Did I get Jewd? Tell me Veeky Forums

For anyone aware of the SDE:Legends Kickstarter, Did I get Jewd and Cucked out of my money?

TL;DR
>kickstarter over 1.2 mill
>Delay the game for 1 year, Overhaul the game system with beta testing, diversify the product so that is cool
>They also did some fuckery with their other kickstarters
>Product head is a fat fuck who fell ill and grinded the project to a halt for half a year.
>Now they are on the road to missing a other soft target they set yet showing meaningful progress to getting manufacturing done
>lots of accusations swirling, out of cash, incompetents, jews. LOTS of autism in the comment sections

What say you user? any of you in this with me?

Eh, I've lost nearly two grand to failed or unsatisfactory Kickstarter projects over the years. You learn to get over it and either invest your money a little better in more trusting projects, or you step back from crowdfunding entirely.

>Big SDE fan
>Back FK
>Upon arrival my box is missing some stuff.
>Email them.
>No reply.
>Send a few more emails.
>Nothing.
>Post on their facebook.
>They delete my posts.
>End up resorting to shitposting their facebook until they acknowledge me.
>Finally get my shit ( a whole 2 models and some plastic tokens)
Decided I wouldn't back them again. Especially after reading their shit rules.

Glad I didn't back this at the end of the day. Seems like they'll belly up within 5 years.

>when your Kickstarter goes off without a hitch, you make way more than you need, everybody gets their product right away, and you have a bunch of cash left over

I don't know how people manage to fuck this up.

It's almost always due to ignorance or underestimation of shipping costs and procedures, and/or downright laziness.

>how
When you received the kickstarter bux and the first thing in your mind is i need a new car.

>Seems like they'll belly up within 5 years.
Fuck, hope they at lest get the product out by then.

Milestone rewards that end up being time-eating bugbears or ballooning the resources needed for certain things.

Ya that sucks. I have thought about starting my own projects, Veeky Forums related, but never did because I fear getting caught in a quagmire.

It'll happen.

I mean look at Kingdom Death. That took 5 years to finally ship, but it shipped.

Too bad KD fags have to put up with Poots complete lack of competence, to the point where a second printing of the game required a SECOND kickstarter.

>It'll happen.
Thanks user. What was the reason for the delay for KD? Any parallels with SDE?

Game was still majorly under development. Dunno if it took 5 years for the base game, but I know some of the add ons continued development and release over time almost all the way up to the second kickstarter.

Kickstarter is always a risk. Established companies are usually safer than new creators, but they're also vulnerable to overestimating their own capabilities and stumbling on the way.

If you throw money at a kickstarter, you should think of that money as flushed down the toilet. You aren't guaranteed any kind of product for it. What you're doing is putting your faith in an idea, in a concept that might not otherwise exist if you didn't make a bet on them managing to pull it off.

With that in mind, and taking my time to vet and analyse kickstarter projects, learning from some initial failures, I've got a pretty damn good success rate. Only two outright failures, six bad final outcomes that delivered and four seemingly terminally delayed projects, out of over a hundred projects backed over the last five years.

I actually calculated a while back, how much I'd lost on bad or failed projects vs how much extra all my KS stuff would cost if I bought it first hand and I came out ahead by a long way, and I'm sure it's only getting better as time goes on.

So what are my chances Finance-user?

>For anyone aware of the SDE:Legends Kickstarter, Did I get Jewd and Cucked out of my money?
>TL;DR
>>kickstarter-

Yes, you got jewed. Whether or not you got the product you wanted, you fell for the trick and gave up your money for no thing, but the mere promise of an idea of a thing.

You should've pull out in April - May.
Currently this project seems like a big piece of garbage. Request a refund if it is allowed.

I'm backing it, i'd be worried if they hadn't posted some shots from the factory but it seems it is finally in production.

One of the reasons for the delay is sort of good in that they poached a dev from malifaux to fix the rules.

>SodaPop product
>Did I get Jewd?
Yes.

Not everyone is born or bred for business, most people who even try fail.
Kickstarter gives a lot of people who couln't get a loan for obvious reasons money they don't desserve and can't use properly.

As a consumer, after all this time, you should know it's less expensive to buy the few projects that actually succeed at post-hoarder prices than actually kickstart shit.

SDE forgotten king arrived fine for me. Ninja all stars just had incredibly bad rules but awesome minis, no real issues with delays so I thought backing legends would be fine. Instead it's taking forever and I've literally gone away for a year with the expectation that it would have arrived by the time I return home. Now I'm doubtful.

I mean, that's not a trick? That's literally what the site exists for. Anyone who thinks they're doing anything else is just an idiot.

>poached a dev from malifaux
Did not know that, cool shit.

Anyone hear on why the whole project grinded to a halt this summer. the official reasoning is that the project lead got a bad heart. Seems a little fucky, but a small team would be crippled by that.

The trick is being convinced it's a good idea in the first place.