/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

previous thread:

How do y’all feel about stats?

what do you hate seeing most in a cyoa?

I hate seeing shit like (OP)

Depends on the CYOA.

if there's too much math it gets irritating and boring

A CYOA without any be the girl option. Little or otherwise.

Generic waifu pickers

ahem...
cough

Retroactive bonuses you find waaaaay at the end after you've spent an hour working on your answer

ok here we go
ffs

HL posted this WiP on the discord

I wish there was more stuff like this and Urban Unease

Shitty text lay out and fonts.

>that over-saturation

Bad presentation and needlessly hard to read fonts, like holyshit my man just use a regular font you fool, all you are doing is hurting your cyoa.

"roll for anal circumference" levels of autismal stating.

The poster having Angelanon's trip.

angel is a fucking whore who should be female circumcised

>Dark Souls
Losing a bit of yourself each time you die and revive, until you eventually lose your mind and soul is a hell I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Not even waifus can make this worth doing.

And you should have your balls removed with a hammer shithead!

Tok's name

Odds I make a new build despite the 2.0 not being here yet and evens I continue to wait.

Every single CYOA that has a needless be the girl option. It really grinds my gears when it needs to be shoehorned into them because some anons dont seem to understand that most of these games are headcanon anyways.

Bio-Druid a best. Other books need to step their game up.

Anybody have some of those radical autogynephillia CYOAs?

I was going to poorly censor this but it's apparently already 'sfw'

Most CYOAs have be the girl options user.

What are some non-generic waifu pickers?

Ew gross.

See

Are there any good-ish ones, or just the shit Tok keeps peddling and /trash/ always reposts?

Fuck, Angel's back?

I haven't been keeping up with "author politics". Why exactly do people hate angel? I just did a search and found that she made Picking-A-Goddess CYOA, which wasn't bad imo.

Just look at the previous thread.

>I just did a search and found that she made Picking-A-Goddess CYOA
That's wrong, she made that Princess one and a PDF

I'm utterly uninterested in waifu/husbando/harem elements. I'm also not fond of too many companion options either. I'd prefer an old MS paint style CYOA with blurry text and miss-matched art asymmetrically arranged on a plain white background than have to flip through a CYOA with more than a full page of NPCs.

Guess you can't please everyone...

Potentially interesting settings being used for cumbrains to design a waifu.

>She made Picking-A-Goddess CYOA
>I just did a search
You did some very bad research. Italics made PaG.

>Why exactly do people hate angel?
I know she certainly has interesting responses to CYOAs.

I am actually curious what she build she might make when I release my next CYOA.

-2 Nebari's elegant grey skin
-10 All 3 Kalish traits
-10 Hynerian lifespan
-10 Delvian Pa'u (photosythesis would have been nice)
-2 Sebacean geometric pregnancy
-5 Pilot's multitasking (with humanoid arms)
-1 Interion hair

I have no girlfriend and few friends. I work a monotonous job for the better part of my day to sustain myself so that I can do it again the next day. I see corruption all throughout the upper echelons of our society and no hope for the future. I kind of feel like we are living in a dystopia.

The kind of CYOAs that i dislike the most are the ones that leave me no better off than I am now. If I do not feel like the outcome of the CYOA is desirable, then I cannot get excited about doing the CYOA. Some may frown on escapism, but I want the fleeting fantasy.

Oi Tok. I know you're lurking. You working on any projects?

Money
Breeding, Milk
Calf
Europe I guess? Origin section is kinda pointless
Pale
Red
Bob
Rebellious
Kidnap
Cottage
Human Clothes
Overdose
Udder Growth
Extra Breasts
Weight Gain
Machine
Restraints, Rape
Food

Don't need to cut the tendons if she can't move

Ones that require too much calculating.

Fuck I miss the old cyoag

you guys suck

Which one?

She used to obsessively post the same builds over and over. That's where most of the hate comes from. She's gotten much better lately.

fun
farming
calf
Asia
pale
black
bob
submissive
foreclosure
with you
nudie
cowbow hat
all natural
no transformative drugs
no surgery
machine
chores, spanking, whipping
sex, affection, praise

I hate when authors go out of their way to close off all avenues for immortality. I don't remember the name, but there was one CYOA that offered shapeshifting and specified that shapeshifting only changes appearance and not age. They did for the sole purpose of denying shapeshifting immortality.

Making a character or otherwise being reminded it isn't real
A snarky or annoying narrator (anything by Roseanon)
Something that looks like garbage
Forced PvP
Stats

I mean, immortality can be pretty overpowered depending on the setting, so I don’t see a problem with specifying what does and doesn’t extend your life.

I pretty much ignore all cyoas that don't have waifus or some awesome method of obtaining waifus. I'll sometimes make an exception to that rule if the cyoa is really well made.

The one that I'm thinking of had no method of immortality at all, and immortality wasn't really overpowered in the setting.

I wish you make more stuff like this and Urban Unease

shapeshifting IS only appearance change dumbass...
just use a meta cyoa

Not always. Sometimes shapeshifting is restricted to a mere appearance change. Sometimes you actually become the creature that you shift into on a genetic level. The author usually specifies which one it is. If it's the latter then you can achieve a kind of immortality just by permanently shifting into younger forms.

Not when you can shapeshift into things like dragons who can breath fire and fly against the laws of physics or granting yourself any other ability via genetic changes as you shapeshift. That kind can easily grant the not dying of old age immortality type. You're talking some weaksauce mystique ability.

>some weaksauce mystique ability
Still better than what I have currently. I'll take it.

>Sometimes shapeshifting is restricted to a mere appearance change
how is always is. you're so insecure and afraid... must be hard for you

He's working on dislodging the heads of some /trash/ fanbois from his colon, now that it's all shiny and clean.

Others started doing it too making it seem far worse then it was as far as it being her. Vagina attracts stupidity, stalkers and sperglords

Updated version. Changes:

* Mind & Body comes with its own drawback
* Changed the free perk for a couple goals
* Adjusted point values for a few perks/drawbacks
* Some wording changes/clarifications
* Removed mysterious stranger dying stuff
* Added a new option to the final section

Too true! In the bigger picture of shapeshifting her's is pretty weak, but I'd still take it over nothing too.

>you're so insecure and afraid
I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. I just corrected you on your misconception about shapeshifting always being a mere appearance change, how do you go from that to me being insecure?

>how is always is
wut?

what's the best cyoa?

Branching Heart

The one you never made.

I love em' though

this

Italicsverse.

wish fulfillment and escapism.

Royal Revival

If Lone Observer is lurking ITT, please email me at [email protected] I really want some advice on a CYOA that went moribund a while ago but ti feel I need to talk with him about

Would it be possible to add a memory boost perk?

Seems like the sort of thing a (possibly immortal) time traveler could use.

Lone Wolf

Jean-Paul Sartre

What is the Italicsverse?

What's with the passive-aggressive bitch fit at the end there?
How is it in any way superior to the people bitching about the nemeses being too hard?

Let's update my build then

>Timepod
I want it to look like a door. Obviously a blue door, but just a door from the outside.

>Ritual (+3)[23]
Spices things up a bit and means I gotta be clever.

>Many Worlds (+2)[25]
Most fun option and while I may not be able to interact or go to other universes with my native powers, there's bound to be future-tech/xeno-tech/both that can bridge these alternate dimensions. Sounds like an adventure in any case.

>Shallow Hedonism
I'm not a hero. I'm not a supervillain. I'm not a Shepard and I'm definitely not a dictator. I'm just a wanderer living in a door, just passing through, helping out, learning and experiencing.

>Companion (free)
>I Am a Time Lord, After All [12]
>Save States [-6]
The only powers really worth having. Immortality and a reset button give me all the tools I need to make awesome use of time traveling.

>I Need a Few Minutes (+2)[-4]
>Bad Aim (+1)[-3]
>1.21 Jigawatts (+3)[0]
These should keep me on my toes and make life a lot more spontaneous. Nothing stopping me from safely storing energy sources from the future on my ship. Makes every destination an adventure, even if just for an hour.

>Rival Traveler
Going up against another traveler should give me a crash course in 4d chess as well as the more subtle and creative uses for Time Travel, that is if I live through it all.

Pretty sure I'm breaking the rules on the pod size, but damn it that's non-negotiable. It has to be a door! Good work in any case.

Undesirable nihilism

this

Seen this before, but never rolled it.

>Nobledark
And I'm going to ruin it for everyone.

>Skill Thief
Anyone who doesn't choose this or Word Binder is selling themselves short.

>God's Chosen
Unfortunately for the world, it's a trickster god of misfortune and ill fate.

>Scarlet Cape
I will need to harvest abilities from thousands of victims. Cutting down on the time it takes to hunt them down is valuable to me.

>Kriscarn
I'm sure it'll come in handy as a weapon, but I'm taking it for the speed. Most of my targets will never know what hit them.

>Qvrllucui
Who better to harvest strength from than the celestial? No doubt I will make myself some enemies in high places before long.

>Wanderer
>Micaela
Both have lost any sense of duty to the world. The Wanderer will follow along with any plan that lets him learn about his own history. Micaela is playful, but bitter and suspicious of the self-righteous to her core. She's happy to watch the world burn.

Our team of three works like a well oiled machine. I find and choose our next mark through astral projection, the ranger plans the ambush, and Micaela springs the trap.

>Giant Crow
Animal symbol of my patron deity, and perfect for getting the three of us where we need to go. We come to be feared the world over as the Crow's Hand.

>Main Bazaar
I don't want to draw too much attention to myself until I've built up my strength. Starting as a stranger in a sea of faces is perfect.

CYO/u/.

I love your door, and your build. I may end up loosening the requirement in the Time Pod description.

I appreciate your enjoyment of my content but if we're being real there are many CYOAs of higher quality.

The discussion will be moot when Traveller 2.0 comes out, anyway, and basically kills /cyoag/ for good.