Weeb TCG General #8

A thread for CCGs other than Magic the Gathering.

Yu-Gi-Oh!
>Veeky Forums has its own YGO general thread (/dng/), with plenty of room in the OP for all of the available YGO resources

Cardfight!! Vanguard
>Official CFV card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/cardsearch
>CFV major tournament decklists:
International: cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: cf-vanguard.com/deckrecipe/
>CFV news source:
cardfightcoalition.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/cf-area

Force of Will
>Official Site
fowtcg.com/
>Card Database
db.fowtcg.us/

Future Card Buddyfight
>Official BF card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/list/
>BF major tournament decklists:
International: fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: fc-buddyfight.com/cardlist/deckrecipe/
>BF news source:
buddyspoiler.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/buddyfighten

Dragon Ball Super
>Official website (Card List/Search, Rules, FAQ, Errata, Tournament Rules, Card Rulings, etc.):
dbs-cardgame.com
>Free tutorial/demo app
dbs-cardgame.com/application/
>Play online through OCTGN and Tabletop Simulator
reddit.com/r/DBS_CardGame/wiki/index#wiki_online

Wixoss
>Free, fanmade browser-based online simulator:
webxoss.com/

Weiss Schwarz
>Full card database and translations:
heartofthecards.com/code/cardlist.html?pagetype=ws

Thread question: How did you get into your Weeb TCG(s)? What keeps you going?

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

forceorigins.wordpress.com/competitive-deck-lists-l0-r2/
cardfightcoalition.com/monthly-bushiroad-february-2018/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Scharhrot is best onstride

More like best Onahole

I bought into FoW because it didn't have any of MTG's bullshit (Mainly prices) and have been enjoying it since. I love the quality of the card material itself, and how everything is full art. It makes me not want to sleeve them.

I got into Buddyfight because, much like Ash, my card game collections vanish every time I move to a new location.

I wanted to find new things that interested me since my interest in MtG was dying. Ended up liking FoW, but the community died 1-2 months before I was able to play with them. Regardless I might try and stick with CfV or FFTCG.

Quick everyone whats your favorite card art?
I bought the mat/sleeves/highest rarity(overpaid like crazy since it was release) of this motherfucker because the art is so damn hardcore.
Too bad the new art looks awkward as hell

>YGO: Sacred Serpent's Wake or Black & White Wave
>CFV: Interdimensional Dragon, Ragnaclock Dragon
>FCBF: Apocalypse Knight Brigade, Pale Riders
>FoW: Blazing Metropolis, Vell-Savaria
>Wixoss: L0 Eldora
>MtG: Equinox

MtG and YGO: all the earliest sets for both have kind of a "grungy" thing going on that I really like. So ,I guess mtg pre-fourth edition and ygo pre-Pharaoh's Servant.

I can definetly see where youre coming from.
They were truly a product of their times.

Anyone ever managed to get freebies because you're the only customer for a dead game?

Nope.I've never got more than i ordered for cards.In fact usually i'm missing stuff that i ordered and have to complain.

Eurotime best time.
Reminder the MUTT eternal is behind the Ayu spike.

Competitive Deck Lists for Force of Will New Frontiers:
forceorigins.wordpress.com/competitive-deck-lists-l0-r2/

>TFW had never noticed the very sad porter with all of Shaela's Souvenirs before.

It's great.

In Vanguard, if a card is retired and then bound, can I activate "when retired" effects immediately before the bind? For example:
>Skeleton Cannoneer and Night Fog Nightrose on field
>Vanquisher "SPARKING" targets it with stride skill
>Use Nightrose's GB2 to immediately mill 2, recall Cannoneer, and use Canonneer's on call CB1 to retire and draw 1

Are there any cards that fuck with the opponent's LRIG deck?

I don't believe so. Leveling is so central to gameplay that anything that messes around with it would probably break the game in half, and given the limited number of arts each deck has, hitting those is pretty harsh as well. About the closest they're likely to get is Lock You, which increases art costs by 3 for one turn.

>They put the Gaijin 4Koma meme into a card
Dammit Bushiroad

No since the effect has to resolve first before another can activate, by the time you can activate Nightrose's GB2 effect the Cannoneer is already in the Bind Zone

If going blind into a game without knowledge of existing deckbuilds, is it the best to build a deck to cockblock the opponent's actions?

That seems like the worst possible approach. The best decks to play if you're new to a game are usually the aggressive decks. With more controlling decks, it's easy to lose due to a lack of knowledge (I should have countered X, why did I waste a spell on Y when it's a brick against my deck, how the fuck do I play around Z). Aggro decks require less knowledge about the game meta, as a big part of the decks is trying to goldfish a win while your opponent is still setting up and has minimal resources to dedicate to interacting.

The answer is always Barrier Stun

Unless there's some mystical deck that just prevents your opponent from literally playing the game at all, playing control without knowing what is and isn't an important play is just setting yourself up to lose.

Myboy foxy is still top tier.

Barrier Stun

cardfightcoalition.com/monthly-bushiroad-february-2018/

More Blau support.

Nice. Gonna look at it later.

I got some free Kaijudo promos when it died.

I want Satsuki.

Too bad the battleship has only one good version

Even Barrier Stun can fuck you up, since some decks can play outs to a specific Barrier (though wasting a Kaiju on a mere 1000/1000 lvl 4 seems so shit of a play)

Simple is best, so go for stuff like beatdown decks to learn the game. No point having negates on the field if you let them get baited out and fuck yourself up. Also depends on which game you're talking about too. YGO? Learn what to negate first. CFV? Control decks are more lenient to pilot there since locking/removing units is important in a game where board presence is usually king etc.

Never fucking waste Ash Blossom on Pot of Desires unless you're in a winning position. Resolving Pot of Desires doesn't guarantee your opponent will draw something good.

Gaijin 4Koma is eternal, user.

Cubics are the most anime feeling deck I've ever played. I absolutely love it.

Looks like i aint finishing my blaudeck ever.
Also i dont know whether to use kabutron or vichead. Like the head gives more defense power but with kabutron you can kill a fucker on the first stride

OK, FoWanons, a shop near me is liquidating stock of FoW -- packs are 3 for $5 so I can have a little fun with them, but boxes are $70. They have Alice Cluster and the first two sets of Lapis, what do I go for and what do I avoid?

buy
E V E R Y T H I N G

Buy the FUCK out of Legacy Lost (Lapis 2). Those boxes seem pretty rare online, probably because Lumia and Fox are in that set.

That said I don't actually know how well they're selling with the recent official bans. Fox is still a competitive deck, I know that. Also Faria might be fun with that new addition in ADK that limits everyone to one spell a turn.

The new Blau cards aren't going to be expensive. Just finish it.

Remember that the extra card Vichead gives you can be important if you are playing against a deck like Kagero. But I guess if you can win on your first stride more consistently thanks to Kabutron it's probably worth it. NG can't stand long games anyway

Yeah, I already got one LL (and their only RDE, they had quite a few Legacy Lost) and was considering a second. Was considering Curse of the Frozen Casket to get a supply of dual stones.

Best way to get dual stones is to buy Vingolf 2. It generally goes for pretty cheap because the majority of cards in it are awful and out of NF, but it has half a playset of each dual stone.

I managed to snag two copies (for a full playset of dual stones) for $20 because my LGS was just desperate to get rid of them. That actually turned out cheaper than it would have to buy a playset of each on TCGplayer.

Buying the new blau cards will jsut remind me how far blaus fallen outta the limelight. Also lets face it, it probably wont be fun as victor unless the new stride does some crazy ass shit

Yeah but it looks cool and it's cheap. I would get it if I didn't already have Raizer.

Interesting strategy. What's the break point on that, do you think?

Should I buy a box of LVL Up! Heroes & Adventurers? There isn't anyone to play Buddyfight here and I feel like buying a box.

I took a break between set X-BT01 and restarted collecting after X-BT04. They just had to release her in a set I've missed. I'd love to be able to get a box. All I've scavenged are a couple of boosters from that set.

>raizer
Thats the only nova archetype i skipped. Hows that raizer stride doing for you?

Man you scared me for a second. I thought I had missed a reveal.

Might be fun to play Raizer if the Star Gate Ultimate Stride is good, though.

You forgot Ani-Mayhem, again.

FOOOTBAAAWL

About to order in the cards for my cubic deck. Very excited.

Im sorry for getting your hopes up, i really am but bushi did tge same woth me for blau and beast diety.

And we will probably find out tonight

Is anyone around available to beat the living shit out of me in Webxoss?

Quick post your favorite yugioh card. Pic related is mine.

Well the duals will cost 4-8$ a playset, and there are 10 duals. Buying 2 boxes of VIN2 at less than 20$ each will mean you will save money. Plus you get some Valkyrie Chronicle themed cards you can play around with

>super-powered demons, ogres, giants, and robots jacked up on steroids who use their power not for evil and world domination, but for absolutely wrecking faggots on the football field
>succubus cheerleaders
>very aggressive deck in the early turns that have giant flashy finishes chaining attacks together.
>C R U S H R U S H
I've been all in on this clan from day 1.

Yeah, I played the old Siegfried deck back in 2011-12. Mostly because no one else had interest so the cards were stupid cheap.

Kept up with them till shortly after Bad End Dragger came out, then the scene here died and I dropped the game for all of legion and early parts of G. Been a flare up over the last year, so I've gotten my SB deck back up and running.

So what's going to happen?
1.It dies swiftly because it's clearly a tie in with no real longevity
2.It becomes popular and makes to the US where it dies swiftly
3.They actually have a secret plan to keep this game running for a while and it becomes a mega hit everywhere.
4.This is a fake image

They are gonna make 2 or 3 sets to make a quick buck and then it's gonna die off. Evangelion just isn't good material for a card game.

Isn't Weiss Schwartz's whole thing making sets based on popular shows which can't support a whole card game? Isn't WS's other whole thing having a bunch of waifu cards? Shoulda done that.

There is a Japan only WS set in Japan.
They're just going full retard

Anyone here speak warcrime?

Yeah, exactly. Evangelion already had a set in weiss a long time ago but I'm sure people would love a new version.

Using the power of Google Translate and some tweaking
>What is Evangelion Battle Links?
>A new sense card game that clears the conditions written on the "Mission Card" that reproduces various named scenes!
>To clear the conditions written on the mission card, various obstacles such as disturbance from the opponent and the appearance of the Angels will be awaited, but overcome them and complete your own Evangelion world!
>Victory Conditions: The player who resolves 5 Mission Cards wins / You lose if you have 0 cards left in your deck
>Preparing the Deck: A deck consists of 40 cards / Up to 3 cards of the same name / Must include 5 Mission cards / Must include 3 Impact cards
>Field Arrangement: (From Left to Right, Top to Bottom) Mission / Deck / Character / Discard / Impact / Gauge
And that covers, Page 1

more proof buddyfight is the game of champions

ok explain this game to me, i want o know the history behind it and combos

Onto page 2
>Card Types and Descriptions
>Character
>Cost / Card Name / Synchronization rate / AP/DP (Attack Points and Defense Points maybe?) / Characteristics
>The main card of this game. Let's complete the mission using characters!
>Event
>It is a powerful card when fully used!
>Impact
>If used from the Impact Area, it is an ultra powerful trump card that can be played without paying the cost if all the conditions are met!
>Mission
>Disturbance Correction = MP (Mission Points)
>It is a card that becomes the core of the greatest feature of this game that will be the victory condition!

And now page 3
>Rough Game Flow
>Start of Turn
>Main Phase 1: One card can be added to the gauge. Using gauge, you can put characters in play and use events. / You can return a character in the discard area to your hand after paying the cost.
>Mission Phase: By making use of various cards, I will aim to clear the mission by breaking through the disturbances of the opponent / If you clear 5 missions, you will be victorious
>Main Phase 2: It is the same as Main Phase 1
>End of Turn

>There is a Japan only WS set in Japan.
That's nothing new.

And now the last bit of page 3
>BOX Benefits
>As a booster BOX purchase privilege, original sleeves (20 piece set) with newly drawn illustration are bundled with the booster box! / Original Sleeve
>Applicant's Present!
>For 3 consecutive months by lottery 10 people each month for a total of 30 people / Original Card made from pure gold! Enter serial number / 99.99% Pure Gold
>To all applicants / Even those who are regrettably not drawn in the lottery, will receive a new card (postcard size) using a newly drawn illustration! / Original Card POST CARD SIZE
>On Sale February 2nd, 2018
>Starter deck 1,500 yen (excluding tax)
>1 Prebuilt Deck / 23 different cards (48 total) / 5 foil cards / 1 play sheet
>Booster Pack Vol.1 330 yen (excluding tax)
>8 cards per pack / 20 packs per Box / 93 different cards + 4 parallel cards
So I guess a deck is actually 48 cards, 40 character/event cards + 5 missions + 3 impacts.

At least the mission cards definitely seem like the game won't be super generic

You have a party of Charcters, you move around a field of Locations, fighting Disaster, and retrieving Items. Came out in '96 with poorly written rules, two expansions and attempted rules corrections followed. Few real combos in the printed cards. Many great sets of "fun cards".

>Iona 5 vs. Iona 5
I could've almost blown the match because I paid two blacks one white for a Fuck You instead of one black two whites, which locked me out of the possibility to cast Dark Matter on the defence in case I failed the attack. But I won anyway because he wasn't running servants in the deck and he was himself cucked from using Dark Matter because of not enough black ener.

it sounds fun but why did it die off? would have been a prototype weiss. did anyone even play this?

Like the other user said. The rules were really poorly written so it was hard to explain to players, hard to get new players into and had a very heavy 90s anime aesthetic that was hard to pitch at the time.

Man, that looks like it was a pretty intense game. That's one thing I really love about Wixoss, though, it's very rare you get a one-sided blowout, and even matches where it's clear you were outplayed, you can find a few mistakes you made that might have shifted the outcome. It feels good when you win, and it feels close when you lose, and yet somehow it never really feels like it came down to pure luck. That to me is some of the highest praise I can give a game.

Checking out the game some, how's the Carnival stuff? Only thing that really catches my eye since I enjoy circus themes.

>activate Hanayo's action twice in the same turn in order to get enough cards in the trash for the -8000
Though it was only a safety net, since he couldn't cast any art and the assassin finished the job. I'm really liking Suikaline.

What are the relevant/decent archetypes in Wixoss?

Star Gate's Zeroth Dragon seems rather pedestrian except it is a minimum -6 for your opponent if he's at 5 damage

Zeroth Dragon of Star Destroy, Stark
Grade 4 / Triple Drive / 25,000+
[Ultimate Stride line of text here]
[AUTO]:[Counter Blast (2)] When this unit is placed on (VC), you may pay the cost. If you do, until end of turn, this unit gets "[CONT](VC):This unit gets drive -2, and it can attack three times. (After attacking, [Stand] it)"

The new Chaos Grade 3's Stride Skill is basically "discard 1 card, Soulcharge 1, and locks an opponent's rearguard" and "Soulblast 1, your opponent choses a hard from his/her hand and call it as a locked card" when you ditch the card to pay the cost to Stride

Stark is pretty bonkers with the new Cosmic Hero support though, since it can easily become three 100k+ attacks before boosts or triggers are added on

Hanayo 2-stop vs Mirurun. What year was this screenshot taken?

I haven't really checked her out past the starter deck, but she's apparently pretty strong. If you want to try her out, go for it (although its worth noting almost none of her stuff is on Webxoss yet, they've fallen pretty behind lately).

There's a pretty basic control to aggro continuum among decks, which tend to follow LRIGs rather than colours. I'm a bit behind, even in relation to Webxoss, which is quite behind, but a few of the bigger archetypes I've run into recently:
Piruluk, a blue LRIG who's one of the most consistently top-tier LRIGs, focuses on hand destruction and card draw, with a small spell sub-theme. She's slow control, aiming to crush the opponent's hand, freeze their attackers, and kill them with LRIG attacks or by forcing through damage once they've run out of defenses.
There's Ulith (and occasionally others like Hanare or Aiyai) that focus on heavy grave recursion, usually centered on Violence Jealousy and charm counters, and backed up by multiple 4-colour miasma, one of the best ARTs in the game. They aim to brickwall your opponent until they run them selves out of resources, usually picking off one or two signi a turn to present some pressure.
And there's usually some flavour of red decks, that aim to win by ignoring the opponent as much as possible and just sticking to hard aggro and ener denial.

Yeah, I noticed there's a bit of a gap in sets on webxoss. So far been trying to find better images of cards and just plugging them into TTS or something.

Gyze's deck revealed in a week

Will it be shadow paladin like it's host, gear chronicle like everyone expects, or something else? Also who's going to become the United Sanctuary apostle now that Kazuma is already taken?

It'll probably just be Kazuma's deck + Ultima to beat Chrono (Chrono's G-Zone turned to dust optional) then steal Drachma from Ibuki before Chrono somehow acquires the final Chronodragon G-Unit

>We still don't know what the new Grade 4 X-Gallop does

At this point it'll either be really good or just end up being a colossal meme just like Cosmic Hero/Gallop/Burst as a whole

I think thats a pretty damn fair effect. Works better for dpopo but this does what its suppose to do as a zr.

what are the top 5 tcgs in japan?
1. mtg
2. ygo
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

>dm
>vg?
>not sure

>MtG
>Big in Japan

While it has a following there, but it is nowhere as big as Yugioh and some others. I have to ponder what went "so wrong" with the English TCG landscape being basically dominated by the so called Big 3 while it is that much more diverse in Asia

Guessing something like
1. MtG
2. YGO
3. CFV
4. Duel Masters
5. Battle Spirits? I dunno

Wouldn't the Pokemon tcg be up there?

Is card cost necessary for TCG game design? How much does it impact game pacing? Consider Yu-Gi-Oh! versus FoW's card cost.

>Trips
You're knocking on the doors of the next card game renaissance if you can figure out that answer. Generally, every card game has costs built in in one form or another. We seem to be stuck in a rut with replenishing resources however.

It's best to look at how other games have handled costs in the past. .hack for example had a much more robust cost system (often relying around spotting cards or properties, even on your opponent's board). I can't think of a game where you literally had no cost to playing a card; explicit or implicit, there's usually something to pay.

Stop shitting up the thread.

Actually, there is Gwent. You don't need to pay costs to play cards. I haven't even seen a card that requires you to pay other cards, but then again I haven't played in months, much at all at that. There is a lot of hand management since you draw most of your cards for the entire game early on, but that's as close to resource as the game gets. Everything else is just value.

>How much does it impact game pacing
When you can kill your opponent on turn 2 because your cards are all free

As far as I know, it's something like
>1. DM
>2. YGO
>3. VG
>4. ?
>5. ?

Are there any decent midrange or tempo decks?