Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

1st for Grand Alliance: Death 2.0 Edition

Discussion: New Nurgle models and Deathfags are still dumb cucks who let GW fuck them over.

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14784506/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Suggested Skywarden fixes:
>Statwheel
Wounds 3
>Vulkanizer Pistol
Range 12", Attacks 2
>New Rule: Skyquake Bombs
Units within 6" must half their movement value and subtract -2 from charge and run rolls.

The idea is to make them slightly more competent as stallers and give them some more bite at range.

DAWI

>ITT we post things we will say goodbye to during 2018

yeah i'm hoping that either MP brings SOMETHING to Overlords, even just a hero, or GHB3 rebalances things in our favor.

I love their aesthetic and I'm in love with the ship models, but I hate how swingy things are. Its either I obliterate an opponents army units by unit with concentrated fire, or the enemy makes it to my gunlines and I auto-lose.

the last word helps some, but meh, for something with the name "Ironclad" I was expecting a 3+ save or something

the only shit you will get is Heroes of Sigmar, Hordes of Gorkamorka and Dastards of Chaos

So when the fuck is this book gonna drop so I can read story about a skellibro chopping wood?

>the skellibro is actually chopping dead dryads in their unerworld

So, are the /aosg/s of late particularly obnoxious or am I imagining things? I mean, we've always had various shitheads around, be it slav-fag, tyranid posting, death and elf whining and a whole cartload of other crap, but I get the impression that the last couple of days were especially unbearable.

>5 different ways to shitpost about AoS

Seems this new deathsoup tome is a way to keep death players pacified for a year or so until they get actual releases. Meanwhile we'll get the REAL new releases: aelfs and grots

Are you retarded? How is this not an "actual" release? There's NEVER going to be dedicated Deathrattle/Nighthaunts/Soulblight battletomes, go ahead and accept that now.

Yeah its over.

You are on your way to being squatted like brets and kangs.

Its not actual for the reasons you suggested, thanks for making my argument for me, silly.

OH NO NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jesus the salt for waiting a month is real

>its not exactly the way I envisioned it, so its stupid and I hate it!!!

10/10 argument, but its WAY past your bedtime

If you make a shit game it's likely to attract a shit fanbase.

Member when armies used to have their own identity and could stand on their own? I member.

List 5 armies who have their own identities.

From WHFB?

All of them.

I was gonna start up AoS but do you think I ought to wait for the campaign to actually start? I dunno what army I even want to start to be honest.

Just pick any Order army and get your dick sucked by GW.

Play Stormcast for maximum dick-sucking.

Played my 2nd game of AoS today. My old wood elves aka wanderers vs some Khorne daemons at 1000pts. I didn't lose a single model and tabled him. He had a few bad rolls, but I wasn't rolling fire. Shooting vs melee seems a little one sided.

Haven't visited /aosg/ for a few weeks, so I'm out of the meme loop. But how is a GA battletome a bad thing? It means that my VC are still untouched. Every single model from 8th still having rules and still buyable. Don't @ me if you don't belong to one of the 4 bloodlines.

What does VC stand for? Vampire Cucks?

big if true

so many slavs

Voodoo Control

>literally SEETHING that the master race is unsquattable
kek at ur slav lyfe

Good ideas thanks.

Vicious Cunt

Voluptuous Curves

I'm sure it's been asked before, but how is the Death Battleforce? At a glance it seems solid, and with the upcoming death legions, I want to start a blood legion army with Neffy. If I get that, would I need a SC box or would it be overkill? I ask because a friend has one he's willing to sell.

Imagine playing ANY army other than death
what a total faggot you would be lol

>Manlets and soy boy skeletons

*Laughs in Dawi*

>Skirmish game.

Rito GW

The bigger unit size discount was such a bad direction for AOS
The rules do not work well for hordes, slows the game down so much

Rumour time: MP events kicks off start of march with the new soup tome and campaign book, as well as 4 hero models.

Then in summer the 'global' events kick off where we play in store and effect the story somehow (like how the firestorm cities were Order because Order won a previous global campaign). This summer phase also has a surprise release, no idea what it is yet (but not aelves, see below).

When the story reaches its second phase, the new factions come into the story: 2 new aelf factions.

The campaign ends in Q4 some time with a bunch of novels set in the newly-established cities and realms explored in the campaign. .

>#4
>Elves lizards and dawi
>Lizards dont even have a hero to represent them

How is this allowed.

>that order list

Exactly. It's designed as a skirmish faster game and was heading in that direction but now it's back to massive model counts. Holla holla get dolla trumps good game i guess.

Don't get me wrong, big armies are fun but the reason people didn't get into fantasy as much was because the entry count was massive.

When a 2k point army was like 2 infantry units a special and a lord and a hero a long time ago and it grew over time.

Now AoS went from small model count to horde blobs.

I play dispossessed so I got a few blob units but the rest is specialized shit like irondrake/breakers and war machines.

>No new death stuff in campaign centered around shyish

I can see it.

Was gone for a while, what's the matter with "soup" and "5" posts?

soup is a getting previous WHFB that GW under supports and frankenstiening them into an army.

Well new death faction / models might be the 'surprise' in summer.

I don't see the issue with hordes; you slaughter them just as fast as elite infantry. Whats the difference? Take 2 turns to grind through 10 elite dudes, or 2 turns to grind through 60 peasants?

From an army-building perspective I don't see the issue as long as you don't NEED a horde army, i.e. you can choose to have smaller model count elite army if you wish.

We will get 5 new battletomes

Legion of Nagash
Defenders of Sigmar
Mobs of Gorkamorka
Crusaders of Chaos
Deathcast Eternals

I'm so ready for mobs of gorkamorka

Basically I want that cutscene in Total War where the greenskins charge toward that Empire city, in AOS form.

I see that. Some armies can bypass the weak horde issue like dispossesed.

Just go for it. It's mixed death shit.

Protip: You can choose any Mortarch you want. You aren't restricted by choosing oinly Neffy. I recommend putting magnets on Arkhan, Neferata and Mannfred, so you can easily switch between them.

But user. we are not talking about the ninth age.

Kharadron Overlords do have their own identity.

You can stop projecting your insecurities now.

Everyone knows GW has botched AoS in many ways. They need to work on it.

Thoughts on color scheme?

Yes, I know the base isn't finished.

>They need to make it to MY autistic tastes.

FTFY.

Friendly reminder:
>strawpoll.me/14784506/r

Honestly no. Nothing is perfect. AoS just has tons of issues and the way GW is handling it is terrible.

It feels like they put it on the back burner for 40k which is one of the reasons WHFB suffered.

>Death so fucking starved they eat up any shit GW serves them

Death is never starving.

>the reason people didn't get into fantasy as much was because the entry count was massive.

or because it had ancient models and rules and shit for support

And like 3 units.

They've become like delusional courts, craving to feast on the corpse of their dead faction, driven to madness by sheer hunger. Nothing can phase them as they squat, curved and bitter, over their meal

Fair play to GW though. They have managed to get death players excited about their existing models and willing to buy a new GA Death book. Then will get them to ditch that and buy a new death faction too. Its genius.

>t. GW

Your next line will be "How do I get in touch with chinaman"

Aren't they like more than half a dozen, not counting heroes?

So i want to paint my spooks. Not in the standard pale green but in violett/purple. Is it possible or do they get to pink-ish?

That's my favorite Fyreslayer scheme.
Also your PAINTS are THICC as fuck, what the hell are you using?

>tfw you wanted to plan a cool AoS campaign
>ends up being Seiken Densetsu 3

Fuck my imagination.

Anyone ever been to one of warhammer worlds narrative events? is it worth it? (just once)

I want Neffy to be my mortarch, though. Aren't the actual mounts different?

Unfortunately I primed these minis with too thick of a coat. I tried stripping the paint off but the primer I used is such hard. Nothing I can do, sadly.

>He doesn't have over 300 painted grots, not including heroes, squigs, monsters and warmachines

Meant to say "stuck hard". On mobile atm.

Does anyone not play this game and just paint figs? I don't have any friends and I always wonder if the game itself is fun to play. Is it pretty well balanced?

How's it compared to 40k and the original fantasy in these regards?

Mid februrary, to my understanding.

Anyone think stardrakes are cool but fucking hate the model's pose? Fucking hell GW way to ruin a concept.

if 5 than death will forever be a npc faction

I just paint so far. Haven't found anyone to play with. I mostly like crafting stories about my Dispossessed dudes since GW won't give us anything solid.

This sounds really sad and empty.

every dragon is cool in concept and every gw dragon model sucks ass

The Lord of the rings dragon and old high elf and wood elf dragons were pretty neat.

The one that looks like a dog wearing a jacket?

you mean the big smaug? yeah, it's okay.
those snakey elves dragons i didn't like.

i use both creature caster dragons for my dragonlords.

So the promotional image of the Longbeard Old Guard shows him griping a cord in his hand and medalions on his shield.
I recently bought the kit and the actual model has neither. What the fuck?

I am way too drunk and naked to go look at mine. Will report back in the morning.

GW has been building a lot of hype after a few months of a content drought. The content that followed is release that wasn't exactly what people wanted(Death or Aelf faction).

People are a little afraid they aren't going to actually develop the armies that sorely need development because of this release, and feel like this is a bit of a reversal to Vampire Counts, which honestly was kinda boring.

Any tips for making a matched/narrative campaign in AoS?

Here is the shield that I got in my kit.
Notice the lack of cording in the hand and lack of medallions hanging off the shield.

I found it more fun than Warhammer Fantasy and 40k.
Thanks to the initiative roll you are always on your toes, and choices feel tense and meaningful.

I only ever played old Fantasy and old 40k, no modern and streamlined systems. But in my modest experience, AoS is the best and most balanced system.

I got into it by just painting to start with, then battles sucked me in deep.

I found it rather tricky to arrange games, and then found that opponents fall into 2 camps (and nothing in between): complete mongs with no painted models that don't know what they are doing, competative tournament types that either don't want to play you or just use boring tournament lists.

There is no in between of people that just like playing competitive games in the sense that they try to win, but do not care if they lose, with painted armies.

Or maybe I've just been unlucky.

>tfw no lore players where i live
>tfw no players playing their favorite units
>tfw no players playing joke teams for a laugh
>tfw no well painted figs

>tfw extreme tourneyfags that take it as a professional sport who are complete cunts to play with, take 4 hours to make a turn, but are impatient or on the phone when you're taking a min to make yours

>tfw complete mongs who spraypaint their entire army in glossy black and dont know how to play

hmm general warhammer question here:

Let's say I know nothing of warhammer on any level.. is there a book or books that are nothing but the lore? I know "of" 40k and space marines? stuff.. but that's it.. I watch people play on youtube but have no idea what they are doing still im wanting to learn and get into the system...

I know they have an age of AoS starter thing I thought about buying but didn't want to invest until I knew most of what I was doing myself.

5 WAYS