4 demon gods

>4 demon gods
>Their domains are Hubris, Vice, Impiety and Anarchy

Would that be good domains for demons?

Thoughts who should be stronger and who should be weaker? They should not be equal

They should be equal.

Vice and Anarchy are a bit too close. Vice just might be a bad one in general.

Impiety seems like just a subset of anarchy.

Anarchy - Government and Society
Hubris - Personal
Vice - Personal
Impiety - Religion

I think it would be better to not have two personal ones.

Replace Hubris with Catastrophe

I came to this thread to say vice and impiety seemed like the same thing.

That several other posters have interpreted different pairs to be too similar should tell you that you really, really need to define these.

Ironically these arguments about which domains are just sub-domains of others could very easily be in-universe theological debates. Have the exact definitions of each sin and the ranking of the demon gods be something priests and scholars constantly argue over.

Oh, but to answer your question

Hubris>Impiety>Vice>Anarchy

or

Hubrus>Anarchy>Vice>Impiety

depending on your definitions and logic.

Hubris always at the top because it is considering yourself greater than the gods, the sin of Satan and an appropriate sin for the most powerful demons.

Impiety sounds loftier than Vice, Vice is a fairly neutral feeling sin, Anarchy is disorganized and incapable (and not all that immoral necessarily, compared to the others.)

Alternatively, Impiety is more subtle than Vice, Vice is more consuming, and Anarchy is when everything falls apart. This path is more of a "stairway down to corruption" thing.

>Theological powerlevel wanking
I love it.

I mean, it's exactly what caused like half of the early Christian schisms, arguing over what exactly the definitions of Christ's nature is and what the relative power levels of the Trinity are.

>Hubris
Excess risk taking, no empathy towards others, tendency towards dictatorships. By definition this one has to be pretty powerful or it’s just a laughing stock.

>Vice
Hedonism basically. Doesn’t really need to be powerful but I imagine it would attract the most followers, and their wanton appetites would definitely cause trouble.

>Impiety
So not just chaos but direct opposition to god(s). This one should also be pretty powerful and the most cultish. Summoning demons and performing profane versions of church rituals.

>Anarchy
Also chaos but in relation to kings or whatever ruling system you have in place. It would be pretty easy to make this one ambiguous in terms of good and evil. If they could convince people the government was oppressive. This one could be implemented a ton of different ways

Hubris - Crimes against the self
Vice - Crimes against the next
Anarchy - Crimes against all
Impiety - Crimes against god

>Vice, Impiety

I can't see how these two are different.

Impiety doesn't really work.

Hubris, a little strange but ok. Its something you do.

Vice, a classic. Nice and broad, also something you actively partake in.

Anarchy... Sure, chaos and all that works with demons and again, its something actively brought about.

Impiety? "I am the god of not being that thing"... How do you worship impiety?

You can be anarchistic, how do you do impiety? How do you perform impiusnes?

I'd say those two are probably the furthest apart, actually. Vice is a good catch-all for those various sins of indulgence/excess - greed, gluttony, lust, etc.

On the other hand, the other three are pretty closely related. Impiety is basically a subset of Anarchy with specific respect to religious rules and authorities (up to and including gods). And rejection of rules and authority can often be considered a form or result of Hubris.

looking at the arguments in this thread I think this user had a point

A demon God of not following god... how do you even worship...
Explain how that works for me user

I think its like...
You follow a god of some kind, you strengthen that god and you preform acts to it.
With Impiety, you decide that there is no such thing as real "gods" in some form or fashion, and don't follow a religion. By doing this, you "follow" unknowingly, Impiety. By denouncing other faiths or debating/disproving the existence of other gods, you preform acts to Impiety. Impiety could wax and wane with the waxing and waning of atheism and religious belief. Now, what kind of advantages could following impiety have? I really see potential in this.

Does there need to be a totem pole? Could they not be simply more or less powerful based on perspective?

>Anarchy
>Demon
Fuck off, statists. is that way.