Last thread
>>

>30k short
youtube.com/watch?v=medYpKTrBAQ
>New rulebook link
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>The other Primarch Popularity Poll

>Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

First for Postman Pert.

Cute pussy

How do you base Aquilon Terminators and Leviathan Dreads? Got some stalwart Aquilon and a Leviathan coming in, all with origins on pre-Imperial Terra - the panpacifics, to be precise.

>postman pert
>postman pert
>postman pert treats his soldiers like dirt
>early in the cru-sade
>he had his legion re-made
>by ordering 'em to murder one in ten

5th for his smile.

Cuter than Dorn's, that's for damn sure.

Correct.

Just say you bought your shit from a recaster, mate. No need to be coy here.

THIS IS AN ACCURATE STATEMENT THAT I FULLY AGREE WITH, HONOURED BATTLE-BROTHER. FOR THE EMPEROR.

Why do the Iron Hands exist to be shat on?

Jesus, I think half the resin for the model is in the cape.

Not everyone shares your sick fetishes, Fulgrim

BANANARAMA

FWWAAA, I NEED THEM!

FUCK

I hope to god I can slip cataphractii arms under there. Then just bent the lightning claws a bit to make talons and give them those stupid over-under combi-bolters.

YES!

Nice stand in for Hetaeron Guard

IT'S OVER SPACE MARINES

>GW making models specifically to compete with FW now
How long until they just split up?

Fuck me, those blow the Aquillon out of the water!

DADDY DON'T LEAVE ME

How can FW even compete?

They can't. I never liked those models. I'm glad I can get better models. Probably gonna get at least two kits. Then just need fists/claws, combis and maybe make 1 or 2 flamers out of the spears.

Been trying to find models for Artifcer Vet Sergs and had this bright idea.
Raven Guard Legion. Concerned that tabards are not their style.
Thoughts?

They aren't, RG are tacticool to the extreme, but you could fluff him as a Terran or something

I am sourcing my bitsbox for the parts to make three flamepikes as we speak.

What I'm thinking of.

I like both.

>the virgin FW
>the chad GW

>you could fluff him as a Terran or something
Racist.

Along with the pic this is the best thing I've seen on hhg in ages.

As do I. They both take parts of the artwork posted above, just separate parts. I wonder if the GW arms will work with the Aquilon bodies (At least without extensive modification). I generally prefer the simpler designs of FW models. At the very least the GW ones have the potential to be good Hetaeron standins.

Not a bad idea, I like it.
Here's a simple one I've been considering just now.
Take the spears aready in the kit (here shown with a regular spear), chop of blade, spike, magazine and ejection port and replace with the axe head and ornamental wing from the Sanguinary Guard, a combi-flamer muzzle and some fuel tank (which I haven't found yet).
It'd be convenient, too, since I've got a shitload of SangGuard lying around from giving all my Haeteron that one specific sword, so they're hardly in short supply here...

But those new golden bois are not termies.

Allarus? What does that mean?

Oh my! Better-looking, more customizable, easier to order and probably cheaper plastic Aquilon Terminators with a wealth of additional bits? Just for me? Oh, GW, you shouldn't have... but you sure know how to win somebody's heart!

Likely derived from Alarum, Meaning 'wing', 'hunters' or 'beaters'

Might be just sounding cool, or might be the usual awful 40k latin for either something wing-related (what with the eagle imagery) or a supporting element of an army.

>allarus
>alluras
>alluring
I think they are lewdstodes.

Might as well be, they share the hunched, bulky look with terminators and look only marginally lighter than the actual aquilon terminators.

With High Gothic simply being bastardised Latin it's likely a combination of Alarum and Alarus. Doesn't entirely fit the idea of these being the Custodian elite, but that probably doesn't matter.

Alaris even

If we take the Deathshroud as an example of an elite three-dudes terminator kit we can probably look at a price of £35 for these guys. Aquilon meanwhile cost £49.
Is GW trying to kill FW? I mean, even if you don't care about the price, the Allarus seem to blow the Aquilon out of the water.

They both have their niche, FW has always been the smaller, specialized section of the company, so don't think of these models as direct competition, but as models that some people will buy because they don't like the FW equivalent.
Besides, now that FW also has the Specialized Games segment to work with, I suspect they'll have a nice revenue stream to work from for the HH stuff.

I'm kinda curious how the SG stuff affects Forgeworld's finances overall. GW has supposedly noticed only somewhat recently that all those boardgames sell like hot cakes, but even then you'd think they'd fold that revenue stream into the main company asap...

So this is the worst model FW have produced in recent times right?
> Those leg proportions
> That head size
> Chest size
> No grip on the gun
> Bullets bigger than the ejection port

Even before we get onto the pubey pelt and knot.

fuck the space wolves and anyone that likes them

Bar a slimmer collar these look like Aquiloi. Even if they don't turn out to be, the looks so fucking close that it really will not matter.
That said, I sure as hell hope their arms offer some more variety than 'holding stick with right hand, vaguely pointing with gun hand'...

>Split up
In the current state of affairs FW would just cease to exist. GW would take over their space, turn it into manufacturing space to produce more, done.

Dead thread
Dead game
Dead head (writer)

While I can't be certain (and I am not going to dig through years of financial reports to find out), FW probably doesn't need to turn a profit to be worth it for GW.
Their entire existence is to provide models for stuff that GW does not consider profitable enough to turn into a plastic model kit.
Resin is a relatively low investment manufacturing method (the moulds are cheap to make, even if the casting material is relatively expensive).

Once a model becomes popular (and profitable) enough GW will often pull it into one of the main ranges (see the Baneblade and Shadowsword kits and more recently the Heresy marine and terminator kits).
That's maybe something that's happening here as well.

Normally "red outline anatomy" images trigger me because they're so inaccurate and shitty, but this one is pretty spot on. If the armor were thicker and the groin lower or the model taller, you could redraw it so he is merely hunched over, but this sculpt is too thin.

>More customisable

New sculpts are actually disappointing in that regard. Primaris are less customisableand poseable than their normal counter parts.

I'm sure these will be nice, but I bet the torso and legs are fixed.

I see it more as GW wanting to do their own thing. Aquilons are meant for 30k.

Space Wolves a cute.

>Heresy marines
I was hoping so hard for mk5. It probably will never happen now.

Just kitbash some real armour marks together.

Especially now that 30k is a fully distinct game none of the unique FW Custodes units are meant for 40k. I would guess that the apparent 40k Custodes expansion is just GW capitalising on the popularity of Custodes.

That's not a cape, that's a blanket.

I actually did the jump and bought from Cheap n Fast a squad of mk5 assault marines. First time I ever used a recaster. I'll probably buy tanks from them since their Deimos patterns are the same price as the normal plastic ones. And I play Carcharodons so I really need old stuff.

Oh yeah definitely. People wonder why Custodes have a release instead of xenos, but it's simply because they sell.

Ehh, while I totally agree on the customisability of the majority of recent releases, especially the shitawful Deathguard terminators, I have some high hopes for these guys, since the custodes kit is already very flexible and easy to convert with even a modicum of skill. At worst I'll need to replace those arms from shoulder joint to just below the elbow with some of the assload of arms you get with the regular custodes and stitch the gauntlets onto those. That's barely a couple of minutes of work.

I'm still salty about the Primaris Intercessors having a hand under the barrel making conversions needlessly complicated/impossible unless you do extensive filling and green stuffing, while you could just swap arms freely with the old sculpts.

Okay, obviously spare custodian guard arms and headhunter bolters to make the lastrum stormbolters of these guys, but what powerfists are fancy enough to make a convincing solarite gauntlet?

I always thought the custodes models were kickass so I bought myself some for xmas.

Here's what I got:

>2 regular squads (I plan to do one squad of each loadout)
>1 Sagittarum squad
>3 of each kind of terminator
>1 Contemptors (1 of each special custodes weapon pattern)
>1 telemon dreadnought

Is this enough to play a small-size game?

Don't worry. You'll get more Custodes soon with the Allarums.

Yeah I literally just saw that after I posted lmao

Good time to start up the army looks like.

Honestly, I'm not even mad. Not disappointed either, I think they look a bit nicer than the FW Custodes Termis, but I don't play bananas so I have no need or desire for them. Might get some of those helmets as bits, looks pretty nice even through the low-res shot.

Can't wait to see them sell those for even more than a 5-man box of standard Custards though. Also wondering if there'll be more to the release than just that one kit.

Some rumor dude on B&C the other guys like to fellate says they get a dread, a transport, a flyer and a jetbike squad.
Take with a heap of salt, but at least the flyer would be sorta supported by the novels.

A Special Character was shown too a while back. Given both I think they might be getting a full codex with a few more kits, maybe a new transport or centerpiece too.

That's Captain-General More Masculine Than Valdor

Blood Angels.

>a jetbike squad
Y-you mean we might get a non-dildo imperial jetbike?

One has to respect Wraight. He managed to get one of his characters a model in a record time.

Valerian and Aleya models when?

More like Captain-General Headswap With Dorn.

>Custodes are biologically immortal

>Still turn into grizzled old man

Dorn serves Sigmar now.

>have access to orbital bombardment
>still hit things with swords

He'll get a helmet from me. Everyone gets a helmet.

I agree here. My headcoanon is that marines ages in their appearance but retain their physical capabilities, apart from BA and successors that stay young forever.

Custodes, bring a breed above, should stay young. Balfour is pictured as young in the HH book. Oh well, after all, Sevatar was pictured as an old dude, Sigismund as bald cunt, and then some.

>Balfour
Valdor. Fucking autocorrect.

While I doubt it worked that way around I must say that the man is quickly becoming a favorite among the BL guys. His last few works have been really fucking good.

Wraight and Haley have both climbed the hierarchical ladder very fast because they're damn good AND writes fast.

ADB and Abnett were kings before but they didn't put out enough. ADB himself admitted Haley or Wraight I can't remember, writes 6 to 8 times faster than him.

The fact that Wraight and Haley will write the siege in its majority is very reassuring. Very anxious about the rumour that Abnett will handle the end though.

I'm fine with Abnett, he's generally good and can be relied upon to not fuck up too bad.
I mean, the whole thing might still be shit if they decide to throw the whole canon out the window, but at least it won't end with some snowflake daemon wanking off over the Emperor's corpse.

I've given up on Abnett after one too many fluff rapes. Although it seems they want to change all the canon so the ending will be raped anyway.

>Abnett invents Cabal, Perpetuals, Imperium Secundus bullshit
>Thinks he won't throw canon out the window

>Sentinel squads are your workhorses, can't go wrong with these fuckers.
>Guardian squads are kinda shit. Armed with an Adrasite spear they can do some fun stuff on the side, but don't expect them to do much relevant shit.
>Saggitarum are also shit, except moreso. Robably the worst unit in our list.
>Aquilon are generally solid, with the MVP being the infernus firepike to help our glaring issues with hordes.
>Achillus and Galatus are both good. No complaints whatsoever outside of getting themm into melee quickly enough being occasionally tricky.
>Telemon is the MVP here. He's our second or third-best unit, though that varries a lot depending on the loadout (dual arachnus is cancer).

Every major faction has a flyer of some kind. Even Deathwatch got their own. Some manner of transport is almost a given, especially since the Imperium is at a lack for Terminator-scale transports. Dreadnoughts and bikes are favorites from old fluff/artwork too. I hope they at least attempt to design their own stuff though rather than just flat out copy-pasting FW vehicles mostly because I want Imperial jetbikes that aren't dildos, and vehicles made of dildo accessories

Cameleoline tabards/capes.

Damn, Curze is stylish as fuck

I thought that was more or less confirmed? Marines do age just incredibly slowly compared to normal humans. Only the Custodes have true biologic immortality.

ADB used to put out more than enough.

His doctor has forced him to dial it back for like the last decade though.

Abnett is really good when given his own little sandbox to play around and worldbuild in, because the galaxy is vast and every rule has its exceptions and contradictions.

He's not so good writing big picture, center-line 30/40k stuff because he likes to explore said exceptions and contradictions.

I agree with you on the whole, but I thought Know No Fear was pretty damn good

Wraight writes twice as fast as ADB. Haley writes 5 times as fast as ADB.

Honestly, I can't think of a single thing Haley's written that I didn't really enjoy. The one main criticism I've heard about him is he will always toe the line to whatever the newest codex says. He'll just do his best to make it work.

Abnett gave us the abortion that are perpetuals and the Cabal.
I like his human centric stuff, but he always tries to push that angle even when it's not appropriate.

I hope he dies.