Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1980: It's Too Early for This Edition:

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

vlxs.github.io/p5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Jumpchain
Ugh.

Man, what bad timing.

Anyway, quick progress update on Feng Shen Ji: I didn't get much done over the holidays because of sudden parties and gatherings and such. But besides that, I decided to split up "Origins" into "History" and "Role", shuffling around, deleting and adding some origins. I'll need to come up with full item- and (double) perk-lines for everything marked with an asterisk, so it might take awhile. Good news is, I have up to the 12th basically free, and as far as I know all the people who'd want to bug me are either gone or satisfied. This is what the revised lines look like:

_Race_
Human
Dark One
God
Citizen of Wan Qu

_Power_
Divine Power
Smelting Aura
Soul Power
Mantra

_History_
-Human
Kingdom of Zhou*
Emperor Zhou's Rebellion*
-Dark Ones
-Citizen of Wan Qu
-God
Tian's Faction
Heretic/Fallen Ones

_Role_
Wanderer
Leader* Bai Yu, NiTian, Ah Gou, Tian
Warrior
Scholar* Ah Gou, MuWu
Servant

The new lines are pretty new, though, so there's not yet that much for them (with the exception of the 800 CP capstone item for Rebellion, Mystic Beast Arms and Armor). So if there's anything you'd like to see, those are almost completely undecided as of now; though the spoilers are the directions I'm leaning towards, none of it's set in stone. Anywho, just thought I'd check in.

How many of you name/tripfags even browse Veeky Forums outside of this thread?

None of them. It's an embarrassment.

What /did/ you guys do during RWBY, anyway?

Hard mode: describe something besides who you slept with.

>implying it's a deep enough or good enough setting for anything but shallow relationships
Wew.

What's the best way to completely eliminate the drawbacks of Hellsing vampirism?

Have you tried not being a little bitch?

Most of the old ones also posted in /cyoag/ and its other spinoffs, but many of them are gone. Cracker_Jack probably browses /pfg/, and honestly I doubt any of them had their names on in the other threads they browse, anyway.

I saw a familiar art style in the drawthread once, but I can't be sure, and I think someone from here was also in Hektor Heresy when that was still a thing?

I detailed everything by mixing it with The Heathers and turning it into a massive high school musical with occasional rumbles with the monster girl school across town. The ridiculous weapons because transforming cosmetics kits.

Yang has the best singing voice.

Detailed = derailed.

No, they're completely different things.

>combining Jumps
That actually reminds me of an idea I had once. I keep putting it off writechain-wise because it's kind of stupid, but I like it.

I occasionally look through the image threads and check in on /cyoag/ to see if there's anything good.

Originally I was going to side with Oz and try to get rid of the Grimm, but the heroes have gotten to be so boring and ineffective that I'm thinking about siding with Salem and taking Cinder as a companion.

You're completely unmemorable, as a person and as a jumpmaker.

I was a totally-not-a-Jinchuriiki.

Because, turns out, being able to create/control/convert Grimm both makes you a invaluable strategic asset, and also makes absolutely /everyone/ treat you like you were the freaking Antichrist. Go figure.

Bancho RPs as a jumper in some other threads.

I figured it was a reasonable question, but never mind then.

Go for it. Even the stupid ideas can surprise you. I sure as hell didn't combine RWBY and The Heathers because I wanted to get something serious. There's nothing wrong with indulging a stupid idea.

And I gave a reasonable answer. It ceases to be a problem as soon as you ascend from bitchhood.

Acted like the Gaston the setting is missing, pretend to be racist towards Faunus while simultaneously hitting on Worst Girl Blake, helped Jaune both in combat and in teaching him how to get a girl.
You know, the usual.

>asking questions
>in /jc/

First, second, AND third mistake.

PrincessAnon visits the Towergirls thread for sure.

I know.

Probably by taking a perk that gets rid of racial weaknesses. Sorry about the cunts that answered you before.

You an SBer?

>Probably by taking a perk that gets rid of racial weaknesses.
*ahem*

...Such as those which exist in Tsukuhime, Dies Irae, Jorge Joestar, Monogatari, and Justice League Dark.

You an SBer?

Who's askin'?

Go fuck yourself you arrogant little pisshead. Suggest them yourself first instead of acting like the childish little shit you are next time.

Really? If your answer to "how do I do thing" is "probably by taking a perk which does thing" you're hardly any more helpful than the people you're criticizing.

And I /did/ suggest them myself, for the record. Also, cool your jets, nigga. Remember this is a self-insert Mary Sue imagination game. No need to act like a dick over something so meaningless.

I browse the art threads sometimes, CYOAgen from time to time since normal ones are fun too, whatever catches my interest when I'm bored. Almost never actually post though.

Says the guy going "Ahem" to other people instead of just answering the question. Had to add that little bit of faggotry on top of yourself, didn't you? Don't spout off about not being a dick when you chose to be one in the first place hypocrite.

I do! I also go to /co/, too, and I occasionally browse some other boards to see if there's anything eye-catching.

Started my own team with my companions from Resident Evil, the T-800, and Eileen the Crow. Derailed the plot somewhat by going after Cinder and her lackeys with extreme prejudice; which kept Vale from falling. Likely got confused by several lore dumps. Near the end of the ten years Eileen decided to stay at Beacon and became a teacher instead of moving on.

I didn't sleep with anyone except for my waifu from Resident Evil.

People generally don't respond well to the grammar nazi (Or whatever kind of literary nazism this is meant to be) that you were doing.

Spam inferno dividers
Too many different leaks, I just want Bang and Jubei in Xtag

Fine, I apologize. It wasn't my intent to be a dick. Though it honestly seems like you're making a mountain out of a molehill, here.

I swear I had my image up

>No need to act like a dick over something so meaningless.

Clearly you haven't been here long.

All you need to do is sneeze and somebody starts screeching at you.

Seriously what did you expect to happen when you're going UM AKSHUALLY to someone? When has someone ever thought that was not a dick move?

Your reply was literally worthless so he's not wrong.

Great, another pointless argument because some guys have to make fucking insults at each other instead of just answering someone normally.

Ripped and tore the Grimm until it was done (read: exterminated) and then set up and ran a bar and grill.

Great, another pointless thread because some guys have to discuss shit CYOAs with each other instead of just living life normally.

>living life normally
>he says, in a thread that might be full of actual philosophical zombies

Have you seen what's happening in real life

I want the CYOA because it beats politics and threat of war (even if one side's busy accidentally bombing their own cities).

Fair nuff

How can I be sure that I'M not a p-zombie?

You can't.

If it makes you feel any better, we're much more likely to die from a random outbreak born of a mutated super virus than war is to break out.

My jumper isn't talking about it. The only thing he said was "You couldn't roll an eight, noooo, it had to be a seven." Then he flipped me the bird and stomped off towards the liquor cabinet.

I'm sure he'll get over it soon and tell me what happened.

Surely there's a perk for that

Or a meteor strike, wandering black hole, spontaneous strange matter generation, supervolcanic eruption, gamma ray burst, the stars being right... any number of horrible fates, really.

Ah, had to swim to shore, did he?

>spoiler
Friendly reminder that your "god" got wrecked by a steamboat

Before I become much more sleep deprived than I already am, I wanted to pop in the thread for some advice on my perk writing.

Even people who only took a casual glance at my KS7 jump could see that I have problems with being succinct. Could someone point me towards some jumps that are really good about getting their point across without being too-wordy or oversimplifying? Mainly in terms of perk and item descriptions.

Figured it might help me if I have a point of reference for this kind of thing as I'm writing up Amazing Island. It's a much simpler setting than KS7, so I can't really afford to pull the same shit I did with that.

To be completely honest, the concept of a "good" jumpmaker is laughable. You people are making outlines and then filling them in with minimal exposition (ideally), that are meant almost solely to be shopping lists of whatever notable things appear in a given setting. Wow, so a given description of someone else's idea is tho muth more (((interesting))) and (((useful))) compared to another person's idea. That's all you need for a masterpiece, folks. This is such an excellent indicator of ability and skill, that you can actually rank certain outline writers over others based on subjective, broad trends. This is so fucking dumb, and yet you have people who pride themselves for their "skill" in jumpmaking. Who tie their self-worth to how random Anonymous jackasses "criticize" their work (I say "criticize" because how many people really improve in writing-or anything really for something so hollow as "make this a bit more expensive" or "this is too OP" or "this is way too cheap"... Exactly. It's useless). And their supporters get "hyped" to see whatever they shit out in their next outline. I don't know whether it's hilarious, or sad and pathetic.

boop

Oh yeah, for sure. But I'm talking about the most likely apocalyptic event. We have really garbage fail-safes in place for dealing with quickly-spreading outbreaks. Combine that with how many people move between every corner of the globe every single day and how quickly some infections can evolve past their treatments and you're looking at a modern day black-plague that could very likely happen any day now.

Hell, Bill Gates considers it the greatest risk we face after consulting with a lot of experts and is sinking obscene amounts of money into trying to fix the problems.

Shut the fuck up, OAA.

I'd say this is bait but you're completely right.

truth

Why do you like being negative instead of positive?

Because the people in these threads are unfathomably gullible, and can be baited time and time again, no matter how many times it happens, with seemingly no loss in effectiveness.

Yeah, but why does that entertain?

You can't seriously be asking this question.

I browse /pfg/, /cyoag/ and go through the regular threads once or twice a day. Lurking mostly.

Just so you're aware, someone did claim a Payday jump a long time ago. However, this was far enough back that me going 'man, they've been gone a year, I should make my own' and then completely failing to do anything on that front happened over a year ago.

Okay but which namefag are you

I recall this. The guy said that his computer died and then fell off the face of the earth. I was honestly looking forward to seeing something from him.

[dallas screaming]

I'm here, /cyoag/, and any random thread that catches my attention. I know I've accidentally forgotten to remove my trip in other threads before, hell I did it yesterday.
I'm also regularly on /co/ and /a/.

Ugh. Formatting in WIPs is a pain.

None of them. I haven't made any jumps other than that one attempt.

Um. Hang on a sec. "Hey! Jumper! Back in RWBY, did you have to swim?"

>sound of muffled words

"I didn't catch that!"

>more muffled words

"Speak up, Jumper! We're the only ones here!" Technically you anons aren't here, right?

>bellow of "I SAID, I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO SWIM!"

... oh. Yeah. That was one of his early jumps. Um. I should go. Don't tell anyone, 'kay?

If you buy into it the weaknesses go away post-jump.

>4th wall RPing
Water you doing?

I mean you're right, but you're still kind of a jackass for feeling the need to point out something that was pretty much implicit to everybody except five or six shits who feel the need to splurge about it.

Alrighty then, thanks for the information. I'll get back to working on it.
>puns

You're not right but debating it with you is pointless because you're not actually doing this for any reason but to cause shit for others. You don't actually care whether it's true or not.

I think we've gotten to the point where the only thing we can talk about rationally is waifus.

Being a good jumpmaker is more a matter of effort than skill, correct. But there are very few people willing to put in the effort to make a good jump. Many SB jumpmakers are pretty good examples of this. Blackshadow's work, for example, definitely runs the gamut of quality.

>talk about rationally
>waifus
Nigga that's not even possible outside of this thread.

>SB being anything short of a powergrab
Fuck off.

what happened to red being obsessed with balance? How did we even allow half of the shit Val puts in?

no u

That's my point. If SB jumpmakers weren't so lazy, obviously making jumps to acquire specific things, their drive might have been worthwhile.

dunno

Because other people put in just as broken bullshit that no one pays attention to because most people that aren't super well known get stuff by easily and since Val is one of the seemingly few people to actually read every jump that gets made, she can easily point out when other people have given precedence for her to do something and shut down arguments against her doing something.

Basically if you complaint it's your fault for being a lazy idiot and not putting in effort to address the problem at the root.

>I think we've gotten to the point where the only thing we can talk about rationally is waifus.
Seras Victoria

>(((word)))

What's with the multiple nested parentheses?

Objectively correct

vlxs.github.io/p5/

I think it's a /pol/ thing. Meant to refer to (((them))), which is the jewish conspiracy and (((their))) actions.

It's a way of naming the jew. For example: I wonder (((who))) did this, Written by (((Harvey Weinstein))), etc.

Oh fuck off with that logic
>Someone made a jump that was poorly balanced so that means I can too!
Are you a preschooler or something?

Terminal (((autism))).
Wait.
OH NO–

I guess we're all Jews now.

You know browsing /pol/ too much have caused me to imagine those parenthesis and someone saying "Oy vey" every time I see a "berg" or a "stein" in a surname

I actually really like Chihaya but I'm the only human being alive that does.

Nah it's just general SB attitude, they want any excuse they can powergame everything.

>futaba
>S-tier

Not even talking about that. There's plenty of very powerful jumps that aren't poorly balanced but do just...happen to not mention the exact power levels. This was pretty common early on. We've had easy planet busting since Tenchi came out with the tree ships and it's even fairly well known but the jump definitely doesn't go to any lengths to point out that the ships have that power. We've had multiverse busting since Umineko came out but the jump definitely doesn't detail just how powerful some options actually are there.

You can call them poorly balanced if you want but there are more than a few well received jumps or jumps that just weren't given any attention when posted that have gotten on the drive and have very powerful things well before Val started making powerful jumps. It's a trend that extends way beyond that one person you don't like, the only difference with Val is that she's just more visible.