Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Reporting for Duty Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

first for nightborne waifus

"My father once told me the world was gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed" -Jaina Proudmoore

3rd for bring back practical femnelf ears

TRUE HERALD OF THE TITANS

She's a goddamn slut. I mean by this point there's pretty much nobody left aside from alliance PCs that hasn't fucked her somehow

>Battle for Azeroth will now feature romance options!

That's not how the song goes...

>practical femnelf ears
What's the practical use of elf ears?

IMHO, they made nelves pretty obsolete.

>No gnome gf to sit on your face

My soon to be main race

except night elves are still on alliance

Exactly

with both belves and nightborne, the horde is pretty much highborne empire 2.0 at this point

who wins

pikachu

>AND DID YOU BRING THESE MONGRELS HERE... JUST TO WATCH YOU DIE?!

I for one welcome being able to cuck Green Jesus.

>Reporting for Duty
"'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form."

I'm still mad this will never be a thing.

>BFA turns out to be the forsaken lead by an elf and the elves using the rest of the horde to reestablish their empire.

X'Dorei Resurgent Empire when?

>implying it isn't the true villain of BFA and all the mongrel races empower themselves with the Azerite deposits cropping up all over the world

That Quilboar in the BFA preview trailer was just the first inkling. Notice how they updated Kobolds, Troggs, and Murlocs but not Gnolls in Legion.

where do you make these?

Can we have an orc who doesn't suck in charge of the Horde again?

I miss Thrall before he caught a terminal case of stupid

>Azerite makes intelligent Murlocs, Gnolls, troggs and Kobolds

explains all the hearthstone cards with them having intelligent cards and personalities..

Let me use the opportunity to say that Azeroth has the best Kobolds of all the settings I'm aware of. They're just the way they should be.

Are these races and trolls the true natives of Azeroth? Tauren too, or are they titan-forged?

I just googled it, I don't know.

Why would an Orc ever be allowed to become a Warchielf? It's like you want the Horde to degrade to savagery.

Soon.

Warcraft Kobolds are great but they're so different from what we see in other settings for Kobolds that I almost wish Blizzard had given them a different name.

do you consider creations of magic/void/elementals/life magic as natives to planets or do you consider Titan races the native?

Tauren are a beast race spawned by a Wild God. To be precise, they're descendants of the Yaungol, who are a beast race spawned by a Wild God.

Troggs and Kobolds are defective Titanforged races. They shot off from the Dwarves. They're not aliens because they were made from Azeroth's rock and stone but they're not naturally occurring.

Gnolls are still unknown. I think Brann theorized they were like the Quilboar, the mortal children of a Wild God (either Goldrinn or some unknown hyena wild god).

I want it to be shamanistic

I'd also be happy with a troll or tauren

I don't want the Horde side of the Horde to be playing second fiddle to the fancypants side of the Horde

But they're infinitely closer to the mythological concept of Kobolds. That is to say, they don't shit all over that concept.

Mongrel Horde powered by Azerite and influenced by N'zoth?
I don't give a fuck as long as a needed up Hogger is a boss at some point.

>implying
Only Arthas ever touched her, and look what happened to him!

The Gnoll armies were actually really strong.

>implying Sarufang would let it become savage.
Fuck the Banshee Queen, we need a true Orc.

Things that naturally evolved before the titans. I guess elementals might count, but not to me since their aspects of magic and all that. While native to the planet they're not normally what I'd call alive.

I thought yaungol were descended from a tribe of tauren that got stranded when Pandaria was cut off from the rest of the world.

Endless hordes of yowler-spawn.

Tauren Warchief would be ace. Just angry enough about Earth Mother getting fucked up, but chill enough to talk.

>Hogger Camps flash back intensifies

I don';t think Trolls evolved until the Titans made the world safe for them.

It's the other way around. Tauren are the descendants of a Yaungol tribe that broke free from the Mogu control. Taunka too.

I think thats a good case for Alliance morality. They didn't genocide the gnolls after the Gnoll wars and when given the chance to kill the baddest biggest gnoll ever Hogger they instead arrested him and put him through trial.

Weren't the trolls at war with the old-god-elemental-bug empires before the titans showed up?

But Baine sucks. There are only two real options for a new warchief, and these are Saurfang and Lor'themar.

always thought it weird they kept the model the same as the priests.

There were no bug empires before the titans showed up. There was a single empire of the Old Gods that encompassed the entirety of Azeroth.

Saurfang doesn't want the job iirc, and even if I like Lor'themar there's no way we need another elf in charge.

The Primal Flamesaber implies tons of animals were just Elemental-like forms.

You're wrong though.
Her father fucked her... when he decided to be muh internment camps.
Thrall fucked her... when he made Garrosh warchief.
Garrosh and the entire Horde fucked her... when he bombed Theramore.
That Blood Elf faction in Dalaran fucked her... by being a part of the divine bell incident.
Varian fucked her... when he didn't let Thrall kill Garrosh.
The Kirin Tor fucked her... when they let the Horde back in.
She's a regular town bicycle.

Better one.
Who was the better KANG
Who was the better Warrior
Who was a better person to fight next to in the midst of battle?
Who has the better voice?

On the other hand, when the fate of the Orcs was being decided, Genn wanted to genocide them so much that he left the Alliance in a tantrum when it was decided to put them in internment camps.

Who cares?

The wrong Greymane died.

A man who doesn't want the job is the perfect candidate, because he would never use his power for selfish means. For the record, Lor'themar also doesn't like being the Lord Regent.

Anduin Lothar on all accounts.

Yaungol were a beast race spawned by a wild god, that lived in Central Kalimdor under the tutelage of Cenarius. However, they grew sick of having to compete with trolls and wandered away from Cenarius, going South to what would become Pandaria. There, they encountered the Mogu Empire and were enslaved as a servitor species of the Mogu. They were subjected to flesh-shaping and enhanced to become superior servants, only to rebel with the other slave species of the Mogu Empire.

Once the Mogu Empire was overthrown, the Yaungol split into three groups.
Those who wished for isolation from other races ventured to the furthest reaches of the continent and were transformed into Taunka due to their proximity to Titan technology in Ulduar.
Those who wished to return to the ancient teachings of Cenarius returned to Central Kalimdor, where the mutating energies of the Well of Eternity transformed them into Tauren. A special subgroup of Tauren were further blessed by Cenarius and became the Highmountain Tauren.
Those that remained, remained the Yaungol and were influenced by their constant war with the other species of the Pandarian region and became extremely war-like and militant.

All of these subspecies of Yaungol remained in contact with one another, until the Sundering took place, forever cutting them off from one another and forcing them to develop in isolation from their kin for ten thousand years. As for the wild god that spawned the tauren, some people speculate it might have been Niuzao the Black Ox, one of the August Celestials.

well it would break the tedium of elfposting

>gets mobbed by 2 ogre mages and dies.

Don't forget how Blizzard fucked her

Blizzard fucked her harder than anyone else, by destroying her personality in an attempt to force YET MORE RvB down our throats

Genn is a bit like Odyn in that the lore makes him out to be a horrible person, but he comes across as a solid guy if you only play the game.

Goddammit I want my fucking turn.

There was nothing solid about fucking over Darius Browley.

odyn ended up being right though you can't trust the Dragons with the ammount of power the Titans gave them.

Settra was.

This shit is retarded af.

You know if it wasn't for shit like Northrend and Helja, I might trust Odyn to not be absolutely wrong.

Azeroth still exists.
The Old World doesn't.
I think the choice is obvious.

>Malygos went crazy from isolation
>Deathwing went crazy from Old God exposure
>Nozdormu will go crazy from the fear of mortality
>Ysera was straight-up corrupted by Xavius and put down like a dog
>There's only one original Aspect remaining
>And all she wants is to protect everything

>and all she wants is dick

>Accept my power, and no one will ever have to die again.
>t. N'zoth

You know it'll happen.

If the Titan facility on Zandalar confirms that Trolls are a Titanic creation, what's species do we actually have that aren't Titanic servitors subjected to the Curse of Flesh? The only ones I can count are the tauren, orcs and draenei.

>The Old World doesn't.
DELET

orcs came from a giant thing made by the Titans on Draenor

Fuck that trailer got me hyped.

Nothing makes me happier than watching Dark elfs burn.

Silly fuccboi, Azeroth died almost fourteen years ago.

I wonder if we'll get Troll Egypt or something.

I'd say bullshit but then I realized Blizzard could give her a Void Elf mortal form to compliment her being a Void dragon. Now I'm worried.

Specifically, Grond, creation of Aggramar.

So if your Orc just completed Antorus, congratulations, you've just punched your God in the face.

Alex isn't that stupid. She knows remembers exactly what happened the last time the Old Gods spoke to an Aspect for a prolonged period.

The Black Empire of the Aqir.

Which the Trolls fucked over so hard they split.

She doesn't have to know it's him. He could just pose as Eonar.

>Dragonfire plays in the background.
>Dragon mage deletes the high elf archer line.
>tfw

>Blizzard is though

You know, Loken also went crazy and corrupted everyone else he could reach, Ra was beaten by a mook and Odyn only kept his wits because his horrible decisions luckily got him trapped in a parallel dimension.

FUCK

You forgot to mention that Tyr is dead, and Archaedas holed up in Uldaman.

What was your favorite fakelore?

The Dark Below sounded a lot more interesting that anything we got in Legion

Why do dragons like to turn take the form of elven sluts so much?

because it gets people's benises erect

>Dragon you are red
>I bet your blood is too
>Ryu ga waga teki wu kurau

If you were a shapeshifter you'd do it too.

They take the form of what they think is most appropriate for dealing with the humanoid mortals. Alex, Ysera and Nozdormu chose elves, Kalecgos and the Deathwing family chose human forms, and Chromie chose a gnome.
>Children's Week
>You take an orphan to Wyrmrest Temple to meet Alex personally
>Congratulations, you just gave the kid his first stiffy

>>Children's Week
>>You take an orphan to Wyrmrest Temple to meet Alex personally
>>Congratulations, you just gave the kid his first stiffy

But I took Dornaa... oh.