/SWG/ - Devastation Of Worlds Edition

Previously: Post about FFG, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, X-wing, Armada, Legion, and anything else Star Wars Related.

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Most sensible Imperial Super weapon?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Century_tank
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/D_automated_starfighter
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inquisitorius
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Most sensible Imperial Super weapon?
Mandalorian Super Commandos

None of them? The only "super weapon" that really worked in real life was the atom bomb. Star wars tends towards things like the Schwerer Gustav, or Yamato.

You got it in one, because the world devestators do somthing other then destroy, they recycle what they destroy and are decentralized as its not just one. Reducing the usual over centralization issue of other super weapons.

Yeah I always found that one of their advantages.

I like all Imperial super weapons, but the World Devastators are one of the more effective ones I think as they build upon the Imperial warmachine as they destroy.

Interestingly, I think they also make very nice combat warships if they're attacked.

Is it wrong to hate these if you play the Empire?

Sup /swg/, I need help.

I'm making another batch of X-wing cards to give out, and I need help finding some art.

Some art that I'm looking for-

- the Intensity EPT original art, so that I can make "*Intensity Intensifies*". (The "Why didn't you intensify it" meme will be the back)

- The highest resolution photo possible of Kylo shirtless for an alt-art kylo crew.

- An artist suggestion for a Wampa piloting a tie fighter.

- Any other card ideas you guys may have.

Any suggestions?

The Death Star II would've worked if Sheev hadn't tried to put all his eggs into one basket and lure the Rebels into a trap while it was still vulnerable just so he could convert Luke.

Zaarin was right.

Sensible? These are the people that don’t put secondary bridges on there Super Star Destroyers because fuck having a contingency plan. These are the people that entrust the design and mass fabrication of their fighter craft to Raith “shields are for pussies” Sienaar. The people that neglected to put PDC emplacements on their massive warships and doubled down on that decision when they refitted the shagging things.
“Sensible” was never in the picture. You clearly don’t understand the level of insane that the Imperial Navy operates at.

Also this is the empire thay green lit this thing
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Century_tank

And I think they start correcting on some of that as the Galaxy starts slipping from their grasp and fighting intensifies.

Also, for the most part, it seems the Empire and other powers rely on their own fighter screens to ensure the safety of their fleets.

Plus in a lot of cases, their regular armament counted as point defense weapons as they had so much of it.

Well that makes sense from a certain perspective:

> In an attempt to break into new markets, the century tank was conceived as a relatively inexpensive to produce and purchase compact assault vehicle (CAV). Its use of recycled components and designs helped cut costs and training time.

I think there comes a point in the Empire where they start making Tank Droids as trained tank and walker pilots become difficult to procure.

Reposting in hope of advice on how to git gud

>t. pussy

The Empire also had at least one anti-fighter ship in their arsenal too didn't they?

I think it shows up in Empire At War.

Anybody have any art of Rebel pilots? I need some for a starfighter-centric game I'm getting ready to run.

I'd also appreciate any sugestions for allied/enemy NPC pilots.

>talking with GM about potentially joining group fir Sith-side campaign
>no sexual violence allowed
>no cruelty to animals
>no hate (hatred of alients is an allusion to hatred of african americans)
>cant be a murderhobo

What do?

Use these.

>no rape, animal cruelty, racism or being a lame player
You really cant think of how to be a sith with those restrictions?

Well the clone emperor did have swarms of TIE droids

Anyone have a scan for the genesys book? I've yet to see any info on it at all so I'm a bit afraid to pick it up.

ARE YOU LIMITING MY POWER BRO

No, just your power level.

Waifu

Literally no Sith we see on-screen are any of these things. Model yourself after one of them if you're that lost for inspiration.

what do you mean no hate? You mean speciesism or or at all?

Yeah, the Shadow Droids were neat.

They were also economical to a degree as they made use of the brain of a critically injured Imperial fighter pilot.

I'm curious though, did they cause fear like the Sith Battle Meditation could ?

Ok, so i am working on my b1 for am upcoming AoR campaign and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas about why a b1 would have a heuristic processor?

Now, i was thinking that it could be that i was damaged in a fought closer to the end of the cis and it was cheaper or easier to repair my damaged processor with the heuristic one then the war ended. Anyone have any other good ideas?

NO SPECIEISM, YOU FUCKING NAZI

In all seriousness, speciesism is a Dark Side staple. The Empire was famously humanocentric. Most of those guidelines are fine but the "hurr racism against fictional aliens is like racism in real life" shit is just dumb.

The galactic empire wasn't a /sith empire/ it just happened to have an emperor who was sith, and palps wasn't even racist/species-ist. Most of the really famous Sith weren't the same race as their masters/apprentices.

I don't feel like the stipulations are that bad, minus the racism thing. But I would feel like I would be walking on egg shells with a GM that cares so much about such things and I would hate it.

>Most of the really famous Sith weren't the same race as their masters/apprentices.

Sith apprentices usually kill their masters...

Sure, but not for reasons related to bigotry.

Well let's be honest here, even the Mon Calimari, supposedly the best ship builders in the galaxy, still haven't figured out that putting your bridge somewhere where anyone could shoot it and decapitate the ship is a bad idea.

How the hell does lightside/darkside stuff work?

like if a force user uses darkside points they start to be evil or what?

Some zany outlaw tech found your damaged husk years after the Clone Wars and slapped the processor in there. Then he left you or died, idk.

They accumulate Conflict, which changes the relative chances of your probability going down instead of up.

No I was talking of this
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/D_automated_starfighter

I thought that was something they corrected later in the MC-80B, MC-90, Mediators and Viscounts?

Depends on the era. That didn't really start until the rule of two was established.

I know, but it was a funny thought.

In truth racism is more just one possible tool in the dun moch arsenal, a means of sowing discord amongst your opponents.

Before the rule of two apprentices were too busy killing each other.

>Wampa piloting a TIE
you mean this glorious request that was filled a year ago?

Aren't most on screen Sith like... super about order and centralized authority?

Wonder what a Sith that was all about freedom would be like, someone who aims to break all the chains that hold a civilization together.

I mean in terms of efficiency, the Sun Crusher can destroy entire solar systems and is invincible.
So, that's pretty sensible from a 'fuck everyone else' perspective.

I think their idea of "correcting" that problem just meant that they didn't put them on a pylon jutting half a kilometer from the rest of the hull.

Yea, not a bad one. I think I like it a little bit more than my own. It has less time i need to account for.

Often two weaker ones teaming up to kill a stronger one, and that's just plain counterintuitive. By the time Bane took over the Sith were just shadows of what they once were.

Those were neat too.

Just a shame the Empire couldn't increase their combat effectiveness.

Though Droid starfighters have never been all that effective except in large numbers.

Though really that is how the Empire should be using them isn't it, given they have an inexhaustible supply of them once the Devastators start their sinister work?

>Droid starfighters have never been all that effective except in large numbers.
Neither were TIEs in general.

Have a passion for destroying anything of relevance to the Jedi, or corrupting it. Alternatively, be obsessed with the forms of lightsaber dueling, collecting all texts and holocrons so that you may perfect them and create your own form. Corrupt younglings, feed the fears of those unsure about the Jedi. Seek power, seek eternity, feed the bottomless pit of greed that gnaws away at your chest, never satiating it, but making it more wild. Take the cliché, make it your own

she is very cute, good get

i claim this waifu

I claim this one

World Don's, but don't forget the Galaxy Gun which provided total devastation with maximum precision using hyperdrive capable warheads that could destroy entire bases from the safety of the galactic core.

>"You know Luke, with the power of the force comes the power of responsibility. The Jedi Order called it "The Human's Responsibility." Myself, I call it as I see it: the responsibility of the master to discipline the servant."
>Ben Kenobi looks directly at the camera
>"The Sand People, the Neimoidians, the Gungans...it's our responsibility to civilize them. And if we can't? Then they shall hang from Cloud City. The Day of the Lightsaber is near, Luke. We'll have every alien on this planet dead or in chains in 10 years, and may I become one with thr Force this very day if I'm wrong. May the Force be with the Empire."

I remember watching this scene back in 1977 as a boy, it felt like Ben Kenobi was talking right to me. Lucas was on another level with A New Hope.

my goota, it has been oota'd.

I just thought of another: target young padawans that you sense frustration in. Make them see you everywhere, always watching, always fading into the crowds, taunting them. Drive them into striking at “you” a number of times until out of their fervor they realize that the padawan drew their saber on innocent people and have slain a number of them. Influence the weak minded into terror attacks against Jedi and their sympathizers afterwards. Organize protests and riots. Sow the seeds of public outcry from the shadows

>World Don's, but don't forget the Galaxy Gun which provided total devastation with maximum precision using hyperdrive capable warheads that could destroy entire bases from the safety of the galactic core.

On the subject of that, is it me or is Starkiller Base reminiscent of many super weapons from EU?

It feeds on Suns much like the Star Forge.

It fires beams through Hyperspace (or some sub-hyperspace dimension), much like the Galaxy Gun fires it's shots into Hyperspace.

Much like the Galaxy Gun and Centerpoint Station, they may reach out far into the Galaxy across vast distances.

It can wipe out whole systems in one go much like the Sun Crusher.

The weapon is a massive beam, much like those of the Death Stars.

Nah, they're cunts to kill because of the RPS mechanics and are spammed hard. I'd be shocked if anybody didn't hate them

Yeah, I requested that myself a year ago in a drawthread. I need higher-quality art for a card, or it looks tacky.

If you don’t use pic related and give her what she deserves, I will hunt you down like the coward you are.

Claiming a waifu, Mandalorian class.

I think she diedied

She did. One of the greatest crimes of TLJ.

Introduce waifu, then kill her after, like, ten minutes.

She is rlly, cute. Def my favorite cutie of the movies...well, other than young padme natalie portman.

But I think I find her a bit more charming than even Padme. She seems like a spunky waifu that will always be interesting, but also always have your back.

>These are the people that entrust the design and mass fabrication of their fighter craft to Raith “shields are for pussies” Sienaar
not that weird
in real life the zero had everything but the guns, engine, fuel tank, and pilot removed to make the thing go faster
by removing shields, you can buy anothet TIE, and both of them will be faster
sure they die faster, but we have more in the first place

>add qt asian bomberbabe
>kill her
>add qt a-wing pilot
>kill her
>add mommy you want to hatefuck
>kill her
>add gross fatty fangirl asian
>don't kill her
>cuck all the FinnxPoe and FinnxRey shippers in one move

Is this a realistic backstory for a Colonist Doctor with rolling the witness protection backstory on the obligation chart? Trying to not say something lore unfriendly or something:

Went to school for medicine as a young adult on her home planet of Corellia. Spent the next few years operating a small clinic, working at-cost as a physician and surgeon in impoverished areas. She was content doing this, until one night a patient with a blaster shot wound showed up on her doorstep. Not too unusual, so she treated him normally. When he awoke, he was scared and insisted time was short and to bring him to CorSec because he had evidence against a crime boss. The blaster wound was an attempt on his life. Seeing an opportunity to potentially help people more than one patient at a time, by helping stop a violent crime boss, she got involved. A couple months and a hefty investigation and court proceeding later, it turns out the local petty crime boss actually answered to the Black Sun, and things were much deeper than anyone guessed. As a result of the Black Sun's policy regarding snitches, as well as their considerable ability to enforce such policy, she finds herself relocated to [planet] for her safety as part of CorSec's witness protection program.

Now, Black Sun wants her dead. Not the highest of priorities for them, since it was a relatively minor operation she helped disrupt, but that gets a blaster in the back all the same, should the opportunity present itself. On principal, they would say.

The impetus for a lot of Japanese design was not that they were faster or cheaper, but that their main strategy in defeating a numerically superior enemy (the US) was through what they terms "outranging the enemy."

Almost all their aircraft were extremely lightweight, with the benefit being that they could strike from a much farther distance than their enemy counterparts. This made all their planes flying deathtraps, but was a reasonably sound strategy that would have worked early-war.

Unfortunately, by the time they actually got into a tactical situation that utilized such a strategy (Battle of the Philippine Sea), the U.S. not only had numerical and technical superiority in their craft and weaponry, but they had much better air defense systems that made it almost impossible for Japanese aircraft to make it through the strike.

This idea of "outranging" also pervaded their battleship construction, with the Yamato-class battleship being the prime example. When the U.S. came out with its various Vinson acts that expanded the navy in the 1930's, the Japanese shifted to such a strategy, opting for quality over quantity. The idea being that even if the U.S. had more battleships, the Yamato's had better range and firepower and could take multiple opponents on. This climactic clash would of course follow a campaign of attrition as the U.S. fleet traveled across the Pacific.

Unfortunately for Japan's "quality" strategy, they never actually had a qualitative advantage, which the U.S. technical survey's reports after the war largely attest to. The Yamato was a paper tiger and probably would have been sunk with equal or better probability any of the modern U.S. fast battleships.

Wow, I really went on a tangent. Sorry, user.

Seems fine to me.

>go faster
And, more importantly, go farther. The zero was the longest range single engine fighter of the war. It's really a shame TIE's didn't have no shield generators because it was to make room for their hyperdrives, it would've made the pottery better.

T H I C C
I
C
C

>Star Wars Related.

I've got a Star Wars related question:

Did the empire recruit or otherwise use any force-sensitive people? I understand why they went around killing the Jedi, but surely they didn't just kill EVERYONE who was force-sensitive or a force user, did they?

I'm just kind of wondering why the empire doesn't actively have some kind of force using division, not necessarily more Sith, but just a few guys here and there to float some rocks and make people do things.

>add mommy you want to hatefuck
Are you talking about Holdo?

Kill yourselves fudgefuckers!

Are you telling me you wouldn't?

>I'm just kind of wondering why the empire doesn't actively have some kind of force using division
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inquisitorius

It does now and it did before.

Except in nu-canon the entire inquisitor branch was destroyed before ANH so that it would make sense when Tarkin tells Vader he is the last of his religion.

It did anyway. Inquisitors aren't Sith.

The religion line is referring to the Jedi, and thus still technically true.

I never said that, just wanted to make sure we're on the same page

When we inevitably get a Post RotJ cartoon I better see Luke get to be a badass after getting cucked in TLJ just as I predicted.

>cartoon
You're probably only going to get a book and a comic or two.

What makes you say that? Filoni all but confirmed his next show will be set after RotJ.

Every MC from here on out has to be female, of color, or both. Luke will never be a main character again.

So Legion is totally going to have Leia and Alderaani guard instead of the snowtroopers everybody thinks right? I'd get a kick out of that surprise.

>instead of the snowtroopers
But they've already shown the snow troopers?

I mean the alliance snow troopers. Not sure what else to call them besides maybe echo base soldiers.

Even if that was true that doesn't mean you still can't get a scene of post RotJ Luke kicking ass.

Who here hype for legion? I need to clear my current hobby projects off the good ol' desk first but I plan on buying in.

I sincerely doubt Star Wars will ever have a white male protagonist again.

Very hype, especially for rpg potential.

IN THE NEXT ADVENTURE…

To leave Tatooine, PCs must get forged credentials from a shifty Sullustan who won't take credits—he wants a Krayt dragon head instead...

Alright, I know this might cause a shitstorm, but imo the Tico sisters are more attractive than Tallie, and no that’s not fetishizing them because of their race. Rose’s biggest flaw is her hairstyle, change it up and she’s a qt mechanic babe. Now if Tallie was played by Amy Adams and was basically Amelia Earhart in space, my god my dick would be D I A M O N D S

>turns out they are from a tribe that uses krayt heads as a form of currency

Download Tabletop Simulator, get the X-wing module, and practice on the PC.