Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

It's fucking nothing Edition

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uU8HM3OuThk
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/09/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-grand-tournament-the-winning-army/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I JUST WANT TO PLAY NORMAL DUDES ON HORSES AND SHIET

I tell you guys, watching this vide genuinely gets me excited again for AoS. I can't be the only one.

youtu.be/uU8HM3OuThk

My enthusiasm was waning a tad before, but now that we have an actual cosmology of the mortal realms, the imagination soars!

How has this inspired you guys?

the patrician aesthetic

I liked it a lot, giving some boundaries to the setting allows depth in the fluff.

I thought having the realms get more mental the further you went out was a nice touch. allows for a lot of variety within each realm.

I like it. I think it's actually the only neat thing we get with the MP. I'm salty about shitty sce-focused timeline but I hope that we will get a real one with the AoS RPG this year

Post all of your skeleton pictures. Memes preferred.
Go for the bone zone.

Should I cut/file off the lightning emblems on my SCE to give them a more knightly less faggy look?
should I cut off the front half of the crossguards from the swords for that effect?

Man a lot of you people are being pretty stupid about the battletome. This is far better then something like a Deathrattle battletome.

Every Death Player that bought a Start Collecting Box should own a Mortarch. So getting one of the 3 Mortarch Alligences is a easy. And it makes far more sense for a faction devide to be between Mortarchs rather then Skeletons and Zombies.

Like lets say Mannfreds Alligence is gives you access to Skeletons, Ghosts, and Vampires. With unique rules to synergize them and buff them all. That is far better then restricting yourself to just skeletons.

Fuck off

kek

For those waiting for their drawings here are the quick thumbnail sketches for them and I'll be getting them all done before posting. If you want to add anything or an idea to your drawing just say so.

>Every Death Player that bought a Start Collecting Box
Fuck off shill. I want separate factions to be fleshed out. I want brand new Age of Sigmar™ Death posterboys™ Start Collecting box™ and a battletome™. This book is literally Fantasy 2.0 - I dropped this old cancerous shit for a reason and started playing AoS literally on day 0 and I truly regret it right now. Seems that GW has no real idea what to do with this game so they are trying to sell their old shit at low effort

I want to request a resting bitch face Dryad if possible

No one will notice, swapping heads for more knightly helms works a lot better

Filing the shields to put on proper heraldry works very well too

Should I play Nurgle or Khorne?

40kfag here with a hard on for karic acolytes, can you make an army of mostly them?

It's on the list, but I'll get started on it after the others are done, sorry.

Do you like being really tough and surprisingly fast or playing a Rube Goldberg machine of horrifying buffs

Nurgle. Khorne is shittiest Chaos god.

Give us a Lady Ordinator or a shakespearean looking boss.

they mentioned all death units getting rules..... Tomb Kings returning?

They can easily be the majority of models in a viable Tzeentch army

Want an idiot-proof army that can take dozen of punches in the face and laugh at your opponents? Pick Nurge
Want to play chess with naked men and be the one punching other people armies? Pick Khorne

Yes, they count as your basic troop choice, theres a really good Battalion which gives them another round of hurling magic fireballs at people

They obviously mean all Death units currently being sold.

New Death player from last thread; is the Blades of the Blood Queen a good bundle for a new player? And are the units any good?

Alright cool thanks guys.

>Seems that GW has no real idea what to do with this game
it was obvious since GHB release

im already doing those 2, i ment in addition

Sure, no problem. Thank you user

I love you

yes it's good. Your getting pretty much a 100 dollars off and you can make the Mortarch as any unit, Which will be good for the upcoming battletome.

Nurgle it is.

>Mannfred
fucking manlet cuck

>Arkhan
fucked over by the reinforcement point update and that GW made him mini-nagash instead of giving him rules that fit his fluff(he has always been good in melee but he has grand total of 2 attacks)

>Neferata
yet again reinforcement points fuck her over by making her pay for the vampire she spawns when killing characters

They are still good. And the rules for the three Aligences should help a lot for making Death Armies.

Death was split too thin and I hope future Battletomes merge lots of split factions.

Probably unnecessary, stormcast without filigree and silver color are a bit bland looking

might be right, since they're mostly 1 color

Shit taste

>He likes babby's first Chaos god
Muh blood and skulls

Oh, I was asking for which was good on the table, but that works too! Thats actually a lot of savings for a GW thing. Also, should Grave Guard how Shields or Great weapons?

>literally no new models
I'm legitimately impressed by how little fucks GW give about death

>Mixed Death: The Codex
wooow... people were hyped for this...

Hurr you are retarded - there is a single new model for death that looks like a kitbash durr

No models yet jackoffs

We've had 2 heroes and an entire Nurgle range dropping this week with a new 40k army announced, what do you expect?

isnt it being annouced in feb

>DUDE we're gross lmao
>DUDE anarchy lmao
>DUDE degeneracy lmao
Nothin wrong with a good ol' fashion demon army out for violence for violence sake.

To wait until Death gets an actual release before shoving more Chaos and 40k release down our gullets.

Putting 'muh' in front of something doesn't make that thing bad.

Can I take the Fatesworn Warband Battalion with a Slaves to Darkness allegience?

>Codex

Fuck off.

I just tried a dragonlord+ loremaster combo
I didn't lose a single fucking model
Dragonlord lost 9 wounds and that's it.
Was brutal as hell

Mixed Death is far better then Skeletons the Battletome.

It's actually intresting for Death to be focused on it's leaders rather then the grunts. I honestly hope future Battletomes merge factions.

kys

slav is here

As someone who never played Vampire Counts, but had friends that did, I thought that was always the deal with them. Your fancy Vampire Lord or centrepiece model was the star of the show while your other dudes were just fodder.

If you're too far away from the center of the realm, you'll be killed by magic. Did I get that right?

Pretty much the Center is nice and inhabitable. While the edges are not.

I wonder about the Soulblight one personally.

Hyper-elite armies get my boner going.

Technically haven't the Battletomes that have come out recently done this?
Blades of Khorne mixed Bloodbound with Khorne Daemons
Maggotkin is going to be a mixture of Rotbringers and Nurgle Daemons
and eventually Legions of Nagash will be a mixture of Death.

It is an ongoing trend and I like it, gives more variety in armies rather than having like... four units to choose from (looking at YOU Clan Verminus)

What do you want to play an army with only 5 units so badly.

Age of Sigmar has broken it's factions into too many factions. It's far better for some of them to be merged.

The elves, And free peoples need to start getting merged next.

Agreed. But with those chaos tomes it was kind of predictable.

We should get like a Skaven Battletome that merges the Skaven Armies together.

I think GW saw Allegiences were too "Strong" and wasted on armies of only a few units, so are going for unified themes.

We might get a Disspossed+Freeguild Merge.

He's right though. A lot of these armies need to be merged. Why the fuck are Devoted of Sigmar, Free Peoples, and Collegiate Arcane all separate? Why are Ironweld Arsenal totally separate instead of part of Free Peoples and Dispossessed? All these shitty minifactions need to be merged.

I fully predict a "Horned Rat" battletome.

Ironweld are actually seperate enough though.

They're supposed to be Dorfs and Humans working together.

I'd love to see some rise of nations tier shit from them.

Do allies interfere with being able to take battalions?
Asking for a friend.

Now that it seems like the dust is settled from the shitstorm that was the AoS initial release, I've been looking at maybe giving it a try with my all-square base Fantasy army. But all the information I've looked at is fucking confusing and contradictory. Warriors of Chaos are now Slaves to Darkness, okay. But 1d4chan tactics say you can't technically take a Demon Prince with them? The warscroll for WoC says the Chaos Giant is now a Gargant or something, but I can't find rules for that anywhere. And what about my Putrid Blightkings? Can I not mix Khorne and Nurgle units in the same army anymore?

All of this confusion kinda makes me just want to start fresh with a new army, but the ones that look cool (Kharadron Overlords) don't have a Start Collecting box and are crazy expensive.

All of this is making me just want to stick to 40k. Is it just me or does it seem like GW has no idea what they want to do with this game?

The mini factions are all from the initial release of Age of Sigmar when there was no balance concept and the rules were "field whatever you want". There was no reason to try and balance them evenly so they got split up by flavor to show the type of factions and organizations that existed in the new setting.

This was obviousyl a huge fuck up and if they are taking steps to remedy this and make mixed armies viable again then I am all for it.

Not at all

The shitshow never ends mate

You are making it far more complicated than it is.

All of Chaos exists as a single army that has its own set of rules and artifacts (referred to as Allegiance abilities)

If you choose to specialize (such as just Khorne aligned units) you can take a different allegience that is going to be more powerful as a trade off for limiting your unit options.

Should I keep expanding my skaven army or start a new one?
I bought two Spire of Dawn boxes few months ago so I have two engineers, two mortars and two warpfire throwers. Meanwhile I also bought a WLC because I like the model so I actually need two boxes of Stormfiends to run a legal 1000pts list. I like elite armies so they should fit my taste but on the other hand I'm worried that there are no fitting skryre allegiance abilities for a list like this one.

Allegiance: Skaven Skryre
Warlock Engineer (100)
- General
3 x Stormfiends (300)
3 x Stormfiends (300)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Wounds: 53

On the other hand I feel like rats are not appealing enough to me. With GHB17 allegiance abilities there's infinitesimally small chance that they will get anything new both rule-wise and model-wise and it seems like GW will not give them any love lore-wise too. Most skryre stuff like plastic weapon teams or engineers are snap-fit so there is also no way to see new boxed deals for them.

Are there any skryre-players here? Do you find skryre as a fun army to play in such small games?

>But 1d4chan tactics
Just don't
>you can't technically take a Demon Prince with them
You can - that's why you should not use 1d4shit
>Can I not mix Khorne and Nurgle units in the same army anymore?
Listen man, it's easy. You have 4 big grand alliances. You can mix anything within them so you can run nurgle daemons and khorne mortals on one list but it will be not as strong as mono-khorne mortals. There is a lot of mono-faction synergy in AoS
>but the ones that look cool (Kharadron Overlords) don't have a Start Collecting box and are crazy expensive
KO just got battleforce box or whatever it's called. It has about 800pts so you just need a box of Arkanaut Company to round your list down to 1000pts.
>Is it just me or does it seem like GW has no idea what they want to do with this game
I'm playing both 40k and AoS and I feel that GW has no idea what to do with both games

Salutations, fellow traditionalist wargame players! Though I ams usually Warhammer 40,000™ player, I want to make sweet product acquisitions of high quality Age of Sigmar™ Citadel® miniature. Help me choose which buying of purchase to be making firsts; Stormcast Eternal© or Nurgle Maggotkins© and how bests to spends all my moneys at Game Workshops©®™π

people hate on stormcasts but they are a neat army that can do anything. the new Nurgle models are awesome and their rules seem good

take a look at the Blightwar box set which comes with both nurgle and Stormcast,you could try both or sell off the army you prefer least

Why pick either of those shitty choices when you could build an army entirely of chaos gargants?

Hey guys, remember the free people/aelves lance rumour engine?

Micro-factions means new models, even if in a limited amount. Death already has a decent amount of units in most of its factions. Presumably, if Deathrattle got its own faction, it'd get another 3 or 4 new models. Same deal with Nighthaunt.

In theory, anyway. Really, it boils down to Death Players probably already having the entire range of models available to Death, since Death is basically Vampire Counts, and wanting new tots for their army.

In comparison to the other GAs they have had virtually no reason to buy anything, since what ever Death has in its army is the same thing it's always had. And since Death is 1:1 vampire counts, they have no other factions to branch into. Even Empire players were forced to get into Ironweld, and Wood Elves into Slyvanneth.

Veteran Stormbros, which have you found more useful on Raptors, hurricane or longshot crossbows?

Yeah, along with the 100% certain elf hair.

It's just annoying that they removed half the death line at the launch of AoS...

>I'm playing both 40k and AoS and I feel that GW has no idea what to do with both games
simple reason for that: the people that made GW a success all left the company by now

Oh shit, you are right. Fuck

Kirby will be missed.

GW was a mistake

Yup. Don't mistake pandering for competency. They're cannibalizing themselves and fan projects in a wave of nostalgia but the good people are gone and they won't hire new ones, so we get... This. And for now it's better than it was at least.

> REEEEE Every fucking sub faction needs battletome and snowflake treatment!!!
Listen up you fucking retard. It's not great. As an Ironjawz player, I have three (3) troops and heros; and one fucking monster. That's it. The allies rules mean Jack of all shit since it's so restrictive. Beastclaw is similar. So are the front factions. So are bonesplittas.
You WANT something like this, a combined book of the vein of the nurgle/Tzneetch/Khorne. Or ask the old rotbringers if they liked having ONE fucking battleline.

>Aelves aesthetic
>Actually Stormcast Space Marines

I cannot express in words my constant unparalleled amusement at elffags getting fucked over at every opportunity.

Imo both hands on this pic are just blood bowl models

Who fucking cares about the fucking nagash shit we got the new fucking adeptus custodes codex you bitch

>ONLY AELVES CAN HAVE HAIR

Wrong thread you dumb bitch

the hair seemed very likely but its no matter. The others still give me a lot of hope that Aelves will be coming.

>elffags getting fucked over

stop being a a jealous faggot

you know aelves are number one

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/09/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-grand-tournament-the-winning-army/

Which army is the best?