I'm lazy, uncreative and very very stupid

I'm lazy, uncreative and very very stupid.

Give me some cool ideas for a 5e Campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/adventure/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PCs are kidnapped by reptoids and have to clear out the ship to go home.

Local vagrant man granted the powers of a local good deity and is wandering the countryside trying to fix the world and make it a better place but is in actuality causing tremendous chaos and strife. The absolute power is slowly corrupting his ego and it's up to the party to either get him to give up his near omnipotence, somehow kill a God or get him to go away.

The 'good' deity is actually a trickster god using the distraction to his own ends. One of which involves reclaiming a green mask known to possess the powers of creation.

I like to take movies and switch them up a bit, because i am also unimaginitive and talentless.

Pirates of the Caribbean with the names smudged a bit. In space.
Swiss Family Robinson in a vast desert.
The Italian Job in Eberron.
Pulp Fiction in Ravenloft.
Moana, but 90% better.

Party goes on a quest to free the gods from their mind-shackles so they can be reborn in a system that isn't D&D

>somebody stop him!

Here we go buddy:
donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/adventure/

Reload the page for a fresh new adventure

I want campaigns, not adventures

that pics hot

also my group refuses to play anything but D&D, trust me i've tried

Campaign plots are shit

Prep scenarios

Reload the page many time and connect the results as a broader story.

VoilĂ 

Play a solo campaign where you find a new group that plays games that are fun.

There's that BBEG in far land, and to defeat him, your players have to throw very important piece od jewelery into volcano.

Play castles and crusades instead

I've never understood why some people refuse to play any other system it's stupid.

ITS A BIG SHIP

Switch to OSR or 4th edition depending on your tastes

roll up a bunch of plot points on those charts in the DMG for setting, story twists, and npc traits

> people refuse to play any other system it's stupid.
They've tried other systems with different groups and don't like it or they aren't interested in the systems he's proposing.

Unless someone really dislikes D&D anyway, you're going to have difficulty trying to sell them GURPS for Fantasy stuff. Some people are fine with D&D and that's okay. Some people only like golf, some people only like chess, etc.

It's more that people try to use 5E as a universal system when it actually has a fairly limiting set of assumptions baked into the rules

black people start moving into the adventurers town and hang around the inn being a bunch of hoodlums. then a white girl gets raped.

How so? 5e can play literally any game I could think of just fine.

The majority of classes have access to magic which makes it bad for a low magic game
The rest mechanics, and exp system makes it bad for OSR style dungeon delving
The out of combat mechanics are incredibly barebones and while that's not necessarily bad there a better systems if rules light is your thing
The classes are all based in fantasy so they don't translate well to scifi, modern campaigns, or even urban fantasy
The game isn't lethal enough for anything dark

I'm about to give you the ultimate secret to the best campaign. You can only do it once.

There is an evil king and his 6-10 evil sorcerer counts. Every time you defeat one of the counts, you get a level up. Each count has a big personality flaw, unique magic and minions, and an evil castle to storm/sneak into. Every count also has a bunch of oppressed peasants you can rally to your cause.

Once you defeat all the counts, you can fight the emperor of evil himself. You are now max level, nothing else the party does will advance them. The dice fall where they may in the final battle, and they either win and free the kingdom or they lose and the evil one continues to reign supreme forever.

It's the best campaign. Simple, to the point, no bullshit.

>The majority of classes have access to magic which makes it bad for a low magic game
There's more than enough non magic classes, not to mention taking magic out of classes like ranger or bard

>The rest mechanics, and exp system makes it bad for OSR style dungeon delving
How?

>The out of combat mechanics are incredibly barebones and while that's not necessarily bad there a better systems if rules light is your thing

How? Skill checks are good enough for anything, name me a game with more than just skill checks

>The classes are all based in fantasy so they don't translate well to scifi, modern campaigns, or even urban fantasy

Change names, add guns. Easy

>The game isn't lethal enough for anything dark

Less XP, more damage from monsters

> 6- 10 evil sorcerors
>Max level
wot

Limiting your players to Fighters, rogues, barbarians, and monks if you don't count ki as magic is a bad idea in a system that already already lacks character customization. As for spellless variants of other classes I'm not familiar enough with the UA spellless ranger to way in on it and in pretty sure the only spellless bard that exists is homebrew

A long rest in a day makes it so random encounters aren't a tax on resources and gold as exp is a core part of OSR as it makes combat unrewarding

Most games have more than three levels to a skill, I.E untrained, proficient, and expertise. That and some systems have stuff like levels of success or special effects beyond a bonus to your role

Classes are balanced around both melee and ranged being available, guns mess with this, that and every supernatural class needs to be heavily modified or removed depending on the game

Classes are balanced around having multiple encounters per long rest so that resource dependent classes have to ration them. If your players can only handle one or the encounters per long rest then classes that can spend all their resources in a big burst are broken

To weigh in on*
I'm pretty sure*
One or two encounters*

>Classes are balanced around both melee and ranged being available, guns mess with this
It literally doesn't if the gun rules aren't ass and supernatural classes don't need to be eidtied just because guns exist.
>Limiting your players to Fighters, rogues, barbarians, and monks
Low magic doesn't mean no magic whatsoever. This is more of a genre thing but low magic to means that magic isn't particularly impact to the world. No ancients artifacts that control the sun or some shit, no wizards who can solve world hunger, etc.

Guns shift the combat balance in favor of ranged combat and supernatural classes don't make sense in a setting without magic

All the spellcasting classes have to exist in setting for them to be available which clashes with low fantasy when there's half a dozen ways you can be a caster. 5Es magic system doesn't work with low fantasy due to how powerful magic is. That and your initial argument was that there's enough non-magical character options

literally made me laugh, thanks user

Also class balance assumes that your giving your players magic items at the right levels

Just turn the magic into fancy tricks and chemistry

>Guns shift the combat balance in favor of ranged combat
Not in D&D. At best guns usually just end up as big, weaker bows.

WAKE UP THE ANCIENT PRIMORIDAL GODS
GODS OF THUNDER, FIRE, RAIN, EARTH
3 FOR EACH ELEMENT, WITH OWN PIECE OF WORLD TO GOVERN
HAVE THEM FIGHT MECHA SATAN CTHULHU AND GO BACK TO SLEEP
PLAYERS THEN CLEAN UP THE REST OF ROBOT DEMON ABERRATIONS

There are so many spells that wouldn't make sense if you did that

Like?

WISH
polymorph

>All the spellcasting classes have to exist in setting for them to be available
What?
>have to exist in setting for them to be available which clashes with low fantasy when there's half a dozen ways you can be a caster
So bar full caster options like Wizard, Sorcerer Cleric etc and keep minor magical options like Bard and EK. Low Magic doesn't necesarilly mean PLAYERS DON'T TOUCH MAGIC EVER AND MAGIC IS RANDOM AND WEAK AS FUCK. Just take away the major plot/setting altering spells. In the gran scheme of things, Eldrict Blast or whatever cantrip isn't going to warp the setting the same way Cure Disease and Resurrection from a Cleric. Stop being retarded.

Fly, any form of teleportation, the stronger illusion and mind control spells, invisibility, etc

>Fly
machines
>Teleportation
Telportation is OP anyways
>Stronger Illusion and Mind control
Charisma is a hell of a drug
>Invisibility
Reflective sheets, incredible stealth temporarily, somehow covering the other peoples eyes

>Ever getting to a high enough level to use polymorph or wish

Modern firearms in the DMG are flat out surperior to great swords let alone bows

>GENTLEMEN< BEHOLD I HAVE MADE A MACHINE THAT DOES (THAT THING I WAS GOING TO WISH FOR).
>polymorph
Are you fucking serious? You've never seen those crazy cartoons with people wtih ray guns that turn people itno animals.
>Fly, any form of teleportation, the stronger illusion and mind control spells, invisibility, etc
Now your intentionally being retarded or you're just creatively bankrupt.

A flying machine doesn't make sense. No one has attempted to make a machine that flies. Nor are mechanical teleports a thing in fiction. nope not at all. And Holograms and projectors? What the fuck are those. No the only way you can show something that isn't there is an ILLUSION SPELL. You're looking at an illusion spell right now, fuck this mythical (((computer))) shit.
>mind control
Truth Serums, Mind control headbands/helmets
>invisibility

>invisibility
Cloaking Devices. Man those were never a thing in fiction either.

Man, the fucked part is that there's a legit argument for not being able to refluff spells as machines and that's verbal somatic components. That would make sense, those could be waived but we've moved past re-fluffing at that point. You're argument and the rest of your reasoning just shows an astonishing lack of creativity.

>Machines
You don't have a portable airplane
>Charisma
That doesn't make sense for casters who are charisma based, persuasion is already a skill, and there are limits to what you can talk people into
>Invisibility
Assuming a modern campaign cloaking technology doesn't exist, assuming sci-fi why can only the reskinned wizard use the cloaking device and why only once every so often?

Who aren't*

.every explanation you gave assumed fairly soft sci-fi and even then Technology doesn't work like vancian magic

ur mum doesn't work like vancian magic

Thanks user, I needed that

Sure smells like autism in here

Well yes, I'm assuming if you're running a fantasy game where Wizards are really mad scientists making contraptions

Max level for this campaign.

Much better to end the campaign at middle level then actually going all the way to the highest and most broken epic power levels of the game.

Why do contraptions function according to spell slots? What about non intelligence casters? Why can't other classes use gadgets? Also scifi likely means guns which is a big balance problem

Oh, I completely agree, I was just confused

I absolutely love the idea BTW, what were the tricks / personalities of some of the sorcerers?

>Also scifi likely means guns which is a big balance problem
Only if your retarded.
>Why do contraptions function according to spell slots?
Destroyed after use/out of fuel. Not perfect but eh.
>What about non intelligence casters?
Ban them or.
>Clerics craft machines by having the info beamed into their brains via visions given by gods(which are actually super powerful AI's in satellites).
>Charisma casters invent shit based on random and powerful fever dreams or allow themselves to be possessed by the "spirit" of inventors who died having not completed their magnum opus.

You're stretching 5E pretty far when you could just play a game better suited to scifi

Ranged combat is strategically different than melee combat

Oh I agree, but I'm sick of you fags thinking this shit is impossible. I don't even like 5e.

How so? I get to play my favorite system with minimal work, and I don't have to put in all the work to learn a new system

You're playing a mediocre system for a setting it wasn't designed for and there are plenty of problems that pop up but you choose to ignore though because you refuse to play any other system

choose to ignore them

Aren't there d20 systems for non renaissance fantasy settings?

I don't imagine you really have to learn a new system as much as you just use the then already adapted toolset.

There are, stars without number is a good one, I'm pretty sure he doesn't play anything but 5e though

You should not be running an RPG.

We need more GMs on tg, the biggest problems with discussing rpgs on tg is that no one knows what the fuck they're talking about since the majority of people haven't actually run any of the systems their talking about

Nobody needs moronic, uncreative GMs who can't even come up with something for their players to do.

He can improve

Well, actually thats what premade campaigns are for.

If players think they need a moronic uncreative GM, who are you to tell them otherwise?

I'm trying to get better user :(

If you want to get better maybe ask for general advice instead of asking for people to make your campaign for you?

No