Cu

>Giant Quokka have invaded the land
What do?

Push them to extinction through taking their natural habitat and convincing the populace their hearts are aphrodisiacs.

They all get adopted as the new fad pet.
Decades later there are stray Quokkas raiding bins in allywaysand competing against native cats and foxes for resources in the wild.
The government will try to eradicate them but it'll be ill thought out, costly and not even fully implemented before a successive government yanks the program in favour of saving money, blaming green measures such as that the reason the country is in the shitter all the while trying to hide the fact that one in three companies don't pay a single cent in tax.

In time, native cats and foxes are reduced to such tiny population sizes they can only live in enclosed parklands surrounded by Quokka proof fences run by not-for-profit organisations.

Machine hugs and fun throwers!!

Do they taste good?

Adorable. Find a way to manage their numbers, and then sell them as pets to minor nobility. We'll be rich!

Pet them

I don't want my fantasy setting to be just real life

They only survive irl because they don't have any natural predators where they're native to iirc. So if they invaded anywhere else they'd quickly get hunted to extinction but the local fauna. If not, is the best solution. FPBP

Hug them obviously and praise God for giving us such adorable pets.

Move somewhere else?

Enjoyed this.

>they don't have any natural predators
Cats and foxes both got introduced to the island and efforts to get rid of them are half-arsed at best.
They also used to live near where Perth is now but their already tiny population couldn't handle hungry convicts.

Truth

Pat them. They are practically harmless.

create seven dire-quokkas

Sell tickets

Isn't that just a Kangaroo?

Nice quest, OP.

I tell them to go to

Set the French on them

...is anyone else interested in the fact that a tendency towards bipedalism seemed to be evolving among Australian mammals?

>rodents of unusual size
NOPE

They're marsupials