/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
There are two torso mounted gauss rifles here, honest, edition. Now lookit the pretty snoooow!

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-12-28 - Still getting worked on & now has 21476 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2018-01-02!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_279
youtube.com/watch?v=VPIP9KXdmO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That sounds amazing

I might be alone in saying this, but I actually prefer the Stone Rhino 2's look to the Stone Rhino 1. Something about the funny hands and structure of the torso appeals to me.

Using retcon homeworld secondline names already lets us know how terrible your taste is. You don't need to give us more information.

Those ones are fine and are from not long after the original TR. Now if you want to talk about shit like the Ebon Jaguar and Mongrel then sure.

What would you do to make this mech? and what would its name be

>Just wanted the world to have something cool to it from a lore point. Would two or three be more believable if they were all lights and at least one had no ammo left?

Well, thats the problem. Per lore, this world should have fuckall for military production with even a basic Quicksell factory making it a "major" world in the periphery. So instead- do whats fun. For instance, I'm making my own periphery campaign for the old RWR worlds around 3065, and I have fuel-cell powered 'mechs wielding clubs and rocket launcher packs driven by slaves. They have booby traps too!

So yeah, remember rule 1 of BT: "If it works for your game..."

Snub nose PPC and large Pulse, two medium lasers in the torso, MML with two tons of ammo, retractable blade on a 65 ton chassis.

Call it the Renalds

I wanted to make it as an IndustrialMech because that looks like something militarised but not military. Wouldn't work because it also looks like a medium. Compromises had to be made.

Paint cut off the locations.

I made a DA Vengeance Inc/10 medium out of it.

IDF area effect missiles may have made this Hunchback too hardcore.

>Thunderbolt-20
muh dick

What is your favorite tracked vehicle anons? And I know the whole game is about Mechs but I just love the tanks and tank designs from Battletech.

The Mars. One of the only Clan things that I really enjoy.

I have so many. The vedette, the LRM carrier, the manticore, and Alacorn just from grogtech. Special award goes to the Oro for being a clan vee that is both useable and not hideous, and pixiu for being an absolute shitter with it's quirks.

This artist do some nice power armors arts or awesome bio-type Guyver-style armors but his mechs ones kinda off...

I'm told there's a ruleset for playing Battletech like a miniatures game, with a tape measure and line of sight and all. Not Alpha Strike, just adapting standard battletech to that. Anyone know which book I should look in, assuming it exists?

Is there anything a Hunchback can't do?

You literally just convert hexes to inches and turn MP to 60 degrees.

And you check line of sight with laser pointers or 40k-style TLOS, right?

Stand up straight?

Canon? The Po. Simple, rugged, reliable, cheap. I have a few customs I'm sweet on but of course I am; I made them.

However you want. Most people use laser pointers though for convenience.

>Stand up straight?
delet

>Anyone know which book I should look in, assuming it exists?

The Battletech Master Rules (Revised) has miniatures rules beginning on page 96.

Plog set out to hide a huehuehuehue robot face somewhere in each tank in that TR.

There's a whole book called Miniature Rules. The rules are also in the new core rule books.

That untraversable hull gun though

The thing that always gets me about the Mars is the fact that it has the two wide-set sets of treads; where does the goddamn crew sit? In the little 'hallway' running up the middle/the turret? Is it just way taller than it looks?

It's a 100 ton combat vehicle, it's likely more than tall enough to have plenty of crew space in that slitbox on the front.

Someone post the Jihad bomb vans, they're 100 tons and have people standing near them to show the scale of a 100 ton vehicle.

Well given that the Abrams is ~65 tons, square-cube says the Mars wouldn't be dimensionally that much bigger. Maybe a meter longer by half a meter wider and taller at most. So it still seems cramped.

Square-cube law does not, has not, and never will apply to Battletech machinery.

Battletech stuff is ridiculously lighter than modern materials.

If you mean the Buffalo drone bomb, that's from the Succession Wars. It's also important to note that vehicles and scale are weird as shit. As a 100 ton hover the BDB is a large support vehicle, which means it's literally bigger than normal vehicles, with additional hit locations (front and rear sides) as well as being two levels tall and with a to-hit bonus when shooting at it just because it's big. But a tracked vehicle doesn't become large until it exceeds 100 tons because reasons. Superheavy combat vehicles being the same as alrge support vehicles.

And that's not even getting into shit like combat vehicles having arbitrary crew counts based on size, you could make a 100 ton tank with a single turreted gauss rifle and it will have 7 crew members because fuck you. And then you get into the whole cargo capacity being solely determined by weight and you get the clown car infantry carriers.

Yeah, that's true, but still. It bugs me. Fucking autism.

I do wish more BT tanks had the conventional MBT silhouette though. I dunno why but the crazy monstrosities that alot of them are, especially the Clan vees, just rub me the wrong way.

Mostly because they had a shit ton of stuff with conventional silhouette already and want some things to look different. Some random dude generally won't tell the difference between a pike, schrek and alacorn on the table without being told.

Gotta remember BT's heart and soul is pulp sci-fi. They're like vehicles like from old movies or toys and later things like GI Joe.

>What is your favorite tracked vehicle anons?
"OH SHIT".
-Every Mechwarrior ever, on turning a corner to see a Demolisher.

Honorable mention goes to the HLRMC (which is an utter beast). My favorite vees, though, are the LLRMC/Stryker and the Chevalier. Just love those little shits. The Partisan has saved my bacon more than once but it's a little iffy on the design department.

very true.

Also true. Battletech is nothing if not the 80s personified. Honestly the look of a lot of the combat vees bothering me is pretty much the limit of my 'tism. Some of the weird shit has a charm to it though.

Also note, those are supply trucks, that tend to be bit bigger than actual combat vehicles, the trap decribed in their fluff worked because the Mech Company thought they had trapped an enemy supply column.

Nah dude I totally agree - the hands are pretty cool.

>Hating on the Ebon Jaguar

Bitch please

I know it is horrfically outdated, but the Tiger. Such a cool look to it.

Best tank i ever ran in the 3025 server was a manticore, mainly because it kept headcapping people in the first round and people raged quit on me.

>Those ones are fine and are from not long after the original TR.
They're actually in the original TRO.

It shares half it's name with the Ebon Magistrate, therefore it's fetish-fuel Mary Sue shit.

I can not state how fun the Ebon Jaguar C is. Probably one of the most fun mechs i have ran

>large vehicles are somehow easier to hit than mechs

sure, that makes sense

IMHO even as a Clannaboo (I am a Green Birbs fan), I prefer the name Cauldron Born over Ebon Jaguar.

It's a good design with a retarded, retconned Clan name.

Like, we unironically have several novels with Smoke Jaguars referring to it as a Cauldron-Born, and then CGL is like "Can't have that, retcon the name!"

I also personally don't like Ebon X for Clan names due to the link to the Wolverines. Ebon Magistrate is about all I can tolerate there, I think with the level of hate they have for the not-named anything else would be off the table. Just call things Black X instead.

I'm sorry you caught the mech gay. My condolences to your family.

Canon? Schrek.
Non-canon? A Schrek I made by replacing two PPCs with LB-10Xs and a mess of armor, making it, I think, twice as durable and pretty nasty. I think it's on the booru or somehting.

Partisan. Love the fluff about linking the tanks together and controlling them from a single point; feels very high-tech for the Succession Wars era.

Is there a copy in the op?

Cursory search didn't turn it up?

It probably is, but you don't really need it.
As mentioned the rules are in numerous books, StratOps most recently, but also BT Master Rules, and the BT Compendium.

I like the Moltke. It's a shame it wasn't developed earlier.

meh, it's a blatantly retconned name but anything is better than another Irish/Scottish/Celtic name for something in BT.

This is why you don't feed wolfhounds steroids.

If I want to use Unseen, I'm going to want TRO 3025 right? Not 3039 or Succession Wars?

Primatily, yes, but there are some unseen in the old 3055 TRO as well such as the Victor Musical Industries designs.

>If I want to use Unseen, I'm going to want TRO 3025 right? Not 3039 or Succession Wars?

If you have an earlier, pre-Harmony Gold version of 3025, they're in there. The readouts for the Unseen are in 3039, but there are no *pictures*.

3025 had the OG pictures. 3039 just has blanks for the unseen but the stats are the same. SW is just a reprint of a bunch of shit jumbled together but includes a couple of actual redone 3025 shimmyseen like the Thud and the Battlemaster. Stats and record sheets are the same across the board.

What a lot of new people don't get is that the "Reseen" are 3060's models and the old boys were never actually replaced with anything until more recently with the Shimmyseen.

Also the original TRO 3050 has all the Unseen Invasion Upgrades. There's even some other unseen upgrades hidden in places right up through the Jihad.

Depending on what version of 3025 you get they may not even be in it.

You definitely want 3039 or SW. Those mightn't have the art but they do have the stats.

All three editions of TRO 3025 have them. You're thinking of TRO 3025 Revised, which should have every copy burned.

How the hell are missiles loaded into that thing?

Worked on it, new WoB Level II:

>CHP-1N Champion
>TYM-1A Toyama
>GRN-D-01 Grand Crusader
>ALB-3U Albatross
>VTR-9K Victor
>MAD-5D Marauder

It's for a game set in the Chaos March in the early 3060s. Rate?

They are stored in K-F space and translated in as necessary. It's not even the worst tank, the Mars Assault Vehicle posted earlier in the thread is supposed to be able to reload its missile deck eight times. BT just does not give a fuck about internal dimensions.

>Champion

Eww. I'd go a Buccaneer or Raijin instead. If you really need something with an LB-10X in that region for tonnage use a Centurion instead, at least they're faster.

I was trying to have a token Star League era legacy machine.
Admittedly I've never used the Champion before.

It's really, really bad. If you want an SL heavy I'd go for the Black Knight, Flashman, or even shi-tastic Lancelot first. Or you could drop down for a Crab instead.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_279
ask the soviets.

If he's rolling eraly 3060s woB he could always roll a Champion 3N or 3P. Still not the greatest thing, but a lot better than the 1N.

That's got just 1 crew member in the hull. The rest are in the turret. There's no room in the Mars turret for crew (or loading mechanisms). It does look like it has a windshield in the hull under the turret, but that raises more than a few questions about size.

What is that?

Huh. Never realized how much that looks like a Daishi before.

Were there only three printings? I'd heard there were more.

How do you feel about Emperors?

Again, best not to think to hard. Remember BT always has issues with scale anyway. Look at this fucking huge Po.

Emperors are aight. And it would let the Grand Crusader have somebody to hang out with since it's the slowpoke otherwise.

>Look at this fucking huge Po.
Fucking Capellans must've stuck stealth armor on it, let's try that again.

Oh the irony.

Can't help but seeing ST Mobile Infantry on these dudes!

Which Successor State has the best field rations?

Jokes aside I'd wonder if it isn't the Capellans since they have to punch above their weight so often and can't afford to lose any soldiers.

Printings and editions are different. 3025 had two editions (3025 and 3025 Revised). But there were many printings of each edition (more of the first than the second). You'd see some variance between printings, but ultimately each printing would give you the same base edition.

Porbably the Taurians before the Split, they were all about infantry, devotion etc.

>Can't help but seeing ST Mobile Infantry on these dudes!

Were you ... reading my mind?

Taurian soldiers at chow in the field:
youtube.com/watch?v=VPIP9KXdmO0

I would say Davion, as I would expect them to have Hershey bars in their MREs.

Clearly the other guys kept more than their share of the loot and are getting punished for it

>Hershey bars
Those are made with expired milk, man. I can't eat that shit anymore after I found that out.

Capellans are just too poor I'd say.

I'd argue FWL actually. Because each state is so independent, they'd probably grouse about there being some sort of standardized field ration, so each state would have its own - with less mass standardization, the field rations would be more expensive, but its more likely you'd get something fresh or decent.

Heck, I imagine making the best field rations is probably a source of competition.

That's just what ths Dracs want you to believe! Davion cows are as busty as their women, so fresh milk and plenteous at that!

Makes sense.

You're all fools. It's clearly the Canopians.

Who better to make tasty sandwiches for their troops than a bunch of women?

Their troops ARE the bunch of women. They'd have men making the sandwiches. Or rather, not making the sandwiches.

That's some toxic misogyny you've got there, friendo.

I can't help this.

>>wolfhounds
>torso cockpit
>ballistics

What the hell is this image
Clans and Houses living together? Is that an FRR flag?
Mass hysteria.

>ywn get an Anubis headed Wolfhound that isn't goofy looking
Feels bad.

Checked. It's the cover to Field Manual: Updates, so it's supposed to be all the factions.

>tfw the Anubis doesn't have an Anubis-style head.

Is pinup art on mechs a thing like it was on WW2 bombers?