Is 100% OJ a traditional game? Sure, it's on computer, but it's a board, dice AND card game

Is 100% OJ a traditional game? Sure, it's on computer, but it's a board, dice AND card game.

Anyone here playing it? Your fvorite character? Your best strategy to ruin as many friendships as possible?

>Anyone here playing it? Your fvorite character? Your best strategy to ruin as many friendships as possible?

Marie Poppo

The point of OJ is not to win. It is to make someone else lose.

If I wanted to win, I'd play maximum nofun tomato+umaru, which I have surprisingly good, kiriko, or battlefield star breaker (who is best girl)

But the point of OJ is to make someone else lose. Which is why I play Nath, since her hyper essentially reads "Throw the game; FUCKING OBLITERATE someone."

It's not a quest, so it's a board game.

>Not playing russian roulette

can you play this game online?

It's on Steam.

Character Reference

It is a boardgame but I'm like 90% sure there is no physical boardgame. Can it be a Veeky Forums if it is only playable through vidya medium?

Also posting best girl

No. now go back to /v/

>updated
nice

>no last DLC

Ah, a fellow gentleman of refined taste.

New Yuki is pretty good too.

Nah, yuki D just ain't the same. I came here to bully not play a worse krila.

Got a question about this game. I always see it sitting there in the store, tempting me... But it has cards. And I fucking hate collectibles, TCGs, CCGs. How bad is it in 100%OJ? Am I forced to buy booster DLCs? Or is it more like a LCG?

>not shitting traps all over the field
>needing to be physically present to bully

You buy cards for in-game currency earned in matches. DLC add more cards and characters, so, in a way, it's like LCG with expansions.

kinda sad that i didn't buy this game during the steam sale.

It's almost always on sale just keep an eye out

Digital board games are kind of a weird middle ground, but I'd argue /v/ doesn't really have the frame of reference to discuss things like this, Armello, Gremlins Inc and so on, and a lot of them are great fun.

I picked up 100% OJ on sale a while back but never actually played it. Can anyone give me a tl;dr?

This chart is cancer. People need to stop posting it.

Everyone suffers the wrath of the dice gods

So, Talisman?

What do you mean by a tl;dr? Of the game mechanics? The characters? The in-game story?

Any or all, although the mechanics and what style of game it is would be a plus.

Surprised that LCGs and board games aren't more popular on PC other than stuff like board game simulator.

Games Workshop only just announced their LOTR LCG for Steam.

You mean Fantasy Flight Games, right?

I do find that new angle of theirs interesting. Starting a whole games studio for bringing tabletop stuff to PC, along with the possibility of original projects. It's going to be interesting to see what happens there.

It is interesting how many Veeky Forums things work well on digital platforms. My friends and I have played hundreds of hours of Sentinels of the Multiverse online, and the Mysterium experience works almost better over voicechat than in person.

I like the play the Jeb of 100% Orange Juice. SLOW AND STEADY!
People like you deserved ass cancer

The objective of the game is take and cause as much misery is possible

Ways to become free from the everlasting torment (i.e. "win", but the only way to truly win is not to play) is either play mario party without mario OR party and get as much stars as possible, or bring destruction and rain fire and brimstone upon other players (from here on referred to "victims").

You have a board with many different spaces and you travel across getting stars (but it's the way of the weenie) or getting into (wo)manly contests of strength with such fearsome foes as chickens, castles, black guys and murderous catgirls. To even the odds (ha), every character has a deck of cards which either give them bonuses, give your victims penalties or straight-up murderfuck anyone unfortunate enough to stay on the way to your release from this hell.

The game has touhorrific amounts of cute girl characters and a couple of dudes if you're into that. If you see a small annoying mouse thing, it is your sacred duty to make its life living hell. If you see a small annoying mouse thing in gold outfit, it is your fate to have living hell unleashed on you.

remember - the Emperor protects.

The game has deck building bits of it. At the start of the game you pick your character and pick 15 cards from your owned pool (some cards are limited to 1 per deck, base limit is 3). These cards are shuffled together with the other three players' cards, and Hyper cards are added to the deck as well. Hyper cards are cards specific to a character that are generally powerful. Each character has their own stats, such as HP, DEF, ATK, EV, Recovery time, and other special abilities.

Each player has a Home that they start the game on. You move by rolling a d6 and moving that many spaces, there are many different kinds of spaces. Lots of different panels, some make you fight NPCs, some warp you, some give or take away stars.

Winning can be done two ways; Stars, or Wins. Defeating an enemy gives you Wins; NPCs give one win, other players give two, and bosses give three. You need 14 wins to win the game. Alternatively, Stars can be used to win as well. Having 200 stars will win you the game.

Advancing the win condition is done by landing on a Home panel while satisfying your current Norma. It can be anyone's home, but you can stop on your home mid-movement. Norma split up the win condition; Norma 1-5 must be satisfied before winning, and you can switch between Stars and Wins as you satisfy Norma. The norma steps go 10-30-70-120-200 for stars and _-2-5-7-9-14 for wins. Some cards require you to be a certain Norma before playing, so leveling up Norma is important.

>is a videogame a traditional game?!?!?!
No, fuck off back to

As for story and characters, it's a compilation game of the circle Orange_Juice's characters. The story is pretty much just them getting in silly contrived situations to play the board game. There are tons of DLC characters that make the game a lot more fun.

The games from Orange_Juice that are on steam are QP Shooting Dangerous!!, Suguri, Sora, Acceleration of Suguri, Acceleration of Suguri 2 (coming out soon™), 200% Mixed Juice!. Some games aren't on steam and/or have never been translated, namely Flying Red Barrel and the original QP Shooting.

It's not necessary, but at least watching a playthrough of the games with dialogue will give you insight into the characters and make the game more enjoyable. Above all, remember that this is a doujin board game and picking fun stuff is better than trying to win, especially because of the amount of luck involved to begin with.

There's also a loli or two if you're into that sorta thing

Nanako belongs to Kae though.

I didn't say you could have her, only that she is there

Somebody actually made a Chat meme for 100% Orange Juice, I'm surprised.

I'd say it probably fits under the Commander Keene Clause, so yeah it's Veeky Forums related

why is it called the commander keen clause?

It's something before your time

It’s an old rule man

fuck off keen you got fucked in hell by demons

Found the furfag.

Furfags get bodybags

You haven't lived until you've played a game of OJ with Yuki (Dangerous), Kirla, Saki, and Star Breaker.

Nowhere is safe.

Then someone plays star blasting light and wipes everyone.

Very outdated but still the most accurate tier list.

furfag REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't think the creator knew what sandbagging is.