Star Wars Fate Core

Hello Veeky Forums! This is my first time posting, and its of a Fate Core system, Star Wars based game a friend of mine is hosting, based around the very start of the Clone Wars. We do a session every Friday or Sunday, so if you guys want more I'll keep you posted. The pic is very much related to the first session.

Chapter 1: Terusian Diplomacy.

Our story has four main characters.A Togruta Jedi Master Kortees Vaan, his Human Padawan Tarrik Ismaren, Republic aligned Quarren Smuggler Dorn Vertoll, and reprogrammed BX Commando Droid C.O.170-N, who we will be calling 170 for short.

The party has been sent on a diplomatic mission by the Jedi Council to get the bread basket planet of Terusa, right on the border of Separatist space in hopes of getting them to join the Galactic Republic rather then the Confederation of Independent Systems. Thankfully the party arrived a day early thanks to Dorn's piloting. There the party is greeted by the Terusian ambassador, who thanks us for our early arrival, and, after showing us to our rooms, allows us to explore the city. Dorn, along with Tarrik and 170 go off to the largest tavern in the city where Dorn hopes to get on the peoples good side. Master Vaan on the other hand heads to the nearby museum to learn about the History of the Terusian people. They turn out to be a very peace loving people, the only wars fought long ago by different houses, out of which only one remains, House Verinian, of which the ambassador who greeted us was a part of.

More then that though, most of the population was devastated by a battle fought between the Old Republic and the Sith during the Sith Wars. This caused the people to distrust the Jedi, and hate the Sith with a fiery passion. This was seen by Dorn, Tarrik, and 170 as when some natives saw Tarrik's clothing and lightsaber, then moved across the street to avoid him.

Continued in the next post.

After some drinking, 170 making a joke about killing a Jedi to get their lightsaber, and Tarrik leaving while feeling very uncomfortable, the party met back up with Master Vaan who told his Padawan about the history of the people, while Dorn went to bed, and 170 looked at the wall while charging for a few hours.

Finally the next day had arrived, and with it the Separatist ship landed in the hanger for all to see. It was much, much easier than the YT-2400 light freighter we had arrived in, and the Neimoidian representative arrived and bowed before the Terusian ambassador. He had a few more guards then us with him, along with three large boxes, gifts for the Grand Viceroy of Terusa. The two Jedi almost instantly felt something was wrong with both crates, while 170 thought about getting a lightsaber, and Dorn about how the CIS ship looked better then his.

Then it was time for the meeting with Grand Viceroy Kelwis Verinian. I should have mentioned before, that the Terusians pretty much live like the Wookies, in massive, what looked to be purposely formed trees. Four large branches were pulled towards the top of the tree city, and where they met formed the council chamber where the meeting was held.

Master Vaan did most of the talking with the Grand Viceroy, where he pandered to his peoples want to stay out of the war, not sending there own people have to die. The Viceroy found this very nice, nodding approvingly after the Master Jedi was finished.
The Neimoidian on the other hand, was very sure of himself, not promising anything, and asking if the Grand Viceroy really trusted the Jedi after what happened last time. The DM said it was like pretty much saying "Ha ha 9/11" to the president.

Please do not frogpost on Veeky Forums. Thank you.

This sparked a bit of anger in Tarrik, who after almost slamming his hand down on the table, said that "The past is the past." This got a little chuckle out of the Neimoidian, and a two hour recess was called. On the way back to our room, we party noticed one of the Terusian guards running from our rooms, towards the elevator up to the council room. While Tarrik when to investigate, Dorn and 170 when to check out those crates the Separatist brought it.

Tarrik just missed the guard, so he easily opened the elevator with the Force, and jumped and climbed up the shaft. Before reaching the top, the young Padawan heard blaster fire. Once Tarrik had reached the top, he saw a few dead Terusian guards, two B1 battle droids, and three figures in Clone Trooper armor, with the Neimoidian talking to a hooded figure on a hologram. After over hearing plans about how to blame the Republic for this attack while bombs were planted around the room, Tarrik decided to take action.

Meanwhile, Dorn and 170 had found where the crates were being held, which were sadly being guarded by a Terusian guard. Once Dorn had distracted him with a meaningless conversation, 170 was able to sneak passed, and find that two of the three boxes were empty, and one filled with useless items. Upon scanning the room, 170 found explosive residue, and that the crates possibly stored armor at one point.

After leaving the room and dragging Dorn away, 170 informed him of this, and Dorn quickly ran off to get the Grand Viceroy, while 170 informed Master Vaan.

Sorry about that! Thanks for letting me know.

Tarrik quickly swooped down, taking the Neimoidian hostage with his lightsaber. The hooded figure laughed, telling the young Jedi to do it, a lightsaber mark would make it more convincing anyway. Rather then killing the Neimoidian, Tarrik threw him at the battle droids, before the men wearing Clone Trooper armor opened up on him. Vaan and 170 rushed to the council room, while Dorn, along with the Grand Viceroy and four Royal Guards went with him.

After deflecting blaster blots for a bit, Master Vaan and 170 finally showed up to help. While 170 missed every shot, Master Vaan Kylo Rened a few of the blaster bolts, stopping them mid air, before pushing them back and ending the fight. This is when Dorn, and the Grand Viceroy arrived. He was instantly shocked and angry upon seeing the Clone Troopers, before a helmet fell off one of them, exposing them as Commando Droids.

Although when he looked over to the elevator, he instantly filled with sadness. There laid the dead Captain of his Royal Guard, and his brother. Tarrik dragged the Neimoidian out from under the table, giving him to the guards. Afterwards, the Grand Viceroy announced he would be joining the Republic. The party thank him, said sorry about his loss, and departed back to Coruscant to inform the Jedi Council.

Both Jedi had felt a dark force coming from the hologram before it was destroyed, then would inform the council of that as well.

That does it for the first session. If anyone read this, I do hoped you liked it, and if you want more just let me now, and I'll post some next week. Sorry for the unknown frogposting, and good day!

Fuck that guy. It's not a rule on Veeky Forums he's just a triggered redditard.

Oh... Well then more frogs will come if we interact with the Trusians again!

No frogposting on Veeky Forums.

That doesn't make sense, someone from reddit would love frogposting.

These days, "reddit" just means "I'm upset but lack the ability to articulate why".

So... no frog? Yes frog? Good story? Bad story?

Good luck getting any more replys frogposting
Otherwise that sounds like a good start. Should have been left a mystery as to why Jedi are feared for the players to figure out. Sounds similar to a SW game my group started set in post ROTJ reconnecting to star system that sat out the war. Similar issue I am seeing is that nothing seems to happen to create real conflict yet. It's SW some should be shooting at you.

Frogs are basically used exclusively to troll on Veeky Forums, and have since the last american election when they were associated with political shitposts.

If they got a break this association might change, but trolls keep frogposting to keep the fires of hate hot.

No frogs, got it.
And thanks. It was a short session, but we're doing ti again on Friday or on Sunday, so I'll keep posting here.

Didn't see the whole story before replying. Sounds like a great start. Wondering how long irl this game ran? My group would never get that much done in one session.

It was about 3 or 4 hours maybe.

Nice session. Fate is great for Star Wars.

What sort of hack are you using for Fate?

Hack? To be honest I haven't a clue. I'm not the one DMing the game.

Fair. How do the Force rules work then, as far as you know?

Resolve I think is the skill they use. I'm not one of the Force users either. I'm the Leet Quarren Smuggler.

I love this image

I would like to know what the characters' concepts, troubles, and aspects are.

I can give you mine, and I'll ask the others once I have a chance.

My high concept: A Smuggler With a Purpose
Trouble: I'm Technically An Expert
Aspect: Descended From A Proud and Noble People.

I'm pretty much a smuggler then likes the Republic much more then the CIS. Imagine squid Han Solo if he sided with the Rebels, and was a horrible shot.

>pic is very much related
>FILE DELETED

It was a frog. I was told frogs are bad. I didn't do it, but hey. What's done is done.

>Kortees Vaan
>Tarrik Ismaren
>Dorn Vertoll

You know man, just because you're playing Star Wars, it's okay to give your characters names that are not stupid.

>Kit Fisto
>Yarael Poof
>Plo Koon
>Ki-Adi-Mundi
>Count Dooku

I fail to see your point. Its Star Wars. In a galaxy of people with names like that, John Peterson sounds ridiculous. Although if you have anything better, I'd be happy to hear it.