Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Harakon edition

>Nurgle Focus
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/04/faction-focus-daemons-nurglegw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Painting Video
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Primaris Chaplain Cloak.

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
>Rules and such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>old BL mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>Math-hammer
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XNUXJ8QGtGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fucked up the daily painting vid link but whatever its not actually duncan

Been sitting on my unpainted marines for half a year and I'm about to pull the trigger on Imperial Fists.

Am I making the right decision?

First for feelsenhorn.

have you painted yellow before?

if yes, go for it

if no, got for it but buy some dettol

Name a better primarch. You can't.

I've got some models to test on so that's not the issue.
It's more my crippling indecision that has had me waiting around for half a year.

>imperial sector battle board
Do I buy it?

Ninth for germanic space knights

Sanguinius

It is kind of sad, that one of the coolest chars in 40k is a Tau. To bad Farsight is not that great on the table

youtube.com/watch?v=XNUXJ8QGtGk

his legion is cool he is not.

Looks like a sister of battle to me bud

>Cocked dice industrial district

God damn, if those were the new sister models I'd buy the range.

>not based crimson fists

Already using those colors on my Dark Eldar.

trash

>I share my chosen army with weebs who made/listen to this

You in Aus?

Not judging on that imperial fist novel posted last thread.

Youre welcome

Is it worth though? It looks nice but I'm not sure.

this is the best marine scheme of all time.

>over twice the price of a battle mat
>takes ages to paint to look remotely ok
>cocked dice every roll
>will need to repaint every so often because of scuffing

just get a battlemat imo

Yeah?

>will need to repaint every so often because of scuffing
You don't if you or your opponents aren't animals

How do I strip off paint from resin and plastic models?

I only know about dettol for metal minis.

all that does is delay the inevitable user

metal - acetone
plastic - brake fluid. some american cleaning products work but I don't live in there.
Resin - nfi.

Ive used dettol on plastic. gotta scrub

lmao dude weed

12 hours in brake fluid and some scrubbing afterwards do marvels. Be careful cuz that shit is toxic as fuck and leaves plenty vapors.

I have used 96% Ethanol to strip plastic minis and it works wonders, just leave them in it for half an hour, grab a toothbrush and get to scrubbing (dip the brush in the ethanol too as you scrub). Use a mask for it has some non-healthy fumes, btw, and close the container you have the alcohol in as it evaporates and the smell is kinda bad.

As for resin miniatures, i have no experience with them so i have no idea on that regard

Purchased Death Guard from Dark Imperium, next week I plan to play my first game to learn the rules. From what I see in Battlescripe I currently have ~740 pts. I would like to start slowly expand to be able to play for more points in the future. What should I get next to have viable army for 1000 pts?

Nah. Balsa wood and polystyrene insulation for terrain

At worse you'll have to touch up small areas every few years. Matts are nice for the lack of crooked dice but the upkeep on a gameboard isn't any worse than fixing up your army.

Dettol works on plastic, it'll just leave patches of primer sometimes. Plus your dudes will smell like industrial disinfectant for weeks.

People also use isopropyl alcohol but I've no experience of it myself. It's hard to find in the UK, I got told to try methylated spirits instead, but again no experience with it

More poxwalkers, more bloat drones, Typhus. daemon prince.

the mantra of poxwalkers is similar to that of dakka. there is never enough.

>Having anything but models and terrain on the table

Fucking degenerate, how are you supposed to forge a narrative like that?

Are Primaris-only armies a thing?
I bought Dark Imperium, and I'm wondering what to do with these guys, I don't own any Guard or Space Marines to use them with.

The bloat drones and daemon prince should be able to do double duty, too, and let you use the new Daemons codex, barring some sort of strange rule, since they're a valid way to build an army of nothing but NURGLE DAEMONs.

there primaris only successors

>not being able to force a narrative when random objects are on the table

you don't drink enough during matches

they are a thing, you can get ideas by looking at last place SM army list at any tournament

People try to make them a thing, but they lack in some departments. Namely long range anti-tank and a good, hard hitting melee unit.

Good news, Duncan has an excellent video on drybrushing Imperial Fist armor that gives them a very nice look.
Bad news, that is still a fuckload of yellow to paint and the averland spray is finicky about working correctly.

Great unclean one

Or if you're too pussy to plonk a single greater daemon on the table in a thousand point game...

>Another bloat drone
>Plagueburst crawler
>Helbrute
>Myphic blight wotsit

My pick would be helbrute or tank

I figured as much, I might just used these guys for conversion parts or sell 'em.
Thanks.

Why are Chosen still a thing?
GW doesn't sell the models

Isopropyl Alcohol works pretty good and can even get the primer layer off. You'll want something with a concentration north of 90% for easier removal.

People kitbash and convert their Chosen since forever.
Or are you one of those new people that GW is catering to who can't comprehend the concept of creating something by themselves, that something can exist that isn't sold in a package?

>GW doesn't sell the models

As someone who's been playing since the early 2000s this mentality has me dumbfounded

Used to be that some of the best units didn't have models, and we'd spend ages collecting bitz and creating awesome conversions. Used to make each game much more interesting. Nothing stopping you doing the same.

What Forgeworld to pick for Heavy Support detachement(spearhead is the name??)? 2 onagers and kastellans inside.

I was thinking about stygies for stationary firestation varian or lucius for teleporting rapebots.

People these days no longer think for themselves user.

Which one?

Can a non-space marine human wear terminator armour?

space marine

Yes.
They have their own ones.

I shouldn't have to think though
My wallet should immediately determine that validity of my army!

Want sine dark elf warriors for postage?

Sweet, any examples?

Reminder that trenchbros united soon
>tfw popping a stiffy when thinking about the artillery strikes on fortified positions and attacks through no-man's land

Critiques welcome.

I think if I were to make it up to 2000, I'd grab a stormhawk and swap out the lieutenant for a captain.

A lot of old minis, nothing new, but it has always be a thing in the lore.

>M 6"

Alright thanks.

Yes, it's bullshit

Maybe there are other official picture, this is the only one that I remember

>Unmodified human
>No helmet
I guess shrapnel isn't a thing for her "battle"

I'll give her my Terminator Honours...

Basically what I did. Then I found a box of sister in my attic.

>Implying an Inquisitor wouldn't have access to some kind of bullshit shield tech that means she doesn't need a shield.

Rate my list !

I feel low on wave clear so could change the Ravagers to Reapers, drop the phantasm launchers for an extra mandrake.

Was also considering swapping the sslyth, venom and mandrakes for a raider And 9 Incubi to go with my Archon.

I'm not an anatomist, but I'm pretty sure there is no way that are her arms

>pic related is how she do it

I've used isopropyl alcohol and it melted the plastic pretty fast.

easy. vulkan.

Literally 3/4 of the Primarchs are better than him

Huh, that is odd. You're sure it was just isopropyl alcohol and no other additives?

She use it like a mecha.
Basically picture a oiled and naked D.Va piloting a Terminaror armour

is it worth a read?

Isopropyl on its own doesn't melt plastic you autist, you must've been using nail polish remover or something silly

That's stupid!
I'm gonna kill you, fucking heretic

>Up, X, X, Triangle, Down, Circle

To this day I'm reluctant to field stock miniatures for anything other than the most basic infantry.

Modelling has always been my favorite part of the hobby. I miss the days when the lore and artwork was made in a way that inspired you to make your own creations, rather than being a list of box sets you can buy. These days when I read through a codex or something it reads like the should be a tm after every other word.

okay

>What are bodygloves?

Dan Abnett is probably one of BL's best writers and I hugely enjoy the series. Only way for you to really find out is to read the books for yourself and judge them on your own merits.

As far as beatsticks go, he's pretty mid-tier (about as good as an average chapter master), but he has pretty much no support there and nothing else going for him.

Depending on some wording, Nurgle Daemons may break the game.

Detachment 1: Nurgle Daemons
Detachment 2: Mortarion
Detachment 3: Nurgle Alpha Legion

Plan: spend 2cp to deep strike Mortarion. Deep strike sorcerer for warp time. Have fun with Obliterators with a 0+ save and ability to fire and fall back.

No, the pages before that image shows her getting inside naked.

She's literally oiled and nude under the armour in the comic.

>Have fun with Obliterators with a 0+ save and ability to fire and fall back.
Explain that for me please

unf

Y'all gotta stop uploading these things as PDFs

I've got an SD card filled with lists for armies I don't play now

Based Mars designing armor like that

2+ armor, +2 to that for cover from the tree and the ability to shoot/charge after falling back. 0+ save is esentially 2+ save, since 1s are always a fail, but it takes more armor penetration to degrade. They are 3+ against lascannons, for example.

Fulgrim

Oh, okay.
Fire and Fall back confused me
I thought you meant they got to shoot in combat and then leave somehow

That is also how SoB get into their power armour.
You can pretend novice Sisters oil up Battle Sisters before getting in their armour

Human power armour basically needs to be wear while naked and oiled up