Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

All Marines All The Time Edition

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/dark-gods-rise-new-pre-orders/

>Daily Painting Video
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Grey Stone Buildings. (embed)

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and Such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

rainymood.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Dreadnoughts!

2nd for fat hammy thighs

What should an imperial fist army look like? inb4 "yellow" Just a pile of bolters and a sprinkling of power fists?

better be paying for fortifications too, my friend.

boring. just think boring and you will be fine

>2k18
>Mega still not updated
Im here all year folks, my brand new Christmas kindle isnt going to fill itself now

go look at the 30k IF armies

I got an HD8 tablet myself. Pretty nice once you download Google Play Store on it. Watching Netflix while I paint.

Here you go, user. Enjoy.

>Shields everywhere
I would if it were an option. But I can't do that without going all elite.

>tfw playing tw2 while painting warham while reading about warham
>Eldar shit
>Not druharki

>replace shields with fortifications
>take tonnes of bolters
>moustaches and mutton-chops everywhere
you're done

It's Ynnari. It has both, you moron.

>IF
>mustaches

I'm watching Myths&Monsters, grinding out fishing on Old School Runescape, and painting a Razorwing Jetfighter while on Discord with a bud. Only thing that would make this comfier is some rain.

>Being slightly interested in Eldar shit in the first place

Moustaches are just classy user

One order of comfy rain:
rainymood.com/

>pdf on a kindle

i dig my fingers into my eyes

yeahboi

Good sources for third party human heads?

So did the crybabies mess with my Mortarion deepstrike yet? I want to do it legally at least once

Codex isn't out for everyone yet but it is legal as far as rules go.

Is there any way to get the GW epubs to display on a Kobo? The formatting is all fucked up on mine when I try to use them in an actual eReader (they're fine on the laptop)

Does anyone have "sons of the hydra" as a pdf yet? I'm painting up some alpha legion boys and could use motivation.

I don't. From what I hear they are mostly other legions dressed up as AL

look how much better this is user. he almost looks like a functioning human bean and not a towering mass of autism made flesh.

Hydra Dominatus!

I use lithium on android and it works fine.

>it's y-ynnari you m-moron
you have to be 18 to post on Veeky Forums

>towering mass of autism made flesh.
You realize that's not Perturabo right?

Custodes aren't marines.

>reeeeeeeeee

>towering mass of aspergers

I think I can see why GW doesn't want to do refreshes of entire model lines.
Like people who've been collecting a certain army for ages, they aren't going to dump their collection and buy the refresh. Some might, but realistically loads won't rebuy their army.

People like to buy what is new. Primaris are the result of the popularity of newer things and marines. How to get more marines bought? Just reboot the entire marine line, that's how.
So you'd be better off hoping for a new kit rather than them updating minor crap. Plasticizing entire ranges would probably have poor ROI. GW doesn't have an agenda their pushing, whatever they do, they're just following the scent of money.

certain armies needed it though, Dark eldar waiting over 12 years and then getting a 100% new range for example

Statuesque miniatures

is there a copypasta of all of the mental conditions all the primarch suffered from?

Do IG/generic human heads and legs fit on Fire Warrior bodies? I want to make some gue'la.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of sisters players would replace their armies if new plastic kits were released.

At the bare minimum I'd replace all the infantry in my 2000 point list.

dropping new models for old armies generates interest through user. for instance, if tomorrow they announced new plastic khorne berserkers, tonnes of khorne players would grab them, but there would also be new players/people who don't collect khorne who would also want to start an army.

Yes.

Communist Faggot

Should I put female heads on my SM?
It'd be a good way to filter out the pick up players that take the game too seriously.

How do I paint this skin? I got a new DP to get ready for next weekend and need help here

If I am using an index army, am I a dick if I ask my opponent to restrict themselves to just the core rulebook strategems?

I can't really compete against some of the crazy shit that codex armies can pull off.

One of the many
>I worked for GW I swear guys
claimed the DE refresh wasn't as successful as they GW wanted, so there is more emphasis on new rather than refresh.

It could be complete BS and may have likely been. But I do buy the idea that refreshing an entire range lacks great returns. Plastic is costly, and not enough people would rebuy an army.
So the DE may have sold and been received well, but not enough people want to rebuy armies.

I don't actually play the game, I just like how they look. I might start playing eventually, but I'm garbage at tactics.

To reinforce that user's point I wouldn't buy new hypothetical berzerkers because I've already bought 3 boxes over the last few months. I'm sure lots of people would feel the same. Other people that already have models would very likely feel reluctant to replace/repaint their armies also.

You just mad we got the best girls

Washes and some drybrushing. Then varnish if you want it to look glossy like that.

I need to know what colors though.

Latest White Dwarf is up.

But think about it. What would build up buzz more?
Beserker refresh and/or some finecrap getting plastic. Or Corrupted Primaris Berserkers that are multiwound and boost stats from shedding blood and carry new bigger weapons? Or whatever passes for cool for Khorne.

The latter no one has, the former people have and may just pick up a box.
It isn't that old armies are old and dead, it is just more appealing to make new things and a better return. As opposed to redoing entire ranges of every faction, even though to be blunt some of them aren't that popular and should temper expectations.

Codex: Murder Elves when?

Sad_Archon.png

i can get this since i have some steel legion models which i wouldn't replace for anything. as for the berserkers i guess they're just a weird tick for me since i've been waiting for new ones for years so i can justify picking up khorne.

Can I get some more unique Tau infantry?

>tfw Jes Goodwin did your whole line and made it modular for conversions.

R8 my ork relic

>Experimental Tellyporta
>Once per game, the bearer of the Experimental Tellyporta may activate it
>Roll a d6
>On a 1, there is a malfunction and the bearer disappears from the battlefield for the rest of the battle and is considered slain for game purposes
>On a 2-5 the bearer is removed and is placed anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" away from enemy models
>On a 6, the bearer is removed, and placed anywhere on the battlefield. If the bearer is placed within 1" of an enemy unit, both the bearer and the enemy unit suffer d3 mortal wounds and are then considered to be locked in combat.

Khorne Berzerkers need new models, they were one of the first plastic kits in 3rd edition. It's pretty fucking shameful they still sell those sprues at full price.

deldar?
fuck the vids of him talking about his design process for them makes me diamond

>kroot
>vespids
>firewarriors
>stealth suits

u got a plenty user how about you play some

Thank you and bless your rolls, user.

I should have said uniques, whoops
sorry user
off the top of my head, I can think of darkstrider because he's on the first page

After Custodes: Alien Hunters, Custodes: Daemon Hunters and Primaris Custodes

Both burnaboys and lootas have access to the spanner.
Both units have the mekanic special rule.
Niether unit mentions that only the spanners have that rule.
So every burnaboy and loota can repair a vehicle?

its rattled the shit out of me when they put up the price on them, like come the fuck on you should be discounting them at this point.

No you're not getting beam katanas

Dunno. Aside from the hands the models are alright.
There also was the Berserker conversion kit FW made in the meantime.
GW is still selling the GorkaMorka wartrakk with the pre-Brian Nelson Ork designs. Brian Nelson doesn't even work for GW anymore. The new ork range was made by Seb Perbet and others. It's like two generations behind.

Thats bullshit. There are shitloads of people starting the hobby each year and many who want to start a second army.
GW has no excuse.

>tfw there are only 6 axes for 12 berzerkers in those boxes

at this point for khorne berserkers just grab all the world eater 30k shit and paint it red. it just lacks marks of khorne.

Yeah, getting people to jump into the army is likely a better bet than hoping on rebuyers.
But to get people to jump in with a new army, you usually need something to push them over the edge. Sometimes it is plastic, but sometimes you need more. Because, they never collected the army because something didn't appeal to them, you need novelty and something fresh and cool.

New named guys?
Maybe some Enclaves dudes, that might be your best bet. Yes I know that isn't infantry.

I dunno, why would I take it if there's a chance my character is just gone, even with command points.

Not to mention the 6 doesn't seem that great when you both suffer mortal wounds, so I might get 3 done to me while my opponent gets 1. Sure warbosses have a lot of wound, but that's half his health. And he still has to fight in combat. He might not make all his attacks, he might not wound all his attacks. Then he's still in combat with another character or unit on his ass and can get blown to fuck.

Terrible relic, needs work.

Wow really? That pretty ridiculous.

Man, each space marine figurine sold gives 10000% profit. There is no way they lose money, they are just lazy bastards.

well for my example of khorne shit just smash out angry ron at the same time. tonnes of people i know switched to tau when they got their newer super-sized mechs.

>Terrible relic, needs work.
Thats why its realistic as an ork relic

back in the day there was no distinction between chainaxes and -sword or any of the power weapons for that matter.
So there is an even split between swords and axes.
Was just cosmetics back then.

RAW, can a crisis suit take *any* weapon (for instance, a railgun) from the table in the index?

Should just have it inflict D3 mortals on whatever it is closest to on the 6. To represent teleporting into somebody.

Exactly, bringing out the primarch would bring a lot more buzz.

And the Tau reflects new kits pushing people to start Tau cause new cool things that appeal to them.

Yes, it is kind of annoying, but FW sells packs of chainaxes at least. I do like how many extra bits and random chains with skulls there are in them though.

No.
Crisis options are specified in the book.

Imagine if they could just take any weapon. Get idiots running single bolt pistols.

I heard people saying that Emperor's children can use noise marines as troops instead of elites but i cant find this anywhere in the codex. Do anyone have a source for this?

That's dumb, everyone else gets free relics that do whatever they want while orks get the one that has drawbacks to it.

Better to just have it be like an actual tellyport strike. Can only be used for mega armored characters and gives him Tellyport Strike: Him and up to ten infantry models can make a jump anywhere on the board 9 inches away from an enemy model.

If you want it more offensive, make it so he does do d6 mortal wounds to any unit within 6 or so inches of him when he can teleport within the 9 inch buff all teleportation abilities get.

>It isn't that old armies are old and dead, it is just more appealing to make new things and a better return. As opposed to redoing entire ranges of every faction, even though to be blunt some of them aren't that popular and should temper expectations.

This is a point I've thought about a few times. Some armies deserve a whole revamp (Sisters, but are people who don't have them going to buy them?), some armies just need a couple of updated infantry boxes.

I know I've seen plenty of Ork players for example who say they'd buy a whole new range of Boyz, but at the same time, there are dudes who have 5,000+ points and probably don't want to buy and paint that many dudes again.

Updated basic infantry to meet the changing scale would be nice; Aspect Warriors, Boyz, Berzerkers, Noise Marines etc, but you're not going to get a new unit for your Thousand Sons or Tyranids so stop fucking whinging every time a codex comes out for a recently updated/newer army that it hasn't got the same scale release as Death Guard or Primaris or what have you.

Read FAQ:

Oh thanks. Pretty silly that's not in the codex

>Triple Volcano cannon Crisis

honestly they probably just forgot it/they fucked up.

There is always the possibility of a few breaking the bank.
But given how much people moan about pricing, you can't expect them to literally rebuy 3k of their army. No way.

And GW knows this. It isn't a case of need, but the most profitable course of action.
So the point ends up being, temper expectations. And be grateful to not have been squatted in a few cases, lel

So if I'm using Kaoric Acolytes as beefcake crusaders alongside my cheesecake SoB, what would be a good source of replacement heads?

Also are yhe shields just to chaos looking or could I get away with just imperial-ing them up with aquillas and purity seals?

Will Custodes actually be good? Elite and strong seem to not be in fashion this edition. I'll probably collect them anyway but what tools will they need to be able to hang with Guard, Orks, or casually well made lists of mid-tier and above?

Buy some combat or storm shield bits from SM.

>exterminatus on a crisis suit
yes.

Probably mid-to-low tier like GK and Primaris-only armies. Hard to say without seeing their rules though.

unless they address their lack of serious ranged firepower by giving them balls to the wall durability through good invulns all around I can't say yes

though I don't understand why other factions can abuse the shit out of invulns like magnus being able to buff himself to a 3++ WITH rerolls of 1's

Well Magnus is a LoW and pays a ton of points for that, not to mention you have to get the Weaver of Fates cast off to get 3++. It isn't automatic and can be countered by many armies.

Both those are pretty effortless my dude. I mean sure you CAN counter it but only with certain armies and those counters are generally waaaay less dependable than just taking Magnus and spending like a CP or 2 to make sure the buffs go off.

If new models are cool they will be popular. Unfortunately GW seems to think that people find paytowin badly designed trash cool.