Low Level Monster Reincarnation

Chose one low level (no higher than 3) monster from the fantasy setting of your choosing.
After a run in with a truck you've now reincarnated as that monster. You retain all of your mental skills and memories. You naturally know the language of whatever monster type you chose and obviously all of their abilities and weaknesses. What do you do with your new life?

>inb4 /qst/ I'm brainstorming for npcs

Have a crisis of faith over being a paladin trapped inside the body of a troll.

Get over it

Become a Trolladin

You're a paladin in real life? That must be exciting.

>flumph
>no need to eat
>no need to drink
>fly
>acid tentacles
but
>need psychic energy
>ohfuckUFO.america
>sex life is still nonexistant
>what do I wear in cold weather
>no doctor alive can help me if I get injured
>hands???
>does telepathy even work with phones

Guess I could go into IT or become a massage therapist
or japanese chicks like tentacles, right
where the fuck do I get psionic energy anyways

I'll reincarnate into an octopus.
>Mental abilities of a human but the boneless color changing venomous sucker armed natural abilities of an octopus
>in a fantasy world, so I could probably sneak into an underwater elf palace or whatever to learn magic spells or, worst case scenario, steal spell books
If I play my cards right, I could become the world's most dangerous invertebrate. My only issues are my dependence on saltwater and my physical weakness.

Crystal Dragon Wyrmling.

I is now a NEET Dragon, and do NEET Dragon things until some group of adventurers burst into the underground lair after some mortal plebeian confused me fore a white dragon. I travel around with the adventuring party, or even multiple adventuring parties, for a while, until I acquire a big enough horde to outright buy a kingdom and make said kingdom my horde

Hobgoblin, no questions asked. I would use my new life to learn the intricacies of military life and tactics and leverage my modern level of education so that one day I'd be able to elevate my people to glory. If I never get to that point, I'll probably slip away and become an adventurer wherever they'd accept Hobgoblins (likely somewhere far enough away they don't deal with my kind often enough to care anymore than they do about half-orcs).

>level 3
So, what, CR 3 or lower in the case of D20 systems?

In terms of Pathfinder I actually have some pretty good options here.

>Dryad
>Medium Elementals
>Pteranodon
>Bog Nixie (or regular)
>Wax Golem
>Drow Noble
>Centaur

Now, here's a question for you - I keep mental skills and memories, learn the new language, and gain the new abilities and weaknesses.

But how much is my thought process affected by the instincts of my new form? Do I take on the listed alignment of the new body? What about mannerisms? A Dryad obviously values nature a little more than your average history major, and Air Elementals hate touching the ground.

In Pathfinder isn't there a super low level pixie type thing where the DM gives it whatever spell of whatever spell level he feels like? So you could Wish once a day if you picked that spell.

>Me: I cast wish.
>GM: What do you wish for?
>Me: To be playing a better system desu.

Pixies are CR 4 minimum, apparently.

Goblin with OP power and skill stealing powers who eventually evolves into a badass oni (ogre to you plebs) who can turn his dick into like ten dicks to sex ten women at once.

Cool. Pop a trivial CR -1 template on it of your choosing.
You and me both

Baby slime or mimic.

>Doppelganger D&D 5e
I can shift back to better version of my original form, gain detect thoughts at will, can become an excellent spy, can learn psionics, etc. Also obligatory Ayy Lmao.

Also lifespan of nothing

Haha, ok I'm using this.

A dragon wyrmling.

Find some delusional people that like dragons to take care of my needs until I can age into my powers. Proceed to shapeshift into various human forms to disguise myself through the ages, preferring to look like my previous self.

>Find some delusional people that like dragons to take care of my needs until I can age into my powers
It will be furries and they will want to fuck you

>TF'd into a kobold
my fetish

Kobold, Forgotten Realms

Train as a paladin.

Become a god.

I'd go dryad. They're basically immortal aren't they?

>where the fuck do I get psionic energy anyways
You just kinda absorb the ambient mental waves put off by sentient creatures. Like photosynthesis...

It is said in the MMs that this feeding does not harm the creature whose thoughts you feed on.

Obviously, I'm gonna be a kobold. They're the best. I'm gonna go get fucked by a dragon

Fuck I forgot about lifespan
Also if I have sex I die

Rust monster because fuck people.

>running an isekai campaign

>Flumphs feed by siphoning mental energy from psionic creatures, and they can be found lurking near communities of mind flayers, aboleths, githyanki, and githzerai. As passive parasites, they take only the mental energy they need, and most creatures feel no loss of discomfort from such feeding.
For the purposes of this I assume humans are psionic creatures. Maybe this isn't such a bad idea...

>not running an isekai campaign and telling it to Veeky Forums so they know how much FUN you're having

>Anime pedoshit
Miss me with that gay shit, famalam

Golden Skeleton.

>Too much bling for y'all to handle
>Makes up for his 1 CR by being the most glamorous motherfucker
>Now you have to cut through a layer of gold to even think about hitting this skeleton's bones

On a more serious note, i'd probably just walk around the land, acting like a fed-up traveler and obscuring my skeletal visage with the most paper-thin of disguises.

>"Mr. Charles! You look somewhat... Different."
>"Ohohoho, old chap, I don't know what you mean! I'm the same old lazy bones you know, twirling his mustache as always."
>"... Mr. Charles hated mustaches! Guards, get this scoundrel!"
>"We can't finish our meal first?"

Nice, if you don't get ganked for 'rising above your station' in your hob hoard. Problem with being the advanced one is everyone is so used to dumb asses you would be ignored until you did some truly heinous stuff. Better off bolting for a mage' college, explaining your an extra planar who was poly-ed and shrunk and ask for a job to fix it yourself or a favor for a cheap apprentice. Leverage intellect among intellectuals, they are the only ones buying.

Doesn't being a newly sentient war golem just make you a slightly gimped for growth Warforged PC?

The word your looking for is Druid.

Part of the reason I chose Hobgoblin was because, at least as of Volos, they will teach the smartest Hobgoblins wizardry (albeit they focus on the destructive capabilities of war magic and very little nuance) and cleverness often gets them rises in station.

Pseudodragon. Proceed to find a cool wizard who doesn't afraid of anything and go on rad adventures with him as his familiar.

I'd go dryad, try and get some levels in druid, become some sort of plant dinosaur. Be a good flower brontosaurus and go on adventures.

Skeleton of course!
>Immortal
>No LA, so can become a full level spellcaster.
>No need to eat or sleep.
>Darkvision.
>Tons of immunities.

I don't actually know. I gave away my monstrous manuals years ago to monster-interested relatives.

That's a good thought though. though it's weird because younger monsters have lower CR.

Skeleton Master Race

>dryad
Being bound to a single given tree doesn't exactly appeal to me, especially since it's basically a phylactery.

Slime.

A male drow from a community of Eilestraee worshippers.

Checked that manga bit earlier, it was pretty damn bad.

Kobolds every time, the close clan structure and the emphasis on trap making and constantly fighting things bigger than you warm my heart.

That being said I'd probably die a short and horrible death because everything kills them.

A lot of the fae are pretty good.
Baccae are basically hot redheads who always have alcohol.

Bog Nixies are nasty little transforming fairies that can do a limited wish if someone asks them for it and also appear human.

Dryads, you should know.

You can also be a Drow Noble, too.

Skeletons sound cool, but I have my doubts. On the one hand you're immortal (the good kind where you can still die, not the bad "you'll outlive the material universe" kind) and you don't have to worry about scrub shit like getting cut or scraping your knees, but on the other hand you can't enjoy such basic shit as
>A good meal
>A cold, carbonated drink on a hot summer's day
>A nice, fat shit
>Pissing after having to hold it up for hours
>The satisfaction of sore muscles after a hard day of exercise
>Fapping
>Sex oh who am I kidding?
Not sure if life is worth living deprived of those pleasures.

Nobody expects the spider to be a sorcerer.

Faerie Dragon all the way. At-Will invisibility, illusion magic, and a high charisma score. Nuff said.

Just create a deep rot system and use it to create virtual simulations where you experience those things. Charge other undead as much as you can to recoup the materials you spent making it.

I'll be a Wax Golem.

Man that comic went from fun to shit in record time.

Why do these "video game in real life" type stories so often insist on giving the protagonist special cheat powers just for being the protagonist? It was pretty fun at first where it was just a shitty monster learning to use its natural powers in creative ways, but then they had her gain new skills by the dozen, defeating like a million rage monkeys single-handedly when she could barely handle one of them before, and gaining a bunch of OP as fuck secret skills basically for free.

>wax
That man is clearly made of dur butter.

I would have been happier if they had simply communicated with those adventurers they found and got to the surface that way.

Then it's stories of adventurers and spider in the big city. And they occasionally run a dungeon.

Hopefully you get a good owner.

Close, butter and toilet paper.

>setting of your choosing
>level 3 or lower

All newly-hatched Pokemon start at Level 1, you know. All of them. What's to stop me from becoming Arceus himself?

I don't think Arceus can reproduce at all, though, so it's impossible to be a newly-hatched one.

Well sure you're a god, but all you're gonna do is wait for a few thousand years for a ten year old to capture you and use you in cock fights and/or beauty contests.

But while we're at it, what about other monster capturing games? I know Persona for example has various gods up for offer and only scales levels 1-10 and others.

He should have picked either Palkia, Dialga or Giratina

I believe the origin mythos for pokemon starts with Arceus hatching from an egg, so that user would be creating the pokemon world.