Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

What do you fight for? Family? Community? An ideal? A god? Wealth? Fame?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/98182/ruins-of-azlant-ap-by-sq
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100007/student-council-of-thieves
archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050107a
realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/general/warweaver.shtml
d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/prestige-classes/bladecaster/
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/gifted-blade/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What oracle curse would be a neat choice to take? I like the look of powerless prophecy but I'm not sure how great it'd be.

Lootboxes

Magical treasure.

He works for the Mercane Trading Consortium as an engineer who reverse engineers ancient magical items to reconstruct them in other planes.

They figured out that when you permanently remove a lot of items and artifacts from the Prime, everyone notices.

Most people mention lewd campaigns as a sort of general concept but now I'm sitting down to write one I'm curious what more specifically it is that people would want/look for in an ERP campaign?

No no, sorry, you misunderstand. I am aware the various free dumps for Pathfinder exist, like Paizo and PFSRD. What I'm looking for is a way to put all the options for the particular books I use in one page for easier viewing, as opposed to having to flip between separate pages for separate books or having every single book ever made dumped into one gigantic list like the SRD does.

So if I put in that I'm using the Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, and Ultimate Combat, it would churn out a list of feats and features and whatnot for only those three books in one easy to view list.

To the anons who helped me flesh out the dryad race a while back, thank you all very much, the player it was for fucking loved it and I know I'm gonna have a grand old time coming up with unique situations for them (since an adventuring dryad is a pretty damn rare sight to begin with).

Waifus

It depends on the theme of your character and the campaign.

just ape the plot of any Rance game

That's exactly what the PRD does, user. It doesn't include player companions or campaign setting, but if you want all the feats from the APG you click APG and then feats on the sidebar.

Lame

A /d/M that caters to the weird stuff

I should have stated I'm going to be playing a pact wizard, not sure what school I'm picking yet, suggestions on that would be welcome aswell. I was thinking that one subschool of diviniation perhaps, that gives you the buff/debuff aura, foreseer or something similar I think it was called?

Cater to as many fetishes as possible, possibly leaving the more disturbing ones out as to not freak out any players and maintain a large fanbase. An obvious choice would be to replace certain monsters with monstergirls instead.

A Rance game would suck as a tabletop game. One asshole is either raping or cucking all the PCs.

Oracle curses are fun and full of flavor, you pretty much can't go wrong with them as long as you know what to do. Curses like Clouded Vision, for example, are better for melee types than casters.

>divination pact wizard
c'mon user

I want to bump my post from the last thread real fast, is there any way using official or DSP Psionic materials to create a "domino effect" with spells? One spell/scroll/something setting off a chain reaction?

What's the best way to make a kung fu wizard?
Like negima kung fu wizard, I wanna punch stuff magically

Powerless Prophecy seems like a good fit for a Diviner.

Is divination pact wizard busted? I honestly have no idea about how good options are, if it is I'd honestly prefer to change it, don't wanna look like a cunt. I was thinking it'd be fun with a time patron and powerless prophecy as some sort of mage who's patron lets him glimpse into the future.

Recruiting:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/98182/ruins-of-azlant-ap-by-sq

A plot that involves getting fucked by monsters but also winning

Also Recruiting:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100007/student-council-of-thieves

Literally the Sage, Troubadour, or Prodigy from spheres of might

>kobold avatar
pass

This is a reasonable statement.

He has no home to go back to. His family thinks he is dead. He has no god, for the gods abandoned his people long ago.

He fights because he must. It is all that keeps bread in his stomach, and all he has left.

He fights so good people don't have to.

First, it needs to be something that would pass on its own merits even if it wasn't lewd, or in other words something that's not using lewd as a crutch. Honestly, the actual ERP should probably be done between sessions anyway. I'd rather have a game where incredibly raunchy sex happens all the time but is usually just a fade to black or glossed over in order to keep the game moving along than one where valuable session time is wasted on a scene only one or two PCs gets to act in.

Second, no "sex mechanics". God forbid you try to use "lewd fights" with "lust points" that get depleted by "sexual attacks" or something like that.

Third, solid and consistent themes. I don't particularly care what themes you go with, that's just personal taste. But whatever they are (and you damn well better have them), stick close to them. But that's something I'd want from any game, so it doesn't count.

Fourth, powerful women like goddess, monstergrils, or PCs, who are sluts without being bimbos. But that's just one of my kinks, so that also doesn't count.

Fifth, I'd also say a generally light tone that occasionally gets serious at plot-appropriate moments... But that's usually what I look for in any game, so that too does not count.

Actually, the more I go on the more I realize I'd just want a game like any other I would enjoy playing, but with lewd included. Anyway this post ended up a complete mess of garbage but I'm posting it anyway because fuck if I'm going to delete it now. My closing advice (and possibly the only useful, concise thing I'll say in this whole dumb rambling) is that it's critical to get the right balance of "sexual stuff integrated into the game/story" and "sexual stuff kept separate from the game/story" but unfortunately the correct balance is going to be different for every person, and therefore it's extra important to screen your players well and pick a group that will be on the same page.

Please post this with the appropriate image senpai

I'm immediately wary before I even click the link because it sounds like this is another game based on school-life

>it's another weebschool game
Why do people keep trying to do this shit?

How fun is SoM Bladewalker Armiger anyway? What are good classes to gestalt it with?

I realize that for my previous idea of mercurial duelist gish, it turns out that since my only combat option is going to be iaijutsu slashing people, this is likely going to get boring fast and i was pondering just scrapping the idea

You bet it is!
The GM even specifically referred to Persona 5.

Why do they do it?

Have you applied to it yet, user?

I'm glad it was all helpful and that your player liked it. You might as well pastebin the dryad stats and put them in the link repository.

Literally just go find and ask Vult, Ikid, or Wist

>What do you fight for?
I fight for the thrill of fighting. I fight because there is no drug in existence that can compare to the feeling of breaking bones against your fists. I fight because it is the ultimate form of dominance against another, to prove that at the end of the day my physical might is superior to your magic, your money, your so-called "power".

I am no monk. I find no religion in my body, I do not believe in some mystical energy that can destroy others, and I know that I am not perfect and never will be. I am just a man who enjoys the thrill of the fight.

I'd like to know too, because I honestly and genuinely don't understand the appeal. I'm not even trying to hate on the people who do like this kind of thing; I just don't understand.

If you mean Ruins of Azlant, no. I'm still working on my app.

If you mean Student Council of Thieves, no. I'm not really interested in it.

>school setting
>minor gestalt
>"All characters *must* have some form of Dual Identity, be it through vigilante levels, minor gestalt, an archetype, the masked personae feat line, or other such things."
This all sounds familiar...

>What are good classes to gestalt it with?
Just looking at it, it seems to fit in this weird middle ground between Active and Passive class, though it definitely leans more on the Passive side

On the one hand, you could pair it with a martial class and improve your Ranged/Thrown attacks with the Warp shenanigans. On the other though, you could take another casting class and use it to improve your warp capabilities and possibly add more power to it.

Personally, I'd go with Juggler Bard or Myrmidarch Magus. Really, the best use of your abilities is to use either throws level weapons, or have some feat or talent that lets you bash people with your bow. So, I recommend looking into classes and archetypes that boost thrown weapon use

Are there any races (Themewise) you'd like to see turn up in starfinder? Robots, Undead, Plants?

Playable Eoxians would be nice.

Yeah, that seems like it would be fun (Though it's also something that Paizo is likely going to try itself, so I'm a tad hesitant to do it personally)

So I'm reading conflicting information from different sources on how the Starstone is supposed to work. Does it actually make you a god or just grant Mythic ranks? Does the Starstone itself actually give you the power or does a god do it as a reward for beating the challenge?

It does actually make you a god, that's how Cayden Cailian became one.

Reposting this from last thread, and adding an Oni girl since you sick fucks are into that stuff

--------------------------------------------

Hey 3.5 question, sorry for the out of place question, but I want an opinion on something

The spellthief, it seems like a cool class conceptually though it's obvious that it's a one trick pony and that without magic users either in your party or enemies they loses their gimmick.

Are they still an interesting class to play though? I like the idea of trying it and using the War Weaver Prestige class with it

Here are links to both classes to get a better understanding of each of them

archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050107a

realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/general/warweaver.shtml

They weren't a popular class even when 3.5 was current, so I woulndn't get my hopes up on finding someone who's played one.

Is making a Mounted Paladin without a focus on charging a poor idea

The War Weaver prestige class is good for characters that are going to be handing out buffs to their allies via spells. If you're going to play a spellthief, you're not really going to be doing that.

Also, the Master Spellthief feat from Complete Scoundrel is practically a must-have since multiclassing is king in 3.5e.

Really? Did the class just fall flat play wise because it lacked consistency or something?

That's understandable, but like right now in the group I'm with we have an arcane archer, a wizard, a cleric, a warblade and myself who is currently playing a duskblade. So I was thinking if my character dies i might make a spellthief cause I could benefit greatly from 3 casters in the party without relying on enemy casters to much because I could use my allies buffs much better than they could

Nine times out of ten, your allies can buff you just fine. You really don't need to make a spellthief for that.

If psionics is an option, I'd consider playing a psychic warrior since it can buff itself rather nicely and deals respectable damage to boot.

If psionics isn't an option, factotum would contribute more to the party than a spellthief.

What are some good traits that aren't campaign traits? Good either for being sweet flavor or really strong choices.

Well I meant in the sense I could take the buff spells from the party members then using war weaver more effectively buff the group as a whole or store the buffs for later with the magic tapestry.

If you're playing a class that doesn't get perception as a class skill, seeker is practically mandatory. It's an easy trait to give an explanation for too.

Using a trait to get perception is so old school, now that a lot of races can grab Fey Thoughts as an ART to get Perception and something else as a class skill.

Fey Thoughts?

The problem with that plan is that it'll typically take two turns to do that kind of buffing in a pinch. However, if you have prep time, this could be a non-issue.

If the wizard in your party meets the prerequisites for the war weaver prestige class, just get them to take it.

"Select two of the following skills: Acrobatics, Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Fly, Knowledge (nature), Perception, Perform, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Swim, or Use Magic Device. The selected skills are always class skills for the character."

Dwarves trade out hatred, half-elves trade out multitalented, halflings trade out fearless, gnomes, elves, and half orcs trade out their racial weapon familiarity. Humans apparently can't get it, which is news to me.

I usually take Perception and Sense Motive.

About to start a starfinder game.
Still unsure about going exocortex or drone mechanic.
What are people's experiences with either.

True, you raise a valid point and I agree with you. Though the wizard is planning on going spellsword so I don't think he'll go for it. But looking at the war weaver they can store spells ahead of time in their eldritch tapestry, so using spellthief I can take spells from the others at the beginning of the day then using war weaver distribute the spells at the beginning of combat or whenever we should need them. That's my idea at least, that way we can buff right away and I jump into combat and try to steal more spells or just help damage with sneak attack

Damn, that's a fantastic one. Especially since most of what it trades out is junk.

drone is unquestionably superior.
you will be a top tier DPS and a solid skill monkey.
make you you get hover drone rifle prof and overcharge.
overcharge yoursefl as standard action
overcharge your drone as move action

Thanks for input! I've never played a pet class before so i get time to try it out.

Any particular reason for hover drone? Or is it more game dependent?

Not who you were talking to but: Hover drone has the best dex and flight is just generally fantastically useful.

>get handed a back story
>"My ultimate goal is to make Tax Evasion the 8th deadly sin."
Is this a good or bad thing?

What's your favorite Magus archetype?

>Any particular reason for hover drone? Or is it more game dependent?
it has the best dex which means better ac and better tohit.
also it can fly which has incredible utility in most terrain types

I dunno, if the Rance was a godlike NPC and the game was about withstanding his crazy shit and the ensuing consequences, I could see it as an amusing campaign.

sounds more annoying than fun for an actual party.

Thanks again.

I was leaning toward a stealth drone and making it a mount/mechsuit for my Ysoki, but now I reckon I'll give Hover Drone a crack.

I guess I can give it some mechanical arms and the stealth skill as well if I need.

Cause like imagine at the beginning of the day if I have 5 levels of war weaver, 6 levels spellthief and the feat master spellthief.

At the beginning of the day I could take Enlarge Person, Holy Sword, Bulls Strength and Shield from the cleric, I would go for divine power but the war weaver can't use "Personal" range spells

So when we get into combat I can as a move action I can have all those spells go off and effect everyone in my party instead of the wizard or cleric wasting turns buffing multiple people with a single spell when I can take that single spell from them and have it effect multiple people?

Stealth Drone isn't bad but yeah, it's easier to get a hover drone to be sneaky than a stealth drone to fly.

Bladecaster with Elemental Flux, Riven Hourglass, or any of the disciplines from PoW:E.
>d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/prestige-classes/bladecaster/

You could also take a Psionic class like Soulknife or Psychic Warrior, and call it magical.
>d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/gifted-blade/

Humans trade out skilled for their equivelant of it, it's called fey magic for them and it's basically the fey magic all the other races get combined with fey thoughts.

Related to this, what do you think the Test of the Starstone actually entails?

It entails the holding of the beer.

There's probably multiple trials that test combat and stealth and such, but the actual test itself is the Spirit of the Starstone coming out and asking "Why should you be a god?", and the person has to justify their rationale for wanting divinity. It's incredibly hard because the stone will counter every fucking response you have with another question, and you can't simply bluff your way out of the test. If you can convince the Starstone that you deserve divinity based on your own criteria, you win. If the stone stumps you, you lose and die.

This is basically the only way I see to explain how Cayden Cailean could drunkenly pass the same test that sober and stalwart Iomedae did.

Either that or the spirit was unprepared for Cayden making a pass on it while 3 sheets to the wind.

For PF, a chance to raise his unborn child. He was pressed into service with a unit that's dedicated to holding off an army of the undead, and it was supposed to be a lifelong deal. Given we learned where the army's coming from and have a chance to stop it, there's sort of a light at the end of the tunnel.

For SF, mostly because he was hired to look after the party "leader" by his father.

Wasn't Cayden's reason for taking the test because he wanted a piece of some goddess' ass? So The starstone must have liked his gumption.

Cayden took a drunken bet while he was drinking with some friend, it then faded to black and he somehow became a deity.

Is there a consensus on the SoM classes and archetypes? I dont hear about them much

Coiled Blade Fighter is good, because it hands you a way to Swift Action move after 1-2 turns at level 3. Meaning you're literally just a regular fighter with "more feats" now. Anything that relies entirely on SoM talents sucks.

Is it worth playing after 3rd, though? You get full access to tension at 3rd, except your cap goes up as you level.

You can Iron Caster with Fighter, remember. And it stacks with the other sphere based fighter archetypes like ImPOSSIBLE Warrior in the playtest, which is a MAJOR buff for survivability since it let's you become a PARRY God and Parry spells

>>And it stacks with the other sphere based fighter archetypes like ImPOSSIBLE Warrior in the playtest
Coiled Blade conflicts with Impressor, Spirit Wielder and War Hero. Impossible warrior is the only sphere archetype it stacks with.

It's still a good archetype to stack with

I must have gotten them mixed up

>Iron Caster
> ImPOSSIBLE Warrior
What are these from?

This guy definitely mostly just fought for adventure, fun, and to perfect his way of fighting. He was a jolly guy in a gestalt game that was essentially another "trapped in an MMORPG" type of plot, and he loved it. He was a quiet type of smart jock growing up but never really felt like he fit in. In his adulthood he just worked in some decently paying job and kept to himself. He would go jogging to stay in shape but spent the rest of his free time playing an MMORPG he loved. Once he was transported into the game he decided he wanted to stay there, but stuck with his companion (who wanted to leave) due to friendship. In the end he wanted to start a dojo in-game to teach his particular blend of fighting styles.

Sadly the campaign ended due to various shenanigans in the party, namely the Harrowed Deck of Many Things and the GM being unable to keep up with well made Gestalt Pathfinder characters.

I heard that one of the Adventure Paths has a trap that forces an unlucky PC into a woman's body. Is this true? Is there really a magical realm in official products?

Kind of, I think it's from Shattered Star and it basically reincarnates you into a copy of the female runelord if you die

Yes, I triggered it and the GM had to retcon my PC dying, because another player sperged the fuck out over him being "forced into a body he wasn't comfortable in".

Yes, your character gets sucked into a duplicate body of one Runelord, maybe Sorshen or Alaznist. Had a run where the Dwarf Barbarian ended up failing one of the two saves so he ran around as a Human then onwards. I believe he would've died had he failed the second save.

Isn't that your call, though?

You would think that, but no. On the bright side, still got to keep the body in a different way, even if nothing about my PC directly changed. soul-splicing a piece of yourself to effectively drop a cloned mind into the body was fine, apparently.

>players sperg out

sounds pretty faggy

>Is there really a magical realm in official products?
There's magical realm all over the place in official products.