3D-Printed some Greenskins

Just to clarify to those who remember, I am the same OP who posted a picture of the 3D-printed Skaven Screaming Bell.

Decided to make some Greenskins to see the results, and they turned out pretty well. Tell me what you all think

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/303mmu5lcjvk13u/Squigs.stl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First was Squigs. Next are some Goblins w/ spears

And some Orc War Boyz

And some Orc Arrer Boyz

And Finally some Black Orcs

These were all made in 3D software, so if any of you want the files, just let me know.

bit blocky, but for making mass armies it is pretty cool. What kind of printer did you use? Or really just how much did it cost

Used the Monoprice Maker Select Plus

cool, how much did you learn about the actual software, are you able to customize stuff you pulled offline?

Not trying to be rude but just wondering what you mean by "customize stuff you pulled offline"? The less complex geometry was made in Tinkercad, and the more complex ones were made with Sketchup. I have all of them as STLs.

nah it's fine I don't know anything about it. So by software you mean modeling software you used to create these models

Well in that case then yes. That is the software used.

Yo, this is cool. Did the printer use all the proper colors or did you have to paint anything?

I've been considering a 3d printer to try for cardboard minis, what do you think about using nonplastics for materials?

Your tablecloth has less texture than your minis.

I did have to paint the orcs and goblins primarily for their skin color, but for the Squigs and Black orcs I did use red and black plastic respectively.

GW on suicide watch.

Neat, this would be great for mass producing your own army. How long did the entire process take? (Printing, construction, and painting)

So did you make these models yourself or did you find them from somewhere? I've printed some larger models from 40K like dreadnoughts and vehicles but I haven't had much luck with finding models for smaller units.

Also do you think that the texture could be helped by sandpaper or something, or is this probably the best quality you'd get for this size?

>3D-printed

Yeah you can tell...

For the bodies of all the infantry, I got an orc body (low poly) from thingiverse. I took that base and used it for every body type I needed. I made some relatively simple armor pieces in sketch up or tinker cad depending on how complex they were. I made the weapons using a 2D extrusion method. The squigs I got from the game Total War: Warhammer.

user you can get models better than this for like pennies from EM4 games, like 80 would cost £5 and they don't have cardboard shields, what is the investment of 3D printing compared to that?

Yeah but he probably had fun making these, user.

Yeah but where’s the fun in that

Also, the cardboard shields are just a placeholder. I’m not done with them yet.

Care to share the .stl files? or post source?

Still easier to make look smooth than finecast or forgeworld.

Here ya go: mediafire.com/file/303mmu5lcjvk13u/Squigs.stl

I think I will have a go using these as Pinky demons for one of my games

That's pretty neat, but you can see the printed layers.
Have you considered giving them some surface treatment to make them look smoother?