Connected to ChromeDome...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Nightingale_Advert.trid
>Smartlink_Doom_HUD_mod.AR
>How_To_Clean_An_Internal_Air_Tank.ksft
>Essence_Why_0.001_Is_Too_Much.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 444 (66% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Bear with me: Can I get a grapple hand installed in my pe...'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Hidden_Pocket_Cavity_Search.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever make a datajack for a dragon

What's your pleasure? Slick chrome, ornate brass, army puke green? Covered in thrash rock band stickers and Neo-A slogans, engraved with scripture, or meticulously cleaned and polished? How cool does your 'ware look?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WoFqmF9GHWg
img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1476/80/1476808682765.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>forgetting to tell people not to buy CGL books

Not forgotten, deliberate exclusion.

I'll take my Chrome Vanilla, Omae.

Function over form and it tends to be covered by clothing anyways. No need to spend nuyen on optical blingbling.

>potentially gore pic
>shills CGL

>is a bitch
>bitches about using traditional pasta

Thank goodness I spent 2 capacity on getting that bitch detector - it's giving me some really good data

Well, time for me to lay out this run for my players tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Alright, fellas. Tell me how the Artisan skill works. Do I have a generic and general knowledge of anything and everything artisanal, or only the know how of the speciality I choose?
Do I know how to cook, sculpt, drawn, do carpentry, or just one thing? Can I buy the skill twice?

Just the one, though skill substitution rules are obviously in play. Get Artisan (Painting), Artisan (Cooking), and Artisan (Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation) if you want.

I treat it as an exotic skill in my games, YMMV though.

It's the stupid version where you can do anything creative, when it should work as a write-in like Exotic Weapon.

Because, you know, all creative people are the same. They're always those quirky, colorful folk.

For the user who was going to run a Manhattan game and wanted ideas.

Video released confirming a sequel to Bright. There is a self aware Shadowrun joke in it. How do you guys feel about this?
youtu.be/WoFqmF9GHWg

You two contradict one another. Which one is it? Generic know it all, or just one single thing?

As far as I know and the way my crew and I have run it, it's a special skill that has a focus, either a particular medium (like clay) or is such a specific skill it has to be under Artisan (Like Historical Reproduction). Don't know why you'd wanna have it just be a broad skill.

Don't fuck up

Fucking christ is this general thread op spam retarded

Good luck, I'm GM'ing soon too so best of luck omae.

>What's your pleasure? Slick chrome, ornate brass, army puke green? Covered in thrash rock groupe stickers and Neo-A slogans, engraved with scripture, or meticulously cleaned and polished? How cool does your 'ware look?

Imagine, for a moment, the common seaslug. Now imagine that a doctor decided he had an excellent idea for a new venom gland for the street samurai who doesn't have time to mess around with auxiliary ware to deliver toxins and works up some truly bizarre shit.

Long story short, said ware probably looks a lot like the samurai's internal bits and pieces in a sticky permeable venom bag. Cheap in terms of essence, though.

>Not paying a few hundred nuyen more for the cosmetic lighting
>Not paying a few hundred more for programmable designs
>Not having a different pattern and color on each run, changing up your look
>Not having a laugh watching corp security look for thirty different people when its just you with an extensive wardrobe

It's like you want that Public Awareness

TIL an elder brain would probably do okay in Shadowrun.

Has anyone actually played a skillwires-based character? It sounds fun as fuck.

Most of my ware isn't externally visible, and I wear aviators to cover up my cyber eyes, so it's pretty irrelevant for my dude.

It doesn't take a massive brain with psionic powers to know that a little creativity can go a long way.

Quite.

>FUN

stop mashing together letters in a way that makes no sense

Can do the same with regular wardrobe. Which part of "most is covered by clothing anyways" did you not understand?

So I'm goofing around with a (hopefully) better system for weapon foci in Chummer. Would you guys prefer that I base it off the current system in which you buy the two object separately, or would it be better to purchase the focus, have it prompt you for the weapon to purchase, and add it? Benefit/drawback to doing it that way means that if you delete the focus, the weapon goes as well. Either way the intent is to get the focus to provides its dicepool bonus to the weapon.

I had a couple of Prime games where I used move-by-wire or skillwires and a skillsoft subscription. Not being able to spend edge to bypass limits, get more hits or negate glitches is AWFUL.

Is there a way to turn the focus into an addon, similar to things like personalised grip?

>purchase the focus, have it prompt you for the weapon to purchase, and add it?
I like this much better.

>Has anyone actually played a skillwires-based character? It sounds fun as fuck

I'm playing one atm, PDF related.

Gives you a fuckton of versatility and 30k Nuyen for a Rating 6 Skill is a huge amount less than what you would have to pay in Karma.

Bit of a shame that the skillwire expert System that allows you to use Edge on slotted Skills isn't in 5e yet.
Also talk with your GM about using the german skilljack. English one is extremely expensive and makes the whole concept borderline unviable.
Unrelated to that, if you have high enough mental stats, grab the lowest Level of the skillsoft subscription.
Having access to every knowledgeskill is just great.

>Not being able to spend edge to bypass limits, get more hits or negate glitches is AWFUL.

Not really an issue if you use highlevel skillsofts with high Attributes, save for maybe getting more hits.
Skillsoft benath Level 4 is a bad idea anyways,

Here's the thing about folks remembering things: They got the most distinctive part about it, and tend to forget the rest. Having a neon colored arm is something peoples' memory will latch onto. Crazy hair, crazy clothing too, but if I can make you remember my crazy colored arm, the less of my wardrobe I have to replace people it becomes the distinctive thing they remember.

I swear, if you AREN'T being as garish and eyebleeding as possible when you go on a run, the more attention you are looking for.

If you are an operator who operates in operational operations, you will get known for that. If you are a flamboyant weirdo who hurts to look at, and never look the same way twice, people will brush you off as an idiot looking more for glory and thrill than actually being a professional.

Think of all the Mary Sues out there, with their eye bleeding designs, and how the vast majority of them fall from memory outside a few infamous memes.

Then compare them to well made, well designed characters, and how you can tell it is them with just the face, or clothing. Maybe just a single piece of equipment.

That is how you run and make sure no one ever knows its you.

>5 guys with 50. cals tear up a building from an adjacent building
Assuming they can even get away cops would be on their ass if they're stupid enough to stay within city limits. On top of that, CEO would hire a hit team for a pittance (2 million give or take) and insurance would cover the damage if we're talking about a company (formerly) worth more than 500 million nuyen.

>The most distinctive part

Again, easy to cover with clothing you can ditch in a hurry instead of being stuck with your super flashy cyberware that you need a pro to change again.

>/k/ used INNAWOODS
>/k/ vanished from the battlefield!

A .50 wouldn't scratch the paint on a CEOs wall.

>hire a hit team
At that point he could just set a bounty on their heads and have half the city gunning for them.

What's the most high tech melee weapon I can get?
I need some kind of bullshit plasma mono sword or something for my cyborg ninja.

That sounds particularly bad guy-y for runners.

Fuck me lads. Gotta gm in three hour. Any run ideas for a newish gang? Team includes a ghost that cant interact with the physical world and so has no commlink

By the current rules, monowhip.

I have vague memories of a laser axe.

>Free Spirit without Materialization or Form
I don't...

I need to like, make the whip into a sword though.

Without homebrewing or using magic? Probably a vibroblade. The laser axe and sword has disappeared from the current edition. Be sure to get them the forcefield from Lockdown.

By the rules, cant be done.

If you are happy with house rules, drop the monowhip reach to one and say that it is a monowire stretched along a frame, similar to pic related. You can even put a holo projector in there to make it look like a laser sword....

Dammit, now I want to do this.

Wasn't there a clockwork collapsible sword in one edition? Like the scythes, staves and spears of the current edition?

Mafia dudes need them to collect on a hefty loan from the owners of Tacos del los Muertos, a food truck. Big fat burritos, bags of tacos, shrimp barbecue, etc. Local favorite, run by 'Abuelo' and 'Abuela' Alorenzo, an older married couple.

Bing bang boom, Tacos de los Muertos is a huge goddamn glow in the dark speed monster that only seems to come out at night at underground racing circles. Abuelo is ex-Aztlan military rigger, and crazy ass Abuela is a beacon for spirits. TdlM is a mobile background count.

Oh, and TdlM is flanked by two smaller mexican ice cream trucks, all yertzed out.

But they're innacity. They have to actually make it to said woods with their bug out kit.

Bingo

doing this now, thank you senpai.

Not like you can't just turn off the flashy bits and have it change color to look like regular metal. Have some regular pants underneath whatever you are wearing, and a long sleeve t-shirt rolled up in a pocket. Just shed everything and slip the shirt on and boom, Joe Wageslave.

Its fucking /k/ user. They're pure evil.

>Not wearing your chrome poudly

Can you cast Levitate on just part of an object, or is it always the complete object that's affected?
And if you can, is the threshold based on the whole object's weight or just the part you cast on?

Always the whole object

There is the Memory Steel sword. I'm sure an old edition has a mechanical version

Uhhh... I don't think you can do that. It even states that more expensive buildings use high density concrete of some kind and even the windows are made of a excessively strong material. I don't think even a missile would make a large hole.

What are tbe benefits of grid hopping?

Eh. The rules are in the corebook. There aren't any missiles I can remember being statted for 5e, but even if you go to 4 and use the Krupp Phoenix or something, any building not made like a nuclear bunker - so, none - is going to take a beating.

>There aren't any missiles I can remember being statted for 5e
"Missile" in 5e refers to rockets with guidance systems. Stats are in core.

Chi is that you?
We talked about this!

>Regaining Edge
>"Heroic acts of self-sacrifice"
What the fuck does that even mean? Shadowrunners are criminal murderers, and those are the good ones. I'm not teven taking in consideration the murderhobo extraordinary that always shows up from time to time (apparently, the NPCs also fall into that category).
That edge recovering option is bananas.

It's a holdover from the early editions where you typically had a choice between cash and karma. Yu'll find it in other parts of the game ,like the 'cold hearted bastard' runs.

Hey, I want my character to have a tiger. And even in the Howling Shadows book it don't price one.
How much a tiger would cost?

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1476/80/1476808682765.pdf
50000¥ according to this, but it's not exactly an official listing.

check the German errata

So, building a Street Sam with Skills C, Attributes A and Ressources A.
I have covered ALL Cyberware that will be put into him, he has a full set of tricked out Armor both for heated and for social Encounters and i covered the Basic weapons part (Ares Alpha, Ingram Smartgun and some to be decided Pistol). After Licenses and Basic Equipment (Advanced Runner Pack + better Commlink), i have around 40k Nuyen left to blow on gear.

What should i get? No Vehicle wanted/needed.

Hey Yekka, I'm the guy who was asking about the Cybersuites stuff last thread.
Besides Chummer crashing when one tries to add a created Suite to a character, i sorta circumvented the problem by giving the Character an essence Antihole and 29k Pencils as a placeholder to offset the nuyen difference.

>No Vehicle wanted/needed
why?

>Which part of "most is covered by clothing anyways" did you not understand?

My current runner has a chameleon processor, so they actually spend a good deal of time naked. They're also generally invisible during that time so I guess the point stands.

What lifestyle are you at?

Because the Team vehicle is the job of the Rigger.
I already set aside enough Nuyen for a Bike, just in case and want some more interesting ideas to spend money on than "get a car".

>for a Bike
a Bike is fine too. Just as long you have SOMETHING to use if the rigger is not available

1 Million for a Bastet! DAAAAAYUUUUMMM!!!!
Yet, seens legit. I liked this.

LOLcats ain't cheap, chummer

Low with a few advanced addons.
I prefer to upgrade this ingame as the game advances, feels more natural.

Have a WIP sheet, if this helps for gathering ideas.
If anybody wonders whats up with the fuckton of Cyberware:
Gave him one of the Cyber Suites from Stolen Souls.
I have 22 unspent skills and room for 15 Karma in both positive and negative qualities, just to avoid confusion.
Mainly looking for gear though.

Maybe invest in a sensor network and a few smart fiiring platforms with decent guns? It really sucks to have someone run up in your house and having a defense force ready to go while you wait for the goons your 'extra security' tab is paying for can be a life saver.

And heck, if you ever know you're going to be playing defense out in the field toss a couple of em in the trunk and bring them along. They aren't going to be as hard as the rigger's drones, but they sure aren't nothing either.

Ah, thats actually a nice idea.
And they are not super expensive.
Might grab 2-3 with additional HK MP75s for some decent surpressive fire. Anything else?

what?

Not just using the chameleon processor to mimic clothes. Come on user

DT Has an action where anybody can ping your matrix signal and people connected to the device that pinged it get bonus dice for attac/the target get's reduced defense pool.
An RCC gives you bonus dice to that action.

The processor does not work that way.

If I wanted to play the great white hope, a humanist policlub boxer who has left the group and is hiding from them as a runner, how do min max noncyborg nonmagic unarmed fighter?

The sensors can be used without a skill? Ultrasound, Atmospheric, etc.

You don't.

I don't see why not its just an upgrade for skin toner. No reason why it shouldn't be able to fool someone into thinking you have clothes on from a distance up close though yeah everyone will realise your dicks out

Drug samurai.

Is there a more effective way to get an implanted neural interface than a datajack?
Since the datajack also has the cable - which I don't need or want.

An implanted commlink?

First off - you're gonna suck. Literally every troll is going to be better at what you do than you are. Which, I dunno, MIGHT kinda be your point if you're trying to make your character a hate magnet that your GM and other players can pound on.

I don't see any explosives on that sheet
Mono-chainsaws can help during runs.
Why not bump the respirator up to R6?
Everyone loves grapple guns
Gecko gloves are nice. Remember they come in a set including gloves, kneepads, and soles, so you can stick yourself to things like walls, ceilings, and moving vehicles.

What in God's name are you doing with all those pencils?

wait that gives you a neural interface?
I thought it was just the device crammed into the body!

It does. It's not like you have a commlink implanted next to a datajack and then run a cable to it.

You can get an internal router and a skinlink to play with wireless bonuses. Assumign you don't go techno and take the right echoes.

What's wrong with just wearing a trode net?

>Not being Pencilanon 2.0
I'm disappointed, omae

Do you have 29,000 pencils, or a pencil that costs 29,000, and what the fuck, dude?

Explosives require to much of a skillpoint-investment for a Skill C Character (and i want to save that for when i stat the burner Bomber).
Grapplegun is good, idk why i didn't took that Respirator to level 6 desu.
Already have a crowbar and Chisel, so idk if the mono Chainsaw would be worth as gear.

Gecko gloves and kneepads are a good idea.

Regarding the pencils (also relevant for:
):
Its just my personal schtick for how i can compensate for improperly set gear Prices in Chumer (or in this case, occasions where you can't set a proper price at all). Pencils have the advantage that you can easily finetune your shown credit balance down to the single nuyen and its easy to spot on the char-sheet as a placeholder item.

This quirk of mine also spawned an /srg/ Character called Pencilman, this user seems to remember him.
PDF related, its a cybered-up Ork Adept who dresses like a geek (checkered shirt, glasses, pencils in the breast pocket), drives a dodge scoot and throws people to death with pencils that do 12(p) Damage.

Why the heck a pencil would deal 12P, what the hell. HOW?