Little things your GM does that ticks you off
>Playing new campaign
>We camp for the night on the way to a town
>Get an encounter
>Its a Stone Golem
>Everyone in the party is either level 1 or 2
>I ask "GM is this just to get us to run away?"
>"Yeah" says GM
>If youre not gonna give us an experience and just force us to move on whats the point in playing

I dont hate him for it or anything, I just want to have fun and running away just isnt

Would you have been happier with a chase sequence?

Yes because then thered be some form of action

Maybe he wants you to remember that the Stone Golem is there so that you all can come back later when you're stronger, thereby providing a sense of progression and accomplishment.

I doubt that user but damn you just inspired me

>working at the FLGS, also playing Starfinder
>ship combat time, I literally have no useful skills
>I get up to do work-related things, but still listen and participate when it's my turn
>GM says he's not going to run the game if everyone's not going to sit at the table

Not writing enough things out in advance and being obvious with his improv
I am the GM

Do the players seem to notice when you're improvising? It might not be as obvious as you think it is.

Nope, they were shocked last session to find out the previous one was completely improvised.

>GM tells us that there statues with panic look on their faces
>GM tells us there a large sleeping creature with scales in front of us
>Knowing an Basilisk can TPK us, I swung at it
>GM said it was actual a stone statue and I broke my sword on impact

If GM pull this shit, just get TPK or watch him pull some magical bullshit. Either way, it's entertaining.

Could be illusions at play to make your party think a boulder is a sleeping monster. Hopefully your GM isn't such a pussy that he would back out of a well-deserved PC death.

If the player was knowingly trying to wipe the party, I'm glad the GM spited them.

You got to call his bluff
knowingly? That's metagaming :^)
My character doesn't know what it is so he attacks it.

It would be better if the GM kills the stupid player's character, then just have the monster wander off and leave the rest of the party alone.

>Just to get you to run away
Why not just go where you're supposed to purposefully?
I need context.

user he made us stop to rest. There was literally no reason for him to make the encounter if he didnt want us to do anything. We were fine with just NOT resting until we got to town

>Make a bard with heavy charisma investment
>Take Enhance Ability as a spell so I can give myself advantage on charisma rolls even harder
>Use this a couple of times to haggle for good prices when selling loot and buying gear
>After a few plot arcs the DM decides shopkeepers can tell when I'm concentrating on a spell now without actually casting Detect Magic or any other means of knowing and give me terrible prices.

I mean, I still have good Charisma and can attempt to get bargains without the spell... but it was still a little annoying the first times it happened.

Except why would a creature willingly let food/trespassers go? Maybe if they managed to leave its area before drawing aggro but I'd say that it'd depend on how fast the party is vs. how fast the monster is.

>every encounter must be a plat of the P L O T
fuckign nu-gamers

What's the point of throwing in an encounter if it literally doesn't matter? Nobody's going to remember that one time they killed a few goblins during their first dungeon raid

Had one that required you to print out every single aspect of your character and every detail of it. If you did not have it you could not do it. He refused to use books; you needed everything printed.

Claimed that it took too long to look stuff up, he believed that it was quicker for people to have to dig trough 50+ loose pages of crap, took much longer than quickly and easily looking it up in a book with fucking index or just googling.

I quit because I was playing a wizard and it was just impossible to do. I could not even summon a rat without having an sheet with every details of what it could do.

Just no. I could maybe live with it if he provided everything, hell, just informing us and working whit us when something unexpected came up, but no, he expected you to know what you needed before hand and print it out no matter that I did not know what he planned for the the encounter. Because I did not have a printer my wizard could not do squat for the first many evenings. And even after that there was so many times a character ended up gimped because we did not have right piece of paper printed.

Absolutely least fun campaign I ever played.

>Had one that required you to print out every single aspect of your character and every detail of it. If you did not have it you could not do it. He refused to use books; you needed everything printed.
Why exactly were 3.PF DM's so fucking autistic? Like say what you will about Shadowrun or WoD or GURPS but I've never seen a GM be this obtuse, even when the system itself was crunchier than a nilla wafer.

Then you're a good GM.

Its not about plot you fucking nitwit, its about giving us something to do other than fucking running

You sound like you would be horrible to play with

>My character doesn't know what it is so he attacks it.
Sounds like a terrible character.

Haggling is fucking boring usually. Why would shopkeepers give someone a discount just because they’re charming? Negotiations are about offering something in return, like maybe we’ll come back to your shop with more gold and tell all your friends. Or maybe you flirted with them and implied you were gonna go on a date. Or offered to bring them back some unique items from the dungeon or do some other favor. Being charming just makes people more likely to be open to your offer; it’s not mind control that makes them act against their self interest for no reason.

I’m not saying you just went ”I ROLL CHARISMA TO HAGGLE FOR LOWER PRICES!”, but I really hope you didn’t.

Job first, fun second.
No fun at work! It's rule number one!

Kk my story.
>Shit.
>Just the shit my GM would make happen.
>Like literal shit, he had a thing for making people shit.
It was just weird and overdone, he would do it on moments where we should have died, it worked out cool most the time but still.

>gm hands us world information
>strict with chargen to make them fit into campaign
>beats us over the head with local lore in first 4 sessions
>next session we are teleported far away and across the multiverse and can never return.

It became a gripe when it happened three campaigns in a row. Now we just play mages and thiefs because he makes it so they are the only ones who are useful in the place we get zapped to.

wouldn't haggling technically be all 3 mental stats, since you need to know how much its worth, be able to read the shopkeeper and tell how low he's willing to go, and then have the social ability to get him lower

Not in a system worth a damn.

>Haggling is fucking boring usually. Why would shopkeepers give someone a discount just because they’re charming?
Haggling IS something most cultures do, you know. Especially if it's a big purchase.

Although if you really think about it, it's more about knowing the local culture, how much the item is actually worth, and how much the shopkeeper is willing to sell it for than it's about charisma, so wisdom would probably be more appropriate.

this guy gets it, alot of middle eastern countries specifically jack up the prices because locals know to haggle the prices but tourists just play the asking price

Yeah. And it’s fucking boring for the rest of the table to do it constantly to save 50 gold when in a few levels you’ll have a few thousand. Just say ”the listed prices include the haggling already, which you’re assumed to have done”, UNLESS some interesting NPCs or plot hooks are going to come out of actually acting it out.

He said why it’s realistic though. Nothing about why it wouldn’t be boring to play out in a game. Pissing is realistic too, do you also roll for how many piss breaks you have to take per day?

you don't roll for that?

You roll for what I tell you to roll! I am the Game Master, you are the pawns. I created the world you see before you! I control your fate!

>getting a random curse at the start of the day giving -1 to ALL rolls
>hiking through the hills
>starts raining heavily
>most PCs ended up falling in random holes
>stumble and break my leg
>barely avoided some poisonous plants that lure victims
>"hey let's camp for a bit"
>get food poison
>two encounters in the middle of the night
>flying eagles in the fucking rain
>they explode when attacked physically
>survived but no rest
>this keeps happening for days

This guy gets it.
My players think im having a slight power trip, but they're wrong.

Your DM is a lazy piece of shit for not reading the rules and for not trusting the players when he doesn't know how something, but the player does.

I hope he neck himself when he realize nobody willing to tolerate his autistic ass for one session.

>having your adventure on a death world

I hate how anytime a player asks the GM a question, he always has to waste 5-10 minutes of game looking up the answer, assuming there's an answer at all.

Every time he does it, everyone checks out and checks their phone or doodles or plays with their dice and now we have to spend time trying to reestablish the scene and regain immersion, which is especially shit during combat because, god-fucking dammit, it already feels pointless when PC's are practically impossible to kill.

>You roll for what I tell you to roll!
He's not wrong.

Yes, but Dexter is also a cheater, especially when he rolls badly behind his shield, just wants to kill his friends and make them suffer instead of having fun, then gets blown the fuck out by his sister (and not in a fun, hentai way).

You didn't mention you took a hike on death mountain.

Well Crono isn't going to bring himself back to life, dammit, plus Ayla keeps looking like she'll try to eat this "time egg" thing.

Okay so when you as the GM inform players about things that didn't happen after the session is over and discuss the different things and why they didn't happen and stuff. Do you think this is a terribad thing to do? In my case it got some fun conversations going and stuff but idk

Things like optional encounters that you didn't include in a premade

Wrong, my party still has nightmares about that phase spider that ambushed them in a dark swamp they were camping in. Ive yet to see them become as paranoid again.

>Why exactly were 3.PF DM's so fucking autistic?
He literally never mentioned which system this was in even once

and yet he didn't need to

3.PF is the only system I've played that required spell users to have access to so much information just to play a character, especially a Wizard with access to a plethora of spells.

If I'm wrong then whatever, I apologize, but it was a fair assumption to make.

My GM doesn't like tracking the passage of time regarding abilities with cooldowns and pretty much lets you use them whenever as long as you don't spam them so much that he notices. I don't want to rules lawyer and point out that another player used their abilities more than they should have given the perceived timeframe, but it gets under my skin a little and I find myself avoiding my cooldown abilities because it feels dirty if I accidentally overuse them.

A lot of these are pretty weaksauce, disappointed, these threads are why I'm here

> Roll 1
> Fall down

>Roll a 1 on anything
"pick a number," rolls d6, if it hits the number, crit fail
>party arguing, clear majority against stubborn bard with +fuck-hundred Persuade
"Roll opposed persuasion to see whose plan you go with"
>Paladin's entire backstory, which DM seemed totally into rolling with, revolves around re-powering my ancestors Holy Avenger, get it restored to a +1 sword, +1d6 Radiant to undead
Hey Rogue, your old mentor is retiring and is leaving you a +5 epic weapon
Campaign is still really fun but there are a lot of little nuisances like that.

Underrated

I don't blame you. Were you the science officer by any chance? The ship rules are over complicated garbage and split the players into those that get to do fun things and those that just tweak ship numbers.

The DM's allowed to cheat though.

The DM is only allowed to cheat if it helps to enhance the campaign in some way. Dealing max damage and causing people to auto-fail their saving throws is pretty shit DMing honestly.

If critting ability checks was not obnoxious enough, he will interject weed into his games whenever possible. Fucking potheads.

>DM asks if I can add some more characters and a love interest to my PC
>DM turns them all into villains

OP asked for little things.

you seem like the kind of guy that has to change game group every month and is suprised every time

My GM started setting all the dice checks by random roll. No clue why.