/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread: fuck off

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F2bk_9T482g
youtube.com/watch?v=4H9-ofPAVPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why wouldn't you just use the goat tower to gain the other two?

C

no cell can hold a man who can produce infinite cocaine

C

and its bastard child

Anyway, like I was asking before and people were graciously discussing: Any ideas for cool special abilities a spaceship crewmember might have?

>Do drugs
>Get 3d person
>Learn the secrets of life
Why the fuck would someone choose anything but the tower?

I don't know user. What is the sci-fi hardness of the setting? Are there alien crewmembers? Alien-human hybrid crewmembers? Are there psychic powers or even magic?

None, because an AI thinks and reacts much faster then a biological crewmate and takes up less of the ships's space and resources.

>Sci-fi stuff
>Somehow the idea of augmenting yourself so you are not obsolete to a fucking machine is not there

Why the fuck would I take a human sized crew mate and then something the size of a toaster?

What if jamming and EMP technology is better and capable of shutting down non-military grade spaceships necessitating solid pilots to fend off space pirates with superior manual control.

What if the AI is the size of a room?

???

Are you absolutely sure about the secret of life? What if the secret is that life is just an accident and you existence is meaningless? Or that humans are cattles and our souls will be devours by cosmic entities after we die and you have no way to avoid it? Ignorant is bliss user.
Choice B is a guaranteed 20 years of emotional happiness.

Because the same jamming and EMP technology would fuck over a humanoid crewed ship as well. You just need to disable some of the ship's life support systems and the crew is fucked.

Is it really worth it for the post death stress and depression?
youtube.com/watch?v=F2bk_9T482g

Fuck off i am already convinced that we only exist to get our soul slowly grinded away to be consumed as coffee by a cosmic entity i am willing to take the gamblre

Well, yes, I'd just kill myself right after.

I wouldn't pick it either way, however, because it's technically murder.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and things to think about. The Build outline is complete, giving a clear roadmap to how you can customize your ship and crew, now I have to make the Missions outline, which will show the results. Might be harder, but I needed to know what options you have to choose from before I made the missions to suit them.
Here's hoping you all like the finished product!

youtube.com/watch?v=4H9-ofPAVPo

When you really look deep into PPP+ you realize that there is no real villains or bad guys in the cyoa.

You could be if you wanted to though

>Rome
>Ultra Beasts
>Decadence sometimes
>Cornelia
>Augustus
>D
>Genesis
>no villains
I won't deny that most of them can be rehabilitated but your pretty dumb if you think none of these guys are bad.

>Genesis and D
Genesis and D were/are doing everything under good intentions. Its not their fault the Darkness fucked things up.

>Augustus
He wasn't given his rightful promotion and fucked off to his own part of the world.

>Cornelia
She didn't do anything wrong. The Protectors have been keeping the world safe since the Second Era.

>Ultra Beasts
They just want the Great God to acknowledge and love them like everyone else in the world. They did nothing wrong.

>Rome
>Decadence
I can't really defend them.

>Rome
>Implying slavery is bad in anyway
Rome can only succeed if there is a market for his slaves. He is a product of free market at work. If he doesn't do it, someone else will.

Being in the military of PP+ sounds max comfy. You just sit around a city or base all day.

>It's okay to murder and rape people, because if I didn't someone else would

what's wrong with that statement?
I am not saying you HAVE to be the one raping

>Genesis and D
Good intentions make the most callous of villains, they gloss over losses as a number since their ends justify it and they don;t take into account how it tramples people's happiness at the moment.

>Augustus
He is a narcissist and Decadence was the only to realize it, her veto prevented another self absorbed seat from joining and exasperating the problem they already have. His willingness to turn to crime and rebellion immediately after shows he never really had good intentions.

>Cornelia
Bat shit crazy and far too authoritarian. More of the protectors in general being the problem with them being willing to wipe out villages and trapping hero descendants against their will to their regime.

>Ultra Beasts
Really just asking the great god to go visit them might chill them out a little, but they are too yandere for their own good. They can apparently become chill considering the Night and Day Rulers though.

And then there's this asshole.

He does have a point. Rome has something of a heart and isn't too cruel to his slaves. If you kill one he will kill you.

Dance Knight

Might: **(****)
Endurance: **
Durability: **
Speed: ***(***)
Intelligence: ***
Charisma: ***(***)

Friday Night Fever: Can concentrate to make any amount of people uncontrollably dance, but the more the people this is used on, the greater the concentration is required.

Drop 'Em To the Beat: Can set up a large speaker in the battleground which increases his powers and is able to fight to the beat of any song that plays on it. The speaker, however, is immobile and can be destroyed very easily.

>Good intentions make the most callous of villains, they gloss over losses as a number since their ends justify it and they don;t take into account how it tramples people's happiness at the moment.
That isn't true. D straight out calls himself out on this and is the reason why he's trying to make the End happen. To make everyone happy.

>Cornelia
>Bat shit crazy and far too authoritarian.
She's just a loyal patriot to her monarchs and Great God. Not too mention she adopted Amew's daughter and raised her to be a decent member of society. She also trained Pasille's daughter.

He has as much of a heart for his slaves as a pimp has for his prostitutes. He is pure business with his slave business and is easily the biggest scumbag in the cyoa. Decadence at least admits to being a sociopath while Rome is an angry waifufag. The only two acceptable solutions is killing him or telling him about Amew Beta and watching as he fucks himself over and laugh.

a, secrets of life could be useful in some situations

That's what its like for most military personnel anywhere.

D has more noble intentions, sure. That doesn't mean he is right about the End. Not everyone would want things like that. Not to mention making everyone go to sleep would basically kill them off after a long time, and there are three confirmed people to give people nightmares when they sleep and how that would interact with the end it might not end well. There is also the Ultra Beast invasion that would happen as soon as they realize its safe. I'm pretty sure he knows about them considering Genesis went to Ami island to open the Void of Creation once and D still rolled with him back then.

>Cornelia
Being zealous isn't no excuse for being cruel. When the organization you're the head of worries the justicefag Throne you've probably overdone your work.

>Not to mention making everyone go to sleep would basically kill them off after a long time.
Nah. I'm pretty sure the End and D will feed them some how while they are sleep.

>There are three confirmed people to give people nightmares when they sleep and how that would interact with the end it might not end well.
So long as they keep away from others its all good.

>There is also the Ultra Beast invasion that would happen as soon as they realize its safe.
> I'm pretty sure he knows about them considering Genesis went to Ami island to open the Void of Creation once and D still rolled with him back then.
Ultra Beast just want the Great God and Ami doesn't appear to be affected by the end. So its all good. I also only thought D knew about the Rulers of Day and Night, Genesis apparently went back and fucked off to the Ultra World after getting them to open a portal for him.

>Being zealous isn't no excuse for being cruel. When the organization you're the head of worries the justicefag Throne you've probably overdone your work.
I wouldn't say they are being cruel. They are dealing with people who want to disrupt the political order and power structure. There is nothing wrong with removing them from society for the greater good.

Would you want communists to take over your government or demand more power in it, despite contributing nothing and knowing whatever ideas they have will fuck everyone over + them never having training in politics/military matters + are disrespecting the authority of God's children by demanding more governance?

Why does this keep getting reposted?
Like, sure it looks pretty, but it's obvious that the author either doesn't speak English fluently or they just don't give a shit.
I haven't read through the other one, but I'd assume it'd be of a similar half-assed quality.

nah, the other one is actually one of the best ocs we got this year imo
but it's not for everyone, just a tad bit weird and breaks your cyoa expectations

Well, since we’re talking about it, I’ll repost my PP+ build that I recently revised with an user’s advice. I think it’s much better than pure Dark, but getting the most out of Purify, which I really wanted, required an ideal change. I can justify it in story, but it also means I lost Black Holy Eclipse for Acid Downpour which is a damn shame. Ah well. Hopefully Cross Poison’s 10% proc is enough to get mileage from Purify in battle, as I don’t fancy the required tail or teeth for Poison Fang/Tail

>Affiliation
Adventurers (+16 Companion, +500 Build)

>Sex
Male (+ 1 Speed)

>Ideal
Hero

>Body Type
Fit (+1 Attack)

>Appearance
Adult (+1 Special Attack)

>Type
Dark/Poison (1200)

>Moves
Snatch
Dark Pulse
Cross Poison
Purify, Special
Acid Downpour, Ideal

>Ability
Magician

>Stats
500 Health (800)
250 Attack (650)
250 Defense (450)
300 Speed (250)
250 Special Attack (100)
250 Special Defense (-100)
15 Evasion (-150)
15 Accuracy (-200)

>Items
None

Exchange 10 Companion points for +200 Build Points, leaving 12 Companion points

>Companions
Gena (10)
Drivvel Spark (8)
Lamincha (6)
Hunter (4)
Onin (2)
Pan (0)

>life is just an accident and you existence is meaningless
That's not exactly a secret.

this is bringing back bad flashbacks from elementary school. These memories should of been forgotten long ago.

>should of
go back to elememetary school

yikes i didnt notice most of the typos when i was reading it earlier. i thnk my brain just fixed the grammar for me. i cant unsee them now which is a shame cuz i like the aesthetics and theme of it.

B because having someone to love is great and I'm a loser

The D and The End are more of a point of view on if you consider it an evil thing or a good thing so its something the player can decide on. I've never seen anything that says Ami island isn't affected by The End but if it isn't, The End is a pretty bad deal since it lets the Ultra Beasts run free and carry out their plans. Constel might get involved if they try and kill any of the 16 and that would a be a big can or worms. I seriously doubt the Ultra Beasts can really stop Constel if it was pissed. As a side note how did Constel not kill the scientists on Ami island that experimented on Amew's body?

As for Cornelia she claims to uphold the law of the Thrones but they clearly breach it what with Xmew being a leader, a nice one albeit, but still something clearly from the First Kind. As for them putting down people who try and break away from God's children, you need only look at God's favorite child Decadence to see why people might not like that idea. And as for them having no experience they clearly do since a lot of the warlords are said to have exquisite cities like the Electric warlord. The downside is that you also get unsavory ones like the Psychic warlord but that is basically the cost to a more society and you as the MC can put down a lot of the more unsavory ones to kind of prune them into shape.

Okay fine. Life wasn't supposed to be meaningless, but a security exploit was discovered and the meaning was patched out.

wtf, you assholes?
I just sat in that last thread thinking no one had made new bread yet. Why did no one tell me?

look closer, inbred

>As a side note how did Constel not kill the scientists on Ami island that experimented on Amew's body?
The First Kind established research facilities across the world without the Great God or the other Imperials (Excluding D and Genesis) knowledge. Dudley got transferred to the Ami facility before they lost contact with the homeland.

>s for them putting down people who try and break away from God's children, you need only look at God's favorite child Decadence to see why people might not like that idea.
Decadence is edgy, but she is perfectly capable of ruling.

> And as for them having no experience they clearly do since a lot of the warlords are said to have exquisite cities like the Electric warlord.
The Electric Warlord is a former member of the military and a General. He was part of the elite controlling Constellia. His territory is also part of the Imperial Thrones territory just like the Normal Warlord who basically owns their version of Las Vegas.

Is Constellia the perfect example of capitalism going right. People can own cities and other people along with private armies and the government is perfectly fine with it so long as they pay taxes.

What's wrong with pure business? Slavery is inevitable in any automatons society. Ours is actually at its height. If slavery is inherent in that society, then Rome is just following his nature, which is not a bad thing.

GIVE ME DIO DAMNIT

why would you post this?
to make me feel bad?
to make me angry?
tell me why?

Didn't Italics confirm that PP+ world is technologically equal to us in some parts. That had an industrial revolution, but don't need jets or tanks because one person is technically one. The cities are basically us level and the further you get from them the more 3rd world/medical you get/

I've never tasted hard tack or breadruit or cornbread.
but sourdough is pretty nice and who doesn't need an overbearing rude friend.
Give me that sourdough loaf you strange mad man.

>I've never tasted cornbread.

is it good?
it's just not something we eat where i am at, but i think i could find it if i looked hard enough. you know bearing any random bread merchant doesn't offer it to me first i mean.

Yes it's good. It's a little rougher than white bread, around whole wheat level, but not dry and a little sweet.

Cornbread is delicious. Almost good enough to be a dessert, but not too sweet. Makes good accompaniment to savory dishes and soups.

A bit of butter and honey on it is amazing.

it has a different taste and isn't what most people expect when they want just bread

It's never 'just bread'. There are so many different tastes of bread, user.

stop being so poor

people aren't generally autistic cu/ck/s though, so you know what I mean

>Mysterious Ring now costs 150 BP, forcing one to choose between an expensive waifu in a CYOA renowned for it's big fat ho percentages, or sweet sweet stat buffs
Also the PPP+ item selection is lacking, the only legendaries are plates and regular held items are non-existent. There are also references to items in the CYOA only present in the previous edition. Did italics forget a page?

Ghost types also don't have any attacks besides the special 1 ofs.

have you considered playing a cyoa that isnt trash instead

I've yet to find one.

I just use my radical freedom to marry characters in-setting instead of needing to purchase a ring from God.

The Order.

go do something more productively pointless instead then, since obviously this place isn't working out for you

do i need to play ppp before i play PPP+?

The order if gid?

Yes and P and PP as will.

where do i find p and pp?

The Order was more like PPP if all the factions had basically nothing to do with one another and only you could travel to their homes and deal with each of their problems individually while serious plot points are withheld from you unless you straight up ask Italics what he is planning to add for the 7 proposed expansions.

avatarfagging is against the law!

Is it?

>Global rule #13 - Do not use avatars or attach signatures to your posts.

>7 expansions
Never ever. Order got scrapped according to Italics. He said he noticed how no one liked the mechanical parts, so he got rid of it, and made cyoa where you can become anything you want + its a remake of New World. The thing is called Calamity.

Where did he say that?

Like several months ago. When an user asked him about the cyoas he had in progress.

knn

I think we need a CPU cyoa

Tricky, but I’ve narrowed it down to either Brioche or EM.
For this good cyoa I will trade you a rare one that I recently found in my travels

France. There are better waifus, but their countries all have bad intentions. France is the second-least-evil after Brazil, and has at least a pretty ok waifu

>PP+
Italics came back? I can finally die?

Please, it's been so long. Please tell me I can rest these bones.

Oh neat, you got dubs so all the red abilities are turned on

Then someoe just edit it. like seriously, i don't have photoshop and its possible the author will never see all the typo's. Someone just fix his cyoa for him.