Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Bananas and Dust edition

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/new-year-new-armies-reveals-new-years-open-day/

>Daily Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=QnEanO1QT4o

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and Such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Excuse me GW I have a question
xenos codex when?

first for nobody with a brain asked for custodes

So how many Rumor Engines does the Custodes release solve?

Last year.

>Mork is the best

Nth for fuck the year of the xenos

never
fuck you
buy marine shit

12 and 13 are the jetbike

Also, 8 is the nurgle tree

OK so Custodes are leaving the Imperial Palace.
Why?

I mean, why NOW? There have been plenty of occasions before. Against the Beast, or in one of the Black Crusades, or in any of the gazillion times the Imperium was on the verge of collapsing during the past 10,000 years.
Maybe the Golden Throne is in dire straits and they need to find pieces to repair it so that the Emperor survives? What's your theory? Do you think we'll learn anything in the codex or will it be the disappointing 'well the Maleficum Cicatrixus is real bad, ya know...'?

After the Lost and the Damned codex.

>Gork is Gork

>He plays to win
>He doesn't play for run, paint for fun, build for fun
>He gets upset when other people want what they want
>He gets upset when a cool faction gets cool shit
>He gets upset because he chokes on Tau dick
>He gets upset because he's too drenched in soy to dom an ork
>He gets upset because Eldar are out of his league
Fucking wew

Reminder that 40k is a vastly superior place when NPC xenos take their designated seat in the back of the lore bus

>Gork isn't kunnin enough to be Gork, Mork is kunnin enough to be Gork though

>2017
>playing xenos

Why would GW make new Xeno stuff if the (20+ year old) Xeno stuff they already has never sells?

Meanwhile, all the Imperium armies like Space Marines, better Space Marines, even better daemon-fighting Space Marines, and even betterer golden Marines sell like hotcakes.

Coincidence? :^)

This is not a new development, their first 40k rules had the fluff of them starting to leave the palace.

Read Watchers of the Throne, all your answers are in there and its a great book.

>What's your theory?

Here, read it yourself.

Because Bobby G showed up and told them to stop fulling around and they said "oh yeah I guess that makes sense".

I'm confused by how saves work
Like for example, the chaos terminator lord has an Sv stat of 2+. but he has an ability that gives him a 4+ invulnerability save. How does that work? Which one do you use?

because GW wanted to take them away from FW

Think you're missing some.

10 is Not Valdor.

BUT WHAT ABOUT MY NETLIST GOYIM

gw needs money

But is Mork Brutal enough to be Gork?
Because Gork is certainly Brutal enough to be Mork.

>because GW wanted to take them away from themself

>Mork is Mork

Effectively in 8th you can treat you Invulnerable save as a 'my save can never be worse than' number. You always use the best save available.

It's a new thread anons. How's that hobby progress going? What're you working on?

Hey Codex Thousand sons is coming.

correct, gw saw custards are popular and said, how about custards. fw molds can go into the trash now as no one will be buying them

Mork is kunnin enough to appear to be brutal enough to Gork. That's why kunnin trumps brutal.

The better one always.

There are weapons that modify saves by piercing armor. The lower saves but don't modify invulns. So an ap 4 will make your 2+ into 6+, but the 4++ invuln remains and you can use that.

8 out of 10 sternguard stripped now.
I think the English text on your dready ruins it.

no offense but that twin lascannon looks terrible. Did you lose the original or something?

They are implying that it will have lots of spells for those nerds.

>Golden Space Marines: The Codex

Oh, good. The army no one wanted or asked for.

you can use either save, but you have to pick one.
Armor saves are effected by AP and cover, invulnerable saves are not.
So you'd pick the 2+ save unless you were hit with something that would reduce your armor save to 5+ or worse, in which case you choose to use the invuln save.

Just finished shading my Broodlord.

I see you're making progress since last thread user.

Very well - I've been working towards getting my army tabletop for LVO and all I like for my 2k list is 4 characters.

So say you get hit with a Bolter, that's AP-0 so you use your 2+ armor save. Say you get hit with a Heavy Bolter, that's AP-1 so you use a 3+ armor save. Now say you get hit with a Melta, that's AP-4, well you have your 4+ Invulnerable save, so you would use that. Unless the weapon says it ignores Invulnerable saves, you can never get modified past the 4+ Invulnerable save. Mortal wounds ignore armor and Invulnerable saves.

Ah, I get it now, thank you

>fw custodes look boring
>Gws look fat

I dont know about that user. I saw some people asking for more Talon of the emperor rules.

Uh. Well thanks for the quick answer
I was trying to make people talk about fluff instead of the whole 'but Custodes are a new Marines release!' 'but Marines sells!' 'yeah but Xenos are abandonned!' we have had for a few threads. Didn't know we already had the answers. Guess I'll try shitposting instead

here user use these custodes

Is this the AoS general?

8 is that nurgle tree thing

I've seen plenty of asking for em, NPCfag

I was being pessimistic but I didn't actually think they would release new space marine shit

No one actually uses the weird FW titty Keeper of Secrets over the based GW one, right?

AoS General is actually filled with skeletons at the moment

>Guess I'll try shitposting instead

Now you're thinking like a propa fa/tg/uy

Gas all Xenofags

they are merging the two games so who gives a fuck, post in either.

Those bikes look absolutely bitching, Im making a Custodes outrider detachment for sure!.

>mfw we might get feminist pandering shit like female space marines before xenos

Gas all nu-40k

threadly reminder AoS is a cancer.

Is this a fetish thing?

Threadly reminder that if you buy the new custodes you are what is wrong with the hobby. No matter how much you like them you have to buy a xeno army even if you dont like them.

>butthurt Fantasytards are still alive

kek never thought of it like that

>the virgin first tau model
>versus
>the chad return of triumph
Why didn’t anyone tell me the new suit sculpts were so fucking good, I wouldn’t have waited a decade before starting Tau again

Once I get more colors on the model I think it'll start to look alright. In the end it'll take only a few minutes to do something over it.

I used it on another dreadnought. This one was built using centurion bits and I'm satisfied with it so far.

I'm into it.

I'm gonna be at it for another 10 hours or so, so i figure I'll check in when the threads roll over to help break up the usual shitposting

>Implying I'm a xenos player

I'm just not a faggot that likes seeing the same army being made over and over in different colors.

Someone, somewhere is currently hot-glueing his Titan. Really makes you think.

>Lots

They will have shitty discipline and be worse sorcerers than rando Chaos ones.

fantasy was dogshit

so are the bastardised designs born of AoS's success

Pre-ordered my Collector's Edition Codex, Regular Codex, and Data Cards. Hype for demons is real.

>keep making new space marine crap
>people keep buying it
>they keep making it because that's all they guy
>they keep buying it because that's all they make

I feel like Custodes are way better representatives of what marines were supposed to be in the lore
>only 10k of them
>godlike even amongst gods
>super rare

Nobody aside from the Emperor had the authority to order around the Custodians, and their last instruction was to protect the palace. They dutifully followed his order since the emperor died 10,000 years ago.

Roboute came back to life and visited the Emperor, who bestowed this authority upon him. Guilliman then used his new authority to order the custodians to leave the palace and fight to save mankind.

>Collector's Edition Codex

MOLDLINE
on the gun, right hand of the mini (left on your pic)

I dislike shitposting in general, but I prefer it to this asinine debate

>geneseed
>mentoring boys
>furfags
>innocence proves nothing
>genocidal

Why have you not added funny text user

>Someone, somewhere is currently hot-glueing his Titan.
YOU TAKE IT BACK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>That tribune
>boring
Bitch what?

Yeah, but then you'll end up with Guardfags crying because Marines would just sew their butts onto their heads anytime they meet.

user, once that nut has been bust, there's not taking it back

pic related is your army

Why are transuranic arquebuses so highly recommended? They have the best stats for sniper weapons in the game yes, but they're also very expensive - it takes ~10 shots to reliably kill a T4 with 6 wounds, FnP on 5+, and an effective save of 4+. That's 425 points if you want it dead in 1 turn. Is killing characters that powerful?

I like simplicity, but it's there for you to edit.

>female space marines

Sisters of Battle do deserve an updated miniature range.

No user.

Female space marines.

I want to brutally rape SoBs!

10 is the new nurgle scribbler

I've got every limited edition/collector book they've released for Chaos (Marines or Demons)

old ones look better

This picture was hard to take

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Here. This thing is primarch-sized.

Though I would agree SW, DA, BA, and even DW can be integrated into the vanilla dex (keeping their specific units, weapons, tactics and some of their stratagems even), I feel like GK and Custodes are much more different. I would prefer GK to become part of an Inquisition codex (with the Deathwatch), while Custodes can keep their own - eventually as Talons so that the few people who really really like SoS can keep playing them.

Because they're generally effective. They can shoot at tanks, at monsters, and generally speaking if you're sniping you're trying to hit lesser characters like heralds and Guard officers.

Nice work user! I spent this year collecting up IA vol 1-13.