Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

"Why even bother? It's always more fucking marines" Edition

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/new-year-new-armies-reveals-new-years-open-day/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=QnEanO1QT4o

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and Such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Fucking bananas.

Heres how they are making them.

More like butthurt npc edition

Why do we always need a new thread when the old one is only on page 7?

>ynnari lose the ability to act in the opponent's turn
>sisters of battle gain it

Hmmm, are you ready for the great WAACfag migration to the sisters of battle, and resultant plastic sisters?

Fulgrim: The Palatine Phoenix share anyone?

xth for Forces of Ynnari Codex with epic aeldari event

Get fucking hype, lads

FUCKING BANANAMEN GO AWAY NOBODY WANTS ADEPTUS CUSTARD FUCK ME UP THE BUM WITH A POWER SWORD I JUST WANT SOME FUCKING INQUISITION SHIT!

Best custodes

>FUCK ME UP THE BUM WITH A POWER SWORD
I too am patiently waiting for the slaanesh release, user

What're you working on today 40kg?

Chores, may do some Painting of Immortals today.
Also Theory crafting an intercessor/hellblaster spam list as I got some for Christmas and it would probably perform better then what I normally do.

Can someone explain the point of pheromone trail to me after the errata? It seems that any unit you deep strike can already do so at 9 inch range, so what does spending the command point get you?

Playing Total War.
I'll try to work on something later.

Forgot to attach pic of my own project

Watch deep space 9.

Eschers.
Don't think I'll bother painting the Goliaths, I'll just wait for Orlocks and sell the Goliaths.

nnnnneeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrrr

I blame myself for this. I bought the Know No Fear box. I encouraged GW to make nothing but more Marines. As far as they can tell, only Marines sell.

I've learned my lesson, though. Only getting Marines from eBay. Buying only xenos from GW from now on.

God I want one of those fat noble models.

Magnus and Mortarion can deep strike, what the fuck?

EXCUSE ME user

But what you mistakenly call bananas are now referred to as the archeofruit baenaenae.

t. GW legal

Well, Mortarion does have wings.

Ay my recast china bananas are legit.

the codex: chaos daemons supplement is basically just a single stratagem for use by waacfags.

Sadly that's also the only stratagem worth a damn (unless you play against gay nights) for players who like fun too.

Where would you get one of those anyway? I dont even know what its called to search on ebay for.

Painting up my 9 Dark Reapers and 9 Shining Spears conversions, finishing painting Yvraine, converted Farseer Skyrunner. They're all Dark Eldarified;
Reapers are Kabalite torsos with executioner delf heads, reaper launcher from Autarch kit Recasted.
Spears and Farseer are using old Reaver jetbikes, new Reaver Jetbikes and old Kabalite heads, still need to find a lance arm I like but using Dragon Prince lances at the moment.
Farseer is on an old Reaver, with some of the Yncarne swirl for crackling power effect.

Don't know how to make dark eldar Spiritseer yet but I need 2.

Can Mortarion get the -1 to hit within 7" Warlord trait? Isn't that fucking ridiculous with Miasma of fucking Pestilence?

Would it be cool if I convert this dude to have a Custodian Guard Captain as a rider, and some Custodian-style armour to the griffon as well as some other 40k thingy like a bionic eye and/or augmentation?

Magnets

Carcharodons

Stripping down 10 metal Sternguard

Containing my absolute and utter disappointment.

cant remember I believe they are older version of regimental advisors

Taking this army against broodlords, genestealers galore, and a trygon later.

Trying to think of how to not be tabled by turn 3. Shoot genestealers as much as possible and tie up the trygon with the ccb prolly

As a name character he probably has an assigned warlord trait. He will however benefit from any nurgle daemon spells and auras

sisters of battle.

You mean RIP AND TEAR Marines, no?

SHOW ME OLD TYRANID MODELS.

As a Tyranid player, how do i handle a deep striking mortarion fucking up my exocrines?

No.
No.

>018.M3
>More fucking marines.
>mfw this is supposed to be the year of the Xeno

Are Salamanders black because their Geneseed, or are they black because they come from Nocturne?

>more marines

every single time.

Bog him down with gaunts so he doesn’t assault anything important.

IIRC its supposed to be from nocturne. But this has been fucked up so many fucking times now who knows.

His mortarion can stay safe in reserve until he gets rid of the gaunts

Any tips on white custodes armor?

spore mine bubble wrap with the stratagem.

Thin your paints then thin them again. Start with grey pray to duncan.

Thanks, will plan accordingly

CONFIRMED.

Slather then in OIL brother.

god damn just die be'lacuk

Just wait till Perturabo or Lorgar come out.

8e confirmed to be a bad edition.

Can you start with tan? I painted the pants of my models tan and I want to update them to white because I think they'd look better.

RIP Ku'Gath [*]

They're a lot more then that actually. McNivven gave them a very interesting philosophy, with a certain tranquility, stillness, to balance the bloodthirsty moment. Their veterans are noted to be FELT as bloodthirsty and considered outsiders because of that, compared to normal void brothers.

>"Why even bother? It's always more fucking marines" Edition
There are more individual Space Marine HQ models than most armies have units.

I haven't successfully painted white. It always looks to thick. I'm not sure but I imagine some of the tan will come through, so if you want a colder white, it may not work. But as I said painting white is too hard for me.

He won't have much of an army beside mortarion then.

Ready the rocks, brother lizard.

THOUSAND SONS CODEX
I CAN USE MUH MUTALITH
I CAN USE MUH TZAANGORS

MUH PENIS SWELLS WITH THE WARP

All hail TIK TAK TOE. Skink of SKINKS. THROWER OF ROCKS!

Since no one else is going to post old Tyranid models I guess I will.

>Not abs quiver with delight edition

>white trim on gold for every custodes mini

Yeah I don't like this

Custodes seem like the last group that would ever let their armor rust or the paint chip away

>AoS units in 40K

Truly these are the End Times

I used to have that bad boy when I was a lad. Gave him the other gun.

It's time.

I can't blame GW for releasing more power armor. People keep buying it. Can't fault them for making money. Motherfuckers eat up new recolors of Marines

Either way he was armed and deadly.

It's not white it's very bright silver because that's how shiny they are.

Can anyone read the text? There is something about the Chaos Gods sharing in the first paragraph.

An essay on the presentation of Highlanders in Victorian literature, procrastinating as much as I can before I inevitably collapse.

You'll end up with a dirty white, but it should be possible.

I also really liked the lictor back then.

>spend 150pts for Chaos Daemons Battalion
>deepstrike your maulerfiends in
>oh and everything on Disc is Deamon so you can spam Strategems on them as well

AoS bros, what do the "new" Tzaangor units do? and the Mutalith?

At first glance, it seems the Mutalith is a weaker version of the Maulerfiend but with a magical/debuff attack. Shaman are just cheaper psykers, Enlightened are semi-elite CC units and Skyfires are mobile snipers/anti heavy armour. am I correct?

Guys, where do I find the updated rules for 8th such as the new flyer rules or the Smite changes etc?

>6th Tarot - The Lovers
Sexuality, passion

>7th Tarot - The Chariot
Movement, progress, overcoming

>8th Tarot - The Strength
Power, Violence, Animal instinct

>9th Tarot - The Hermit
Meditation, Wisdom, Exploration

Gene-seed combined with the Nocturne star's specific radiation. Pre-Nocturne Terran Salamanders got obsidian skin the moment they set foot on Nocturne.

Honestly, people that want to see xenos really should make a normiebook account and tell them to do xenos.

it's meant to be a light reflection highlight

wrong thread?

Play AoS, its not all stormcast yet.

The sacred numbers

6 is Slaanesh
7 is Nurgle
8 is Khorne
9 is Tzeentch

They probably have the whole catalog for the rest of the year planned and greenlighted by investors, it wont matter.

He's pointing out how they align to the sacred numbers of the Chaos Gods.

>goatmen shamans will probably be better psykers than Scarab Occult sorceress of the Tzeentch

Falling to Chaos was a mistake

>"Why even bother? It's always more fucking marines"

Gotta have opposites, MEQ and non-MEQ and non-MEQ and MEQ, in 40k. It’s like in life. Gotta have a little sadness once in awhile so you know when the good times come. We're waiting on the good times now.

I wish fleshhooks actually acted like fleshhooks do in the fluff, pulling and dragging people towards the lictor. It would be a fun rule.

>Last years big 40k releases:
>Primaris and Death Guard.

>This years big 40k releases:
>Custodes and probably World Eaters or Emperors Children

YEAR OF THE XENOS
YEAR OF THE XENOS
YEAR OF THE XENOS
YEAR OF THE XENOS
YEAR OF THE XENOS

I wouldn't be anywhere near this salty if they brought out new minis for admech or guard or sisters. Or made the dark mechanicus an army. I dont care if it's humans but please no more space marines.

Anything about point changes? Will the GUO be usable again?