/swg/ Imperial Valour Edition

Last thread Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ (embed)
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png (embed)
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG (embed)
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Legion battlefield setup preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/5/battlefield-recon/

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mMS4i-Lsg3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So, I recently opened up an 'almanac' or something of the new canon, think it was called the "maps of Star Wars" or some shit. I was hoping for, you know, actual maps but instead the book was basically a bunch of cartoon timelines of locations; like on Tatooine they'd show little Anakin winning the podrace and then the next event in its history, all drawn up like a cartoon and so forth. The entire thing kind of digusted me, because I'm a huge EUfag, and the everything in new canon is abhorrent to me.

But then I opened up to a page of the battle of Yavin IV, and saw pictures of all the Rebel pilots in their cockpits; you know, Luke, Wedge, Biggs, Porkins, Gold Leader, Red Leader, all those cats.

And this woman.

Just sticking out like a sore thumb, with her perfect lips and beautiful hair, but her name. That fucking name. MY NAME! With an extra 'a' in it, sure. I had to know who this vixen is, who she replaced. To my dismay she was made into the last Y-Wing survivor of the battle, whereas in the past that was Keyan Farlander.

I am compelled to hate her because she is in the new canon, and replaced someone I liked. But why does she vex me so? Why can't I hate her? Why must we exist under these circumstances, on opposite sides of the canon battlefield? I lay in bed at night, thinking of her.

Why must life be pain?

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

>another generic stronk wymyn
>but this time, literally, actually, objectively, taking the place of a dude in literally all ways
Poetry.

She’s realizing her potential.

How can other navies even compete?

You made this exact same post last thread.

The other navies have Kathleen at their helm. And aren't crewed by bigoted, homophobic, racist, Nazi, DRUMMMPF-supporting man-children.

What fucking potential. What has she even done besides replace Keyan exactly?
Ain't even got a fun-ass game to her name.

She's also the replacement for Winter in the role of "Alderaanian who goes on undercover adventures with Leia"

Eww. At least I could believe Winter (in most depictions) doing Tactical Espionage Action.

I'm about to play a SW edge of the empire game

I want to make the medic from Team Fortress as a character

help me make my character

i have 1 brawn 2 agility 4 intelect 3 cunning 2 willpower and 2 presence
i took 4 in medicine 1 in computers one in cool 1 in deception 2 in survival 1 in streetwise and 2 in light blasters

>1 brawn
You've never witnessed the wrath of a crit Ubersaw.

Was rewatching the Phantom Menace and, you know what, I really like this scene, especially this exchange:

>ANAKIN : I...I was wondering...something...
>QUI-GON : What?
>ANAKIN : Well, ahhh...you're a Jedi Knight, aren't you?
>QUI-GON : What makes you think that?
>ANAKIN : I saw your laser sword. Only Jedi carry that kind of weapon.
>QUI-GON : Perhaps I killed a Jedi and stole it from him.
>ANAKIN : I don't think so... No one can kill a Jedi Knight.
>QUI-GON : I wish that were so...

I think it's a really nice little moment between the characters, and yeah, I realize the irony of Anakin saying nobody can kill a Jedi when he's going to grow up to kill them all, and the foreshadowing of Jinn saying he wish that were so when he's going to die in this movie.

Hi /swg/;

Longtime d20 player playing SWSE for the first time. Got any good help for making a one-blaster pistol gunslinger?

If you ignore the worse elements, child acting, and JarJar, TPM really isn't that bad of a movie. Like I legit enjoyed the Anti-Cheese Edit.

Yeah, I feel that way. It's definitely a really cozy space adventure. And even some of the gungan designs are really good, I feel like they'd be an alright race if you ignored Jar Jar and Boss Nass.

>they'd be an alright race if you ignored Jar Jar and Boss Nass
They're alright enough to have one of the most fun campaigns in Galactic Battlegrounds, that's for sure.

Biotech is inherently nifty.
Also
>Boss Nass
>Implying there's anything wrong with Brian Blessed

What should I do if my GM starts to turn our Force and Destiny campaign into irl Kreiaposting?

youtube.com/watch?v=mMS4i-Lsg3U

WE DID IT BOYS!

TRIOCULUS HAS SPREAD HIS DARK GREETINGS!

The IL regional stream is full of Trioculus cards (until the host confiscated them).

I will try to get on stream in the single elimination rounds tomorrow, so that Trioculus's glory may expand further.

Nice MG34s

Ahahahaha good job, you crazy diamond. Who knows, maybe they'll make a promo card for kicks.

Welcome to Star Wars props?

Where can I find more art of Best Governor?

I like that just leaving the mag out changes the look of so many guns, I bet a MP5 without it's mag looks like a blaster

I just want you to know, I didn't expect that, and now my screen is covered in soup

Why did the host confiscate them

He’s a traitor and a member of the rebel alliance?

Its almost like , its a troll post.

So I have brought the consortium into my game as an additional party that mucks things up.

I can't shake the feeling that I am making a mistake

Where do I find more art of Mandalorian girls with their helmets on?

IIRC FFG has expanded the lore of the Consortium a bit

While they're surpemely edgy and gamebreaking in FoC they're not a bad idea for a third faction.

Just play it cool and don't Mary sue them and it should work out great

Btw for those interested his stock seems to read "Our Russia"

Thing I've learned about George is that he's not a bad director, or even a bad writer. There are many fantastic scenes, lines, and performances throughout the PT. His biggest flaw, and probably one that isn't his own fault, is that he's a director that people won't say "no" to.

Remember how ANH was full of great stuff, but also shit, and how editing saved it because people told Lucas "ay man, some of this is great, but this other stuff? no".

Same thing happened in TPM. There's some great stuff to be found, but the problem is that when George went from suggesting a poignant and well-written scene between Qui-Gon and Anakin, no one said "no" when he also suggested the cartoon Jamaican rabbit needed to step in poop.

He got too big of a rep to the point that either no one wanted to stop his decisions or no one thought his bad decisions were bad.

So, my party is starting off as a freelance group of freight movers. Not exactly smugglers (or at least, not yet), as they only move stuff that's legal at the moment. I've already got a couple ideas for encounters, and a couple shipments, but does anyone have any fun things for the crew to encounter or move?

Medicine to poor people who need it and don't want to register for imperial health care

If they are in the dice cam, you force everyone on twitch to see a Trioculus take up most of the screen.

Check out the AR-57 (AR lower with a special upper chambered in 5.7mm). It looks a LOT like blaster, especially if the upper doesn't have railz down the barrel everywhere. My buddy made one and put a suppressor on it and the first thought I had was that it looked like an E-11 had a baby with an AR, and it was glorious.

it was so quiet I didn't wear earpro, which is a bad habbit, but my /k/ boner wouldn't stop

Kinda wonder how Clone Wars went bts, because apparently George had enough power that he had entire episodes redone and that in general came out pretty bangers.

Good idea. That work pretty well, considering the crew is going to be operating on the outer rim, and I plan on them clashing with a gang of pirates similar to Hondo and his crew on a regular basis

1 Brawn is instagib. Your THRESHOLD never goes up. Just your soak.

This character will be splattered in the first hard fight the group has.

>They're transporting medical supplies shortly after the Battle of Hoth and are attacked by Rebels trying to steal the cargo.

>They're running a simple delivery mission to a wealthy celebrity, but it turns out the celebrity's been murdered, and the group is framed.

>The party is being paid an incredible sum of credits to deliver some rich guy's "fix" (spice, chems, the works) to him. The problem is he's currently held up in his personal bunker in a city on a planet that's a warzone between Imperial and Rebel forces. The party has to traverse the Imperial blockade, sneak or fight through Rebel lines, and outrun an Imperial artillery strike to get to the rich guy's bunker. Oh, and his security system's been fucked thanks to Rebels hacking the city defense grid, so the rogue system also has a small army of droids to contend with.

>Czerka Arms is offering a handsome reward for the delivery of some prototype technology to its warehouse. Except they're offering the same deal to five different courier groups, and only one gets the pay. Will the party use diplomacy, subterfuge, or violence to outwit the other four groups? Is Czerka trying to get desperate delivery folks to test their new tech out for them?

>The group is given a simple delivery and it goes well at first, until their buyer accuses them of scamming him, as they already arrived and gave him his goods. Security footage shows, indeed, the party apparently arrived an hour earlier and delivered the same shipment they have now. But how?

>The group comes across a damaged one-person ship. The pilot unfortunately is beyond saving, having succumbed to the vacuum long before the group arrived. He was carrying some odd blueprints with him, however; decrypted ones. Ones to an Imperial battlestation. Plans with an accompanying message; that the ill-fated pilot was to deliver the plans to an Alderaanian princess, and that Imperials would certainly be looking for him. What will the party make of this?

He had people that were able to make good counterpoints and he mostly went in as the broad strokes man.

Maybe some low level criminals - the kind who just stole food to feed their families kinda thing.
They're not wanted by Imperials, just by some two-bit local militias run by the local bastard.

they've got to pack and move some fairly rich guy's household effects half way across the galaxy to his new home.
There is a lot of heavy, delicate furniture and an ancestral lead brick collection involved

>broad strokes man
>literally footage of him sitting everyone down to talk about the meticulous morality of the force

As in he was nopt writting every script and his involvement in a lot of episodes was more on the scale of "hey man you can make the camera more emotionally impactful"

But I'm not trying to discredit the man either

...freelance how? In which era? Are they sharp enough to avoid becoming unwitting smugglers?

My group has a bulk cargo hauler. They mostly run a triangle route through Outer Rim sectors doing the "acquire raw good, deliver to manufactory world, acquire finished good, deliver to consumer world, acquire luxury good, deliver to raw good world" thing. I initially set them up on it and they kept doing it.

Now most of the sessions about their Rebel Alliance work but the implication is that they continue to do regular cargo runs to fund their operations.

They're at the point, skill-wise, where they can basically fabricate falsified transponders at will, which is good enough to get them anywhere without a significant Imperial Navy presence.

The ship's look is getting pretty distinctive soon and I think they may be blockade runners in short order (they've already done it once).

But this fits in my goals for the campaign so I'm fine with it.

I'm playing up the corruption aspect by having them act as agitators stirring up local conflicts so they can sell illegal arms to all sides

My PCs just captured what they will find out to be a defiler, so that's an interesting mess

Hey guys what are some good Darth names and don't say Icky or Insanius, George?

Rebellion era, somewhere after yavin but before endor. The party is an retired imperial navy officer who used his life savings to buy a ship to travel the galaxy in, a ex trooper who was tired of getting shot at by rebels, and a commando droid who had a heuristic processor installed by a scavenger after the clone wars. No idea as yet if they'll avoid becoming smugglers

Feel free to steal my post KotoR 2 villain, Darth Legatius. Based him on pic related.

Darth Incendius
Darth Viator
Darth Oroborous
Darth Inamora
Darth Ferox

What kind of Sith are you thinking of?

Thank you.

A big tough brute of a guy.

Brutius

Darth Benis

You just know

Just know what?

Can someone explain to me why Luke spent so much time doing nothing? Obiwan & Yoda were wanted men & they still watched over Luke until it's time to train him. Luke's a war hero during an age where the NR was the dominant power & the Empire who hunted Jedi. Why'd he spend so much time doing nothing when his worse off teachers were more active?

*& not the age of the Empire who hunted Jedi

How can one picture give such a boner

>not the oh fug! tie fidders :D :D :D :D spurdo droid

Not gonna lie, user, I thought that was going to be a reply to or

He actually took quite a while, darth benis was easy

They can't.

I don't think the Imp Navy's ever lost a fair fight in EU or Newcanon, only when plot armor or Sue-tier heroes are involved.

Darth Rend.

>A big tough brute of a guy.

In that case Darth Hardy.

>I don't think the Imp Navy's ever lost a fair fight in EU or Newcanon
if they were so overwhelmingly powerful, they rightfully shouldn't have considered the alliance a threat, but all the people with smarter heads on their shoulders know just how fragile their hold on the systems were

also scarif was a decisive, though expensive, victory for the rebs, with the rebs more than holding their own against a similarly sized foe

Oh god it hurts.

That's why I said "fair". The Imp Navy definitely lost quite a few times, but it was never truly fair. The majority of the time it was from obvious plot armor or because the heroes were Sues. More realistic times were when it was outnumbered, ambushed, or sabotaged. There probably were a few cases where it was genuinely outfought, but that was pretty rare.

Not even trying to Impfag here, but the Imperial Navy had better ships, better leaders, and better crew than the Rebels and New Republic. X-Wings may've been a one-up to TIE Fighters, but that was about it.

>scariff
You mean the battle where the crews of two ISDs, important ships that would've had well-trained crews on them guarding a top secret research planet, acted like total dumbfucks and were done in because a small cargo ship did something that was stupid even by the standards of Star Wars physics?

EU or NuCanon? If the former, the guy was trying to rebuild the entire Jedi order with the equivalent of WikiHow as his guide to train Jedi. If the latter, shitty writing and wiping away all of his efforts because Darth Jugears went nuts. That'd send you into a hermitage if your students so radically rejected your teachings.

you shouldn't be this drunk this early in the day, c'mon m8

>acted like total dumbfucks
standing back, letting your TIEs tangle with their ships, while you pummel them with your superior weapons so they cant use their superior number to flank them sounds reasonable enough

but the ramming attack was the coup de grace, after concentrated fire and X-wing bombing runs beat the ISDs shields, allowing the Y-wings ion torps to disable it, which is how the hammerhead closed in for the big push

>better ships
fighters were generally inferior on a 1:1 basis
ISD could beat most things the rebels had in a straight fight, which is why the rebels preffered to leverage their superior fighters
>better leaders
for every veers or piett, there was at least another ozzel or motti
like the nazis they were based off, they were full of coat tail riders and suck ups who knew that flattery was faster way to the top than competence
>better crew
its stated in most sources that the rebels were often the more skilled and better motivated on an individual scale

The latter. Just feels odd that Obiwan & Yoda who were actively hunted by the ruling government & dead friends still did shit while he was a war hero to the ruling government & living friends just sat there & let the FO gain power.

Where did all these tactics happen? In what I saw, the Imperial crewmen ran around like headless chickens while the Rebels blew them to bits then took them down with a penis-shaped cargo ship, because evil is dumb and designated good guys never lose. Fuck Rogue One, by the way.

>fighters were generally inferior on a 1:1 basis
I'll agree there on the standard fighters, though Interceptors could give X-Wings a (literal) run for their money.
>leaders
I mean, even if some Imperial naval officers were suck-ups or basically bought-ins, it doesn't mean they still didn't have skill, and it doesn't mean all of them were like that. Outside of Dodonna, Ackbar, and Wedge, the Rebel Navy has a lot of subpar dudes who are usually inexperienced or untrained, or, just like some of their Imperial counterparts, guys who are friends and/or suckups to the Rebel brass.

>like the nazis they were based off

lol

>its stated in most sources that the rebels were often the more skilled and better motivated on an individual scale

I think only WEG's Rebel sourcebook says that, which is pretty contradictory, as the Imperial sourcebook talks about how good the Navy is, and in other books the Imperial Navy is typically superior, and in FFG's books they're better in raw stats and fluff alike.

None of this is coming from a hostile tone to you btw. It's cool if you disagree and think differently.

See my previous. The sequel trilogy has gone out of its way to make all of the characters' efforts by the end of RotJ pointless. Luke seems to have spent around a decade fucking around building the Jedi Temple, then the rest of the time hiding out feeling sorry for himself because reasons.

>Fuck Rogue One, by the way.
Not that user, but I'll tolerate the back half of R1 as the combination D6/Cracken's NRI and Rogue Squadron movie we'll never get. The rest of it feels lifeless though.

>though Interceptors could give X-Wings a (literal) run for their money.
rebel fighters were skilled enough that a Y-wing shot down two interceptors in RotJ

>even if some Imperial naval officers were suck-ups or basically bought-ins, it doesn't mean they still didn't have skill, and it doesn't mean all of them were like that.
thats the thing, the imperials were giant bureaucracy full of people with their own agenda and power plays, which ends up with people needing to be strangled by vader just to keep the machine moving
and yes, they are space nazis, its fairly obvious, where the honorable yet intelligent rommels are sent to Antarctica, while the incompetent goering ends up in charge of the entire fleet
whereas the initially bickering and squabbling rebels, get their crap together, and become a cohesive fighting force capable of running circles around their bigger meaner foes

So just got back from watching Last Jedi and I finally have my answer to do Disney just want another cash cow? Or will they make good Star Wars movies that I feel the setting deserves? Nope just another Cash Cow.

Why did anything happen in this movie? Everyone would've have gotten abetter result if they had just spent the two and a half hours just sitting back twiddling their damn thumbs or playing fucking Monopoly.

At least it wasn't a total rehash of Empire Strikes back.

thats a recurring theme in star wars though
david beats goliath

the empire is full of hubris and arrogance, with the sole intent of bigger is better, more is stronger
the big blunt brutishness of the empire is routinely beaten by their far more clever foes
ISDs are beaten by fighters, death stars are destroyed by X-wings, walkers are beaten with tow cables and logs
not because primitive is better, but they are set in their arrogant ways that their big and invincible weapons can never be bested in any fight, that they fail to consider that perhaps they arent strongest after all
its not so much that the heroes are just lucky so much as the empire never sits down to consider that maybe the small ships are more dangerous than they realize
tagge is the exception, not the norm
mottis belief that the empire can never be harmed no matter what the rebels have is the norm

Is this why the First Order beats the New Republic? I’m curious how the Imperial Remnant would have reacted.

No he's definitely a hundred percent right. The TIE's we see in the movies are WoG made from paper mache. They're fast and theirs a shit ton of them but that's about it.

And if it was actually competent than Vader sure as shit wouldn't have to strangle people so much. I mean he totally still would, but he'd have less reasons other than, 'you're reasonably competent but you fucked up reasonably badly' and 'I feel like it'.

Vader chokes a total of four people over the course of the OT, and one of those was nonlethally because he was literally mocking Vader to his face, and another was a Rebel captain.

>Vader chokes a total of four people over the course of the OT
its implied by the line "the emperor is not as forgiving as i am" that this kind of corporeal punishment is the norm
even if it isnt literally strangling, he has a reputation for being the second worst task master in the galaxy

Not really arguing against us here.

I mean lets face it. If the Empire had competent people in charge than the Rebel alliance would never have stood a chance. And yet they did because the Empire didn't.

You're not really arguing either.

"It's a David and Goliath story" is not an argument.

I'm pretty sure that line was in relation to the situation. Notice that the Emperor arrives and literally nothing happens.

To be fair, Needa was the only one who didn’t deserve it. Han’s trick was both risky and rewarding. Fucking Ozzel did stop it too late. Had they came out of hyperspace sooner so they could have approached them slowly and bombed from orbit before they knew what hit them.

>Notice that the Emperor arrives and literally nothing happens
probably because they were on schedule

>than the Rebel alliance would never have stood a chance
than how would you make the rebels stand a chance against the competent empire?

>than how would you make the rebels stand a chance against the competent empire?
he wouldn't, because he's a filthy import from /r/empiredidnothingwrong

How bad of an idea would it be to have the party fight a lone TIE fighter as a boss battle?

Depends on the system. FFG actually handles this the worst out of everything, though.

It would be in FFG
Why does it handle it the worst? Because of vehicle health and damage is multiplied by 10 vs non-vehicles?

How big a party, and what are they flying?

If you are using FFG, I strongly, STRONGLY, advise looking up all the fan-fixes for space combat and applying them.

The pilot of that fighter is going to have to be ridiculously statted to survive in FFG, even with the fanfixes. One solid hit would be enough to kill his fighter.

Because vehicle combat is pure rocket tag for anything less that a freighter.