Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Matt Ward did nothing wrong edition

>Slaanesh Focus
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/05/faction-focus-daemons-of-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Painting Video
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Primaris Chaplain Cloak.

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
>Rules and such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>old BL mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>Math-hammer
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1dcVW3Kvzg4?list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&t=88
spikeybits.com/2017/08/wargame-exclusive-teases-new-typhus-model.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I2

my dudes > your dudes

>didn't fix the painting link
>shit image
Why are all OPs so retarded

I’m currently trying to learn how to properly oyumaru+milliput cast myself some “1-to-a-kit” bits. Pic related is my mold for a Daemon hammer being made. I’ve tried other bits and while the detail comes out fine, it seems like I’m using too much milliput because the bits end up much wider than the original and slip on the mold. When I get home from work I’m going to try and cast a hammer while being stingy as fuck with the milliput.

Reposting
Are there cheats for highlighting? I have very shaky hands from microtremors so only base coats and washes are easy for me.

Now, by drybrushing do you guys mean just doing it over an edge over and over till it makes a good line?

What's the strongest generic character you can make? Any codex, with WT, relics, all that jazz. Probably a greater daemon of some sort but aside from that?

Google drybrushing

I have nerve damage in my shoulder and I only wash and drybrush. It's not perfect but it makes them tabletop ready

Milliput is not a good choice for casting. Milliput casts tend to be brittle. Try greenstuff . Also make two parts molds as opposed to one.

To the guy asking if night-fighting rules are in 8th. If I remember night-fighting rules from previous editions, then yes. The "cloak and shadows" mission has a permanent -1 to hit outside of 18".

Dude link him a Saint Duncan video and help him proper.

Thinking I might build an Epidemius rather than buy him since the model's a bit shite and it's in finecast

What could I use to build my own Tallyman?

I'm aware what a drybrush is but I never thought of it for say...edge highlighting a lasgun. I've certainly got plenty of guys to try it on at least

It is a 2 part mold. That’s the top half you see there. I tried green stuff but it wouldn’t stop sticking to fucking everything and the water trick didn’t work too well. While I just needed some water on my fingers and bam, milliput didn’t stick and even softened up to make putting it in the mold easy.

Yo user I came here to repost my answer too

Me too user. I used to take the piss out of my mum for it... Until I inherited it haha, whoops

I've cut caffeine out completely and that's helped a lot. Some people benefit from a small amount of alcohol too but I don't. So I brace my elbows on my knees, my forearms on my desk, push my wrists together firmly, press my little finger on my right hand against my left, and work really slowly.

I've found slowly exhaling as I make the brush strokes really helps too.

With that technique I managed to do this lens and all the helmet edge highlights, and it's my first attempt after an 8 year break

(Looks like my phone insists on rotating the image sorry)

youtu.be/1dcVW3Kvzg4?list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&t=88

Looking good user!

Just bought the pic related. Do you think this is too goofy? I will paint the skin areas black as a bodyglove because i have a shred of decency remaining.

Space Marine Captain on a bike turned Chapter Master with Thunder Hammer

you bought a what

>pic related

I did my guys drybrushing grey and then using nuln oil to clean up everything except the edges

I actually tried a two part plastic epoxy once I had left over from fixing stuff for shits and giggles and it worked out

Can I use the Killshot stratagem on Baal Predators?

>>cracks inquisition armies apart, turning grey knights into the mess they are today instead of a series of elite units for daemonhunters. Makes inquisitors into boring assholes with no special rules entirely defined by over powered wargear and removes the ability to take fluffy reti nues of henchmen that buff the inquisitor instead of being over priced guardsmen spam. Removes inquisitorial storm troopers.
>>did nothing wrong
Give it back, you fucking hack.

>mfw got a really nice storm eagle for Christmas
>have no idea what to put in it
Uuuu what do, was thinking maybe sternguard?

Also dubs name my new gunship

Anyone know any other models that are the same size-ish as a Daemon Prince?
I'm making a CSM army, but I'm not the biggest fan of how it looks, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start on alternatives.

If you want to play Admech, play Admech, because if you like Your Dudes it doesn't matter how tricky they are or how many books they've got.

Their Start Collecting set is one of the best ones in terms of value, and you need a couple copies of everything in there for a basic 1k Mech list anyway. Also, the models look really sweet and they're not so hard to paint if you subassembly them, spray everything silver and then use washes to get all the little metal details before doing the robes and guns and glowy bits and such, they just look like a pain when you put them all together.

Does Veeky Forums think new orky models are coming soon?

They look really outdated desu

You appear to have a casualty

Bubblegum-mobile.

Yes

Do they have the “Predator” keyword?
If yes then yes!
If no then no.

Thanks friend :) was really pleased with it. Going to airbrush the green on the rest of his unit now.

One more thing about edge highlighting with shaky hands... I've also found lots and lots and lots of swearing helps too, strangely. Makes the lines neater. Give it a go user!

The Emperor's Cloaca

WGX minis are the shit user. You need a whole commissariat of such...

He ended up finding his head, nothing to worry about

This one

Cancer Dancer

That's some heretical-tier helmet you got there.

The Fedora Tipper

Stormy McEagleface

The Hitler Did Nothing Wrong

kek

Oh my god, that looks like a sanitary pad.
Much less bloody than what im used to...

Found pic related, she doesnt look half bad when skin is covered up. Wish they made more appropraite minis to use on table other than their '' lol tits '' minis.

Litany of Litany's Litanies

Do you think so?

I know the sculpts are like, 15 years old, but I think they still look really good

Nurglings
>a level of Nurglings holding a flat surface
>Tzeentch Disk from Exalted on Burning Chariot

As for Tallyman
>Three Nurglings. And one holding the skull abacus from the DG character

Sculptors vaseline, greenstuffworld

The S.S. Checkem

I like that model.
Can't go wrong with it.
I wish the tau girls weren't fucking sluts so you could actually use them for something other than auxiliary pinups riding your stormsurge

They've got some good ones for some factions. I agree less tits would be nice but whatever.

I'm very excited for their not typhus since GW's sucks the fucking root.

Would regular Vaseline work? I’ve got that at the ready.

>Despicable Me but the minions are nurglings

How viable is this as a project for a full death guard army...

Put Ork commandos in it, the name of the storm eagle will be '' HUMIE SHIP''

Definitely Not Alpha Legion

More bestmen for 40k when?

>Awaiting Codex:Nurglings

Cumdumpster

>WGX will never make tyranid pinup minis
Why live

Kek nice. Is this yours? What's the coat from?

Make the banners bland Facebook quotes and you've got quite an army

The Flying Bitchnigger.

They're doing a not-Typhus?
Mind giving a link, this is the first I've heard about it.
I hate the new Typhus model.

>Nurgling Epidemius
WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF IT BEFORE?

Thanks for the tips on highlighting by drybrushing btw. Every time I've ever posted my stuff here its the one suggestion I keep getting. Honestly I've always stubbornly believed I could do without it but I cant deny how much more pop it gives a model and how much it would elevate my own trash Guardsmen up. I just didn't want to deal own physical shortcomings by admitting I couldnt highlight, instead acting like I just didn't want to in an attempt to save face. Every time I've tried has been as disaster. I really do appreciate how much feedback and support you dudes offer, peach memes aside.
Be excellent to eachother

t. Red Guard Guy

It's from the tempestus scions box

Cumship

Chaos Don't Surf

Dont see why it shouldnt , why not give it a try at a small quantity and report the results of your experiment here.

Vaginal Buckshot

>Christmas
>not a single drop of snow
Why do you have to lie - ship?

Don't forget the shield eternal

Wargame Exclusive is the name of the site

Snippy McShipface

Hey, at least your actually painting and trying to learn new techniques.
t. user who has shot on your dudes before

> People wasting dubs, we could have had that ship named by now

The S.S. Hitler

Knot of Russ

I’ll try it, then. Green stuff and Vaseline. It will be another 7 hours before I get to try though. Work then dinner.

It don’t show much in Texas, just goes from hot to less hot

Also I realize that in trying to get a response by offering the ship’s name, I totally screwed all chances of getting advice.

>Christmas
>not a single drop of snow
Not him, but not everyone lives where it can snow.

Felchtube

spikeybits.com/2017/08/wargame-exclusive-teases-new-typhus-model.html

I fucking hate spikeybits but that's where I found the pics...

>People suggesting names he will never use
You asshats are the worst

Some of their de-titfy efforts are very good, like the tech priest domina but others like the mechanicus sergeants are very bad.
>lets jsut wrap some toilet paper at the tits, everyone wil lbuy it now
Seriously.

>what is summer
>what are snowless areas

Leviathan Fuck Train

I still love them, honestly. I might like to see more variants in the same style.

What we really need is new warbuggy and wartrakk sculpts, those are fuckin' second edition models. Also, re-release the black reach deffkoptas already. They were on a separate sprue for mork's sake!

10 tacticals to clear chaff, 10 sternguard to clear elites stuff. Drop a couple of Marines from that if you want room for a character or 2

Sure, we didn’t get snow this year(yet, Jan and Feb usually prove to be ugly), but at least it wasn’t fucking 75 degrees out like last year.

Sounds horrible, I'm so sorry you have to live there, sweating like an ape

>already have a Xeno (Tyranids) and Imperium (Admech) army

>autism is making me want to roll Chaos just so I can have one army of each

So I already have Superfast Alphastrike Hordes (Tyranids) and Sit-in-the-backfield-and-
Shoot (Admech) covered.

Which Daemons should I roll to get a unique playstyle from those two?

I'm thinking either Nurgle to be ridiculously tanky, or MAYBE Tzeentch to dominate the psyker phase.

Which out of the two of those would be more trolly?

I like armies that can just fuck with people... for example, 7th edition Necrons with mind scarabs and portal shenanigans was fun.

The First Roar of The Lion

And paint it green.

>sweating like an ape
It’s actually pretty nice, not humid so the heat is more pleasant than oppressive.

Amen

Oh I’ll put it on there, though if it’s too vulgar it’ll be an acronym. I had a Sicarian proudly bearing HDNW on the side until I repainted it

The Emperor's magic fuckbus

Well then, call it the sweating ape.

You're A Stupid Cunt Suck My Dick