Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Back To Basics Edition

>Full Daemon Codex previewed by StrikingScorpion1488
youtube.com/watch?v=WPamlLGmCGw

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/05/faction-focus-daemons-of-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=QnEanO1QT4o

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and Such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>I2

Remember to ask the Imperial Fists about the brand on their leather-tough buttocks.

5th for new orks never

Post yfw fighting W4 T5 custodian terminators with 2+/3++ and 4A guardian spears

The Tunnel of Terror...

>Mfw I can field thirty of these for every one custard

>2+/3+ save
What was GW smoking when they released the 5th edition?

>affordable Tau units never
Why's everything gotta be so expensive? I just want a few cheap foot soldiers. They shouldn't be more expensive than fucking space marines.

Skulls for the Skull throne

Sitting here ready to give up my recasting effort. I just set my hammer to cast, but I bet it's going to turn out awful.

What shall be used to cushion the Skull Throne?

converting a skaven army for use in 40k (using admech rules) awful idea or ok idea?

reposting:

What should I build my goliath rockgrinder with? I'm leaning towards incinerator or cannon.

Ah, Ian Watson and you're scat fetish, like an old friend.

Skullment.

boobies for the boobie throne

I need help, there is so many things I want to make and have. I want a full inqusition force with SoB, DW, GK, ST, and Inqusition + retinue. A skitarii force, two chapters of marines, Black Templars, IG Vostaryan and Cadians, and SoS.

I want all of these things but it is pain knowing i can never afford all of this stuff.

They were the only Terminators worth using so something good.

Yes.

there's a guy at my store converting flesh-eater courts(hundreds of ghouls) for use in 30k(as solar auxilia), 40k(as R+H), and sigmar

You can't get a 2+/3+ AND Guardian Spears. Only Sentinal Blades.

Someone posted a nice Skaven ad mech army the other day.

cuss-toads

Well they're not that good now so who knows

>2+/3+
These days all that really says is "Use Autocannons"

>(hundreds of ghouls) for use in 30k(as solar auxilia)

Seems like a lot of work.

Hello, best girl coming through.

the real question is will this cost £50, I think it will

What's the strongest generic character you can make?

How are you supposed to say it?

it is. He mentioned he has plans for like 300 ghouls.

I think it'll cost like Deathshrouds, so about £35

Would the game improve or become worse if say everything went back to 2E stats and rules?

>Tau
>$10 troops and free Ethereal with every Battlesuit purchase
>expensive

Off the top of my head a Daemon Prince with Fleshmetal Exoskeleton could probably wipe out most other characters in the game.

Cuss-Toad-Ees or just Custodians

Oh it will for sure. $50-60.

They aren't very good against T5 with such a good save. I would know, they never do anything to my Bullgryn even with massive squads.

>Play Chaos
>Get Reaper Autocannons that are only D1
God Damnit GW!

cuss-toe-deez

>trying to build AdMech army
>planning on buying a start collecting box and some skitarii to make a battalion
>have to have at least 2 HQ
>have to either get an enginseer or another dominus
here's where the headache starts
>enginseer is 24
>dominus is around the same price but comes for free* in the start collecting box
>have to decide between getting a single model for 24 dollars or a pack that costs 50 dollars more but has 33 percent higher value
>33% better value but higher cost
>lower cost but lower value/model single model
jewish lizard brain is hurt

Why not a fair point cost instead of retarded saves?

They're supposed to be elite.

I think he meant point-wise, they're cheapest troops choise is 40 points for 5 fire warriors with no special gear/drones. The Kroot are even 60 points for minimum size.

magnets

just buy two start collecting boxes and skip on the need for extra skittles purchased separately to start with. You'll want more crab-donkey-tonks anyway.

Armour save.

Wait if Nurgle got plastic heralds that means i have hope for Plastic Heralds of Khorne.

>Be Games Workshop
>have hugely successful year with almost nothing but space marine releases
>bang on about 2018 being the year on the xenos
>first big release of 2018 comes along
>more space marines

Well played GW. Well played....

not an option.

canon are overall better.

incinerator are slightly better if you charge a lot.

You're getting the Skitarii and a second dunecrawler anyway, go for the box.

I meant that grabbing some pathfinders is ridiculously expensive at 40 for just a few.

pretty sure 72~ points per battlesuit is a bit much though

>>bang on about 2018 being the year on the xenos

I feel this is over-exaggerated.
Some intern on facebook doesn't set the schedules.

I just want my fucking Tau codex reeeeeeeeee Seriously, I'm just starting 40k and would like to not be an index army when I do my first battle.

They're $30 on Amazon.

That is a lot of re-roll ones.

>I feel this is over-exaggerated.
>Some intern on facebook doesn't set the schedules.

I think you will find that this line was mentioned several time on the warhammer TV twitch channel, by several different hosts.

Elite doesn't mean you should have an absurd Lord of change sorcery tier invulnerability save

Yep. Duncan even said it on the stream too. I would like to think that Duncan would never lie to us.

The xenos releases are coming.
They'll just be the codexes though, no miniatures.

Show us where the storm shield touched you user.

At least we probably won't re-roll ones.

Thin your paints
Thin your news
Drink your paints
Drink your kool-aid

Canada is not such a nice place.

new xenos range

>1 hq

>1 troop

>1 vehicle.

ez

>implying duncan actually cares about us and isn't just in it for the money
Open your eyes user. You know it to be true.

And what's wrong with the save? How would you propose making them tough without such, piling more wounds onto them?

Just hose them down with basic weapons.

Can I please have a qt daemonette gf, /40kg/?

I just started an Ork army, their models might be 20 years old but they're all new to me

>starting to play 40k in the year of our lord 2018
>unironically playing tau

fuckoff

Here's how I went about it.

Stage 1:
two start collecting boxes built as:
1 Magos for shooting and assisting skitarii
1 Magos for fixing dunecrawlers
2 Ranger squads of 5
2 Vanguard squads of 5
Dunecrawler with neutron laser
Dunecrawler with Icarrus array

Then, I added Cawl and some Castellan Robots, which joined the Dunecrawlers in a Spearhed detachment. Since you may not want to play mars, you could replace cawl with an Enginseer.

>Liking tranny crab demon.

Is it their turn?

>Stop liking what i dont like the post

another user here that doesn't know rules for terminators.

Why not give them a special rule that if they take an unsaved wound from a weapon with AP0 D1 then they roll a die, on (something), they ignore the wound, they are now more durable to small arms fire. Other models already have rules like that that, hell, certain Tau drones have that but for unsaved wounds in general.

TTS model lines when?

I, for one, am completely happy with this.

Games workshop is finally making the game the way it was supposed to be played. It's just a more stylised version of the Horus Heresy, continuing the story of Space Marines VS. Space Marines.

Just accept that this is what the game was always supposed to be.

I got legitimately hyped for just a little bit...

2 dunecrawlers and 20 or so Skitarii is pretty standard so there's no reason not to buy a 2nd SC! box. Also you can get an Enginseer for about $11 if you're willing to buy the metal version.

Tau deserve every ounce of suffering they get.

The original post wasn't talking about 8e, it was talking about 5e where they first got access to 3++ inv saves. Terminators these days are pretty damn fragile because mortal wounds pop them and they are quite expensive.

Fuck I want a Xenos Mercenaries dex so bad
Think about it
Include some freebootaz
Kroot
Vespid
A new xenos micro faction or two
Harlequins
Ssylth
Basically make em so they dont fuck with your army wide faction bonuses and that shit would be like printing money!

>mfw Deathwing Knights

To my autism. I can’t conceive a shield giving a human the same protection than the strongest psyker daemon.

I love the xenos stuff, but it was never going to be the Hrud. They should release a box of them, so we can use them in narrative campaigns. That would be so much fun.

Demons have never really been very tough. Seriously, most of them are 'Guardsman' tough to basic weapons with that 5++.

are heavy warpflamers good on Scarab occult termies? assembling some now and on the fence about what i ought to do.

Boxes of narrative/decoration models would be dope. Servitors working, civilians, random minor xenos, serfs, etc.

you really should kill yourself

GW can barely be bothered to make codexes for the already established Xenos factions. They sure as hell aren't going to make a mercenaries codex.

Face facts, user. If you don't play Space Marines you're not getting shit.

This

Not an argument

>freebootaz
I'd rather take my Emprah's Greenest Keyword: Imperium

are the "start collecting" packs pre-painted?

He is not wrong.

Hrud are like the Legion if the Damned. Interesting in the lore, but shit on the tabletop. Their models just flat out can't represent what they're actually like.

MFW one of those fails an invuln and dies a guardsman with a meltagun.