A Tiefling approaches your party and claims that her ancestor...

A Tiefling approaches your party and claims that her ancestor, a certain Gluttony Demon named Adiphagia has been hounding her for the past month to join her cult.

She requests that you aid her in destroying the cult, citing "my bar tab already could bankrupt a kingdom, don't need family making it worse

Feed her.

How much tho?

>Foulspawn

Gross!

>not just killing her and effectively stopping the cult right there and then without even having to know where they are.

Stop posting fetishbait you weirdo. This is so bare minimum effort to be Veeky Forums related I'm honestly disgusted

So youve killed the one sorce to this cult that willingly wanted to help stop it that may not have even been an intergral part of the cults plan.

Well done, good problem solving skills.

How does that stop the cult? You have no indication that they need her, only that they want her.

ANIME PIC THIS HAPPEN WHAT DO???

Stop making these shitty threads

Learn where the hide button is

>Gluttony Demon named Adiphagia has been hounding her for the past month to join
>They're just a dæmon who genuinely cares about familial relationships
Ya right, who you trying to fool here!?

I'm of the mind that others should just not show their own ass, rather than everyone else be forced to look away

Get real, you and I both know she's going to be integral to this dæmons scheming.

Well this is when I say the famous words of "fuck you, I do what i want"

So you kill her BEFORE learning everything she knows, thus concealing the cult from you, on the suspicion that she is intergral to the demon cult's plans

What's my catch?

Is it going to turn out the cult were good guys and we're suckered into doing evil because of OOC genre assumptions?

The catch is she's clearly a serial dine and dasher. You association could be seen as aiding and abetting

Onlyyou're this idiot.

Rolled 13 (1d20)

I roll for a Knowledge (Religion) ceck to se what I already know about he Cult of Adiphagia

And what prey tell are you getting out of assisting her? Tearing town a demon cult isn't cheep work.

Wrong; I've reasoned, based on the information given, and have correctly determined that she is indeed part of this dæmons scheme. The logic is perfectly absolute, the cult will be or little to no issue after her death.

20 dollar gift cards at that thing you love.

One - we will check the place but no promises on what we will or won't do about them until we see for our own.
Two - if they are up for no good as you say, we gotta raze them, our dibs on inedibles, you can keep the edibles.
Three - we go by people's definition of edible and inedible.

Well you know it has something to do with Bacchus

>The cult uses her dea coprse and body parts as a vessel to ressurect their lord into the living world
>They don't need the whole body, jus a single scrap will do as long as she's already dead so he sould won't interfere
Congrats faggot, you just caused the Demonpocalypse. Now every major religion blames you for bringing the Abyss to the earth.

They have sent their best Demonslayer to kill you first, then the demons. Gods have mercy upon your soul

Yeah, I don't buy it. The GM put all this work into making a demon cult, he's going to find some way to throw them at you whether you kill the blatant waifu or not.

Evem then, you now still have a demon cult hiding somewhere, and those usually don't stop trying to cause shit just because one of their schemes got ruined.
Better find out all you can about the situation (like who are these cultists and where can I find them), then decided what to do based on that (including whether we should just kill the tiefling).

If the tiefling is indeed unwilling part of the cult's plan, I say killing her would be akin to stopping a ritual sacrifice by killing the victim before the ritual is done. Technically solves the problem, but hardly good and honourable.

Okay, since I don't know much, I automatically question he why she hasn't gone to the local Cathedral to tell the priesthood about this. Depending on how she answers I may or may not go to the Church myself to get answers, and may or nay not bring her there myself

Something something about about the church's "Cleansing Flame" approach to problem solving and her impressionable baby sister joined up with the cult on a lark.

Much, the real question is how tho.

You know you once heard a campfire story about a gluttony daemon's cult (of similar name) forcing initiates to drink a cask of lard

>Three - we go by people's definition of edible and inedible
But what if I have the powers of a rust monster?

Then you have weird supernatural powers and probably aren't the kind of normal person he's referring to.

Well first I have the Tiefling stay at the church for the time being so they can keep er safe. I ten organize a plan with the church ion how to deal with the cult. First my party will go in as the vanguard in order to supposedly "weaken them and sow confusion". While we will be doing this, at the same time we'll find a way to spirit her sister away from the Cult, either by convincing her or kidnapping her.

One we've gone in and mucked things about, we'll give the Church a signal so they can come in and burn those cultist fucks to the ground while we leave and abscond with the Tiefling's sister.

There, problem solved

That's exactly why I'm making that part of the deal.
Though if there's more loot than we can carry, chances are we're leaving the excess behind.

soudns about right.

This scenario will not play out well for anyone involved.

Sign me up.

kill her and the weaboo cult

How would you find the cult if you kill her?

Since when is gluttony weeaboo? Wouldn't weeaboo cults be the domain of envy?

>Tiefling
>her ancestor, a certain Gluttony Demon

Not how it works. Read a rule book shitheads.

the sister insists you take the cult's chef with you when you go, else she'll raise the alarm. The chef is not himself a cultist, but he is a maladjusted lunatic raised by daemons in the depths of the abyss and trained in the preparation and cooking of most creatures, sapient and nearly vegetative alike.

Because this is a gluttony cult the chef is kept very busy at all hours, and is surrounded by imp assistants that work the kitchen, but the tiefling daughters could probably get you access to the kitchens if they make it look like they're heading to raid the pantry, or make a delivery. The Cult may even collapse on its own and (maybe literally) eat itself if their head chef is stolen, but that will also mean that the party will have to deal with the Tiefling, her sister, and the chef until they can be sent on their way.

You mean that specific 4e rulebook that refers specifically to the Points of Light setting and nothing else?

Pic related must be the ancestor that was mentioned

>Not how it works
>shitty fluff lore from worst edition = rules
>Doesn't use older, higher quality Tiefling fluff
>Doesn't understand that the answer is always depends on the setting
The fuck is wrong with you user?

Probably further complicating things is the fact that the little sister isn't nearly as little as you thought. She's gods damn huge! Sneaking her out will likely be a pain in the ass.

>he sister insists you take the cult's chef with you when you go, else she'll raise the alarm.
I cast Sleep on her and take her away. She now won't raise the alarm, because she is asleep.

Next will depend on how easy or not it is to proceed. If the Chef is nearby and easy to get to, we just might kill him to make the Crusaders' job easier. If not, we'll escape and convey the information we recieved to the Crusaders, so that they can know to make the Chef a priority target.

If sleep doesn't work, then we'll just smack her with enough nonlethal damage that she passes out and get out of dodge asap.

I cast Reduce Person!

YOU FOOL!

Tieflings are Native Outsiders and are immune to all "Person" type spells!

Can she swallow muh dick?

>Kill her
>Make Tiefsouffle
>Find the cult
>Kill and eat Adiphagia too
Gotta smite ALL the evil, boy.

Then I'll just slip an Necklace of Adaptation on head stuff her in a large burlap sack of holding

Hence why killing the tiefling doesn't matter, the quest won't change at all. The cultists won't summon their lord because they where never supposed to and I will stumble across them because I was supposed to find them. Though even if they did succeed, I'd rather fight a dæmon anyway.