MTG EDH general /edhg/

>EDH/Commander General /edhg/
>Bring back kamigawa edition

>Link to the prequel: >

>RESOURCES

>>Latest News:
>mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
>mtgcommander.net

>>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
>tappedout.net

>>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
>edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
>manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
what super secret tech are you running?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/naya-marath-purpho-impact-token-burn/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/yugo-shokan/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/b-l-a-c-k-f-i-r-e-u-p-o-n-u-s/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breya-of-empires-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for sliver returning in DOM

silvers are a shitload for the kids to handle

Not sure how secret it is but I love this card, especially in blue decks, and rarely see it discussed here. Maybe it's a bit obvious but being able to bluff not having a counter actually gets my opponents to slip up every now and then so they over extend. Not the most powerful card, and my playgroup is pretty bad, but I love it

>How do you want your Gravehate?
>Universal and doubled up!

I literally just finished Reanimator, and now every single cocksucker in my local meta is going to snatch up a playset of these.

Artifact hate and kill them quickly my dude. Reanimator is the best playstyle imo, you'll be alright.

You guys pickin up any RoI cards before its out? Picked up a polyraptor since I feel its gonna spike once people realize how easy it is to abuse.Same goes for izzet/golgari flips and world shaper.

I guess you're amazing at handling kids :^)

Pre-ordering for EDH is such a shitty gamble. A couple of cards spike because of standard and sometimes modern/legacy but 90% of commander playables drop like rocks after standard speculation cools down, and prices are historically at their lowest around 1-6 months after a set's release. For instance, I would've been snubbed hard if I pre-ordered As Foretold or Growing Rites of Itlimoc instead of waiting.

>RoI
>I thought it was Rise of the Ildrazi

I agree with you, I'm waiting on twilight prophet and blood sun to get cheaper before I bite, but the most expensive card I got of those few was 5$ for polyraptor, which I don't foresee being the biggest burn for a playable mythic. Yeah itlimoc sure was a surprise though, wow.

Not particularly secret, but torpor orb has become pretty excellent for my meta. Originally I just put it in phage for the whole not dying thing, but then it turns out like half my usual playgroup's decks are turned off by it, along with a decent chunk of their removal for it.

>what super secret tech are you running?

Faerie Artisans is my hot tech, I never see anyone run it, despite how nuts it is. This guy will net me a shitton of value creatures like Steve, Mulldrifter, Sidisi.. plus it shits out blockers or sac fodder nonstop, and resolving something like living death with it in your yard is pure sex

true, it shuts off more than you'd think. rec sage, wood elves, etc

>ROI
You mean, RIX?

dude right? Man that card is awesome. Also Living Death best card of all time.

Yeah, that. My bad.

if you use anointed procession or doubling season or similar effect, do you get 2 tokens or what? seeing as you exile all other tokens made with the artisans

Yeah, the moment of someone trying to cast bane of progress and getting it pointed out to them that it was just a 6 mana 2/2 was pretty sweet.

Torpor Orb is the moron test. If your deck can't handle playing around it, you're a moron. As such, it's far too strong for most EDH groups.

Hello please check my new completed Marath naya deck

Marath and Hardened Scales

oh my god wotc shtop

there is already no way to play my mimeoplasm deck without boompiling and nevi disking the world every time i want to do something

But this doesn't stop mimeo at all unless they crack it. And that's a shitton of mana compared to crypt or even relic, so it's not like it's an improvement in this scenario.

How many haste enablers should I run to make sure I don't have to wait a full turn cycle to activate her?
Or just general help building her

yeah mimeoplasm thankfully dodges this specific hate unless it's cracked, but it's still god damn annoying when people keep dropping 1-2 mana rocks and gremlins that completely stop my 3-point synergies. i wish grave hate wasn't so god damn binary in this game. you get great value when it isn't present, but then you can't do anything when it is.

it's exceedingly difficult to run a decent removal package in mimeoplasm too, since all the looting (and mimeoplasm needs tons), reanimation, ramp and such take up most of the slots. i'd basically have to cut looting entirely to be more interactive with the deck, and then i'd be mostly reliant on reanimating everyone else's creatures. and the people in my meta mostly run shitty tribals and weird synergies so it'd make my deck a whole lot weaker.

if it gets bad enough, i'll probably just ask my meta to dial down the grave hate so i don't need to run boring shit like buried alive or putrefax to win with the deck.

well, technically speaking you need around 10-12 to get one consistently in the first 4-5 turns or so, but at that point you're running way too many haste enablers. i'd aim for around 6-7 haste enablers, with mostly the very efficient ones like greaves and hammer of purphorous, and then running a decent suite of protection (asceticism, dense foliage, mother of runes) or even better, other ways to cheat creatures out (lurking predators, see the unwritten, elvish piper, selvala's stampede, champion of rhonas)

mayael isn't a very big threat all things considered, honestly. you don't need to protect/haste her that much

Don't run more than 5, instead run efficient card draw and tutors.

What are your thoughts on silver border commanders? My group is allowing me to build Grusilda even after they reban all the uncards. I'm not using any other silver cards in the deck. Would you play against me or tell me to gtfo?

Dude I'd play against you and ask to borrow the deck afterwards.

Just a handful. It won't be til late game that you can pay 9 fucking mana to pull it off anyway

in my eyes, grusilda is a more legit commander than derevi is

I'd probably tell you to fuck off (nicely if you were someone I knew). There are enough interesting commanders without silver borders that opening the door for any silver borders at all is just a bad idea. Also it speaks poorly of your character IMO: you're clearly that "lolsorandummmmmmmmmb" type of person and I don't want to play with that shit.

no offense but the fact that you'd tell someone to fuck off for playing a legal commander because you think it's too silly makes you seem like an autistic shithead

Nice, you guys seem chill. Would totally play with.

>you're clearly that "lolsorandummmmmmmmmb" type of person and I don't want to play with that shit.
I'm not that at all though? I just think the idea of reanimator mixed with meld is cool as shit. Calm your autism dude.

>I'm not that at all though? I just think the idea of reanimator mixed with meld is cool as shit. Calm your autism dude.

Yeah, those are the exact words that every Grusilda player has told me on cockatrice too. And they were all lies. I pity your group.

I already said I am not using ANY other silver cards. And I even tweaked my deck to not do any infinite combos or burn combos. The fuck is wrong with you?

>Yeah, those are the exact words that every Grusilda player has told me on cockatrice too. And they were all lies. I pity your group.

oh no someone isn't taking the wacky mega-casual spin off of a children's card game seriously, what an atrocity

>implying silver cards are the only "lolsorandumb" you could do with grusilda

Until you show me a decklist fag, you're suspect.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/yugo-shokan/
Is that all you want? Here you go dude.

it appears to be a mimeoplasm deck, except in weaker colors. this deck would utterly devastate my meta of very legal and well-designed commanders such as derevi stax, prosh food chain and edgar markov. fucking sheldon, my meta was great and then you allowed these silver bordered cards to ruin it

ps i'm a fucking retard

Even worse. It's just a generic rakdos goodstuff deck with a silver bordered card chosen for power. And an anime name. I revise my original assumptions about you. Instead of just being a terrible player, I now think you're a terrible person.

I'd rather play against Grusilda than many of the other actually legal commanders, like Derevi, Animar or Edgar.
Still, there's plenty of silver borders I wouldn't play against, such as Richard Garfield Ph.D., mostly because I'm kind of afraid of possible rules disputes and/or broken cards. But that's mostly because people can't play and they refuse to listen of they have misunderstood a card and they simplu don't believe that it would work in any other way. It's probably because the un-cards are much more open for misunderstanding potential.
At least the old un-cards have updated rules now.

I have a chaos deck it's not finished yet but it's awesome

Is there an updated version? I humbly /r/ an user to make a new one.

Kek, I like you user.

Dude you need a serious reality check. The name is just because I also play YGO and that shit is a meme. And what the fuck else is Grusilda supposed to be but goodstuff? Honestly at this point you're just being argumentative for the sake of being a cock. I am 99% sure you were going to demonize me no matter what the fuck you saw in my list. You have literal autism.

Well that was an incredibly well thought out and legitimate response. My group isn't allowing ALL unsets though, just Unstable. And we aren't allowing all unstable cards, just legends as commanders. And the only one using one right now is me with Grusilda, though my buddy is considering building X.

>Thread Question
They never see the patrician counterspell coming

>someone who doesn't want to play with silver borders
>needs a reality check
>instead of the person begging people to affirm his decision to play with silver borders.

Nope.

>is a gif
>doesn't gif
>card is called "disappoint"

Oh, the irony.

But to answer your question, I'm likely gonna play in a Prerelease, crack what I can and go from there. I need a lot of the high-end dinos this set.

Yeah I'm definitely plugging in one of these, I can't believe I forgot about it.

Spellslinger Riku or ETB/creature value Riku? I kind of want to specialize

I feel like spellslinger could turn really gay really fast, so I'm currently leaning towards creatures

Still looking for "What I played/expected/got" template for edh

To be honest, you don't seem like your presence is a real treat either. If you're this whiny and judgmental in real life, you're free to fuck off too.

Neither, focus on copying opponent's shit and then cloning it. That way it's always only as strong as your meta.

how about you try something fun?

Both, obviously. That's what makes Riku so appealing. Line up a suite of cheap and effective ramp spells, copy them to net many lands, then start whipping out an endless tide of ETB critters and their clones.

my meta is mostly tribals and weird synergy retardation (think karlov and lifegain triggers). clone decks are not really fun here. one of my friends was getting back to EDH with a lazav deck and after 2 games of having nothing decent to copy, he just quit playing.

why'd you waste Veeky Forums's limited server power on this post

well i mean it's more that if i specialize on strictly ETBs, I can safely run the few good flicker effects without those cards turning dead in my hand. they would double as extra protection for my commander. or if i specialize strictly on spell copy effects, i can run more spell copy synergy and so on.

maybe it'd be more fun to have a janky deck that mixes both but being the melvin-timmy i am, i like to have all parts of my deck synergize, even to its detriment

Go with the janky build.

That's not how you build lazav clones. You always need 3-5 targets in your own deck you can slam down and clone yourself just in case you're playing shitters. Riptide shapechanger naming golems for blightsteel, avatar or woe, palinchron, shit that makes the table have to deal with you or lose. Throw in brinery for when the other decks stop playing value but it's on there and run one-sided resets like wash out or aetherize to swing in under. Tribal should be cake for a well-built clone deck.

What's the best partner colour for artifact shenanigans? Right now monoblue is doing a damn fine job, but I feel like I need to take things to new and exciting places. Here's a breakdown of my current thoughts:

Dimir:
>access to premium tutors and reanimation
>I can splash more board wipes on the cheap, like toxic deluge and damnation
>no real utility, I have to rely on artifact and enchantment removal in blue

Simic:
>all the ramp I could want
>kruphix is a thing, and nature's will would cause some ruckus in my meta
>no real curve-topper, I'd get access to Vorinclex, but ramp into ramp is a bad plan, and I'd have to fuck my curve if I wanted more eldrazi

Azorius:
>all the control I could ever want, artifact specific tutors
>premium removal
>unfortunately, I've built brago, and I'm a little burnt out on him personally

Izzet:
>all the card draw I could ever want
>I could run Nin as my commander, and I get access to MLD
>but I'd also be lumped in with all those lulrandom izzet players
>still no real curve topper for my deck

UR, definitely.

Any questions?

Breya

If I ping Polyraptor with Acorn Catapult and I have Anointed Procession and Warstorm Surge on the field what is the order of ETBs and damage dealt??

>ping
>double tokens etb
>warstorm procs

I think.

I really don't have an issue with Grusilda, she looks fine, really. Only issues I have in Unstable are Ol' buzzark, Phoebe and Spike.
Buzzark should be banned, because effectively it's a manual dexterity card and ends up as a clusterfuck, Phoebe can be confusing to some people and really is pretty unintuitive and Spike is just horrendous, because every player that would run him, would run him just to play some banned cards and because of it, wouldn't realize that it only works, if everyone agreed to the "wishboard" beforehand and I get the feeling that everyone running him would just insist on it and never taking no for an answer.
Maybe it's just the people I play with, but Spike just strikes me as a commander that unfriendly people would play.

Acorn resolves, Anointed makes that two squirrels, two warstorm triggers.
Enrage triggers, anointed makes that trigger make two tokens, two dinos ETB at the same time, warstorm procs.

Alright, what does red actually get me? I play a big budget high powered meta, so it's going to be a bitch to cut anything at all, and to be completely honest, I don't really NEED more mana because I'm running a ramp deck. My game plan is using a bunch of rocks to generate a billion mana, cantrip my way into some fuck-off card like Blightsteel or Jin-Gitaxias, and then stax-lock the table while I beat everyone to death. It's very effective, but what I'm lacking right now is consistent mass draw, and efficient curve toppers, because 11 mana for a Newlamog isn't practical when it's going to get StP'd a turn later.

I know Darietti would make the cut, and I could probably splash some of the wheels, but I don't really know what else would work.

Alright, is it possible to run Breya without spending a fortune on lands? My deck right now is primarily basics, and I do that for consistency purposes, but I figured I could splash exactly one other colour and still generally pull off the nonsense I want to.

any secret red tech? I'm trying to build a creatureless monored burn deck, I wanna be slinging fireballs all day erre day

Firestorm is extremely underrated by the majority of the format, and appropriately rated by the vintage singleton community.

Putting together an Oona deck, is necropotence and phyrexian arena together in the deck too greedy or just right?

Scrap Mastery

How do you stay alive???? I have all the chaos cards but my opponents usually just slap the shit out of me because I didn't waste any slots in defensive cards.

so I can't stack Warstorm to have the squirrel ETBs ping the Polyraptors?

>Alright, what does red actually get me?
Bosh, Iron Golem
Goblin Welder
Hellkite Tyrant
Hoarding Dragon
Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient
Pia's Revolution
Scrap Mastery
Slobad Goblin Tinkerer
Trash for Treasure

Balefire

soulfire grandmaster

>is it possible to run Breya without spending a fortune on lands?
Totally. Looking at the Breya list I'm working on right now only 4 of the lands go above $5 (3 khans fetches, city of brass and mana confluence) all of which can be replaces with cheaper options. I only have about 9 basics in the deck as well. Good places to start are the tri-colour taplands, the panoramas, the artifact lands and some of the artifact synergy lands like inventor's Fair and Spire of industry. I can post my list in a bit if you want but I'll warn you, it's a spicy meme deck.

>Alright, what does red actually get me?
>Goblin Welder
>Daretti
>The list goes on
Bruh

Combustible Gearhulk
Daretti
Feldon of the Third path

nah M14 did it and it was fine. They will be asymmetrical in order to keep it simple with a few rares and mythics being symmetrical. And it will definitely happen. Phyrexia fags should prepare their assholes.

Nope, the squirrels (two because procession) come as part of dealing the damage to something with the catapult. But you CAN have your polyraptor tokens puch each other for enrage triggers on ETB and make as many was you want from Anointed getting you 2 from every 1 that dies.

So Scrap Mastery is a given, I think it's a good card, even though rest in peace is a real thing I deal with in my meta all the time. I can accept Goblin Welder, because that shit is bananas, and maybe combusitble gearhulk because the card draw into giant fuck-off fatties seems pretty easy to set up with brainstorm/ponder. Trash for treasure seems good, but niche, though it would synergize well with darrieti.

On the other hand, Feldon would not fit at all. I run a dedicated feldon deck, and currently I have 13 creatures in the whole deck, maybe less if I could cut things. I can post my list if you folks would like to take a look.

>tri-colour taplands
>panoramas
Oh god, I was thinking about just running primarily blue, using rocks that tap for any colour mana, and throwing in very few choice cards from other colours to keep my curve fresh. My autism couldn't handle such a manabase, though I appreciate the effort user.

>Bring back Kamigawa edition
No...
YES

Personally, against for consistency. I would be disappointed if my group decided to go in on them.

That said, some of them (like Grusilda) are alright and I can see why a group would allow them on a case by case basis. If somebody really had a passion for something so harmless as what you describe I'd have a hard time being a nazi rules lawyer about it.

If we met at an LGS, I'd probably ask exactly once if you had a legal deck (assuming, you know, we're talking about after the 15th when Grusilda wouldn't be legal naturally). If the answer was negative, I'd play without further complaint because fuck it, it's not Spike or Frankie, I'll actually get a game rather than an exercise in autsim, and that's a good thing.

Part of me wants to be entirely in favor of pasting Grusilda's mana cost, rules text, and power-toughness over Ludevic to create the true Ludevic.

You on the other hand, make pic related no longer secure in its position as the saltiest creature.

Opened this in a draft yesterday, what sort of decks is it worth slotting in?

i can't understnad this

i love this one, I put it in my azami deck just because.

I run firestorm in my Zada deck. Everyone needs to read the card twice as they take 40 damage. Also be sure to hold up a pyroblast or REB because a countered firestorm is game over for you.

what's reb?

red elemental blast

WB reanimator

If you use the Warstorm Surge triggers from the Polyraptor tokens to deal damage to a Polyraptor, you will get two more Polyraptors because of Anointed Procession. This means you can create as many raptors as you want before you start pointing these infinite Raptor's worth of triggers at people's faces.

Mass Land Destruction if you want people to never play with you again.

So, I've had this Skithiryx deck for a while, love it to death, will never take it apart, right? And I wanna make some upgrades to it, because who doesn't wanna upgrade their best boy (female)? And I have a list of cards to switch out, which include;

Hall of the Bandit Lord - Homeward Path
Arcane Lighthouse - Inkmoth Nexus
Ashes to Ashes - Mutilate
Thaumatic Compass - Hand of the Praetors
Duplicant - Bonehoard
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - Inventor's Fair

But before I pull the trigger and start to buy the cards, I want Veeky Forums's opinion and advice. Should I add proliferate to the deck? Do I need more draw power? Is Hatred absolultly nessecary? What other cards could I be missing that my guy (gal) actually needs? Any help would be welcome and appreciated.

Decklist: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/b-l-a-c-k-f-i-r-e-u-p-o-n-u-s/

>what super secret tech are you running?
Running Nuisance Engine since I couldn't find a cheaper, repetitive way to make artifact tokens.
Also, please rate and hate my (casual) 'combo' Breya deck.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breya-of-empires-1/

updated this

I actually like it. Not NEARLY as cancerous as other Breya decks I've see, though I question some choices. Gonti's Aether Heart, while cool, permanently removes itself, and you have Time Seive, so why? Also, Broodstar is just a big stupid beater. If you want a big stupid beater that will win you the game when it comes out, invest in a Hellkite Igniter. Hellkite Tyrant would be a cool investment too. 7/10, neat. Plz rate and advice on post above yours, if possible.

>build deck for my poorfag friend filled with card he would never be able to afford for his birthday
>playgroup cannot beat it