/swg/ Grand Admiral Edition

When 400 hundred posts old you reach, look as good you will not: Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ (embed)
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png (embed)
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG (embed)
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Legion battlefield setup preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/5/battlefield-recon/

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/

What design would you paint on your personal flagship?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BTL-S3_Y-wing_starfighter
lmgtfy.com/?q=the force is female
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So, I recently opened up an 'almanac' or something of the new canon, think it was called the "maps of Star Wars" or some shit. I was hoping for, you know, actual maps but instead the book was basically a bunch of cartoon timelines of locations; like on Tatooine they'd show little Anakin winning the podrace and then the next event in its history, all drawn up like a cartoon and so forth. The entire thing kind of digusted me, because I'm a huge EUfag, and the everything in new canon is abhorrent to me.

But then I opened up to a page of the battle of Yavin IV, and saw pictures of all the Rebel pilots in their cockpits; you know, Luke, Wedge, Biggs, Porkins, Gold Leader, Red Leader, all those cats.

And this woman.

Just sticking out like a sore thumb, with her perfect lips and beautiful hair, but her name. That fucking name. MY NAME! With an extra 'a' in it, sure. I had to know who this vixen is, who she replaced. To my dismay she was made into the last Y-Wing survivor of the battle, whereas in the past that was Keyan Farlander.

I am compelled to hate her because she is in the new canon, and replaced someone I liked. But why does she vex me so? Why can't I hate her? Why must we exist under these circumstances, on opposite sides of the canon battlefield? I lay in bed at night, thinking of her.

Why must life be pain?

I am not a special snowflake so what ever the color the standard is.

>What design would you paint on your personal flagship?
I would paint this woman: , just to trigger user.

Okay i have to disagree with you there. Keyan Farlander was not a great loss. As far as EU characters go we're not exactly at a loss for ace starfighter pilots who also manifested force powers

Evaan has a lot more punch and connections with Leia because she's an Alderaanian who lost her family.

I do have to agree with you on the almanacs though, I wish that they would include more than just the locations that show up in the movies and selected media spin offs

I rent out portions of the outer hull for businesses to use as ad space, Booster Terrik style.

>What design would you paint on your personal flagship?
Just run-of-the-mill gray with one or two big red Rebel Starbirds.
Heh.

I don't actually mind. The old canon was full of white heterosexual male human starfighter pilots who were also jedi already anyway. And then there was Arvel Crynyd (I think) who was played by a woman, but voiced over by a man.

>because she's an Alderaanian who lost her family.
So, any Alderaanian?

>Evaan has a lot more punch and connections with Leia because she's an Alderaanian who lost her family.
>LaughingWinterCelchu.holo

>whereas in the past that was Keyan Farlander.

It's fine.
Maybe that was an old style 2seater and she was in there with Keyan.

that reminds me, why don't the y-wings have a rear gunner?

I mean the Republic era of the ship did, along with more armor in general. it feels like the more modern fighter suffered a serious downgrade

>Implying Disney would ever bring back Keyan
He's got as much chance as Kyle Katarn. Force-sensitive white men have no future with Disney.

Different model/configuration.

Also, the Rebels are consistently undermanned.

Are the FFG RPG easily adaptable for games set in the Clone Wars or Old Republic eras?

you gotta admit Legends had a problem with making so many background characters from the movies force sensitives.

There's been a turreted Rebel Y-wing variant for ages, user.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BTL-S3_Y-wing_starfighter

Yes. There are a lot of clone war era fighters and walkers already statted for you. Unfortunately there are no full setting books, though.

I have no respect for any man named Kyle.

Ahhh, so is that what the whole Force is Female thing is supposed to mean?

definitely, the most you need to do is just alter fluff like gear and equipment names. if you're really anal you might want to check wookiepedia to see whether or not certain items would be available but otherwise the system works fine

This. The rebels used both the BTL-S3 (most common, two-man version) and the BTL-A4 (one man version).

Your Highness
You know I am a righteous man
Of my virtue I am justly proud

(Et tibit Vader)

Your Highness
You know I'm so much purer than
The common, vulgar, weak, rebel scum

(Quia peccavi nimis)

Then tell me, Lord Vader
Why I see her flying there
Why her smold'ring eyes still scorch my soul

(Cogitatione)

I feel her, I see her
The gas giant caught in her golden hair
Is blazing in me out of all control

(Verbo et opere)

Like fire
Death Star Fire
This fire in my skin
This burning
Desire
Is turning me to sin

It's not my fault
(Mea culpa)
I'm not to blame
It is the Rebel girl
The Jedi who sent this flame
(Mea maxima culpa)
It's not my fault
(Mea culpa)
If in the Emperor's plan
(Mea culpa)
He made the Rebel so much
Stronger than his men
(Mea maxima culpa)

Protect me, Lord Vader
Don't let this Rebel scum cast her spell
Don't let her X-Wing sear my flesh and bone
Destroy Evaan Verlaine
And let her taste the fires of hell
Or else let her be mine and mine alone

Hellfire
Death Star fire
Now Rebel, it's your turn
Choose me or
Alderaan's pyre
Be mine or you will burn

Emperor have mercy on her
(Kyrie Eleison)
Emperor have mercy on me
(Kyrie Eleison)
But she will be mine
Or she will burn!

some autism for you user

Has anyone claimed the Force as his waifu yet?

do you guys feel like the empire works better as an enforced atheistic state or one with strong agnostic overtones but no actual ban on religion?

How is religion even a thing in the Star Wars universe? They sure as hell would have had cults relating to the Force banned, but other than that?

So Legions is coming up and I'm very bad at painting white. However, I dimly recall that the EU had a sort of Warlord Era for the Empire where everybody balkanized--did any of those chucklefucks use an alternate paint scheme? I traditionally play historicals and the concept of making my own scheme is foreign and frightening so it will be my last reserve. If it helps 90% of the paints I own are various shades of brown or green.

>banned
I see this user hasn't heard of the Prophets of the Dark Side yet.

Some kind of silvered hex-pattern of the Eclipse SSD.

It's a pun on the feminist "The future is female" slogan but grognards think it's a commentary on canon

There are lots of religions. Most of them only get a few throwaway lines and there's certainly no dominant religion in the galaxy or space catholicism but many faiths seem to exist, usually endemic to a specific planet or sector of space, especially in the old legnds universe

I mean, the Force is just an energy field, and some beings are immune to it, so it's not like the Force "made" the galaxy, but many revere it as a religious being. Even still, there are numerous religions in the Expanded Universe and spiritual followings not related to the Force at all.

IIRC the Empire was cool with non-Force religions, so long as it wasn't religion that taught you to go on a holy war or do violent shit.

>it's a commentary on canon
Hard to see how it isn't, considering the liberal agenda in Disney's SW films.

Lots of them did, yeah

Just go look up Sengoku era Japanese armor and paint them like whatever one you like the most. Hell Vader is wearing what looks like a kabuto on his head, so it's not that far off.

Where can I find one these?

Name a story where Farlander has been relevant

Also he wasn't canonized as the Yavin Y-wing until 2011 as far as I can tell

So does this mean R2 is in a rock band

also >agenda

Hello, fellow Evan.

>Name a story where Farlander has been relevant
Well, that's easy. The Farlander Papers.

Can we not have that yet again?

The R2-D2 one is about humor.
The Force is Female one, unfortunately, is bad optics-wise to anyone who's mildly aware of the so-called cultural civil war going on in the West. To certain feminists it's a "dog-whistle" in support of them, to anti-feminists its a warning sign they're going to screw up SW's canon (not that Disney really needs feminism's help ruining Star Wars. Darth Mickey's doing just fine on his own with his apprentice EA).

It isn't? Look at how many female OCs we have had since KK took over LFL.

compared to the number of strong female characters in OldCanon that's a drop in the bucket

You're an idiot.

The Force Is Female is a slogan for a Nike product line, and has zero actual connection to star wars.

I'm pretty sure they meant their surname is Verline.

Female characters aren't the problem. The problem is how they are depicted. Not one is waifu material in your pic.
Apart of Aphra of course.

Hello, Evan!
No, I meant Evan.

>Not Sloane, Phasma or Jyn
Step it up desu

>Dr. Sleeve Tat
Pleb tier

A-Wing chan is where its at

>Caring about meatbags as waifu material
The only waifu material that matters is the ships. Granted, Legends still has nucanon beat in that regard.

>Phasma.
You mean the trash lady? What's waifu material about her? She betrayed the First order the first time she could and jobbed vs the janitor.

true shit

Dleet

Whats life like for the Mandalorians exiled from Mandalore? The brief bit I saw in TCW was they seemed to live a more tribal life, but with jetpacks, blasters, and more alcohol.

>Tfw your Waifus all have been put off of the canon.
The only nu-ship worht a damn are the U-wing, Tie Striker and the Profundity, the rest are meh or refits even worse than the originals.

The problem is most of these characters suck and reek of being mandated from above.

user, acept than your waifu is shit. SHIT!

Do you ever worry you're just forcing yourself to hate something you'd otherwise like user?

>The Force Is Female is a slogan for a Nike product line

Pics or it didn't happen.

Hell, even if it did, those were Star Wars creative folks wearing them. It's unlikely they were all advertising shoes.

I think that was just metaphor.

It may well have been, but I maintain.

Are you implying Sabine/Phasma/Sloane/Rey are good characters?

What's wrong with Sabine, and if you say its because she's a darksaber wielding princess I'm going to ignore you because she's neither of those things.

She is unlikable as fuck, going out of her way to be shitty to the rest of the squad? What you said isn't that hot either. You also forget she is a genious artist and military designer btw. And demolition expert.
How come Dark Filony, waifu killer, doesn't have axed her?

Not him, but my only real issue with her/her story is that she was a weapon designer for the Empire at like age 15 or something. Unless she's significantly older than she looks, at least.

Doesnt stop me liking her though.

lmgtfy.com/?q=the force is female
It's not hard.

Sabine is fine, slightly annoying when not given room to breath but has possibly the best single episode arc of any character in Rebels. Meanwhile, she's sharing the stage with multiple other characters, male and female, all of whom are pretty well written and have had interesting arcs.

Sloane, I can't talk on. I kinda liked her in Aftermath, being a sensible imperial officer, but she didn't redeem the trashfire of every other part of that book so I didn't keep reading.

Rey is in the middle of her arc, and was hilariously more tolerable in TLJ. Seeing more of her actual personality, seeing her fail, seeing her have an arc, all of it helped her character. I dare say there'll be media where she's my favorite character in a few years, although she isn't going to beat Kylo in his performances in both TLJ and the next one.

Phasma's femininity doesn't even come into play, considering she could be male and practically nothing would change. Her book makes her out to be self serving, which fits with how TFA shows her, and TLJ doesn't do much besides show that when she can grandstand and use the infrastructure around her to get what she wants she can.

She designed a better weapon than the fucking death star at 14.

*gasses your planet*

pffft nothing personal kid

A dodongo?

how closeted do you have to be to be this triggered about seeing more women

Her hair looks dumb. Also, she and her XWM TIE are reminders of the infinitely superior ladies of Wraith Squadron, who will never be canon again.

>The old canon was full of white heterosexual male human starfighter pilots who were also jedi already anyway.
Did Farlander actually get official Jedi training? Only other one I know is Corran Horn.

not "on-screen" but yeah, by the NJO (the only EU books he actually shows up in) he's an official member of the jedi order

Regardless of its origin, point about the creative folks wearing them sends bad optics to those sensitive to the culture wars on both sides. Do those who see it as a dog-whistle have their 'culture war' goggles on too tight? Perhaps. Not taking sides on the matter, just observing what I've seen in the community.

>Look at how many female OCs we have had since KK took over LFL.
Do we have any hard data on how many female OC main characters versus male OC main characters have been released since she was in charge? Genuinely curious on this.

>compared to the number of strong female characters in OldCanon that's a drop in the bucket
Just another reason why axing the entire EU like Disney did was a massive waste in potential.

This is why I feel that the problem isn't that "muh ess jay dubews are ruinin' muh star wars", but rather that there's all kinds of hooks in the sequel for extreme ideologues on both ends of the spectrum to attach themselves to or complain about.

The Clones wars beat that in Waifus and interesting female characters.

"the creative folks" is kathleen kennedy. one person posing with three fans.

at most, it's a minor PR gaff. It's still not a statement on canon.

Wraith Squadron a shit

>Just another reason why axing the entire EU like Disney did was a massive waste in potential.

But nothing about the EU was good. It was Palladium-tier power creep one book after another. Axing it was definitely the right choice; it's just they've replaced shit with shit.

Go away, Zsinj.

I liked the Ssi-ruuk and Xizor. Couldn't get myself to love the vidya characters as much as most people here do, though.

upon further review, the pictures in question were taken at an event where Kennedy was the keynote speaker for a film festival at the Archer School for Girls. She wasn't wearing it marching around Comic-con or some shit, but speaking as someone in the film industry to a bunch of film students at an all-girl's school.

but context is for losers FUCK THE LIBERAL AGENDA

Are the Falleen still canon?

Ok the women of Wraith Squadron a shit

Keyan's home planet got replaced by the Bendu's coral planet.

And I really do want to see the Bendu drawn in a giant version of the Agamar disguises from Wraith Squadron.

>but speaking as someone in the film industry to a bunch of film students at an all-girl's school.

That doesn't really fill one with confidence that it was just a coincidence or a non-statement.

Why wouldn't they be?

Oyah.

user, I'm afraid it is your tastes that are shit.

Underrated

Honestly. The EU had reached 40+ years post-RotJ of near continuous narrative, with a number of other works filling in gaps between trilogies and going back 4,000 years. I love the EU, and always will, but it was crowded as FUCK and the only directions left to go were delving into places that were so far removed from classic Star Wars that they might as well have been their own setting.

It had a GREAT run. But you gotta put the dog down eventually, man.

>having this shitty taste

Yeah, they popped up in TCW and a bunch of other stuff

Because I haven't seen enough of Rebels to know if something featured them that wasn't Legends.

Ah, okay then. Thank god, I liked the smooth fuckers.

>Just another reason why axing the entire EU like Disney did was a massive waste in potential.

You all need to stop seeing it this way and be glad the old EU is safe from future bullshit.

they don't even do anything, they're as useless as the Disney girls everyone is bitching about while being irrelevant

She was tasked with inspiring a crowd of girls hopeful to break into film. She's famous for her connection to Star Wars. If you see her shirt as anything more than an attempt at solidarity and inspiration for the students, you might have a persecution complex.

>If you see her shirt as anything more than an attempt at solidarity and inspiration for the students, you might have a persecution complex.

Having seen what's happened to Marvel Comics recently, I do not think seeing it as more than that is unreasonable at all. At *best*, it's an unintended dogwhistle.

>they dont even do anything

Oh.
So you havent even read the books then. I see.