Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Exciting New Releases edition

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/dark-gods-rise-new-pre-orders/

>Daily Painting Video
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Grey Stone Buildings. (embed)

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and Such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/01/07/next-weeks-pre-orders-cycle-corruption-continues/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FIRST FOR SLAANESH

Nids>chaos
Casters>martials

Those new golden Sisters of Battle (male) models look nice.

Old school Jetbikes are here and they are glorious!.

Nth for the Hammer of the Emperor

Xth for the boys in green

Reposting from other thread:
Gonna be building my GK Paladin box soon after I finish this current project. I've been considering making an Apothecary, 3 Paladins, and an Ancient out of it. How should I arm the Paladins and Ancient? The Apo is getting a hammer for sure, and I have extra bits to make more hammers. I like to be as wysiwyg as possible just to avoid confusion midgame. The points on wargear swap from 7th to 8th really messed up my loadouts. Where I used to have 4 Halberds and a Hammer, I now need Falchions. I was considering how autistic I'd look for doing a Sword + falchion combo to make a sort of "duelist" look while counting as 2 Falchions.

Has their been any word for when FW is going to release the full versions of their indexes?

Where are the custard terminators on the si Having trouble finding them.

forge world was apparently a one man operation so when the one man died it stopped all production.

asked in the last thread just before it was doomed to die so I'll do it again:

What's your favourite colour for power armour?

I've never been really keen on Blood Angel lore but recently I've been really enjoying how red looks on marines

>SOB codex

Site*

>implying transvestites of battle aren't getting squatted

>one man operation

how the fuck does a corporation think this is a good idea

Black and silver.

I think I can make everyone mad. What if the next new codex was Iron Warriors

NURGLE STOP!!!

warhammer-community.com/2018/01/07/next-weeks-pre-orders-cycle-corruption-continues/

I would be pleased. Iron warriors are cool. Unlike nurgle.

Oh, that explains why CSM rapier heavy bolters are still 48" range.

I think I will hate nurgle for a long time. All their models are shit.

As much as my tau auxiliaries want their codex.. if it was a good one, I'd probably be happy for them. Or start a small force, I love em and painted up a few

In their defence it ran fine until he died

In 40k they are on the level of Word Bearers. One of the most pathetic sub-factions that lose literally every single engagement. Like if you think Black Legion are losers, then IW/WB would be 10x that.

Yes.

I think it would be more confusion than anger.

Settle down dorn. Black legion are massive loser because they think they aren't Word bearers suffer because Lorgar is the worst primarch.

In comparison IW are cool.

TRENCH SHOTGUN RELIC WEAPON

MAKE IT HAPPEN

not even up for preorder my dude

Word Bearers didn't lose In my Dark Crusade campaign

It happens more often than you think. One guy becomes hyper good at what he does and becomes a cornerstone of the production line. Usually either it's a skill-set that is extremely hard/impossible to teach to another, or taking the time to teach another would grind all production to a halt for 6+ months.

They remind me of Alpha Legion in 30k in that regard. Beloved by the fans but constantly set up to be the jobbers for someone else.

At least proofread your shit-tier uninformed opinion, user. That's just embarrassing.
Then direct yourself to 8th ed chaos codex read because I am completely right.

Even worse, guy was terminal and most of GW didn't even know it was bad until he died.

What would even be the point
What would they bring that CSM don't already bring

Alpha Legion's problem is that anything t GW reveals for them could never live up to the hype and speculation.

That's the point

Pretty much this. It is a damn shame since they both have great aesthetics.

wasnt he like lead designer? I wonder when they are going to finish FoC lore so the book can drop.

Source you opinion with a pic, its up to you to prove it. Otherwise its just an opinion. Like mine that IW are rad.

Really all of Chaos is like that to be honest.

Alpha Legion have been ruined by memers and scum even lower than them, known as Black Library authors. Only Alan Bligh did them justice.

ugh. those models are so cartoony. I want disgusting scary nurgle not this marvel comic book shit.

Where can I get hold of some chaos vehicle accessory sprues at a decent price? I've seen some on ebay, but at that price I might as well just buy a whole tank.

You can always paint them to be dark and shiny, you know.

Honestly they should have acess to basilisks, their own special Dreads, Fiends, terrain units, etc. They COULD be their own codex, but it would require GW to put in the proper effort.

Properly run Alpha Legion just aren't possible in 40k. The game just flat out can't be balanced for it.

>big loyalist IW force coming to refit, refuel, and then fuck back off to fighting Orks
>leader is a fucking loose cannon asshole who is more content fighting than getting involved in legion bullshit
>opens fire on them, doesn't even end up destroying the enemy despite being bailed out by the mechanicum

Shouldn't of kept going on about how nurgle was a jolly god of friendship and flu. Nurgle deserves it. So many times I have to read anons post about papa nurgle, like his some benevolent friend to neckbeards everywhere. He even has his own waifu looked in his basement. Fuck Nurgle.

Maybe you never said it but so many wankers did

What did you buy today anons?
I got myself a tyrant and another set of warriors

Still cool.

ran my crusaders in a game today.

They are terrifying.

brought a priest and a psyker, the whole mess fit snug into a chimera and popped out to charge and wreck ungodly amounts of face.

30 S3AP-3 attacks with rerolls to hit on the first round and then the fucking act of faith to fight twice. They chewed through two whole squads of marines without even slowing down, then BEAT UP LOGAN GRIMNAR.

I must vow not to use this power for evil.

Nothing, don't have any money.

>always pronounced Primaris as Prime-are-iss
>watch a Duncan vid
>Prime-air-iss

a-am i right, or is he?

Yea but user that would require him to actually buy models and be creative.

Hey team, wondering if anyone has a copy of WD 252 lying around? It's not in the megas. I'm not looking for the whole scan, just the details on the Ulthwe army in the battle report. Want to do a current eldar list up like that old one.

Pic related

>implying saint Duncan is ever wrong

I never did that. played death guard as a kid but that was almost 20 years ago.

I am waiting for more info on custodes before i decide if i am going to buy more Khorne Daemons or not.

What this doesn't explain is why newer traitors keep their gear.

He's right.

OK Veeky Forums/, it's FINALLY time to settle this once and for all - do Orks have penises or not? Are all my lurid fantasies of Imperial women being raped by filthy smelly Orks just a fantasy?

I mean, EVEN sentient mushrooms must have dicks. Right?

Depends on your accent/nationality/local dialect, I would guess?
I pronounce it Prime-air-iss but that might just be in the UK

How would you pronounce primary?

It's funny because I have not seen anyone post that shit lately.

During armageddon there was a battle report where the flavor text mentioned an ork taking a slash against a wall. So I assume yes.

Orcs are gaybois that fuck each other in the ass to prove dominance

Dawn of War 2 has a line referencing peeing so maybe

Thank you for actually using that word properly. I see fucking morons on here all the time saying "that's aesthetic". No, It has an aesthetic, and even then, If they said It had an aesthetic that's just saying it has a visual style. No shit, everything has a visual style. Sorry for the rant but yeah, thank you for getting shit right. You can have an opinion on an aesthetic, but calling something aesthetic Is like calling something visual. It makes no sense. I know they mean It's aesthetically pleasing but fucking learn to use words, people.

maybe they just pee from a hole tho.

Waiting for my order of Kharn and Warp Talons to arrive. Pretty excited about using WE talons to supplement my Zerkers in Rhinos. Was also holding out on using named characters, but Kharn with his warlord trait and 12 base attacks sounds really damn sweet so I want to try it out.

What's a Deathwatch marine doing killing something that isn't a xenos?

aren't marines T4? i guess with all those rerolls it didn't matter

>Getting salty over a shitty meme.

A fair bit of RnH stuff.

Noted, user. I read a lot so it I think it comes with that. Though to be fair, it is a bit of a meme to say "that's aesthetic" so people go with it.

That's what storm shields will do for ya. Goofiest fucking shit ever when they block an imperial knight with a shield.

How many Jetbikes are you going to buy user?

All of the jetbike. So many jetbike it will make 7th ed Eldarfag blush.

At least a box of 3. Mostly it depends on how decent they are.

If they're shit I'll buy a box to paint them, but if they're decent I might get I like that they're actually Custodes themed now. Infinitely better than the FW ones.

Already got 10 windriders.

Enough for 1000pts, so like 3 boxes at least.

Wut?

Oh, my bad then, did not know It was a meme, exude my ignorance. I recently started lurking on here for the first time In a while. Like, since a few years after chanology, so by here I mean 40kgeneral. What have I missed? What was It like mid 7th ed, was there a lot of eldar hate?

The FW jetbikes look like jetdildos.

3++ to block that foot or shots from their guns. Hyuck

I think jetbikes will be the most popular kit of the faction.
Collectors/hobbyists will want them.
Custodes players will want them.
People who want cool bikes, to convert or stick in with their armies will want them.

I guess it also depends what else they reveal, more to the entire range supposedly. Not shit dread anyone?

Supposedly they will be available in boxes of 3.

It's typically not an intentional process, and it's one that's very, very hard to "correct" while still remaining productive and profitable.

Also, many managers are blind to just how much "critical employees" do, and then when they leave the company (for any reason) suddenly everything falls apart.

Guard are viewed as the new Eldar despite being nowhere near that level of broken.

>rant about grammar then type exude instead of excuse.
Oh, fuck me sideways.

Whoa look at this optimist.

It's the best feeling when one shield terminator tanks 9 shots of plasma or 6 hits of a power fist.

Literally my army but I have terminators as well. Works really well man. I smashed a Dark Angel army that I know for a fact was 500 points over our agreed limit (I've played Dark Angels since 3rd). Can't wait for us to get some new models in the next couple of years

Think it's a Veeky Forums meme or something like that. You didn't miss much though, just a lot of whining and shitposting as usual. Now that we have /pol/ it also invades with random irrelevant political bullshit.

>guards fag

Now that's just hilarious.

Yeah, on the flip side it feels fucking terrible to be on the opposing side of massed 3++ hurka durka crusaders and wulfen. Wulfen are far worse since the models look awful too, it's just shitty if you can't deny invulns or your army lacks good mortal wound spam.

So you just wanted what the army consisted of?

Just dug it up now, they had: -
a Seer Council consisting of 3 farseers (2 with singing spears, one with pistol and ccw) and 4 warlocks (all with pistols & ccws).

8 Howling Banshees including an Exarch with executioner.

1 Vibro-cannon.

5 Fire Dragons including an exarch with firepike.

Guardian Storm Squad of 9 guardians (2 with fusion guns) and 1 warlock with singing spear.

Guardian Defender Squad of 15 guardians (including starcannon team) and 1 warlock with pistol and ccw.

Only 1,000 points in total. I hope this helps

The diddler god will be first to be obliterated

I've been there too, and just when you think they are dead they get more attacks.

>tfw I have enough mortal wounds to kill an army of them