Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Relevant Armies Edition

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14784506/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are your main tricks for playing a 2k game in under 2 hours?

I play Soulblight.

My army is like 25 models

>tfw nurgle is my perfect army from a gameplay POV
>tfw they're easy to paint which is a bonus
>tfw don't like their fluff

But if you're losing then how do you run out the clock and claim a draw?

Just do "Your Dudes" you dingus

Whats the cheapest 1000 and 2000 point army?

Thanks for the shit battletome for Death, GW!

I don't like Nurgle's fluff in general. I don't like the "actually happy dudes having fun" angle for what's supposed to be the god of despair.

>Few weeks after the launch of AoS GW releases the Brayherds battletome - they are mediocre at best
>3 years with no update for Chaos
>No more models, no more rules
>Only Tzeentch nerfed and then squated
>New but shitty allegiance abilities for Brayhers with the GHB17 and Grand Alliance Chaos abilities nerfed hard
>One day GW launches a big shiny countdown
>Hype intensifies
>After few weeks the countdown ends with a single model for chaos and a new battletome
>Now you are okay to run the same chaos soup with a 5 different soup rulesets
>Please be happy
>Please stop whining
>It's perfect - that's what you asked for

Pick a different slow tanky army, e.g. dwarfs

Then just fluff them as being morose, depressed and gloomy.
Just because his daemons are cheerful doesn't mean his servants have to be.

Ok. Big fucking baby. Get over it.
Maybe you should have just picked a supported faction then.

Then make your dudes being champions of the despair part of Nurgle, e.g: they whither crops long before they arrive, dark clouds gather, people get sick, old people and infants die and those close are left in mourning. Then the army of Nurgle arrive and finish it all off

Play army you like from fluff perspective and from looks - never play an army because "it's gud" GW is ficke - nurgle is top dog now but can be mame tier year later.

I like this idea except it means I can't use any of the daemons, since they're all pretty obviously upbeat.

Understand the rules
Most delays in gameplay happen because players are having discussions about rules

t. Stormcast Faggot

grot tome WHEN

plague bearers arn't

Nope. Even if I was, what's your fucking point?
>waaah don't play supported factions
I don't know what you expected when you chose to collect entry level dungeon fodder as your army.

The new battletome will have relic, and abilites for abilities so that's a viable option

Run Plaguebearers and Spoilpox Scriviner; his lore is that he's always posses because he can't find enough 7s

I HOPE SOON

This. Rotbringers + StD will be able to make a decent army on their own, without any daemons.

I'm thinking best case mid-2018, after the shroom hero is released, after the campaign is fully ongoing, once the dust has settled on the nurgle and death release. Then BAM! aelves btfo

the winning lists

how did that train wreck in #4 do so well?

The great tom lyons invented this list, give credit.

He's right, you know. And I play Death.

he needs a bigger hat

>that Khorne list
Thank god I don't play competitively. Not only does it look boring, I'm not into painting 120 Bloodletters.

Lol, that Stormcast list.
My friend uses the exact same one, just minus the Celestial Hurricanum.

>120 bloodletters
Just know the guy running that is a fucking faggot

I love Chris.

I suspect you lose frequently against hordes. Even mentioning horde armies triggers you.

LEGION OF NAGASH

MORE LIKE LEGION OF MY ASS

Legion of ... gash

How much better is seraphim sepia for washing skulls? I'm currently using agrax earthshade.

If I go allegiance: order, I can add a treelord to my SCE right?

doesn't legion of scarament sound a little tomb kingy? plus Arkhan was from Nekrahara when Nagash first rose to power...

>gash
LEGION OF BRAAAAP

faggotkin > gashlords

Trying to find color scheme ideas for kbb. I don't want black or red armor and I've already looked through their book. Any ideas?

Pretty sure GWs design documents for death is literally a .wav file of one long BRRRAAAPPPP

enjoy your mixed death, faggot

Khorne dudes look great in white/bone with brass elements

These threads need less Death whining and more new Nurgle tactics.

>Do you guys think the Doomsday Bell will be a must-have? 3” extra Movement is significant, but aesthetically I don’t like the Bell.

>I’m curious about Rotigus’ cost, Deluge of Nurgle with no range seems good but on average rolls the damage is pretty mediocre, especially once he starts suffering Wounds.

>Think the Feculent Gnarlnaw will be worth it? I love Horticulous’ model and I want him to be viable instead of an overpriced Herald as he was in Blightwar.

Pure speculation right now but I’m hoping to run big groups of Plaguebearers with a Scrivener, a GUO, and Trees for area denial and speed boosts. Seems fun. Though I’d like to run the Flail and Bilesword on my fat bastard, they just look the coolest.

Where my Nurglebros at?

>.wav file for Destruction is just Duncan laughing

please RESPOND

Casual reminder that most players are excited about Legions of Nagash:
strawpoll.me/14784506/r

Yea, the bone ones were probably the closest to something I'd wanna do cause they gave me the diablo feel. I'm not in a rush to paint these guys so just trying to feel out some paint schemes.

>Not playing Spikeygits Immortalz
Look at dis git. Mabbe youz shoulda played Gasbag Overgrots or Ogrenneth.

user, most start collecting boxes have about 480-550 pts. Just buy two and call it a day. The BCR Start Collecting has up to 620pts and FEC has 700pts but you will need to buy some more ghouls tho

any Start Collecting box army basically.

That and Spiderfang 1000pts with their box.

Guys how do I run Sylvaneth at 1k?

Treelord, Dryads, Revenants, and Kurnoth?

I’ll be fighting Nurgle, zombie hoard, and SCE and I don’t wanna get stomped.

>How big should my Dryad units be at 1k?

>Revenants or Spites?

I'm in the middle of painting 90 Bloodletters.
Good to know they don't suck.
I bought most of them for my 40k Daemonkin and now I'm planning to run a smiliar list but only once they give us plastic Hounds.
Once I'm done painting them I could also use some new Heralds,

Until we have point costs and battallions any strategy can be nullified with the release fo the battletome

>getting your votes from leddit
>"YES GW, PLEASE SHIT ON MY MOUTH"

We are never getting plastic hounds.

There will be one in the khorne blood warriors warband for Shadespire

I've never been to reddit. I made the poll here and posted in only in /aosg/ threads.

I will thanks! If I can use chariots and archers with my deathrattle I would be super happy!

1? And when does that release?
I mean finecast is shitty but it isn't so bad as to avoid models altogether imo

Wait so the apiderfang grots box is 1k points? Fuck me, whats a fun way to get to 2k off that? Moonclan? Or.another box of them?

No I mean its very efficient points per $ spent. It contains 380 points for $65, so get 2 and fill the rest with whatever goblins you like.

No, it's not. It's about 480pts IIRC. Get two of them for a 1000pts or 4 for 2000pts. Also remember you need a boss on giant spider so just get a single extra spider raider and make some magic with the spider legs to put it on a big round base

Yeah, a single box has 480pts of spiders

Allegiance: Destruction
Grot Big Boss On Gigantic Spider (100)
- General
Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman (280)
Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman (280)
5 x Grot Spider Riders (100)
10 x Grot Spider Riders (200)

Total: 960 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 64

Here is your budget 1000pts list. For 2000pts buy two more boxes. Arachnarok are fuckin beasts - these huge bastards are using 160mm bases. Imagine using 4 of them

>isn't so bad as to avoid models altogether
It is. especially when they already semi have a new sculpt with Khorgos Hound.
I never like how they looked until that model. Would pick up 30+ on release.

Not bad, might just do this. They released rules for the new mushroom boi yet?

This is great value, and pretty simple to play. Can definitely recommend. Those 2 arachnaroks are just SO reliable. 4 spells a turn, tanky, take up tons of space (they are basically your front line units), and when buffed with mystic shield and the spider spell they can tank a double turn, its glorious. Park your general right behind them and he is safe unless ranged/spell-spam, but he should be well-hidden behind those huge arachnaroks.

>40x Dwarf Warriors

DISPOSSESSED ARE RELEVANT AGAIN

Is it better to run 2 units of 5 blightkings or 1 unit of 10?

YAAAAAAS 5 WAYS TO PLAY DEATH SOUP

Thoghts on the Pusgoyle Blightlords and the Lord of Affliction?
220 for two of the dudes, 200 for the hero.

At least one plastic FH with Shadespire Blood Warriors + one with Khul tho

Stop whining. You don't have to play it if you don't want to.

I just realised that every arachnarok works as a 160mm+3' bubble of nope on the table

It's a double-edged sword but yeah its great once you get the hang of it. Going from 1 of them to 2 was a game-changer for me. You suddenly have a ton of board space under your 16 legs.

Combined with a unit of 60 grots its pretty funny.

So I used to play Bretonnians back in warhammer fantasy, quit before the end times due to a lack of time; are they... how does Age of Sigmar work? I can use my old Bret models, right? Are they any good?

>he does not use a flame cannon for max ass molestation when you one shot their general

>flame cannon
>compendium rules
user...

Read the rules. It's four fucking pages, that should probably not be too much too ask for, right?
And yes, brets are good. Unsupported, but their rules hold up. In fact, they're better than they've been for years. Decades, possibly.

You can but be ready for no new rules and models for them. They have profiles and point values just to cover them but they are playable so download the Bretonnia Compendium from GW site and have fun

How much customization and optional parts do you guys think we'll get with this set?

>its going to be easy to build with 0 customization

>Faction with the most releases, best rules, and most support is the winner

Imagine my shock.

>faction with best rules is the winner
>the best faction is the best
who would've guessed

>following the rules to this shitty game

Found the brainlet

t. stormcast fag

>I just exactly quoted you

>specifically coming into a thread for a game you don't like to try and bother the people in the thread who obviously like the game and won't really pay you any attention that you so desperately covet

I'm still salty that Spiderfang don't get the BCR treatment. I know it's just 2 kits and a boss on giant spider but the arachnarok alone could be splitted into 6 warscrolls or more

>being this upset about it

And then use the Order Allegiance for more rules and bonuses. Check OP for the GH2017 pdf.

What is it not allowed or something?

Do you guys know if this guy is made out of resin or metal when you order him? The website doesnt tell.

Our time will come, brother. As spiders we must learn to wait.

I don't think so but I hope you are right. I mean look at this unit - they are literally spider grots yet GW didn't give them spiderfang keyword