Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Urban Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

Elune bless night elf civilization and night elf music.

> you'll never live forever
Must feel pretty bad. Enjoy the music while you can.

You can roll in your leaves and bay at the moon like wolves do. Meanwhile, I'll be getting a beautiful tan and ensuring my people never go starving ever again.

Just wanted to stop by to point out that Void Elves only look as edgy as you wish to make them.

If someone turns this thread into faction shitflinging I will be very cross.

If we got some big timeskip and came back to a more technologically advanced, urbanized Azeroth, that might be cool. We got kind of a glimpse of what that might be like with the Mean Streets of Gadgetzahn material in hearthstone.

It could be some thing kinda like shadowrun, but more steampunk or dieselpunk instead of cyberpunk. Maybe make the "war" in warcraft more of a cold war. I'd play it.

Eat a sandwich, bitch. That is not a good look for you.

>no big tiddy goth gf

Woah hostile much.
You can just go on Wowhead to design your own perfect elf waifu if you don't like mine.

Man, those 5e races are a bit weird

I mean, most of them make sense, although I'd probably give Tauren an extra hit point per level rather than the natural weapons. Tauren don't really use their horns for combat. But the trolls are fucking insane

Reminder that Blood Elves nearly got wiped out by a turbo-autist prince.

I remember playing in a forum RP once in a timeskipped Azeroth where the Alliance and Horde of the past finally had their proverbial angry hatesex to get their frustrations with each other out of their system and teamed up to take down a new superbad and ensure peace on Azeroth. It was a fully modern, urbanized future where blood elves were going to college and taurens were hanging out in the park feeding pidgeons and stuff like that. Naturally, it never went anywhere, but it was interesting to see.

Can't wait to finally make a tired old elf who has no time for bullshit

Was I the only person playing a blood elf who felt a little odd giving the Nightfallen that mana?

>forum RP

It wasn't ACUTALLY autism. Arthas was just a bad person in general. Heis just bad at working with other people and tends to jump to conclusions.

It was ages ago, cut me some slack.

Forum RP and email RP are for high IQs btw

>t. Lordaeronian

Acshully, it was the High Elves that were nearly wiped out by Arthus, ofc the Blood Elves are a completely different race and therefore never lost to any humens, Lok'Tar zugzug.

Kael and his followers are not true Blood Elves either. And neither are Garrosh' spies. Which is why we must retaliate against the genocide of the Blood Elves by Jaina Dreadlord in Dalaran. Time and again the humans cannot be trusted much as Garithos imprisoned the Blood Elves and Prince Kael.

Why do you have Arthas there and not Kael'thas?

I don't know if anybody told you but Jaina /gquit about two years ago

Cause when Menethil told Arthas he was proud of him today on the day of Arthas becoming a Paladin, Arthas immediately thought, "Wow dad, you were never proud of me before this day?"

When Uther helped Arthas against the undead and told Arthas that Arthas did a good job holding on and it was lucky that Uther came in, Arthas snapped, "Wow I did what I could stop lecturing me!"

When Jaina told Arthas that following Mal'ganis was an obvious trap (like come on, even a monkey would know that), Arthas replied, "You betrayed me Jaina."

literally a turbo autist, and all of it is somewhat realistic. Kael'thas' sudden turn to villainy was just Blizz being a numbnut.

Is there any point to rp on a server if you don’t pvp? Feel like I’ll grt beat up by all the arena geared high levels.

Most roleplayers don't care about in-game mechanics.

I know they renamed themselves "blood elves" as a mark of what had happened to them with Arthas and the Scourge, but I feel like it made more sense in WCIII when it was implied they were all refugees. Now they have their city and land under control and running well again (or they would if not for "it'd be too much time/resources to update things" stasis), don't you think it'd eventually stop being such an immediate thing, and the name would start feeling sort of dumb?

I mean, imagine if german jews had started calling themselves "blood jews" after WWII. How would they feel now?

People who RP duels/fights/brawls/etc don't use the actual in-game duel function. They just RP it with emotes.

>Blood Elves just up and start calling themselves High Elves again
>remain loyal to the Horde
>Screams of Silver Covenant fans in the distance

They're still blood elves because now the name continues as a mark of the mistakes they made taking mana from demons

>shadowcraft: cold war edition

yes please

Is that why both the Chinese Nationalists and Communists have a red flag? Because of how many of them the Japanazis killed?

Is it just me or does the Horde seem to have a thing for demons?

But what happens when that one guy does tell you to duel him outside of the city, what then?

>"blood jews"
Literally Israel.

Bad guy npcs have to stick together.

I only RP during BG's because the alternative is too asinine.

Dubs speak the truth. Probably why its looking like we get demon load suckers vs I feel so hollow faggots in RvB.
Only upside is that the Horde gets two magical crack addict races.

Both of whom successfully kicked their habit either before or shortly after they joined the Horde.

Now that we're going for World War over Sylvanas being a cunt, why are the Blood Elves still Horde aligned?

Garithos was literally just some Lordaeron cunt who got himself killed, but why sacrifice your entire race in a hopeless fight against glorious best cutie Anduin? Just to protect bitchface Sylvanas?

They just keep taking away the interesting flaws.

No, Communist flags are red in memory of all their people Communism killed.

>He doesn't know
Blood Elves have a restored Sunwell thanks to an Alliance racial leader, the Nightborne are cured due to some Night Elf druidfag taking extreme pity on them. Horde got as many magic addicts as Alliance have breathing addicts.

Because Jaina killed and imprisioned the blood elves in her city in the name of the Alliance.

During the hidden negotiations to put the elves back in the Alliance.

Let's wait until the book comes out before we decide why it starts.

We all know it's Old God fuckery, let's be real now.

Not really, it's just the elves and orcs. And Garrosh purged most of the NPC orc warlocks in the Horde.

How "legit" warlocks are seems to have changed significantly over the course of the game. In vanilla there was still some sense of them operating in the shadows and concealing their powers. It makes sense that as big threats came along they got more and more tolerated, but I like when we get hints of them still being a bit outcast.

If the big bad world-ending threats stopped coming, I wonder how long they'd continue being allowed? Continuing political tensions could support them for a while (if you restrict your warlocks maybe they defect to the people who don't), but eventually people would stop putting up with them. The ones who had good records would probably be given the chance to renounce the dark powers and try be regular mages or something, but that probably wouldn't be very successful.

Maybe the warlocks and demon hunters would all go live on tol barad or something, being each others' not-jailers in a big comfortable not-prison that they can leave whenever they like so long as they don't try to leave.

>Why are the Blood Elves still Horde aligned?
Because the Alliance gave up on asking them to join, seeing as how they're a race of filthy collaborators that would rather die in the streets of Dalaran than be incarcerated by those they snidely consider their lessers.
Alleria made one last attempt and all she found were the people Silvermoon exiled for "crimes" far lesser than they themselves had committed.
The Blood Elves BELONG in Sylvanas' "Horde".

Did Jaina always have big tits?

>:(

The Alliance never asked them to join

Ever

The closest anything of the sort got to happening is when Lor'Themar considered asking for a separate peace with the Alliance because Garrosh was being a fuckwit, then the divine bell thing happened and killed that notion

They used to be even bigger.

That's because they really did assist fuckboy Garrosh using their assets in the city. But that doesn't leave them hostile to the Golden-boy Anduin led Alliance.

Fair enough really. Anyone who reads up on Sylvanas' resume and decides that's a bitch worth following is just moments away from falling to Void/Fel/Old God influence anyway.

Huge. Her leaving him could be counted as one of the reasons he became a death knight.

Don;t you men Two VERY big reasons?

Ah Distant-Camera-Tits How huge you are up close.

>Never asked to join
>What is Lor'thefuck "I may reconsider old Alliances, "I'd rather jump ship than stay and fix things"" Theron and Varian "I'm going to ruin the Alliance by letting these cowards into our fold" Wrynn
>What is Alleria Windrunner coming to Silvermoon in BfA for one last time to ask Theron to abandon her mad sister
You're only reinforcing my point that belf apologists are unapologetic lorelets.

Tiny butt though. I'm willing to bet her butt is bigger now that she's older and angrier.
Arthas confirmed not an ass-man.

Imagine playing a blood elf and knowing you're pretty much the gullible pussies of the high elf remnants and the real high elves never left the Alliance to sniff magic dust with Kael in the first place.

Right

So the conclusion is reached, everyone in the blood elf debacle is a fucking idiot

The humans are idiots for kicking them out and then not asking them back when they could, the orcs are idiots for abusing the alliance they had with them, and the blood elves are idiots for not abandoning ship

Also Alleria is an idiot for asking to come back to silvermoon when it's a known fact that void shit messes with the sunwell and she is now a living blob of void shit

This is what shitters on RP servers actually believe

Jaina and Liadrin are the only wise people involved in current Blood Elf lore and it's only a matter of time until Blizzard decides to ruin them both.

I miss when WC3 characters weren't all unlikable morons

Remember when Sylvanas was only kind of insane instead of totally mad?

Rememebr when Thrall didn't intentionally screw over the Horde?

Remember when Jaina was the voice of reason in an ocean of warmongers?

Remember when Cairne was alive?

Remember when Tyrande was, admittedly, still an idiot, but also kickass?

Why the fuck does Blizzard hate WC3 so much?

>people arguing over Belf vs Helf
>not realizing both are shitters living on land that isn't theirs

"B...B...uuttt they attacked fiiirrrsstttt..."

>Attacking people for trespassing gives you the right to steal all of someone's land and desecrate their sacred places

I shiggy diggy

No it's what the weirdos who think that because they're pretty they must be on the pretty side with the other pretty races think. Still butthurt over no playable high elves

They're probably going to ruin Anduin this expansion. Something, anything, just to make everyone else wrong and Sylvanas right.

Humans >>> Trolls. We are the descendants of the Keepers, and chosen of the Titans. It is our charge to defend Azeroth and her species - your attack of the Elves was nothing but a bloodthirsty vendetta and when disciplined, you chose to side with an alien invasion. You should be ashamed.

It's not that Sylvanas is right. It's that Sylvanas wins.

They chose to side with those that fought against their ancient enemies. "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" and all that

Now the jungle trolls on the other hand, they fought against the orcs at first. In fact the first Azerothian forces to actually fight the orcs were jungle trolls

I've never understood those people. They always try to take some moral highground

>w-we actually belong with the bad boys
No one thinks you're cool belfies.

>broken, deformed, Old God corrupted Vrykul with zero knowledge of their former purpose
>having any real claim to Titan favor

Real Titan herald coming through.

>implying the Kalimdor Horde are bad
Remove Forsaken and Belves and you have yourselves a Good faction. Goblins for all the shit people talk about them are generally ok people, although Steamwheedle, Noggenfogger and Gazlowe are significantly better than Bilgewater and Gallywix.

Can you really call the Orcs good? They were awfully quick to reorganize themselves into a fel-free slaughterforce.

Why would anyone try to take the moral high ground of either side when Blizzard changes characters' personalities and agendas to suit whatever the half-baked story of the day is?
Character assassination in WoW happens nearly as often as actual assassination.

They've just got seriously low IQ and a persecution complex the size of two-three planets. Wanting to fight shit doesn't make you evil in Warcraft; by that metric everyone would be evil. What separates the Belves and Forsaken is they don't even have a morality to evaluate, because they're "perfect pragmatists" and "evil pragmatists" respectively.

Pretty much this.

Why people feel the need to make sure they morally superior to others when the story takes random twists every ten seconds and retcons every twenty is beyond me.

One thing I never got, since Communists were blamed for the famines and starvation in their regimes, how come the British Government doesn't get blamed for Bengal and Ireland having mass starvations during their famines?

Because from Cataclysm onward there's a real, justifiable fear that if people don't oppose it at every turn the writers WILL shit up Alliance lore like they did the Horde, and opening every argument with "We value our morality" has worked out pretty well so far.

This is seriously not a Warcraft related question. If you must know, it's probably because Britain is a western liberal democracy and so there's an illusion of everything being everyone's fault.

Democracy is clearly infallible. At least the Swedish monarchical regime was clearly blamed for the plight and famine of Finland during the 1600s.

Hey it's a question in response to another response that was a response to a question about an example someone used in this Warcraft thread.

So fuck off.

>Allyfags obnoxiously derail every thread with shit about how they're morally justified to do literally anything to the Horde because they're afraid of getting their own Garrosh

But... that's already happened

The humans have become ludicrously dominant, and Varian turned into a blue warchief. Killing Varian changed nothing and now it just looks like Anduin will be the next blue warchief. Also the more morally questionable aspects of the faction were either turned into raid bosses or swept under the rug

When and why did the Alliance turn into the Blue Horde?

When everyone suddenly decided Varian was in charge of the whole thing

Before Cataclysm, the Alliance was actually an "Alliance", that is to say, no one race within it was in charge of the others

We got a Blue Warchief, but they watered down the whole needless aggression thing.

I personally like the horde races more other than Dwarves being pretty high up on my list, but the writing for them on the top-down "Major leaders and plotpoints" level has been 80% shit.

I really don't like playing horde post Kosaklysm because I don't like following a bioterrorist in a bikini. (And corset now.)

When people say "Blue Horde" they're usually referring to the "High King" position.

It's seen by many as cheapening Alliance lore to give them a "Warchief" to lead the whole faction instead of having the Alliance be an equal power, well, Alliance of separate races.

The fact that both High Kings so far were human only increases it.

Would you want another Garrosh?

How much I like a race in Warcraft is pretty much inversely proportional to how much attention Blizzard gives them

Same rule also applies to major characters

Fuuuucccccccck no.

Which is exactly why we Hordefags defend Sylvanas. Because we don't want ANOTHER "Horde is the bad guys plot". It's less any real appreciation for her character and more a desperate hope.

>horde baby has to project everything on allyfag strawman
Every fucking thread.

You forgot
"My father once told me the world was gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed" -Jaina Proudmoore

On the other hand, a vindictive part of me would love to see all the idiots who believe that "Horde is the bad guys" bullshit deal with the Alliance being the clear villains for an expansion or 2

>But... that's already happened
Not really.
>The humans have become ludicrously dominant,
That's a good thing. It's the Human Alliance, see Warcraft 3 manual. Different kingdom at the lead, same race.
>Varian turned into a blue warchief
Maybe so, but he's dead now.
>now it just looks like Anduin will be the next blue warchief
Anduin has more king-like qualities than Varian did. If you're upset the Human Alliance has a primary leader figure, then that's retarded since we have nearly double the amount of active leaders than the Horde and Anduin doesn't just use them as tools like Garrosh and Sylvanas.
>Also the more morally questionable aspects of the faction were either turned into raid bosses or swept under the rug
Provide examples.

Other than maybe Khadgar, Magni, and Brann. Those three usually turn out fine despite showing up quite a bit.

Even if Khadgar is a pretty shit wizard.

I wouldn't WUITE call it a derail but yes there is a lot of concern raised over it.

I just want her to fuckin retire. Reveal one of the Scourge-Val'kyr's been mindefucking her so she's not put on trial, hell even subtly imply she set up her last Val'kyr as a scapegoat to get off without consequences so people can have smaller shitstorms about it but never quite so big as the existing ones.

Hey asshole, I'm the guy who gave you that >57281707 pic, remember? I don't have to dig up a new one for my posts if you're late to the thread. Find a new pic if you have to just don't use the MoP one, it's ugly.

I literally made a note to myself to fix that WUITE into QUITE, shouldn't be posting at 5:25.

>that's a good thing
Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei, and Worgen fans don't play the game because they like Humans. They play because they like those races. They shouldn't have to constantly play second fiddle.

Same reason Troll, Forsaken, Belf, Tauren, and Goblin players shouldn't be forced to play second fiddle to the Orcs, though admittedly it's not AS big a problem Horde-side.

Jaina was the voice of reason until Garrosh happened to Theramore.

Yeah

See how they went out of there way to destroy a beloved character from WD3?

I mean, it's at least better than what happened to Thrall, at least they bothered to give a reason as to why her personality was killed and replaced with a different one, but still, shit writing to have it happen at all

New Allied Race: Bunch of decent Nightelves force-transformed into Saytr, trying not to slip into sucking Fel/Void cock while reconnecting to Nature and Elune and shit. (...Ignoring that one Cata Ashenvale quest where a repentant/unwilling Satyr tore out his own heart in an act of faith and was cured. I don't actually remember if he survived that cure I *THINK* he did.)
How bad a shitstorm would that be?
I just like the visual design of Warcraft Satyr so damn much, especially the two different Blue-orange contrast versions.

Horde Side it's more playing Third Fiddle to the Orcs who are playing Second Fiddle to the Forsaken, or maybe the forsaken are Second Fiddle to Sylvie alone.

I'd honestly rate that worse.

>Why the fuck does Blizzard hate WC3 so much?
Because they had several years of MUH WARCRAFT TWOOO and are now sorta stuck with it.