>media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/resources/rules/MagicCompRules_21031101.pdf

>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com
>thread q
Whats a card that you didnt know was legal in modern?

Psionic Blast.

BAN 8th, 9th, and 10th Editions now!!!

Fun science fact, retard. PsiBlast isn't legal from a core set, it is legal from the Time Spiral Timeshifted cards. But then again, you're just memeing about how you want the core sets banned despite there being a less than zero percent chance of them being banned, so fuck you.

WTF are you talking about? Here retard let me spell it out for you.
>Whats a card that you didnt know was legal in modern?
Psi Blast

>Meme opinion
Ban those 3 core sets

what about the card in the OP

Any portuguese MTG player?

Where do you guys play?

I like this dinosaur.

Wrong general boyo

Not him but what do you mean? It's a card that can be played in Modern.

Sure, but it isn't playable. It's a 4 mana 4/4 in 2 colors that does stone nothing the turn it enters. There is literally no reason for any deck to play this.

>not putting hasting and double striking on it

I knew Veeky Forums was bad at magic but holy shitballs

Wait, what? What deck do you think would play this?

Raging Monstrosaur is preferable to this.

Playable in Modern?

It seems like it's got potential. My immediate thought was in a Control shell, but there's no good Esper deck at the moment. So sideboard card for Abzan maybe? Feels like it'd be an excellent card for midrange mirrors.

*Charging

You expect a three mana do nothing card would see play in Modern?
On top of it requiring an investment of 15 mana?

Short answer: No
Long answer: Absolutely not

How much of an impact will Blood Sun have on Modern? One perspective I don't see it changing things up much more since Blood Moon is a thing but it can hit certain decks incredibly hard while sparing others.

People are going to try and force 8 moo or 12 moon I know it.

It doesn't hurt Tron, since it's still a manager ability. Is shit

Only kind of hit fetches?

Could definitely see some decks like Sun and Moon play it against Valakut

>BM unplayed fetches become mountains
>BS they become dead lands

8Blood here i come

..or you could just haste double strike a non-shitty creature?

>not playing with 8 mana dorks, 8 moons, 4 magus of the moon and 4 evo for a grand total of SIXTEEN MOONS

>not just using it as a 5 mana instant speed exile

It means you can put it in Blue Moon and change the deck's name to Blue Deck with Sun & Moon. Or BDSM for short.

>5 mana to exile one creature

or an ACTUALLY non shitty creature...

Tarmo gets pooped on by baloth, user. Honestly, tarmo is wildly overrated.

>Dies to Fatal Push: The Creature

Lmaoing my dude

>not playing RG tron with blood sun

>Tarmo gets pooped on by baloth, user.
says the guy with a planeswalker, an enchantment and Tarfire in their graveyard.

it died to Abrupt Decay LONG before fatal was a thing.

Yeah, but the decks running Decay were the same ones running Tarmo, and its use has fallen off a cliff since the Twin banning. Meanwhile, any black deck can (and should) be running a full playset of Push in either the side or main.

true

but Tarmo is splashable and Baloth isn't!

preorders are already selling out.
i’m worried it might be near blood moon prices come release

Can this work in Modern?

The fact that it cantrips is what makes it fucking stupid. It doesn't hurt Tron, but shutting off fetches completely AND replacing itself? This card is going to mine a lot of butthurt.

>it fucking cantrips
FUCK EVERYTHING
BURN IT ALL DOWN!

don't you know the law of MTG? No phoenix is ever constructed playable.

Hm too bad. I actually really like this one. Comes back your next turn with haste without extra cost.

>No phoenix is ever constructed playable
this one is actually standard playable, not modern though.

Honeatly this is as close to playable as Phoenixes are gonna get. If if cost 3 mana then, yeah. But as it is, I'll buy 3 for my gf's owl deck

>owl deck
I am not usuall a tryhard causals haters, but what the fuck? How casual can one get?

Well this is the modern thread, so no it's not

3 mana for a 4/3 flyer with upside? No color or combination of colors gets this.

I haqt that because of this card my favourite memedeck, sun and moon will have to change name.

WotC really hates shuffling eh.

Pretty casual. It runs duresses, counterspells (the actual card), and baleful strix. But other than that it's just "do you like the art on this card? Is this the right kind of owl?" I bought it for her on tcgplayer, and she acrually cried because "it must have taken so long to find all those cards". lol, at least i can play magic with her now

Exactly

where’s the brazzers watermark?

oh my sweet summer child

>retards in spoiler thread thinking this will slot into Tron
Goddamn spoiler season is always a treat.

I love spoiler season

"strictly better than blood moon"

It’s looking to be the hyped chase card for the set and people are saying it can be main decked into rg tron.
With no masterpieces it can easily be $25+.

It won't have an impact on Modern outside meme decks and niche waste of SB slots, because the the normal amount of fetches in Modern is 8.

I've no idea of Legacy landscape since SDT ban, but I doubt it'll do shit there as Blood Moon doesn't do shit there to begin with.

Vintage is off discussion.

None the less, we're bound to be annoyed by this bullshit for a few weeks and afterwards vs occasional meme decks. It is also amazing how Veeky Forums is bad at magic doesn't exist anymore, because reddit is so much worse.

nah this is the card with potential which hoses the retards who preorder expensive cards. I peronally believe this will be modern playable, but it will plummet super fast after release.

Definitely looking to put it in amulet to make bouncelands fucking busted

i mean honestly what does it do
>turns off gq, tec edge, field of ruin
so much search and topdeck manipulation that these lands are a non-issue without being backed up by arby, censor, etc.
>turns off fetchlands
you're supposed to be playing a karn right now what are you doing
>turns off sanctum of ugin
you rolled all over yourself, fool

>this is better then Blood moon when you draw multiples because it replaces itself
It's like people don't understand how much 3 mana is in modern. Blood moon already fucks you over sometimes even in matchup where it should be good, imagine casting two of this piece of shit BM light.
Regardless think this is an acceptable side board card, it could be decent against UW control and valakut if your deck can't afford to trun Blood moon. But unless some crazy combo emerges this will be a fringe card at best.

Someone posted when it was first spoiled that it turns the ravnica bounces into straight up sol lands, not even coming in tapped. That is the coolest use to me and what is worth exploring. Randomly hosing Death's Shadows fetches and Valakut triggers along the way would be abonus.

>Stronghold
holy crap it has been such a long time since phoenix was power...

Sol lands starting turn 4 at best. That's assuming you have nothing better to play on turn 3 and it doesn't get countered or removed, as well as the fact you need to run a sufficient amount of bounce lands to begin with, which are pure trash at high quantities.
Why would you run this over blood moon is the real question. Blood moon serves a purpose of taking opponent off some colors/access to them for a period of time, this serves as a "your 5-6 fetches left in the deck won't be useful, but neither will mine".

The only "cool" factor this has, is that it makes Azcanta into an Island, but oh wait, Blood Moon makes it into a mountain.

yeah, that's what i meant with combo, i doubt it will work, but it might.

>but neither will mine".
the idea is to use it in a deck that doesn't use fetches, the problem is that if your deck doesn't play fetches, then it plays ghost quarter or is tron and tron kind of has better stuff to do then this.(does tron have a bad matchup against scapeshift? If so maybe in SB if your meta is filled with scapeshift)

I am still waiting for some new spirits for a my spicy UW aggro/control ghostie build

Return to Kamigawa will make spirits a tier 1 deck.

>aggro/control
That's not how roles work.

i can dream.

it is essentially the same philosophy as UB faeries

people call tempo "aggro/control" for whatever reason.

Tell that to humans

Is this some hearthstone thing?
I don't fucking know mate, as cringy as it sounds, I've read books on MtG and that's not how fucking roles work.

The first time i saw it was in chapin's SCG guide book. I don't know where it came from , but since then people use it more and more. I would say tempo and aggro/control are used equally nowadays.

it runs 16 "counters" and wins from combat damage and preventing your opponent from playing a game of magic. I have seen plenty of decks refereed to as "aggro/control"

How the hell is that aggro? Majority of pure control "draw-go" decks won from combat damage. Is this the same meme as when Infect was "combo"?
Chapin simplified role breakdown for ease of understanding. You have to legit be new to Magic to not grasp what tempo decks are.

I'd argue you'd have to be new to magic to not grasp what aggro/control means but here we are.

>2018
>not playing blood moon to protect your fetches from blood sun

Veeky Forums, a place to argue about the nuance of nomenclature about cardboard with strangers on the internet

>it runs 16 "counters" and wins from combat damage and preventing your opponent from playing a game of magic
so... a control deck...

>"""control deck"""
>doesn't win by revving for 15
i am sorry, but what you are thinking of is aggro.

The irony is that my spite is because I play from way before anyone would've decided to use aggro and control in same sentence to describe a deck or strategy. So, as any old geezer, I hate idea of kids spouting "silly stuff".

no, what I am thinking of is control.

they are playing a control deck and using a stupid name for it to feel like a special snowflake.

>which hoses the retards who preorder expensive cards.
it caused lotus vale to jump from $10 to $40 and climbing along with other lands.
i certainly hope it does something solid from all the speculation hype.

No, they're playing a trash deck and consider spellqueller as a "counter" among other shit and need to play a sub-par tempo decks that t h e y b u i l t, so that they could feel special.

Fuck off with your NuMTG "control", a control deck is supposed to be a real grinder, not just shit out some creatures to attack with after countering for a couple turns.

ah, that sounds more reasonable actually.

>Oponent is playing ur tempo full of counters, delver and lightning bolt
>mfw playing master race dredge and see their struggle when they can't deny me playing the game
why do people still try to play "fair" decks? just go play standard if you want your midrange memes to work

What you're describing is "idea" of old control decks from Type 2, not even how they actually performed back then, let alone how Type 1 control decks played. Though I do get your anger with people netdecking UWR in Modern and calling it control because it runs some counterspells.

Besides people preferring to play one strategy over the other? The fact that "fair decks" most of the times have a more even performance ratio against the field/meta and are harder to side against/be hated out.

Dredge always had and has a stellar G1 in every format it's played at. It has atrocious G2/G3 in every case too though, because grave hate is cheap and strong.

>being this much of a n e t d e c k i n g f a g that playing a homebrew is considered trying to be "special"

Is this good enough to warrant play instead of Oracle of Mul Daya?

>It has atrocious G2/G3 in every case
>but is 4% of the meta and growing
>11% of the meta in vintage

Probably, yes.

Aggro/control exists because i wont call this a tempo card

*dies to burn spell*

You're new if you homebrew in an "Eternal" format, besides trying out a new possible engine. People simply tune/adjust their decks as new cards come out. Net decking and brainstorming was a thing since early 2000's. Teams would brew decks together as far as "pro-scene". Forums brewed (and still do) decks together.

Finally, if you're good at deck building, you'll come around at having a barely different deck from what's best as is.

Historically Dredge was strongest when it was at it's lowest numbers as that meant lower hate against it. Those were always the times Dredge topped most.
Dredge is performing terribly in Vintage, the higher percentage on the field in the last 6 months has to do with recent restrictions, price tags, Hollow One and increase in Shops %.

I didn't say dredge is bad, I said it has bad G2/G3 and a stellar G1.

Oath is at 18%. Oath is one of the worst decks to play in Vintage atm. Online % is meaningless for Vintage. Most MTGO Oath lists don't even run an answer to a containment priest.