Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

Street fightin' men edition.

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/bgy1rqd6

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

rottenfactory.eu/store/index.php
s.aliexpress.com/6ziqYjAZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for our OP links look ugly as fuck, we should do something.

That dog. How? Now.

Dogs are a man's best friend. Unless they're a Bretonnian truffle hound, and then apparently they'll bite your nuts off if you're not careful. Seriously, the Bretonnians cannot catch a break.

Small but vicious.

No friends. I want that pupper in my army. How do I do?

Hard to say. You might be able to find a terrier miniature out there, but it might be hard to get at the size for wargaming.

I know among the Bretonnian peasant bits that I got second-hand, there are a pair of dogs. They look a bit more like tiny wolves than cute terriers in colorful hats, but there's always kitbashing and greenstuff.

great stuff user I recall you posting it now, my only thought would be with the hands, try different coloured washes/base colours to replicate blood draining/different flesh types

I did some zombies earlier in last thread
for example on the banner is kislev flesh and a reikland fleshwash

you can get a paler 'drained' or norscan tone by using a flesh wash on ushabti bone, you can see the paler greyer dudes
that I've done that way

as one little suggestion, you've made a neat khornate altar but WHERE DA SKULLS AT MY MAN

Hey fellas so I have had this idea in my head for a couple of days now. I'm a bit new with any actual fantasy rules but I thought of grabbing the old 3rd Edition Rulebook and if I could snag the Warhammer World reprint of Slaves to Darkness I could try my own hand at making two armies and a nice scenario-driven board for a cool battle. I've heard there is a lot of customization with your armies with the older rules and a lot more "just for fun" rules. Can anyone attest to this and also give someone some advice maybe when wanting to get into this sorta thing. Also any mini-producers giving off the classic Warhammer look since AoS is kinda anime fantasy.

>pic unrelated but damn that's a good mini

Have FW dropped the Ettin lads?

>Just set up a table for a match
>Going all fluff lists
>Clan Moulder monster mash. Throt the unclean comin' through
>We roll our spells, I roll skweels ability (poison rat death blob), ready to go
>games ready for tomorrow
>One last look at list before leaving
>I dont have a fucking BSB
Fucking hell. I did not even realize that. Skaven cant function without it. Im going to have a bunch of monsters who dont know what to do.

>old 3rd Edition Rulebook and if I could snag the Warhammer World reprint of Slaves to Darkness I could try my own hand at making two armies and a nice scenario-driven board for a cool battle. I've heard there is a lot of customization with your armies with the older rules and a lot more "just for fun" rules. Can anyone attest to this and also give someone some advice maybe when wanting to get into this sorta thing. Also any mini-producers giving off the classic Warhammer look since AoS is kinda anime fantasy.
It's true, but the rules get out of hand with larger armies.
You may want to check the Path to Glory, it's a now-obscure iteration of warband-style Beast, Daemons and Warriors of Chaos combined skirmishes duking it out in the Chaos Wastes of the WH world of yore. If campaigning, individual units may gain different mutations, artefacts, blessings etc., until the leader achieves princehood I believe.
I can't recommend any mini-producers/recasters unfortunately.

Making a full battleground of a theme table plus armies is a lot of work but extremely rewarding. You'll get people asking to teach them how to play and it's a great conversation piece. So you want to work out the basics of your battle before you get started. Who is fighting whom and where. Then you want to decide on themes for your board, such as a frequently contested swampland, a city, chaos wastes, a castle siege, whatever. Get an extra few models for both armies just to add to the scenery. Terrain vlogs are all over YouTube, but you can get pretty good results quite quickly.

Yes the older books have some great customizability to really make your army feel like your dudes, and playing just for fun you have infinite options. There are hundreds of premade battles for you to pick and choose from and adapt to your table. Building what is essentially a retro playable diorama is pretty awesome. You could adapt something from an old white dwarf or build giant diorama that's a love letter to slaves of darkness. It's a lot of fun if you're looking for a big project.

>M8, if you're still around I'd really enjoy having someone to play RoR with. Back when it was still around I mostly played a Black Guard or a Disciple of Khaine. I'd love to get back into it. I made an account when they first started the private server but haven't been on in years. I hear they've added and fixed a lot.

I'm game. Where are you from, user?

And yeah, compared to the state of the private server back when it first started, the game is much, much improved.

>Dunno. I haven't played for years, but it's possible. I know the feeling though. I can't remember exactly but I recall hearing that both the Chosen and Black Orc were better than the Black Guard as far as tankiness and damage output went, so I always felt third string by comparison. Never felt like I made too much of an impact as a Black Guard but maybe it's just because I never had great gear. Same with Disciples of Khaine. Warrior Priests always seemed much, much better. Even tankier than the tanks sometimes.

Chosen and its Order counterpart are really good, because you can now have 3 curses activated at the same time, rather than just twisting through them. Now, while Chosen are great for tanking and taking hits, they lack AOE attacks, which the Black Orc and Blackguard do have, not to mention the BG has a much higher percentage of blocking.

gg no re, stick them close to your general for inspiring presence and pray.

what are you fighting anyway?

last of the zombies finally done, now I just have to base them and gloss them

sigmar bless this ravaged body
1/3

2/3

I'm dreading basing the most

What is your absolute favorite unit in Warhammer Fantasy? The one you want or have already tried to recreate in a DnD game because you just wanna be one.

I loved the idea of a singing knight so much that I loosely managed to bring it into D&D, and questing knights in general are just really cool. Still scouring ebay for a chance of getting a good deal.

going against 2000pt wood elf army, alot of ambushers and twilight sisters on gwindalor. Honestly its a terrible list I've brought:
>Throt the unclean
>Warlock engineer, warpmusket, lvl 2 wizard with skitterleap and warplightning
>Verminlord, plague, bless with filth, cloud of corruption, whither, dreaded 13th

>41x giant rats with Skweel gnaw-tooth, poison mutation
>6x master-bred rat ogres with master moulder
>9x rat swarm
>6x Jezzels
>1x Hellpit abomination

Throt makes giant rats and ogres core. Throts in with the rat-ogres, the warlocks in with the jezzels on the outskirts. My opponent always brings tough tree-men so the jezzels where supposed to lay some hurt on the elf sister cunts who wont die, and throt is supposed to fuck up some trees.

Theme is supposed to be a continuation of our last 500pt game where my clan was chased off from a cairn stone. After seeing the creatures, my clan tells Moulder about some nice specimens to get, in hopes the dirty work gets done.

3/3
that's the lot.

I fear for you, good luck with doing anything to those fucking sisters.
I really like narrative battles, with a small(500p and lower) battles leading up to a giant one, where your victory or defeat gains you advantages.

Good luck and please post many pics

>Also any mini-producers giving off the classic Warhammer look since AoS is kinda anime fantasy.
Avatars of War have some good minis.

Vouched for.
I love their Dwarfs and Elves. I wish they'd do more Daemons.

So in my quest for finding some Dwarf tat inspiration I found some pages of Khazalid. I thought I'd share them. This one is technically Chaos Dwarf Khazalid, but it should be interchangeable. Make the rounded marks more sharp and angular.

I'm totally going to paint Wazzok on a Slayer. Seems like something you'd take the Oath for.

These are neat. Good find.

Thanks. Hopefully others will find them useful.

Squigs.
Squigs and squigs.
Giant squigs tied together.
Squigs that shoot smaller squigs.
Baby boss squigs
Squigs for the whole family.
Ahhh yes. The old squiggly beast.

The Troll Dwarfslayer.

If it's Nurgle you're into you should definitely check out Rotten Factory. I haven't bought anything from there myself but he seems to be pretty popular over at the 9th Age forum. He even got some of his sketches into the the not!WoC armybook.

rottenfactory.eu/store/index.php

Forsaken without a doubt. I just love everything about them!

With the exception of their MoN ofc. That thing is pretty useless.

Man, I fucking love Adrian Smith's work.

Is there some kind of gallery or artbook for all the stuff he's made for WF?

What do you reckon their choices tell about these anons?

So I don't know if anyone's noticed but some of the lads in the Age of Smeg thread seem to be confident that this new undead book will be bringing Tomb Kings back.

Even if the rumours are true it will only bring back "Tmbo Kigns" which cost $20 per infantry model that looks like it came straight out of an anime expo.

I'm building a unit of 32 dwarf bros and completely forgot what a pain in the ass mold line removal was! I'm close to four hours in and there is still no end in sight!

hey user a fine file and a knife work wonders for that, do you have much of a dwarf army?

Greatswords, black orcs, blackguard. Every heavy infantry elite of otherwise mid-tier armies. Their role as the last line of defence or the first smack of impact is everything this game is about. I use them in every army I've got. The best thing 8th edition brought us.

Not directly a unit, but I tried to play something like pic related.

After many years of buying from small companies with really high quality control it is always a massive shock to the system when I dig out a GW figure to build.

If you can't find a 28mm terrier perhaps there are some 10-20mm larger dogs that would look okay for a smaller dog at 28mm.

Trollslayers, I find them a fun a fluffy unit. Shame I never got to use them

Nice touch! Classic approach, yet still fresh elements. I love many things from vintage minies, but green bases aren't one. Glad you went with something creative.

Im sorry to say, but those arent mine

Lewd.

There's one I got years ago called 'The Art of Adrian Smith'.
I doubt it's been scanned or anything though.

Just finneshed and came back to the thread. Prepparing a new warrior block for tommorrow's 3000pt game.

nice user, those are beautiful models I hope you paint them

For sure, they are next up to the painting block!

What's your list! I like that you're not using a lame narrow bus formation but a proper shieldwall!

>playing Return of Reckoning for 3 hours now
>completely solo PQ stuff

Holy fuck, is it really possible no one wants to farm for PQs or Mayhem set?

Kitted out Lord, spellbreaker runesmith and Thane BSB in a unit of 20 ironbreakers.
Fighting thane, spellbreaker runesmith and a unit of 33 dwarf warriors.
10 Hammerers
16 Thunderers and 16 Quarrellers
A cannon, grudge thrower, flame cannon, 2 organ guns and 2 Master Engineers

NOICE
I especially love the ogre.

You're doing Grungni's work lad.

Get them a proper movement tray! Why do so many people skimp out on movement trays? You can buy bags of nice MDF ones from eBay for next to nothing.

A bit too many warmachines for my taste, especiallu blackpowder, but otherwise very nice! What's your lord kitten against?

Hehe, *kitted

Dark elf fag here.

I use wild riders and sisters of the thorn as dark riders/ doomfire warlocks respectively.

What can I use dryads for?
Would you blink at a tree man painted dark elf style being used as a manticore with lord?

Just read through the Moria part in Lotr and got back to this ancient longing for an underground campaign. I've got Blood in the Badlands which is awesome, but is there any official or self-made campaign stuff for the grand jewel, Karak Eight Peaks? Even a black library book? Do Gotrek and Felix visit there?

I have very few resources to work with so it's hard for me to get/make skulls ill try the different flesh shades and any suggestions for adding spikes to the siege tower? Im not sure what to use/how I would attach them.

Gotrek and Felix do visit it in Trollslayer, they tell of stolen gems that supposedly iluminated the halls, of contaminated wells, sounds of being followed, etc

Who was in the wrong here?

>8th edition brought us
???

sup /v/

That's a neat marauder

You can buy resin skulls from
s.aliexpress.com/6ziqYjAZ

Just make sure they are the right size
As for spikes you could either use spear bits chopped up or sprue bits chopped/filed and green stuffed, not nearly as easy though haha.

That’s some interesting choice for proxies user, I would have thought that glade riders
would suit dark rider counts as more. As for your question I’d be triggered with the tree man counts as manticore/lord because they look nothing alike and don’t fill the same rolls anhyway, my personal thought on proxies is if they look close enough to tell the role of the original unit and share same base size then they are fine eg dudes with swords representing a swords unit. I suppose dryads could work as harpies if you wanted to give the, all branch wings on the backs though, but barely.

>posts pictures of lore from the actual rule book
>/v/

Kill yourselfb

Surprisingly there's not a whole lot of decent Warhammer Fantasy fanart.

I do love me some fine mutations.

Useful elite infantry. Without neither steadfast nor back rank casualties footmen were left in a cruel world of cavalry/chariot charges in previous editions.

We had this last thread and we all agreed they're both fucking retarded.

Going full autisimo over a fleck of gold leaf on the bottom of the hammer.

What's your problem with /v/?

Some people are just angry that Total War Warhammer brought alot of new people to the setting so they cant have their exclusive (aka dead) community anymore.

I think that it's more to do with that 50% of the thread tends to be Total War related. Allthough to be fair it's not that we'd see more discussions of the table top game if that wasn't the case.

I want to play an Aspiring Champion so fucking bad, I love the idea of being this mutated human veteran seeking the favor of gods that the rest of the party might find monstrous or even wholly evil, but to his people and culture they're a fact of life.

Thanks, I'll get to that

Do you think we'll ever get a video game about doing just that?

Usually it is less than that and just straight up lore is the main point but if a TWWH thing starts a lore discussion it is all /v/ right

so how much friends can a dwarf and an elf become in the warhammer world?
Because in my latest wfrp my dwarf and another player's elf became basically legolas and gimli-tier friends

A 'Wastes of Chaos" become a chosen of Chaos game and lead a warband to glory game would be fucking epic.

Someone should do a Mount and Blade mod for it.

[x] pet fluffy lion.

It could happen, I wouldn't say its likely but it could happen.

Malekith and (I think) Snorri were best buds but a lot of Elves are, to be frank, fucking snobs and delicate flowers so tend to be arseholes,while Dwarves can be very blunt and direct (though again full of pride and honour so likely to take offence at a perceived slight)

Snorri and Malekith were big bros, it's not impossible. Of course this was before the big war, but it shows that it's not technically impossible. And really, if both your players have fun this way, don't stop them.

Why does that White Lion have a white lion companion? I thought they were supposed to kill them and take their pelts.

Elves

Occasionally they also find young white lions in the wild and raise them to fight at their side. No idea why the other guy doesn't try to explain a thing.

>mfw I did exactly this in a DnD campaign
>mfw I played an aspirant from a harsh Northern culture obsessed with appeasing the gods, who warp and mutate those they fancy into instruments of their will
>mfw I was basically Wulfrik from Not!Norsca worshiping Not!Chaos and nobody noticed

The best part was the game was a PbP "single-player" type campaign, where players could go solo and do their own thing. My character basically became the biggest baddest antagonist and most people thought it was fascinating as fuck.

Ask Mythic.

Chaos dorfs and Fimirs.

Is a vampire count army with only two spellcasters viable? One Vampire Lord kitted out for buffing and magic with the base vampire lord stats already making them a force to be reckoned with, along with a thrall designed to be the ultimate fucker of shit in melee.

I figure the individual strength of the two would make them tough enough to be hard to goon, but I could be wrong.

I just don't want many necromancers in my army.

I'm pretty sure it's also stated in one of the army books. I mean, where the fuck are they supposed to get the lions from for their chariots?

How big is your army? Can you post pics?

Also have you used any miniatures that are not GW? I have seen the Mantic dwarves and have thought about maybe incorporating them into my dwarf army.
I just dont know if I can spend 200$ for just 40 hammerers when I can get 40 manitc shieldbreakers for only 60$.

What I hate most about WAR is that the game was focused solely on Tzeentch. We couldn't play as Chosen of Slaanesh, Nurgle or Khorne.