What the fuck is happening in the crypto market right now...

What the fuck is happening in the crypto market right now? Is everything about to tank hard or is this just the BTC decoupling phase?

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/j/januaryeffect.asp
nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=TAo5tCxagoVLEb%2fjMbfIkQ%3d%3d
dashboard.stellar.org/
discord.gg/MpsFTEs
youtube.com/watch?v=uT_ZhhQeudY&t=7m0s
youtube.com/watch?v=i7cVQQ2DdIM&t=1s
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bounty0x/
youtube.com/watch?v=5NolXWUOalQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lncNcNtGkJY
youtube.com/watch?v=4-PkAQcuZOw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>just the BTC decoupling phase
FINALLY

January effect, and the decoupling from btc. For your reading enjoyment.

investopedia.com/terms/j/januaryeffect.asp

what's a decoupling phase? pls no bully

BZC

When coins stop gaining or losing based on whether bitcoin goes up and down.

is that a good or bad thing when holding only altcoins?

good obviously

if bitcoin did anything but go sideways alts got fucked

typical consolidating phase after transition

It's what altcoiners do, the 17k run of BTC killed alts.
BTC goes up? People short alts because they want to buy BTC.
BTC goes down? People short alts because they want to buy tether.

>tank

this.

>Normies learn of BTC during thanksgiving
>BTC goes parabolic during December
>smart normies cash out gains
>BTC destablized
>Whales pump n dump shitcoins

few problems

>1, shitcoins are all trash. none are proven.
>2. Normies investing with no fundamentals, fucking XRP has a higher market cap than Goldman Sachs
>3. No new money has entered market since BTC correction. Market cap still at 600bn

If you believe the rally will continue then you need to find more investors to replace the people cashing out. The problem is big institutional investors (like 90% of the market) won't touch crypto with a 10 foot pool because it's vaporware in an unregulated market, with no liquidity (easy to manipulate). So only the normies are dumb enough to invest.

if you can get a huge surge of normies entering in jan then the rally can continue. Else it will crash. My guess is on crash.

What is this girls name?

google reverse image search

"cute barista eleni"

S T A B L E
T
A
B
L
E

normies are just getting started - the barrier to crypto investing is lower and the upside higher than any investment product ever

01/03

Ever since April, Bitcoin has been traveling inside a parabolic channel. In November, it broke this, first under nearing $10k FOMO, which was then amplified by the American news media, which then set in global FOMO. We thus traveled outside of the longer term parabolic curve channel.

This super fast moon, with all the usual dips skipped caused us to move up without building support. Once FOMO died down, we returned to the normal cycle, which always includes a return to the curve before we go back to pull.

This chart shows this long term curve upper and lower bounds.

02/03

Here is a closer view of the more recent term. BTC has been traveling back towards the curve in a descending channel ever since the $19k peak.

>not just drawing straight lines on a log chart
get a load of this guy

unironically bought 100k thanks to these charts

>normies are just getting started

>btc 1300% in 1 yr.
>top shitcoins 1000% in 1 mo.

there is nothing left to pump. nothing left to invest.

How much longer will shit pump up like this?

I'd actually consider licking her asshole. Good development.

03/03

And here is an even closer view of the recent downtrend. As you can see, we are repeating a pattern here, making BTC moons and dips pretty easy to time.

As per all big dips for BTC since April, BTC has never yet fallen below the parabolic curve, but always bounces back up from it after touching it. I wonder if, as this $19k moon broke the upper bound on the way, we will also dip below it on the way down. Even if so, I think we would quickly return back to it, and then return to uptrend. Most likely, I think we hit it, bounce off it a couple times, then resume a normal uptrend again, at a slower, more natural pace, as opposed to the incredible run we saw on the way to $20k.

I expect the overall uptrend to continue until March, when the parabolic curve upper and lower boundaries touch (see first chart post). After this point, we will have to either break up from the parabolic channel and create a new bullish parabolic curve, or more likely we will see a longer period of downtrend, one that could last more than a year, until returning to bull again.

Love,

Lain

>Is everything about to tank hard or is this just the BTC decoupling phase?

Yes.

Ah, meant to post this chart

thanks m8

>what are actually useful altcoins

You're never gonna make it kid.

Imagine if BTC just stopped dead in its tracks.
Now imagine alts started trading based on THEIR value. The value of the satoshi of the alt would be more of a true value because it wouldn't be controlled by the volatility of BTC

BTC would best be described as the underlying currency for the value of the alts. Just like with the stock market and fiat, the alt market would be valued with btc.

learn about sideways trend faggot.

start asking for BCH trading pairs if you want to save your precious alts

except all the activity has exposed BTC has a shitty expensive & slow way to make transactions

not to mention it does not have any of the new technology that alts have

i still have 30% of my portfolio in it but that's only as a 'just in case'

it is no longer a useful currency

But that's horrible, I most likely won't make it until March. Please revise your prediction to a more positive one that I want to hear.

Yeah, and the media is putting the spotlight more and more on these innovations and exposing the flaws of Bitcoin. There is no telling what that will mean for the future, it might actually be the end of Bitcoin. There are now so many alternatives with better tech and conditions, Bitcoin might actually become obsolete within the very near future. All it would take is a general consensus about a replacement (arguably, ETH could be one already), and BTC would be done for. And its value would crash to zero.

BTC is still really useful because it's listed on fiat exchanges. It's also a "true" currency whereas ETH is a security.

FairX + Stellar will take over the USD -> Crypto route.

Nice work Lain

aren't you the guy who shorted btc at 9K?????

.t bag holder
when FairX isn't vaporware, talk to me.

i'll make a note on my calendar to reference this post in a few months

It's backed by IBM and Wells Fargo. you think amateurs at places like coinbase are going to be able to compete?

I never shorted BTC at $9k (feel free to check my Twitter to verify), but I remember you accusing me of that in another thread. How's it going, hater user? Still hating I see.

I'm upvoting this post, because it sums up mostly everything.

2018 is the year that crypto needs to either actually fucking do something, or be hard-resetted with a gigantic crash.

>IBM
>WF

Sources.

Also I'm not a lawyer but thinking about it, most ICOs are securities, it's possible that the purchase of ICOs with BTC, instead of USD, has impact on the legality.

I would why Gemmini and Coinbase, both FDIC insured, have no shitcoins listed?

nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=TAo5tCxagoVLEb%2fjMbfIkQ%3d%3d

That's enough spoon feeding for now, but you can look up the names or posts on Veeky Forums that did the research on who these two people are yourself

you will also find michael dowlings blog if your iq is over room temperature

twitter link?

I don't see anything about IBM or WF. Just a biz license. I never said I doubted the co. existed, I doubt it's actual product and corporate partnerships.

Michael Dowling is director of blockchain solutions (or something like that) @ IBM and the other dude is director of tax something @ wells fargo

You said
>backed by IBM and Wells Fargo
not
> [former] employees of IBM and Wells Fargo

as long as alts are traded against btc and not bch you are still holding BTC when you hold alts

Nice read, thanks user

dashboard.stellar.org/

ctrl+f IBM

>faggots on Veeky Forums always post hot chicks to grab attention
>tfw it works

I want to see her sitting on a black cock

what is your twitter user I wanna follow you

I want to see her sit on my dick too user.

okay, that's something.

So it appears that XLM is Tether 2.0?

cuck

IMO I’ve had a hell of a lot more luck making BTC with P&D groups. The largest one just hit 64 thousand members. discord.gg/MpsFTEs

Ripple 2.0

What's the advantage of the stellar decentralized database, controlled by a central entity, over a traditional database, controlled by a central entity?

Follow me @CryptoLain.

I post a shitload of charts and don't do whale games. Everything I post are my own buys, so I am only doing as good as my calls are. Some calls, I only make on Veeky Forums though, as I don't like to give all my calls away on Twitter and fuel normie wealth, as I don't much like chads and roasties. If it wasn't for Veeky Forums and spending the last 11 years (holy fuck) on Veeky Forums, I would never had entered crypto, so I want user to do well. Here is to a year of lambos.

how much have u invested, made, and took out of the market?

Nice try, IRS

Following. Thanks. I also have another thread about tomorrow, can you share your opinion on this subject?

Here or the other thread, doesn't really matter

i pity the father of this disgusting fleshbag

>there is literally nothing wrong with honor killing

real talk what are you guys going to do if the crypto market packs up and all you can do is wait 2 hours to transfer to a fiat exchange then 2 days to cash out? buying gold with bitcoin is a better option

you're a pianist? wewewe

do u like chopin ballades and rachmaninov preludes or are you the snobby kind who only plays bach?

Yeah so?

My aim is to become rich in order to get a trophy wife that I can watch fucking black guys regularly.

It's my fetish, deal with it normie.

you're post are too rational.
5k next week followed by 20k week after. screencap this.

nigga you don't have to be rich to do that. just enough money to keep a roof over her head lmao

Rachmaninov is one of my favorite pianists and his Piano Concerto No. 2 is one of the pieces that originally made me start playing, specifically the way Richter plays the phrase starting at 7:00 here. His accents and slightly delayed pause on the rising tensions blew me away and still do. Also a chopin fan.

youtube.com/watch?v=uT_ZhhQeudY&t=7m0s

Nah mate, I'd get more pleasure knowing that she uses me just for money. Keeping her in a nice comfy environment where she doesn't have to work, and all her existence revolves around getting nice clothes, her nails done etc. on my dime, so she looks great for her black bulls.

I'd probably fuck hookers on the side like a dirty little cuck but my pristine wife would only get black dick.

This will happen. But dont tell Veeky Forums too much I want to screencap neet tears this month

>If it wasn't for Veeky Forums and spending the last 11 years (holy fuck) on Veeky Forums, I would never had entered crypto, so I want user to do well. Here is to a year of lambos.

Since you're an oldfag, I'll give you some advice There is no year of lambos. This market is damn close to collapsing. youtube.com/watch?v=i7cVQQ2DdIM&t=1s

The biggest problem is that blockchain is a worthless technology. It's just an inferior database that trades efficiency for decentralization, which is apparently worthless for everyone except criminals hiding their identity.

Being optimistic, assuming more dumb money enters, I think maybe one dead-cat bounce for the the blue chips before it all falls apart.

With alt coins, you are in serious danger because you need to sell them for BTC first, then transfer the BTC to a fiat exchange, to sell for fiat. If you look at most of the tier 2 exchanges (crypto-crypto) they don't have enough BTC to even cover every user if they all wanted to sell shitcoins for btc. essentially a run on the banks.

and then if everyone started transferring their funds from to fiat exchanges, it'll clog the network.

Hence it's impossible to pull out once the crash happens. Hence make sure you aren't exposing yourself to too much risk by siphoning profit while the system still works

oh and the exchanges will prob crash from all the traffic cuz they are on shit servers.

okay pay attention..this is not the one to miss. BNTY and PRL have proven in the last week that anything that touches Kucoin is going to surge. Kucoin's daily trading volume is sitting at a tiny $32m compared to Binance's $2.8b and Binance is only 5 months old. Kucoin has grown 800% in the last 60 days and it's aggressive listing of new unknown coins such as BNTY is going to be a major contributor to this growth. We're at a point now where normies are seeing this coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bounty0x/ and scrambling to get onboard with the moon mission.

How do you take advantage of Kucoin's growth? KuCoin Shares.

user, what the fuck are KuCoin Shares?

KuCoin is dead serious about being a major force in the exchange world. They want growth and they want it fast - to facilitate this they're offering dividends in the form of trading fees to their investors. 50% of the entire trading fee revenue on the Kucoin platform will be shared daily with those holding KCS on their exchange. This is a two-fold investment with ridiculous growth potential as a result, you buy KCS, the exchange grows, your KCS rises in price, and the amount of dividends you are generating grows with it.

Details: youtube.com/watch?v=5NolXWUOalQ

My current plan is to ride our Veeky Forums shitcoin profit and reinvest into KCS. See you in 2020 when I'm still holding and living off my dividends, I hope you are there with me.

Kucoin's referral system is genius too; you are rewarded some % of the trading fees that your invitees take on. If I shilled you into this godcoin please consider using my referral code when signing up if you don't have a Kucoin account yet: 1tsrs
1tsrs
1tsrs

This. Everybody needs to open support tickets at their exchanges
I did my part

>what are actually useful altcoins

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... *windows error noise*

How many BTC do I need for a daughter like this?

You would love /r/nsfwbaristas

You can sell more than just BTC for fiat.

Is that just a fatclap thing?

Idk. Mine seems better

Hahahaha! This^

How do I upvote on Veeky Forums? I'd give you gold, kind sir, but alas I'm a poor college student.

mmm, yes, I agree, good taste user. Richter's rubato, accents and phrasing in general are just really well judged - I feel like a lot of pianists who came after him tried to emulate him but the end result sounded forced. It's especially impressive considering Richter in his later life only played from scores, not from memory, meaning a lot of what he did was probably semi-improvisational.

My favourite of his recordings is probably this:
youtube.com/watch?v=lncNcNtGkJY

I'm not a massive fan of Schubert's piano sonatas but this had me completely enchanted.

>With alt coins, you are in serious danger because you need to sell them for BTC first, then transfer the BTC to a fiat exchange, to sell for fiat.

Actually, this is not true. You could sell into USDT (lol) during a dip, then wait until the dip stops and BTC is going sideways, then buy back into BTC, move into a fiat exchange (like Gemini with no max wire withdrawal limit), then sell into FIAT.

Also, I do see potential that there will be a major, long term market wide dip in March, when the upper and lower parabolic trends converge. When that happens, though, you can always just cash out largely into FIAT, then build gains through compounding gains on shorts as things tank and longs on small rebounds back up on Mex. That's what I was doing during August and such. Made a ton shorting ETH on swing trades.

You write like a cool dude, but the Lain makes me think you ain't a cool dude.

My mind is telling me to call your a LARPer, but my dick is telling me your gib is cut right.

Nice. That same recording is also one of my favorites of his.

that isnt a real subreddit

Nothing is happening you fucking normie.

Do you not love Lain?

...and you don't seem to understand
youtube.com/watch?v=4-PkAQcuZOw

>>With alt coins, you are in serious danger because you need to sell them for BTC first, then transfer the BTC to a fiat exchange, to sell for fiat.

lmao you dont even know about fairx and req

put a shotgun in your mouth imbecile

Having been involved with the netsec communities, Lain LARPers were a constant menace that have left a sour taste in my mouth to any reference to Lain. *tips soykaf*

>USDT (lol) during a dip, then wait until the dip stops

implying USDT will even exist after everyone else tries cashing it out for USD and realizes they can't and the whole system collapses.

>August and such

Problem is the market has changed. In August people had confidence in BTC and viewed crypto as the future. Once the crash happens, normies lose confidence in the system, realize ICO vaporware, SEC announces regulation, the market will be permanent-dead.

Like I said, since you're an oldfag, I wanna help you. I've been here for 13 or 14 years now. feelsbadman.jpg. Don't waste the advantage you have by getting in on crypto early by not properly evaluating the market and exposing yourself to too much downside risk.

To emphasize. The fundamental problem is that blockchain is a worthless technology. In 9 years the only use for blockchain, where it had a substantial competitive advantage, was criminals on the Silk Road. That's why this market has no future.

Fuck Appleman. His over-moderation ruined the site. I'd take Kalyx and his Apple buys any day. You ever spend much time on the IRC? I go by a different handle there though.

Good advice. I trade bull when things are bull, but I'm always ready to pull out at a moments notice too. I did plenty of center of the earth bagholding in my early days enough to know not to do it anymore. Thanks for the advice, though, user. Always a good to have someone remind you when the market is getting to euphoric so you don't get pulled into it yourself.

Guys, seriously save it, i might analyze one more for you, any takers?

Pajeet detected

What about RarePepe (which everyone ignores apart from the Japanese) and cryptokitties?

over my dead fucking gains

>Fuck Appleman. His over-moderation ruined the site. I'd take Kalyx and his Apple buys any day.
A man true to my own heart.
>You ever spend much time on the IRC? I go by a different handle there though.
Lurking and switching handles every month for that pristine opsec. But most of the clearnet shit is dead. Everything's recessed towards Tor and I2P where all the cool kats are.

Wait a minute, that ass.

Yea have you got any thoughts on the current state of REQ or XLM?

Also what happened to your trip