MTG Land Art Thread

It's time for one of these. Post your favorite art in basic lands, the ones you use, your collection, etc.

Personally I like the forest made by Quinton Hoover.

Other urls found in this thread:

basiclandart.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey at least you tried.

It’s better than more /pol/ shit at least

I don't play Magic but I'm bumping for more actual conversational topics in Veeky Forums.

My favorite is undoubtedly this. I love that it's the same island, just from different angles and at different times.

And like the moron I am, I forgot the pic.

Don’t care for those mountains at all.

Yikes

I love the Rebecca Guay commander basics. Use them for my draft set.

These are sexy as fuck. What set are these from? Im lazy and I assume you know off-hand.

Innistrad and AVR's dusk and dawn basics are also cool

Urza's Saga.

One thing I miss about most modern Magic cards is we usually see beaches, rivers, and lagoons more than *islands* anymore. I can't remember the last time we got an aerial view of an island in card art.

If only they were in a pre-9th border.

Sigh.

I am so sad I never knew about magic in the beginning. Fuck growing up in rural nowhere, Australia. I want stockpiles of sexy ass lands goddamnit.

Best mountain right here.
Someone post some good swamps and islands. I need one of each.

Great art, wrong set symbol and frame
Fringe playable, doesn't really pair with most archetypes
Really medium. There are better desolate plains, better floating rock islands, better "mirrodin-like" swamps, better snowy mountains, and better lushy forests. Only thing going for Kamigawa lands are panoramas but Scars already gave us the best panos soo
That lightning island, while it's the best one for sure, always makes me sour about the set
In paper they were all just way too dark but conceptually it's great. I like how Tarkir did it better
P-good

Patrician tier lands

I'm too lazy to post all five

Urza block is actually one of my favorite blocks, yet oddly enough none of my favorite cards in it are any of the stupidly powerful ones. Though that might have something to do with the fact that I never got my hands on a Tolarian Academy...

Who be selling these.

Gimme noaw.

In order of least to greatest
>Swamp

Not to say any of them are bad
>Island

Clearly I like flowers
>Forest

But some lands are just so good, that they transcend just being pretty to look at
>Plains

And then there's this fucking Mountain

Portal: Second Age is actually my favorite set. No joke. It's mostly because of the setting rather than the mechanics, of course, but I'd love to see a return to it.

pink mountains

This one island always gets my dick hard. Pretty hard to find on stock sadly

Great resource btw: basiclandart.tumblr.com/

Got these for a standard merfolk deck now that energy's probably getting the axe

>In the scars panorama, red is the only one where the two besieged cards are on the left.
Nice one WotC

Don't know if they're my favorites but I love the otherworldly feeling of the urza's saga Forests

behold.

This, also honorable mention for all lorwyn of course

There was a guy on Etsy but he disappeared. Bad luck

How the fuck have i never seen unhinged lands?
I thought Unhinged lands were those full art ones everyone uses.(also how the fuck is one supposed to tell which basic it is at first glance if they don't have their signature colour nor a border?)(still looking very good, just doesn't seem too comfortable while playing)

wait what? I googled unhinged lands and found those lands everyone uses, i went on mythic spoiler and only those ones are listed, what are these?

This lands are not real unhinged. These are proxy lands with Bob Ross lands. If you have never seen a real unhinged land is because low print run and that they are the only thing in the set that retains value.

I mostly play commander and I like to match lands to the commander. These are the ones I use for Karlov.

Yeah, I like matching lands to my commanders too. Top here is for Rith, bottom for Surrak.

Nice choices for Surrak. I really like that island. Ive been thinking of building a Taigam deck just to use some of the neat Tarkir lands.

Here is Akiri/Silas. I only needed one but that swamp was expensive. I dont use full arts so the lands match in style.

>Bismuth

I think you mean pre-8th, friend.

the best lands are ones with wee bits of life and civilisation in them, like the forests in OP with the wee treehouse and the elf fishing on the bridge, or these islands with the drakes and the boats and shit.

comfy as fuck.

I will remake this later. Who invests so much time yet saves it as a .jpg? At least moms on facebook don't know better.

I'm torn between Kamigawa and Shadowmoor forest and swamps for my Hapatra deck. Or I could say fuck it and get me some Urza alien forest.

These are my favourites. I love the art, but there's probably an element of nostalgia to it as well, as Odyssey was around the time I first found out about Magic.

On a related note, anyone ever came across someone else playing the same sorts of basics as you? I remember playing a guy who was using Chinese Odyssey lands and we spent like the first ten minutes of the match talking about how great the artwork is on them.

youtube.com/watch?v=l7zcS8yr33Q

fuckin 10/10. love that god damned mountain. Love the chippy alara lands too.

Unf... Love that forest and mountain.
Esper lands are the best. I wish there were forest and mountains in that geometric style.

Of all the MtG art there is the lands are definitely the best ones if you ask me.
So many good ones I can't pick a favorite.

This isn't basic but still really good art.

Post them all.

There are several hundreds different artworks just for basic lands alone.
We would probably hit the bump limit before I got through them all.

Why are plains always the best art?

They are often pretty comfy because of the warms and bright colors and rural landscapes.

it hurts to know this kind of bucolic landscape doesnt exist anywhere anymore

I'm a sucker for full arts.

>those well aligned trees
thats pretty fucking ugly

Maybe you like these better then

unf

I'm sure someone has them at the ready, but the Ravinica Lands are my favorite. They're so distinct from all other basic lands and so pretty.

Patrician taste right here

Ravnica is a pretty cool plane.

best thread on tg right now

Ravnica is a fucking masterpiece.

>the best lands are ones with wee bits of life and civilization in them
One of the reasons I really like this SoI island.

I really, really like Urza lands.

damn i never knew how good that land looked up close, gonna pull some out and put em in decks now.

From the European land program.

I really like the bright colors in this as well as the tiny person for scale.

Oh yea. I do.

Bump

>Ravnica lands
>Anything but pure unadulterated garbage
They took the whole history of human architecture and picked the most lifeless structures and sucked even more life out of them

Even the no-man's land swamps are pretty aesthetic.

Is there no love for Time Spiral lands depicting post-apocalyptic Dominaria? This is my favorite island.
My favorite forest is from Onslaught,
and has already been posted here. I've been thinking about buying a print of it.

Eh... IMO Time Spiral lands are one of the worst ever printed.

What the hell? They simply depict ruined places, unlike most of the other lands.
I also really like Mirage lands and alternate between them for my decks, but I try to keep a theme for them. I use TSP for my Madness decks, Mirage for my control/stax decks

You got a point there, using different styles of lands for different decks is cool. As some guy in WotC said: They arent for me.

Y'never know user, Russia, Mongolia and Australia have lots of untouched fields

Hinterland Harbor. Too bad I can't find a higher resolution

This is the better Sacred Foundry art.

I like doing that too. I'd really like to have the dosh to buy these up for Teysa, but I settle for the regular versions.

Forgot pic