Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Which Death faction is the best? Edition

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/804FLTQc
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/09/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-grand-tournament-the-winning-army/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, but they're also wearing something over their robes
At least that's what it looks like to me
Also, they don't have shields, which would be quite the oversight in depicting them.
No I think this is a hint at new grots. Or I am reading too much into this
I hope it's new grots

Soulblight

chest plate better be detachable

>Which Death faction is the best?
Desert Legions

cheeky wanker

Can’t wait to see what armies they release this year. On Facebook they mentioned they had multiple new lines. So I think undead are a given but could we also see those elves being teased?

where'd her tits go?

Well I imagine Malign Portents is having a wide release for loads of races

We're getting new skeletons, grots, witchelfs.

Oh no doubt, but I am specifically hopeful for grots. Moonclan if I can have my way. The little robe fuckers are what got me into warhammer to begin with.

You and me both. The fact they got a Night Goblin/Moonclan Grot shaman in late state shaman shroom is extremely good news. That and having them in modern art is a huge, huge plus.

How the fuck does one play DoK without selling its kidney/semen? My GF wants to start an 1000pts army and Daughters are her favourite models but witch aelves are expensive as fuck and you need to run at least 20 of them per unit. She thought about 2x pic related and 2 boxes of witch aelves but I never played with or against DoK so I have no idea if it will do the trick

Allegiance: Hammerhal
Cauldron Of Blood (200)
Death Hag (60)
Death Hag (60)

20 x Witch Aelves (200)
20 x Witch Aelves (200)
1 x Bloodwrack Medusae (120)
1 x Bloodwrack Medusae (120)

Total: 960 / 1000
Wounds: 73

painting that thing must be a nightmare

>Hammerhal
Just give that army the Order Allegiance

When did they add the map of shysh?

Me 3, they are just so fun. Beating serious players with bravery 4 goblins is just too good a feeling.

If it has hammerhal allegiance it also has order allegiance, you get both.

You can take both (yes GA AA, but not faction AA)

You must have Order to play Hammerhal, so it has both

Oh yeah, seeing the Fungoid Shaman's reveal got me all kinds of excited. I can't wait to see his rules and get one for myself.

Nurgle stuff is going up for preorder today, right?

Tomorrow

New releases are always saturday

total noob here. Can I just put whatever in an army, or does it have to be the same grand alliance? Like, I'm thinking of making an army of vampires and their living slaves (using freeguild models), is this doable?

>Tfw still no new Battletome for Chaos Duardin

I’m happy for you guys though, and hope any new goblins that come out are also designed with conversion in mind so that when FW gets off their asses and releases a Chorf Battletome, we can have our hobgoblin slaves

Gotta be same grand alliance, sorry dude.

Though there is nothing stopping you from just using the freeguild models and calling them skeleton proxies and using the skeleton rules

fungoid shaman rules are kind of already known. He gets 2 spells and 1 dispell per turn, both re-rollable (but he cannot move). He is also tough to kill.

2 warscrolls - 1 for the named shaman, 1 for the generic.

Oh shit! Where was this?

You can use any model from any alliance

In Matched Play (the most common format) you must have the same grand alliance

You can always add Ghoul models as his servants/slaves as they both fit the astethic and are still living

was buried in yesterdays poorly communicated countdown portents thingy.

will paintjobs save her?

want to convert her giving her big with elf hair, removing the cloak. greeestuff her butt and chest and replacing her axe and shield

Soon

At that point you might as well convert the male darkoath chieftain

or use lelith

>On Facebook they mentioned they had multiple new lines.
Well of course they did. What else are they gonna say?
>We have nothing coming at all, please stop paying attention to our company.

Maybe a little hot glue

>We definitely have more Stormcast coming.

I said it before and I said it again: one Death release and about 5 new Stormcast releases

Why is there so much hate for Dispossessed on this board. There's like 3 dwarf posters and they all get shat on.

We like dispossessed, but the posters came and asked questions, ignored the answers and asked the same questions for like a fucking month just bugging the shit out of everyone.
Dispossessed are cool, three random dispossessed anons are annoying.

Virgin dispossessed. Chad Overlords.

Well death is for certain. There is still the unsolved mini lizard thing that looks elf like. Perhaps them for the second release.

GUYS I NEED HELP

I play Blades of Khorne, Disciples of Tzeentch, Hosts of Slaanesh, Everchosen, and I'm about to complete the 4 with Maggotkin of Nurgle.

BUT since the portents started and more since yesterday, I feel the urge, the very need to play Death. I want hordes of Skeletons, Reanimants and a Knight of Shrouds overseeing the construction of Nagash' Black Pyramids Death Star II.

Help me please, make me stick to Chaos !
(The only thing that could bring me back is a proper Darkoath release I guess............)

>Help me please.
No, play death.

One or none you undivided faggot.
Find a single God to venerate, fucking loser.
>Banter Aside
You might be feeling a bad impulse buy my man. I think you should strive to finish your project and save up for Maggotkin.

I want it SO much :(

But then, what's to paint ? I'm 99% sure we'll get a Deathrattle Battletome sometimes in March / Summer.

I have the Malignant and Skeleton SC, 2 Morghasts and the Shadespire guys.

I guess I'll just paint 3 Spirit Hosts, 10 foot Skeletons, the Sepulchral Guard, two Archai and the knight of Shrouds when he's out...

Rha, fuck.

You're surely right. The thing is, Nurgle is the god I love the most, but during the seven days of Nurgle, I had an overdose or something like that. And then, the Malign Portents reveal killed (kek) the last Chaos love I had....

I guess I'm not alone in suddenly losing hobby motivation mid project to start another, right ? How do you do to stay focused, user(s) ?

Think about all the cool stories you make for your dudes, the custom additons to the models to truly make them your own and unique

Build the best Mortarch.

Write stories about your dudes. That's what I did.
pastebin.com/804FLTQc

Any chance you think Dispossessed will get any love? They got mentioned with the engineer dude

>that tiny hat
Shameful

It's true that I had chaos warriors in WFB and deamons in 40k, and then added Bloodbound, Everchosen and Arcanites in 2015-2017 for AOS, and converted them and developed their stories since then.

Well it's the first time in like 15 years that I'm fed up with Chaos.

Oh that's quite good user. I have many Chaos stories too, really.

But Nagash is calling, and instead of painting death models, I've started to create stories for an hypothetical Deathrattle army.....

Wait, they did?
I don't know if they will get any love relatively soon, but their place in the fluff sets them up as maybe getting something in the future.

Skelebros I need your help to see what I can improve on my army

X1 Mannfred
X1 neferata
X1 wight king with sword and infernal standard (general)
Command trait: double death saving throw range
Artifact: sword of unholy power
2x 40 skeletons
1x 10 skeletons
1x 10 graveguard
1x 2 morghast harbringers

Wounds: 139

>I spawned a meme
I never asked for this.

Get you some spirit hosts. Two Squads should be fine. They're probably the best death unit in the game.

I honestly like both of these aesthetics

They are totally relevant in the fluff, with many cities of Sigmar being build and populated by them. They are in very recent artworks (logical as they are reboxed with modern boxsets design and round bases).
They even lead coalition of free people in the battles of the Blazing crusade (in Firestorm), and are said to work under the Lord-Ordinators direct supervision (in Malign Portents).

But IMO, GHB17 abilities means nothing more comes (yet, at least in 2018) for them, maybe a WHQ characters but that's it. (Hope to be wrong though).

What makes them so good? The ignore rend?

you're not allowed to do that

>> lists npc shit

Ignore rend, mortal wounds, 5 attacks, flying, and they're only 120pts. Really good objective grabbers.

Yeah that lizard thing turned out to be a new grot pet. Same creature as on the shaman stick

>They're probably the best death unit in the game.
Um, no

Oh interesting. Thanks. Well that’s the years stuff solved then. Didn’t even notice that and I like the model too.

Aelves btfo

Why are you posting a blank image?

>playing with big squad of 9 against seraphon
>he summons a skink wizard
>it casts starlight
>-1 to my hit rolls
>realize i now hit on 6+ and cant get mortal wounds any more

By now it's clear that gw has internally spread the memo that customers don't like stormcast marketing spam. The new black library facebook post basically says they're sorry and can help you find lore about non stormcast factions.

Screenshot?

YES. EXACTLY. NOW YOU KNOW WHY I'M HAVING PROBLEMS DECIDING.

How many battalion warscrolls is it worth taking in a 2000 point Bonesplittaz allegiance army?

It still blows my mind that Aelves is literally still #1 even after GW tried so hard to make them as unplayable as possible.

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/09/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-grand-tournament-the-winning-army/

I want to play spooks.
I got a banshee an cairn wraith really cheep. What now? And most important: nighthaunt relics or death?

>that lizard thing turned out to be a new grot pet

that hand doesnt look like a goblin to me but what the hell do I know.

Bullshit, that's a bug, not a lizard-eel. You blind fuck.

What an idiot.

Sadly, the fact that the hand's skin is whiteish makes me think its gonna be a fucking vampire.

Get two Tormented Spirits boxes, your Banshee, and hey a Mourngul off FW. Your list will be
Allegiance: Death
Cairn Wraith (60)
Cairn Wraith (60)
- General
- Trait: Ruler of the Spirit Hosts
Tomb Banshee (80)
- Artefact: Midnight Tome
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
Mourngul (400)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 50

Congrats. There's your army. Literally Double it to get to 2000pts.

the new realm of shadow elves have super pale skin.

posting this compilation of related rumor engines and silver tower models for the millionth time.

Ooo nice call on his bs or retardation. Elves back on the menu.

>centipede
>mushrooms
>spiders
Grotari!

>play Death
Don't. You will get sick and bitter of loosing every match you play, along with getting tired of painting the same mini 100+ times. Our armies are by far the weakest, and sure, we sound resiliant: That 6+ Deathless minions, 10 ld and regeneration looks good on paper. But that falls apart really quick, when you consider how fast our units die, and how quickly they can be carved through. 10 Ld doesn't mean much when you can easily loose 10 or more of your unit a turn.

Our bigger units also feel a bit pillow fisted when compared to other bigger units; Blood Knights, for example, are pretty flimsy with a 4+ base save, and are really not that great. The only thing they have over say, vargheists, is a better charge, and better survivability. But thats for 220 points, compared to shit like Concussors or Varanguard.

For fimir balefiend user, here's the rough sketch.

That's the strangest bait I have seen lately

sheffield knows whats up

I like

May I request a Chaos Duardin based off of FW’s general design scheme?

Yep, grots are getting (it seems) 2 new beasties to prod around the battlefield (or surf upon):
>centipedes like the (dead) one on the shaman's staff
>flying insects seen in this artwork

Guess karma pays off in the end. AOS sucks, nobody cares about it. Fantasy gets all the games. And yeah, keep telling yourselves the AOS games that MAY come in the future are gonna recieve any other apprectiation than the same general appreciation AOS got and will get.

add to it that the crescent moons on the chains handle is exactly the same as can be found in the tenebrael shards chains and even in a lot of high elves models.

can't remember the last time i saw fantasy players in my local gaming centre. Bitter much?

>Fantasy gets all the games
You mean video games, right?

>Fantasy gets all the games
Not according to GW, apparently.

It's sad that AoS would have been a much better MMO than WHFB. Rip Age of Reckoning.