MTGO Pauper Guide

>MTGO Pauper Guide
cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Delver
>Stompy
>Affinity
>Mono B Merchant
>Bogles

>Thread Queston:
What cards are you exited for from Rivals?

>What cards are you exited for from Rivals?
The little Phyrexian Rager looks pretty interesting. I like Rager more, but having 8 of the effect could be interesting to play around with.

Boros is best and most fun deck.

>A balanced meta? What's that?

Nigga how old is this fucking image that you've been trying to push?

There are entire decks missing from it.

Pauper is still a heavily aggro themed format. A lot of the best decks are aggressive dude decks. Nothing wrong with that, but that's how it is.

Blame WotC for banning every good combo deck. RIP Temporal Fissure.

>how old is this fucking image
>The dates of last events are from this month
Keep denying that your format is shit

Well, sorry OP. I guess you can try this thread again after this guy has offed himself after one last wank in the Wendy's bathroom to a picture of that one girl who smiled at him in tenth grade.

>I can't refute the evidence of his argument.
>I will call him a fag, that will show him

First, he never called you a fag, he very specifically implied you were straight, just a feckless, foreveralone permavirgin who will die never knowing the pillow caress of a woman's bosom.

Second, aggro makes up a majority of basically every format, especially recently. WotC constantly pushes creatures as the most important part of the game, and restricts "complex" (ie powerful and interesting) effects to uncommon or rare.

So, yeah, when you say "Lol most of the decks are aggro" it's not that anyone can or can't refute it, it's just not an important point.

At all.

How good is Torex? Seems like looping Spore Frog can lock out a lot of decks/

I mean our format can cast Gush and Counterspell so that's plenty better than Legacy and Modern in my books already. I'm sorry you're salty you had to spend twenty time as much cash just to get the same level of gameplay complexity.

I'm always a Tortex sceptic but that's because I'm the sort of loser that never draws his value/combo pieces in the right order. If you're a normal person that doesn't need Brainstorm/Ponder/Preordain just to not draw shitty cards go for it. Just be aware that drawing and resolving Tortex is gonna be most of your gameplay from what I've seen.

Who's on the GP path? I just drove five hours from LA to Santa Clara just to play Pauper tomorrow.

What would you say defines a card as Pauper playable? Yes something can fit into a pre-existing deck, but when do you look at something and say "this needs to be a thing?"

And on another note, do you think paper Pauper events will incentivize more Pauper-related reprints from WotC?

>Who's on the GP path? I just drove five hours from LA to Santa Clara just to play Pauper tomorrow.

People are unironically driving 10+ hours to pay 10-20$ glorified fnm events.
I never thought the Jewish tendrils of WOTC had dug this deeply into the brains of mtg players.

I'm gonna be playing, but I live here so no real opportunity cost. This'll be my first time playing pauper actually. I'm on Boros Monarch.

>Pauper is still a heavily aggro themed format
Not that surprising given that cards that provide reliable two-for-ones or card advantage in general aren't that, uh, common at common. The creatures also tend to be fairly vanilla which also naturally pushes you towards aggressive strategies.

>loads of diverse decks
>interactive games
>no mistakes and solitaire decks combo shitters

The only thing the format is missing is one more competitive control deck.

also:
>mono U delver
>aggro

Top burn user

A) it's hard to say. Remember blightning is unplayable in pauper.
B) I'd love to see pauper masters line up the paper and online lists.

tron is really powerful through.
Also most of the combo was storm or land untap, which proved to be too strong and uninteractive. I'd say Eye Candy is more of a combo than aggro for example

Isn't there a turn 2 combo in the format? UW or something?