What happened to Song of Swords/Call of the Void?

What happened to Song of Swords/Call of the Void?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game/posts/2083321
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's still going, ETA Soon™

it's not nice to lie, user

>Rules and Text
>Core Rulebook: All text finalized, currently undergoing formatting.
>Magic Compendium: All text finalized, currently undergoing formatting.
>Hunter’s Handbook: Text being made final in the next two weeks.
>Adventure Path: Text to be made final within the next three weeks.
>Tales from the Tattered Realms: Text to begin mid Jan.
From Update 17.

Discussion dried up for some reason, and couldn't sustain generals. Moved on to Discord, alas.

Discussion dried up because the game was Soon for five years and the dev team are a bunch of spastics who keep making new things instead of finishing the current thing.

There was just an update on the Kickstarter. Current date of delivery for digital copies is March.

Jim Jam is too busy fixing his shitty spelling and doing boring stuff, and now pretty much everything that could be said at the moment has been said.

There haven't been any more beta releases since Orredin and Thaumaturgy, have there?

Discussion dried because people prefer to shitpost about lack of gfs and elves on discord.

Jim posted some lore to the Hunter's book and has been showing snippets of the monsters but that's about it

hopefully relegated to /qst/, where they belong

>Actual roleplaying game development
>Quest

I don't believe it. Every time Jimmy has made a concrete plan for release, the game has continued on for two more years. I'm guessing they will release SoS in 2020. Right on time for new Cyberpunk craze, so that they can start developing the Ballad game.

It's Bones who writes the KS updates, I think. At any rate, if the core book text is out for formatting, it's out of Jimmy's hands. It's the Australian who does formatting, isn't it?

>Bones
This is a good sign.

btw, are fechts still allowed on this board?

What do you mean? Fecht books? I never seen anyone getting worked up for posting them in Weapons and armors threads.

>THIS NIGGA DOESN'T KNOW WHAT A Veeky Forums FECHT IS
Goddamn, what is wrong with you people?
Does anyone have the trifechta screencap?

Unless they somehow is considered quests now they should be just fine.

Just had an update.
kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game/posts/2083321

They look better than I expected. Also what's with that lanky guy on the left? He is someone's minmaxed character right?

>The Australian

RIP SoS, you were too good for this world

Who're they?

>backercharacters

Derp

Let's play a game 'find a Zell'. I think it's the old lady 13.

How can we be sure the dog isn't a Zell?

Put it on a boat. If it doesn't age, it's a Zell.

What a proud and noble dog.

From left to right: 10/10 7/10 5/10 6/10 7/10 4/10 4/10 7/10 8/10 7/10 9/10 8/10 4/10 8/10 5/10 6/10 7/10 7/10 10/10 7/10 9/10 8/10

SoS fags finally admitted to themselves the game is never going to be finished and the generals just fizzled out.

What did he mean by this?

>the knight of clover made it in
yis

For old times sake we should bitch about the rules

Strength Caps were a good system.
SDB and locked Toughness make it impossible to wound people.

I kinda prefer it this way. I bitched a lot when TOU was locked but now me and my group are used to it. All those two new changes mean is that if you're fighting someone with Hard armor all over you're just gonna have to stop sticking to just Swing/Thrust and look at the other maneuvers, choose your weapons for the job, wrestle, etc.

>land a Joint Thrust to the face with 9 BS
>deal a level 1 wound
hm
hm
hm
hm

Shouldn't that be a level 2 wound, assuming no weapon bonus and 4 STR? If instead of using a Messer you did that with a spear or a polearm, or even a gladius, you'd be able to deal better blows, simple as that.

Also, if you only have average 4 STR you should probably stick to ranged weapons or learn magic.

>4 STR
>the expected amount for a man of "good strength"
>the STR rating for line soldiers
>advised to avoid combat
now this really winds my walnuts

If you had that same man use a half-pike he'd have dealt a level 4 wound and you wouldn't be whining.

>two regular guys get into a fistfight
>literally can't hurt each other
Better stick to the older version if you want to play this.

Maybe you should stop making bad characters and bad bait.

Not even baiting. Take two average people (4 in all stats) who aren't fighters, and no matter what they do, they will be unable to hurt each other.

In unarmed combat I might even consider since I checked the probabilities without paying attention to talents and superior maneuvers, and assuming nobody was wearing gauntlets. Even then, 4 in all damage and CP related combat stats (STR, AGI, WIT) is something that may only become an issue for characters made with 3 or less PCP.

If you're thinking about a shitty guard you'd end up with a very decent amount of PCP to spend elsewhere, and from quick calculations (and using 18 PCP as a base) you'd have a guard with 16 PCP and 15 gp to spend on anything that isn't your bare fists. It does mean that if you sucker-punched a completely unsuspecting peasant you'd only have a 40-60% chance of knocking him out, which might be low for some, but it's something that could be boosted with appropriate talents and superior maneuvers, which at my achieved Level 8 Soldier School at chargen, would be 4 available talents and 2 available superior maneuvers.

So basically, if you don't generally care about punching things, you'll be shit, but if you give a bit of effort in punching things you'll get decent results. I'm just glad I don't have to set up party with someone that has 8 TOU anymore.

I'm talking about specifically non-combatants. Random guys who've never had real combat experience or training. They can't hurt each other. That the system is nonfunctional there hints at a bigger problem.

Yeah, people without any proficiency levels are kinda useless, but in my games I reserve them to spoiled princesses and the like. Anyone who's used a stick as a 5 year old to fend off the fat kid or an angry dog would probably have at least one level in Scrapper School. It sounds weird, but that's how I've been making sense of it. It does leave you quite shit regardless though if you don't have a decent weapon

Does it hurt to be this retarded, user?

I miss Blue/Blue.

Could you even do damage as a noncombatant before? Better yet do you even have cp technically? You have to default if you don't have a specific proficiency when using a weapon and when unarmed you must use the grappling or pugilism proficiency. But what are you defaulting from? Since you have no proficiency and the negatives are based off proficiency any you choose is just arbitrary.

As a gm i'd rule you'd just be at adr but rules as written it's sort of a blank

Is it any fun? First time I heard of it.

Is number 17 Zellmurhaja?

How autistic are you?

When will Arcturus return to liberate his homeland? #NotForgotten

extremely

studded leather makes me angry

Then you may well enjoy the hell out of this. Welcome aboard.

>tfw you're the only one to pick a dwarf

That's how I've been managing it as well

If not for the short stature I would say 16 could be him

ADR makes the most sense. And it was easier to do damage due to everyone getting full SDB. You were actually capable of hurting people.

There are apparently another couple that were still being worked on, so he could be one of those.

I think the abstractions of proficiencies just changed, at least how they work in my head.

He has an Octopus on his helmet.

I'm not objecting to it, but...why?

What, are you too good for octopodes?

He's from /d/.

yes but two noncombatants still can't do it regardless since they can't get enough bs. 4's in everything but no proficiency. Since we have arbitrated that pugilism/wrestling have adr going from that Dagger 3 dice, 1h swords and blunts 3 dice, 2h and longer 0 dice.

In the dagger section anything with -1 damage can only do damage with 3BS to a man in normal clothing (1/1/1). Anything with 0 damage needs 2BS. Both are not impossible but we are talking a death by a thousand cuts with a lot of these weapons.

1-hswords and blunts are better off with their usually higher damage but they only have 1 dice. So the two of these bastards are functionally immune to sabers, rapiers, pokes from longswords,schiavonas, katzbalgers. It is in fact funny how inept they are at murdering each other.

This is old rules by the way. Yes new rules drastically increase the amount of weapons that are unable to damage two schmucks and the problem doesn't really go away until around 8 str.

The way that proficiency schools now give you a bonus 4 dice per level sooorta makes up for it though, since you'll usually be getting about one or two successes than before. For a schmuck with 4 STR that's sorta helpful