media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html
5etools.com

>5etools latest update-
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/
Why do clerics wear heavy armor?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14765252
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not all of them do, just the coolest ones.

So they don't get hit by shit as often.

Getting shanked hurts and makes it harder to concentrate on the healing.

Favourite enemy and why?
Pic related.
I dont think there is anything cooler than trying to fight for your life against something that burns you to death as you fumble against its armor.

>Why do clerics wear heavy armor?
Because Gygax decided so

Do you think the XGE artist knew how edgy hexblades are when he drew this?

New UA when?
Also, what will it be on?
Here's hoping for expanded rations

most clerics work to preserve life.
Why not protect it by wearing big metal sheets to not get shived.

Yes, they commissioned art before the book was finished, the arts were based on the UA versions

>Favourite enemy and why?
I'm a martialfag

So are Divine Soul Sorcerers good at supporting or does their low number of spells known still make them shite?

Blade Mastery seems pretty meh, doesn't it? How could I improve it?

By giving it +10 to attack rolls instead of +1.

So, Enlarge/Reduce doesn't specify a max size for a target, whats the best thing to cast it on
>inb4 the planet

Are you speaking from player's viewpoint? When I threw a gorillon remorhazes at the party, they felt distressed to say at least.

>Why do clerics wear heavy armor?
Related, how do I make an unarmored cleric work?

>Piazo publishing

A blessed crossbow bolt?

Sanctuary and non hostile actions

The fighter that got polymorphed into a giant ape by the other caster

Be a tortle

One more time. In fact, I'll open it up to a vote, so you don't even have to comment on it here!

strawpoll.me/14765252

Do you prefer the Variant Arcane Strike or Regular Arcane Strike?

It didn't get answered last thread so I'll ask again.
Which Roguish archetype is the best for Barbarian/Rogue? Looking at them now I'm thinking it's either Assassin or Swashbuckler but I'm not sure.

Use that variant from the DMG where they get the monk's unarmored defense.

I would prefer for you to fuck off.

>A blessed crossbow bolt?
Yes, wielded by a good creature

>Which Roguish archetype is the best for Barbarian/Rogue?
Thief, Swashbuckler and Scout are all good

Either scout or swashbuckler, assassins are bad because of how campaign dependent they are. Surprise is extremely rare in the games I play.

And they said alignment was useless. Good is the optimal alignment.

I will gladly do just that after I figure out what this community prefers.

Why Thief or Scout? I'm not seeing much that they get that would be all that helpful, especially in the early levels.

A lot spells deal damage based on alignment, and Radiant is better than Necrotic, so...

well yeah but that's a bit of a waste of a feat, and also couldn't a duelling style guy use a quarterstaff one handed and take PAM? so that's 4d8+4modifier for the duel wielder and 3d6+1d4+4modifier+8 for the duelist, or 3 higher damage

Scout gets you more mobility and out of combat uses and thief gets you fast hands. Fast hands is great when you're in a jam and NEED to use an item, whether it be for escape or using a potion on a dying ally.

>CR 13
Why are Rakshasa so shit compared to their challenge rating? I feel like you could halve it and it'd still be appropriate.

Any spell that does that just lets you choose the damage type regardless of alignment as far as I know.

Damn, I see they've buffed the rakshasa somewhat. In the 1st and 2nd editions, a blessed crossbow bolt killed one instantly on a hit, but I can't remember if 3rd edition was the same.

>when?
next monday
>what on?
probably more elf subraces knowing our luck

>the players think that because I put time into painting $5 minis to represent their characters that they're now guaranteed to never die
hrm

How do I effectively run a setting like planescape or numenera in 5e?

Because if you can, why the fuck wouldn't you? They don't have to sneak, listen, or cast arcane spells, so it's within their best interest.

Also, because clerics are supposed to be like Templars. The modern misconception that they are robe wearing priests is because of MMOs.

Because the spellcasters in you party are liable to waste turn on it if they aren't aware of the magic immunity or how it works, and you don't necessarily have good-aligned people wielding piercing weapons.

The strap on his award hand makes it look like the sword is glued to the back of his hand

>Immune to spells of 6th level or lower, advantage on all other spells and magical effects
If I had to guess...

>Intelligence: Very

assassin if your DM will let you use it right, swashbuckler if not

>also couldn't a dueling style guy use a quarterstaff one handed and take PAM?
Yeah

>so that's 4d8+4modifier for the duel wielder and 3d6+1d4+4modifier+8 for the duelist, or 3 higher damage
At 11+ you already have +5 STR, so it would be 4d8+20 vs 3d6+1d4+28

But PAM makes TWF useless by default, not only at higher levels

>Drop opportunity attack advantage
>Add: "When you make an attack, you can immediately hit the opponent with the sword's pommel. The damage is equal to 1+ your strength modifier

Yep, which means a rakshasa has INT 11-12. Back then, if you had an INT of 19-20 you were "supra-genius" etc.

Just send your players to different planes sometimes. My players are in the 9 hells grabbing some cold fire for a wizard friend

How's Arcane Trickster? Does it feel much like a Wizard or not?

>Hit the opponent with the sword's pommel *as a bonus action*.
Sorry, forgot yo add that

>How's Arcane Trickster?
Best Rogue subclass

>Does a Rogue archetype feels like a totally different class?
hmmm, I dunno

>pretty much no spikes, just scalemail with slightly pointier sleeves
>no bones
>no skulls
How is that edgy? Tiefling Warlock is just a archetypical race/class combo, like dorf cleric or elf ranger. My main gripe with the image is the fucker is not using proper fucking arm protection which is a vital organ for casters and martials alike, but that has nothing to do with edgyness.

Even without those two factors, as long as you have one or two martials wielding magic weapons the Rakshasa is piss-easy. Less than half as much HP as monsters with similar CRs, no offensive spells, 1/5th the average DPR as other CR 13 creatures, and a comparatively low AC. The curse is the only threatening thing it's got, and even without healers in the party "Remove Curse" would be easily accessible in most settings. The only way the Rakshasa works as a CR 13 creature is in a low magic setting.

wait a couple of months for the inevitable planescape supplement book

Dominate person and especially plane shift are offensive spells. If you get hit by plane shift you're basically worse than dead.

>Variant Earth Genasi
>13 + CON AC
Stone Sorcerer had this, I liked it there but thought it was always a bit much. Maybe tone it down to 12 cause its basically Mage Armor at will with CON.

>Deception +10
>At will detect thoughts, disguise self, minor illusion
>3/day invisibility, major image, suggestion
>1/day dominate person
>Cursed melee attack prevents benefits of short/long rests

Rakshasas are really fucking mean, user. Go beyond the "I hit it with my sword, it hits me with it's sword" formula.

>TFW sent to Carceri

>This broken shit
Fuck off with your gay homebrew

Are you one of those guys that just throws enemies at players without any reason for them being there? Rakshasas are intelligent, they have motivations too.

It's really mean outside of combat. In combat it's a joke, and that's what Challenge Ratings are based on. It's equally threatening to a 7th level party as it is to a 13th level party.

But user if you say that is broken then that means PAM is broken too and there's no way you could think that.

I was guilty of this for a while.

Towards the end of the campaign, I made sure the enemies actually made sense.

This resulted in a Dracolich killing the Fighter by grabbing her from the air and pinning her against an ice spike.

The campaign then ended.

user, that's objectively weaker then PAM. Plus, it's a STR attack, so it wouldn't be too good for rouges or anything

How often do you think a level 7 character is going to make a DC 18 charisma saving throw?

How is a level 7 party going to save their planeshifted friend?

Meanwhile the party members that are left have to fight their dominated buddy and the rakshasa at the same time, and are both spellcasters so they can't do shit.

>It's really mean outside of combat
and half of it's abilities let it get the fuck out of combat after cursing half the party

>How is a 7th level party going to save their planeshifted friend?
By going on a quest. Unless they are in like... Orcus or Demigorgan's layer of the Abyss or the lowest level of the 9 hells, it's possible.

Carceri is out of the question though. No 7th level party is getting anything out of Carceri

can't help but think of the Lost Planet monsters when I see them.

>this ability just puts a party member out of commission for the foreseeable future, no big deal
That isn't going to help you not get murdered RIGHT NOW though is it?

Would you allow a variant human to take a bonus weapon proficiency instead of a bonus skill proficiency?

>Attack roll and a save against one of the two superstats

What are some fun ways to explain your Warlock's pact beyond making a deal with the devil/host/court during a pivotal point in their life?

Stumbled onto this shit today, phb 202.

So I can't cast Healing Word and Guiding Bolt on the same round?

What are the chances a poor boy could get the Roll20 Curse of Strahd map pack? Like you're able to import spells and items and such the 5etools plugin. Trying to fit the maps to the grid from PDF clippings is a futile effort. No reasonable amount of resizing and fiddling is going to work.

welcome to reading the book.

>charisma
>superstat
lol
Your martial has a -1 charisma save and you know it.

This is why you read the fucking book. This is also why people use Cantrips

The way those knives are facing it looks really annoying to unsheath them. Gotta fucking twist around my whole torso to reach and pull them damn.

>Attack roll and a save against one of the two superstats
it's a good thing that Rakshasa wasn't that cute slutty barmaid you were trying to fuck

Because Gary Gygax created the class at the whims of one of his players. Another player was playing a vampire and the first one greatly disliked the character, so he asked for Gary to make a class that hard-countered the vampire. Hence the Cleric; Turn Undead, healing spells that hurt undead, heavy armour, and if I remember correctly it had pretty decent saving throw progression against the kind of crap vampires tended to use.

I'm not saying the Cleric was a mistake, it's just important to remember the context for why designers add things to the game. Like how rope cords no longer let you retrieve your melee weapon in Pathfinder because the designer couldn't manage it in real life. Okay, that was a mistake but still!

This makes me want to make a Rakshasas pact for the warlock.

Yep. This is why cantrips are a thing. Also, action surge can help you with casting multiple leveled spells on your turn. You could cast two fireballs through that if you wanted to.

No need to make it quite so dramatic. King Arthur made a pact with a Lady of the Lake fey rather unceremoniously and obtained a magic sword and magic scabbard.

Charisma is used by half of all spellcasters in the game. Plus rogues have decent CHR.

Weapon cords got fucked because of PFS players, let's not kid ourselves.

>fat lazy office-dwelling game designer couldn't do something
>therefore a legendary hero needs five feats and this specific race and class combination in order to be pretty okay at it, but not nearly as good as just trying to kill your enemy anyways
Why is Pathfinder the worst system?

Why would a Rakshasa bother to target a caster with plane shift?

>get hit by plane shift
>no worries guys I have a +2 charisma save
>roll a 15
>die

>Because Gary Gygax created the class at the whims of one of his players. Another player was playing a vampire and the first one greatly disliked the character, so he asked for Gary to make a class that hard-countered the vampire
T B H that player was fucking up the campaign and undead are very dangerous in old D&D

because a spell caster with full spell slots is inherently more dangerous in a single fight than a martial.

Not to a Rakshasa.

you uh, seem to have forgotten the defining feature of a rakshasa

>not knowing how to use spells indirectly.

Want to know how I know you're a martial cuck?

Please tell me what level 1-4 spell you would use to shut down a rakshasa without the help of the martials it has already killed/dominated.

I'm dying to know.

>You were in the right place at the right time and attracted your patron's interest
>latest in a noble family who made an ancestral pact with your patron
>managed to steal power from a patron without their knowledge or consent (if they find out, it's gonna get interesting)