media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html
5etools.com

>5etools latest update-
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/: What is your current favourite class to play as?

>implying I get to play.
I'm a perma DM.

I may have a chance to play this sunday depending on how a bunch of people that I've never met respond to a group invite. It will probably fall apart.

I'm doing a forge cleric. I'm torn on playing as a kobold or a dwarf for this DM's run through HotDQ

Someone give me the overview on Eldritch Knight. I've never played a fighter and kinda want to, but also wanted to do something arcane as well.

I need a slave name/nickname for a half orc lion tamer that was conscripted into a circus to be a lion tamer
This traveling troupe basically kidnapped him to be their live bait, and he lived with them for a time before breaking free

Rolled 6, 3, 8 = 17 (3d10)

Get your trinkets!

Rolled 9, 8, 4 = 21 (3d10)

hmm lemme check

Rolled 1, 9, 7 = 17 (3d10)

>A wooden bowl made of rosewood. When placed upside down on a surface and then removed, it deposits a robin's egg
so free food? nice

It's a Fighter, but it gets spells.

>Half of a palm-sized geode that pulses dimly with purple light.
A magic night light.

Your a fighter with more AC that uses melee cantrips at specific levels

What's your fallback class? That old favorite that you always enjoy?

For me it's cleric. I like healing and buffing my friendos.

Creating a crossbow expert/sharpshooter Bard that will favour a bit of sneakiness and illusion

What are some good and fun spells for Bard?

Does it get like... decent spells? Would mutliclassing into wizard make it better?

>really want to play a roguebarian
>party already has a barbarian
>really want to play and evil character
>party are all good, with the exception of 1 neutral

If you can't think of a reason for an evil character to team up with the party, you're dumb.

>lawful evil bararogue
Just be a thug with a code of ethics. You'll do just about any job if the money is right but you have a line you won't cross.
Think the Rogues in the Flash comics. They may be criminals but they hold themselves to a standard

I'm planning on playing a rogue in a long campaign but really want to multiclass as a fighter. The problem is I've never multiclassed before. So should I take 3 levels in fighter or 5 (for extra attack), and when should I take those levels? I was thinking about doing it whenever I could justify it in the story (like asking a fighter party member to show me some moves) but maybe I'm overthinking it.

Issue is you aren't hitting level 3 spells until level 13. You still gain decent things like blur, mirror image and shield etc

Just write a character that is being manipulated by a higher power that thinks they're good

It gets Shield and Absorb elements which make a tanky class even tankier, but base EK is a fighter with magic support, maybe a misty step or counterspell from your out of school picks giving you a lot of options in combat, but you don't have enough spells to have good utility, and your blasting honestly isn't very good with the slow spell progression.

Multiclassing Wizard can work, War Wizard and Abjuration wizard get thrown around a lot and have good synergy though spellcasting will never be the only thing you are doing.

I had an EK in my last campaign multiclass into Lore wizard, it really opened up low level utility spells for him through the spellbook and rituals but he still was mostly a fighter just with counterspell and misty step. It worked well but you never get into the really good wizard combat spells except hold person and fireball.

Apparently, warlocks. Jesus christ, I can't stop fucking making warlocks, what the fuck is wrong with me

Monk. I love running around like a headless chicken & punching stuff.

Currently torn between Druid and Paladin.
Keeping oaths and getting to moralfag everything is fun, but the nature worn moon hippie is a different kind of fun. Especially when my DM lets me do the thing.

On another note, what is Veeky Forumss opinion on player created items purely for flavor?
I've been working on this wizard noble who carries around a scepter thing, kind of like a pimp cane but I want it to house a removable wand in one end of it and a small dagger in the other.

Does that feel too edgelord, or is it an appropriate level of flavor without particularly breaking anything?

Probably 5, multiattack is very strong- rogue is probably where you want to start for more skills and you want at least level 2 for cunning action unless you are going samurai, probably 3 for your archetype. Anytime after that works.

Barbarian
I like ripping, tearing and grappling

I have not been able to play for years.
2e I was always a Rogue.
Ran 3 and 3.5.
Ran 4 (the shame, but it had Dark Sun)
Still looking for my niche in 5e.

Fighter and Ranger for me - I like my martials.

My martial brother.

Where can I find "user-generated" files to import to OrcPub?

How do you swashbuckle? Do I desperately need Extra Attack or is Magic Initiate for the blade cantrips good enough?

Would multiclassing wiz/tank be a better option?

Rolled 6, 4, 2 = 12 (3d10)

>What is your current favourite class to play as?

Bard. I just like how I can play a bard however I feel and it works out.

Although I'm tempted by swashbuckler rogue.
Also, might steal idea from previous thread of playing hexblade that thinks they're a paladin.

Can bards go invisible?

What exactly do you want to do with this build? Be a wizard who wears armor, or a gish of some kind? Valor Bard might be better if you want to split your actions between spellcasting and fighting.

Yeah, if they cast Invisibility on themselves. Or Greater Invisibility. Or Mislead. I'm sure there are more.

If you googled "bard spells 5e" you would see that the answer to your question is yes.

gootle machine broke sorry

>multiclass into Lore wizard
Jesus christ

I haven't played long enough to really have a signature class. But from the 10-12 sessions I've been to, I generally really like social classes. Or at least, always try to have a decent Charisma.

(Pic kinda related)

Rogue or cleric

Is there any synergy between an Archfey patron, pact of the blade warlock and Oath of Ancients Paladin?
I wanted to play a Fey Knight. Would I be better off choosing a dex fighter/ nature cleric mashup?

>cast spirit guardians
>cast sanctuary on self
>Duration: I minute (not concentration)
>If the warded creature makes an attack or casts a spell that affects an enemy creature, this spell ends.
>But you already cast spirit guardians before sanctuary went off
Does this work?

I'm interested in playing a rogue (theif)/wizard.
AT rogues don't get invisibility until 7th level.
I'm thinking along the lines of an infiltration and burglary kind of character. Not necessarily a fireball slinging backstabber.

You need to concentrate on Spirit Guardians, so probably not.

I would rule that since you are cons3ntrating on spirit guardians, then you are still forcing the damage

By RAW, both Spirit Guardian and Spiritual Weapon would work with Sanctuary, because if you read it the spells say the object the spell creates attacks. But intention was that any hostile spell you use on anyone, now or later, would break Sanctuary, Invisibility, etc...

But I see you could make an argument for it in your table.

Nothing saying you can't have a concentration spell with Sanctuary up.

Then what about Spiritual Weapon?

RAW, Probably yes. RAI, Probably not

I ment as opposed to EK.

You make an attack roll with it. Why would that be any different? You caused an attack that harmed the enemy

Wizard 2/AT 3 gets second levels spells at level 5, which ain't too shabby. Get either Illusionist, Enchanter or something kinky like War Wizard or Bladesinger and you have yourself a very powerful multiclass, albeit a little MAD

Casting sanctuary would break concentration on SG.

But the moment the guardians attack something, the Sanctuary would end, because it's still a spell you need to focus on. I would say the spell's damage still counts as your own, even though you aren't taking actions to deal the damage.

If your GM allows this he is a bad person.

I've played two sessions now as a level 3 'Mastermind' rogue and it's really not bad at all, I don't understand why people say it's shit.

It's a birthright campaign with a lot of politics (I suppose) so I picked that, it gave me a ton of useful proficiencies and tools and giving advantage to someone as a bonus action is really useful

I am playing with a ranged weapon mostly though, so I don't need to use my bonus action for disengage every turn

Paladin/Warlocks are noted to have a shit ton of synergy, because you can use warlock slots to smite and they refresh on a short rest.

Sanctuary is a minute duration, no concentration. It doesn't break concentration.

... Fair, I thought it was worded as the weapon makes a melee spell attack, but it clearly says 'you' there.

The thing is that blade pact gets it's own smite at 5th level so your probably only doing a 3 level dip but the merit of blade pact at 3rd level is the fact that you can be proficient in your pact weapon even if it's martial, but paladins already have martial proficiency.
Your better off doing tome or chain pact for your warlock and then going oath of ancients the rest of the way.

I like the idea of chain actually because you can have a sprite that follows you like Link or Peter Pan, sounds /comfy/ fluff wise

But it's my spirits dealing the damage ;^)

It's very hard to make a truly shit character in 5e, mastermind just isn't as optimal as many other builds.

I'm not aware of any rules saying that casting breaks concentration, unless you're creating a new concentration spell. Sanctuary is not concentration.

RAW it works fine. RAI, it does not.

So what would you rather do, assuming the DM let sanctuary work?
>Cast spirit guardian and spiritual weapon, wade in to melee and hit enemies with your spiritual weapon + cantrip/melee attack/another spell every round
or
>Cast spirit guardian and sanctuary, wade in to melee and dodge every round

Rogue. I don't like locked things. And the ability to Dash, Disengage, or Hide at will is absurdly good.

You ward a creature within range against attack. Until the spell ends, any creature who targets the warded creature with an attack or a harmful spell must first make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature must choose a new target or lose the attack or spell. This spell doesn't protect the warded creature from area effects, such as the explosion of a fireball.

If the warded creature makes an attack or casts a spell that affects an enemy creature, this spell ends.

- The warded creature didn't cast a spell that affected an enemy, nor did it attack. But I can see how the former could be interpreted as "having a spell that was cast now or prior to Sanctuary hurt an enemy".

But in this case I'd say it is fair game either way. DM to DM.

Honestly it was weaker in combat than if he had done Abjuration wizard, I think he used the spell changing ability twice in the campaign, they wanted the expertise in History for character reasons.

Gods damn it Veeky Forums i love it ^^

Cast spirit guardians, then sanctuary, then wade into melee and dodge every round is the classic abuse of it. But that's the point, it's abuse - it works by RAW but not by RAI. The first is far more fun, but the second is effective as hell.

I'd go for the first. Sanctuary is for protecting little girls!

What's a good tool proficiency that isn't thieves tools and why?

... If by effective you mean the enemy only has to pass a DC teens Wisdom saving throw, then yeah, that is super effective...

Alchemy. You can create poisons, alcohols, alchemist's fire, glue, acids and (best of all) healing potions.

An alchemist (no class, just... alchemist) can easily prepare a group of adventurers for a dungeon, no spells needed.

I'd allow it in certain circumstances, but I have a soft heart for dramatic fleur and heroics.

Rolled 1, 4, 4 = 9 (3d10)

let's go

Thanks

Herbalist is for healing potions.

Rolled 1, 1, 7 = 9 (3d10)

I'm gonna be rich

RAW potions take days to create I thought

How do I handle the situation where my party is trying to decide a course of action, figure out a problem/puzzle, or similar; and I as a player have a great idea or good thing to say but my character is an idiot? One one hand my character should not be the one to come up with smart ideas, but when nobody of the three high int magic fags are saying anything worthwhile I really feel like I need to help them out.

Any advice?

With the enhance ability spell "Target has advantage on strength/wisdom/dexterity/etc checks" Does it mean for all the skills encompassing, say wisdom (animal handling, insight, medicine, perception, survival), or would it just be for straight up wisdom checks and saves?

I can't tell whether I enjoy Bard or Paladin more.
Maybe I should try multiclassing them...

Where did you get that. Herbalist is for taking care and harvesting herbs. Alchemist Supplies is for concocting alchemical substances and making mixtures.

It takes 1 day for each potion, hence you need to prepare.

>tfw play a really smart character but dumb irl

Any benefits for a ranger/nature cleric multivlass?
I’m looking to play a follower of Malar for my upcoming campaign.
Any advice on playing CE without being an edgelord or should I just go with LE since I’ll be following my god’s rules

Ask your DM, but in my tables I go for all checks. It is, after all, a concentration spell with pretty limited uses aside from that.

They have to pass a DC teens Wisdom saving throw to try to attack you, and then attack you with disadvantage to try to hit you, because you're dodging.

Does anyone actually enjoy being DM

Skill check is special case of ability check.
Saving throw is not ability check, though.

Or, you know, they can simply throw a Burning Hands in your general vicinity, but yes. That is a lot of armor-ups, and if you have Shield it can become unbearably resilient.

But you know what is a better defensive strategy? Killing your opponents fast and efficiently. That is why I preferred the first option. Spirit Guardians + Spiritual Weapon + Attack/Cantrips/Spells is an incredible area of FUCK YOU to anyone that poses a threat.

>level 13/14
>everyone had a shit ton of money but spent it on potions/scrolls, meanwhile i still have all my money
>come to a point we have to do some water maneuvering
>told we could buy a ship if we wanted
>my kobold battlemaster is the only one with enough money (60 grand) to buy a ship
>buy long ship, make the warlock pirate (background) my first mate
>in process of quest we actually commandeer a second ship
>still have money to procure a galleon

shit, now I actually want to make a kobold pirate background swashbuckler

Yes. You get all the attention during the game and get to create all the nice worlds and stuff.
But it is not for everyone.

Hells yeah. I enjoy it way more than playing. I am on my way to concoct an amalgamgame with all the plotlines from OoTA, SKT, RoT and ToA all moving together and have the players either help, hinder or observe these plots unfold.

It's an area threat. It works best if you're dealing with a horde of things. If you're talking single target, then yes, it's not as impressive.

There's always ways for a DM to adjudicate around abuses. Yes, they may have burning hands or some save or suck ability. You're probably not wanting to just guardians/sanctuary/dodge if they do. This just seems like silly arguing.

Background is what you did in the past. What you are telling me is what you will do in your future.

"Aye, I was a landlubber like you. Grew up in a farm, walked the roads to crowded shit stinking cities... No more. Now I sail the seven seas in search of gold and freedom!"

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was arguing. I was just trying for a discussion.

To make it clear, I do agree that Sanctuary + Spirit Guardians + Defensive actions is a good way to distract and waste your opponent's time, if that is what your end-game is.

I'm letting it go for one use, but if it hasn't been patched by wotc I'm doing it afterward.
Thanks for the answers, m80s.

Is this too edge-lord for a Hexblade Warlock for a CoS campaign? DM asked us to come up with characters that would somehow want to get involved with an area that is known for undead.

>patched
Brother, this is a tabletop game. They already printed the books. There is no 'patching'. Sure, there is Sage Advice where they can tell you the intention they had when they wrote said books, what was their aim, what is their understanding of the rules... But no one can tell you how to play the game you bought. There is no patching, no nerfing, no buffing. Only alternative sources, community fixes, house rules, interpretations and compromises.

Errata?

Hexblade is inherently edgy. It has blade in its name.

Anti-heroes and gothic heroes are always fine for the tragedy of Barovia, but I find that very bright and noble heroes always stand out more.