Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Death Comes, And She's Three Feet Tall Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

How did the Amani react to the Scourge initially and later the flight of the elves?

WC3 to sometime during/after Cata I believe

WoWpedia says Zul'jin was basically eating popcorn while it was happening.

He then tried to finish them off but was driven back when they blew up the Sunwell.

So what's the bad roleplayer stereotype for each class and each race?

We've got GoT humans and feral worgen packs, what else is there?

If you saw a hooptie rolling down the street with gang members shouting about going to fuck some nigga up, you'd stay in the house too.

No elves discussion in this thread, please.

Let me kick-start it for you

>Daelin did nothing wrong

I don't even RP but I'm going to take a wild guess and presume there are a lot of Draenei pretending to be Eredar.

This is my favorite elf art, with Sylvanas sitting on her throne in second.

Katrana was a good leader.

I found the whole "Lux Vult" crowd to be annoying

Some do

I like how Alleria is holding the not!hunter bow upside down like a gangster.

Darkspear Troll RPing a non-Darkspear tribe, especially hostile ones like Gurubashi and Amani.
Tauren playing a Grimtotem.
The aforementioned Dragonmaw or Blackrock orcs.
Stick-up-their-ass human paladins who talk down to others and lecture on the nature of the Light, EVEN TO THE DRAENEI.

What's the Lux Vult crowd?

Pretty much crusader, with the Light instead of Christianity, roleplayers that think yelling random latin words means anything.

Speaking of Sylvanas being Elune, how can Blizzard write Sylvanas WORSE than Kerrigan?

what

Human/dwarf/draenei paladins (occasionally priests) who play at being crusaders and the ultimate infallible champions of the Light. The Light and the Alliance come before everything else, and they get to feel good when they get to smite something. Instead of being an icon and protector of the people, they want to be the undefetable champion.

As far as they're concerned, they ARE the Alliance; everyone else just supports them.

So how about them Void Elves? Still no-one warming up to them as the High Elf standins for the Alliance, or are we still butt-hurt about allied races beyond belief?

Night Elves need not reply, or even post ITT.

>Speaking of Sylvanas being Elune,
what

An imaginary nemesis.

Sounds irritating, but at the same time, probably appeals a lot to the DEUS VULT crowd that's popular right now.

Man, elves. For some baffling reason everyone's always on about elves.

Everyone was mostly cool with the other Allied Races but everything about the Elves made people angry.

Especially since, despite the Catholic aesthetics, the Church of the Light has next to nothing in common with Christianity. The Second War was the first time it ever had ANY martial strength at all, and the only two crusades in the entire setting were against undead. Even the damn Scarlet Crusade, zealots though they were, didn't actually attack people because of their faith, but paranoia about plague infection.

Ignore him. He's a retard who thinks Sylvanas isn't already exponentially worse written than Kerrigan.
Too many people don't accept that Brood War was, much like TFT, utter garbage storytelling.

That's the point. If you want to DEUS VULT and TAKE BACK JERUSALEM, play a human paladin and go balls-to-the-wall about it.

I like 'em. Why does the Void turn them British? i don't know, but it's okay.

>Even the damn Scarlet Crusade, zealots though they were, didn't actually attack people because of their faith
Yeah, they did. If you couldn't prove you were a true believer quickly enough, they'd kill you or throw you to their inquisitors and torturers. If you weren't a human, you were doubly fucked. They were very much of the "anyone not with us is against us" mantra, especially as everything started tumbling down for them.

Turalyon and Alleria look amazing. How could Blizz fuck up them so badly? Is it really that hard to make characters be competent and badass at the same time? And why they turned Turalyon into a generic clone of Tirion/Uther/Mograine? All the paladins in WC universe are the same. At least during WC2-era Turalyon was different from the others. He was like "a cool bro crusader" archetype.

While Paladins aren't meant to be infallible or invincible, they most certainly are the true protectors of Azeroth along with their permanent bro's, the Death Knights.

Also, it's not that Paladins are the Alliance, it's that Humans are the Alliance and everyone else is there to help us protect them.

Uther's nothing like those other guys though.

>Implying a WC2 character actually had a character

Gray beard, long hair. All about justice and shit. He is the same.

That's not what paladins in Warcraft ARE, though. You might as well make an orc that worships Malacath.

They killed outsiders because they believed that no one else were uninfected. Show me one single example of an outsider that got a pass just because of their faith.

Paladins and death knights teamed up for ONE expansion, and only because Tirion could conceivably beat the fuck out of every single death knight around him, so Mograine and the rest had to play fair.

Congratulations, you know Uther's lines in Hearthstone.

Did WC2 even have the super special units have a word within a cutscene? Or was it just unique click VOs?

>Implying a WC2 character actually had a character
It's not a compelling character, sure, but a character that was a little bit different. But now they are all the same.

>That's not what paladins in Warcraft ARE, though. You might as well make an orc that worships Malacath.
And that's why they're shit RPers. I mean, there's nothing wrong with playing a zealot paladin, as those are a thing. But at least be smart about it.

>Did WC2 even have the super special units have a word within a cutscene? Or was it just unique click VOs?
He was talking about books probably.

No, it was because we did a lot of jousting and became friends for life. Keep up with the lore, faggot., there's a reason we're still cool after Light's Hope 2, Electric Boogaloo. No Paladin worth a damn gives a shit if he/she dies to a DK or actually believes the Light would ever let Tirion be raised as one.
If you knew anything about chivalry, you'd understand.

I can feel your pain, user.

It's a play on the "We must retake Lordaeron!" crowd. Its super annoying to be around and very rarely ever done right.

>As news of the Crusaders' rising madness compete with tales of their good deeds and names of heroes amongst their ranks, especially the less informed peasants of regions far away from former Lordaeron still view this organization as a stalwart defender against the undead threat. In part, this is true, as the Crusade has indeed rescued refugees and defended civilian settlements in the Plaguelands many times, including a project to re-settle villages that have been destroyed by the Scourge during the war. Also, Scarlet Crusaders are protecting the Solliden Farmstead and its inhabitants, making it one of the few places in northern Lordaeron where the native farmfolk have survived to this day and also one of the few places in Lordaeron where they can get food that is unaffected by the plague of undeath.
>The Scarlet Crusade has killed countless refugees fleeing the horrors of the Scourge, regarding them as possible carriers of the plague or even undead sympathizers, and their growing zealotry has started to make the Crusade enemies all over Azeroth. Travelers are advised to stay clear of Scarlet Crusaders regardless of whether any undead are in the party. The Scarlet Crusade can be friend or foe, but it is generally the enemy of anyone who cannot prove that he or she is alive — qualifications and interpretation being subject to change without notice.
tl;dr - The Scarlet Crusade DID partake in cursory humanitarian work, but it doesn't change that they were unstable and that anyone could be considered an enemy of the Crusade at any time without reason.

>People always shitpost about their least favourite roleplay groups
>Exposing themselves as people who actually roleplay on WoW

>no bad Gnome stereotype
>because nobody RP's them

Continuing a point from last thread I think one reason the Night Elves are less snooty than other elves in other settings is they were designed to be pretty savage.

The snooty elf archetype was taken by the High Elves who got the boot from Night Elf society thousands of years ago

I stopped playing a long time ago, and I will openly admit that I dove into the WoW RP scene out of that trainwreck curiosity. I wanted to see if it really was as bad as everyone says it is. For the most part, they're right, but there's the rare diamond in the rough you can find in the shit pile if you're willing to dig.

>because they're canonically one bad stereotype

you must main a DK if you think any paladin roleplayer would be alright with what happened to Lights Hope Chapel during the DK campaign

It's always the cutesy type character from my experiences. No one is willing to beyond that because their race is treated as a joke by both other players and Blizzard

The worst are the fucks who don't even roleplay, I mean wtf are they even doing in a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game? The non-RPfags need to have their accounts deleted, IMMEDIATELY.

If Saurfang dies, should the next Warchief be a Peon?

Gnomes are arguably the easiest race to RP.
>Be book smart
>Be naturally inquisitive about anything, especially things in your field of interest
>Keep optimistic; if the total devastation of your capital can't keep you down, nothing can
>Pride yourself on being the smartest motherfucker in the room at any given moment, but never deny yourself an opportunity to learn

My role is tank.

Am a Paladin actually, I just see the big picture and am not a fucking pussy.

So would you have let them take Tirion's body from the mausoleum?

I wish they weren't tinker retards. If they were more like Chromie, who isn't even a fucking Gnome, they'd be better.

Human are much easier.
>Be whatever you want because you're a human and not an obnoxious stereotype.

What helmet is that?

You fucking blasphemer cuck, the Light wasn't going to let them take Tirion's body. Do you have absolutely no faith? I should flog you right now, but I'll let you flagellate if you believe it can redeem your honor.

>warcraft humans
>not obnoxious stereotypes

>too much of a brainlet to play a non-human in a way that isn't a shallow one dimensional stereotype

git gud

"My father once told me the world was gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed" -Jaina Proudmoore

It's the Silver Hand Crown seen from an angle where the arms block the headwings. The entire thing is a Silver Hand set with a Cataclysm PvP cape and an Honor Hold tabard for that classy blue feel.

Are these WC3 concept arts? Where can I find a stash of them?

>keep optimistic
Alternatively, if you want things to get creepy:

>your ability to feel sadness or pain burned out over several years from overuse
>you haven't frowned once since
>not even the time you were almost eaten by a giant fish

You're getting rusty, user.

yup, back when Night Elves were actually the non-hippie tree huggers they are today. Just type in wc3 concept art on google.

>the Light wasn't going to let them take Tirion's body
Are you sure about that?

I am tired. So tired.

I like the female ears. A lot more alien and seemingly evolutionary.

I mean, it makes it that much sillier or serious when the gnome shouts "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIIIIE" and runs for the hills.

tank you jhon

>Death Knight
Hulking great experimental abomination of the Lich King that uses growth potions. Has an abnormally shaped cock, regardless of gender.
>Demon Hunter
Independent demon hunter that became a demon hunter on their own or that broke away from Illidan because he's a big dummy.
>Druid
Not a druid IC, just a big feral panther that purrs and mews a lot.
>Hunter
Foul-mouthed asshole with a gun or a crossbow, super gritty and realistic. Pet isn't IC and you will be shouted down if you treat it like it's there.
>Mage
Member of the Kirin Tor, enlightened and euphoric in their independence from the silliness of factions.
>Monk
Either not a monk IC or autistically devoted to the lore of Pandaria that will never get touched upon again.
>Paladin
DEUS VULT BY THE LIGHT WE SHALL NOT ALLOW THESE HORDE SCUM TO DEFILE THIS WORLD ANY LONGER. Alternatively, blood knights.
>Priests
Edgy, insane devotees of the Old Gods who are totally subtle in their worship of the Void. You're clearly metagaming if you figure out they're cultists.
>Rogue
Grimy, gritty, grim and totally realistic roleplayer who writes everything in a fucking awful cockney accent full of apostrophes in their attempt to play some sort of urban scumbag.
>Shaman
Ah young one, you will never know the elements and the heart of the world like I do. Every post is an attempt to be as wise and condescending as possible. They only ever succeed at the former.
>Warlock
Sanctioned warlock, that infernal stomping behind him is perfectly legal. If you say otherwise, you're guilty of bad RP. Entirely legitimate warlock right here.
>Warrior
STEP IN LINE SOLDIER YOU'RE IN THE MILITARY NOW YOU WILL CALL ME BY MY RIGHTFUL MILITARY RANK OR YOU WILL BE GUILTY OF THE BADDEST RP

I would pay actual money for playable Mantid.

Did Christie Golden write anything good with fun Alliance fluff? She is mostly known for the Horde origin books.

>they only ever succeed at the latter.
FTFY.

Yes, because that's exactly what happened. The DK's and us sparred for a bit and then the Light started vaporizing them when they got too close to Tirion. Only two kinds of Paladins resisted - the kind who, like myself and Liadrin, just like to have a good chivalrous honorable duel once in a while, and the weak of faith who perished.
It's not even the DK's fault those runts died, I mean they could've bubbled anytime.

>Death Knight
"ISN'T ACTUALLY A DEATH KNIGHT" is probably the most flagrant RP flag about that class.

Thanks, was multitasking.

Mantid are too bad for armor sets.
I want fel orcs.

>Every post is an attempt to be as wise and condescending as possible. They only ever succeed at the former.
Isn't that a good thing?

>Death knight infiltrators in the Silver Hand false-flagging for the DKs
I'm onto you, user.

Here's how the Scarlet Crusade can still win...

what do you mean by "Fun" user?

>Guys, I'm just a Warrior, honest!
>What do you mean, "why are my eyes glowing blue?"
>The skulls are j-just for intimidation!
>What echo effect in my voice?
>'Runeblade?' What runeblade?

I would love WoW to have a TESO style store with custom animations, cosmetics and lots of toys / gimmicks for RP. Even just buying to unlock some races SWTOR style I'd be okay with at this point.

>What do you mean, I feel cold? I'm always cold, someone turn on the fireplace in here.
>I smell like the grave? Nah, I changed my potpourri in my armor this morning.
Kudos to the death knights who do everything in their power to pretend they're not actually dead.

That was a low-hanging fruit, I went for the next biggest warning sign, which was 'experimental abomination.' I've lost count of how many of those I've seen.

>muh falseflag boogeyman
Yeah, and 100% of the Deus Vult fags are actually Orc mains.
Fuck's sake, admit it. You all just hate Paladins and want them to be reduced to spineless twits who can't take a punch and roll with it. You actively want us to perpetuate the invincible and genocidal stereotype instead of playing the class AS CANON because it gives you more reasons to shitpost.

Because 2/3rds of the Alliance Allied Races didn't exist before the current patch. At least the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne Elves have had an expansions worth of characterisation. There was a very clear list of things that people wanted, and only two of them are confirmed for the game. Dark Iron Dwarfs and possibly Zandalari trolls? Or just any Troll that's not Darkspear. No Brown/Red Orcs, no broken Draenei. Just a "oh yeah we'll definitely maybe add more in the future?".

>The Light and the Alliance come before everything else

As it should

>Instead of being an icon and protector of the people

How does this contradict rh first point?

People wanted Alliance elves for years though, now we get them and the only price is their color is different and you'll have to pretend to be a High Elf rather than just be one. Which really shouldn't be a big deal unless you're on ADEU or anal retentive.

I agree that no brown orcs is dumb.

whats special about ADEU?

That's what the Scarlet Crusade is. If your argument is that no paladin act like that, the SC has paladin amongst its ranks making your point moot.

Can we please talk about the real heros of the setting, the Warlocks.