/swg/ - T-65B Edition

[muffled whooshing in the distance]

Last thread: Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ (embed)
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png (embed)
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG (embed)
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Legion battlefield setup preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/5/battlefield-recon/

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/

What're your favorite starfighters, /swg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Service_Corps
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_mercenary_craft
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

K R E I A P O S T I N G

Does anyone know what happens to Jedi or Padawan that are deemed Incompetent?

They get promoted to Master.

Agricore or whatever that stuff was called.

Pretty much became Jedi custodians and Jedi farmers.

So... How long is it going to take us to see a Holdo class vessel for the new new republic navy?

should be a fucking hyperspace fireship

They were reassigned to one of the four Jedi Service Corps in the old order.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Service_Corps

Baneposting is SO 2011

That's a big assumption.

5I

what?

My TIE is best TIE because s-foils

The council of reassignment basically gets the duds, ones that don't make the cut or just generally suck a bit. From there they'll generally end up in the Service Corps and end up as the non-combat roles- diplomats, carers, advisors etc
If you are a complete fuck up that's useless and manage to just ruin everything, you'll probably end up in front of the masters council to either un-fuck yourself or get the boot out of the order

>My TIE is best TIE because s-foils

Not gonna lie, I was amused when FFG Star Wars statted the TIE Hunter.

>good
>nucanon
Why even try, at this point?

>What're your favorite starfighters, /swg/?
Best girl

B-wings are clingy and just want your credits.

N-No! Y-You're shipfu a shit!1

So, it's any of Nu-Canon even salvagable for adventures? Because you can say a lot of shit about the old canon, it was choke full of interesting shit from ships, planets, species, and plot hooks.

Fuck off eutist

Are you actually asking, or are you just feeding this thread's need to complain about everything from the new movies and books? Be honest.

No, it is not. But that is a problem of quantity, not quality. The old EU had 37 years to grow and advance, while the nucanon has only been around for four years. Of course it's not gonna contain as much interesting shit.

And really only a little over 2 years of movies.

The post-demilitarisation warlordism, you can do a lot with random powers popping up all over the place.

Like what ones? Did Nu canon expand on that? Sounds interesting.

Your butthurt does not answer the question.

Well, yeah, you can use some stuff for adventures and inspiration, I just don't understand why you would. You'd be polishing a turd.

>warlord era China, but in Star Wars

I'm not saying you might have something there...but you might have something there.

The EU was already just an overpolished turd. It was one of those Japanese turd balls that looked like a bowling ball.

I think there was a passing mention of a few factions, including a new and improved Confederacy

That's the imperial remnants, you ahd all kinds of them, from Le Edgy kids, the faction to mixing the Empire and the Rep good points.
Nu Canons has only showed us the FO, than, well. They are the FO.

It would have been nice to get some idea that with the Republic leaders destroyed, the galaxy was shattering again.

But TLJ was almost a bottle episode in its scope. I'm guessing books and comics will fill in the details over the years.

Truly? That would be wonderful.
>The Outer rim will rise again!

Yeah, but between TLJ and TFA, they had killed the two biggest factions interesting points, because both the Empire and the Rep have been siting in they fat asses for dozens of years, doing nothing but downgrading they militaries in the case of the Rep, or growing in the Outside Rim, doing nothing of interest in the Case of the empire, and both have lost a sizeable majority of they forces after the two movies (Starkiller base or the hiperdrive fleet smasher). The less we talk about the sad, sad states of the Resistence the better.

>"The almond-shaped eyes of Kaminoans were also able to see color in the ultraviolet spectrum. Therefore, what appeared as white dwellings were actually colored with shades that Humans and a number of other species could not see."

I'm planning on playing a Kaminoan Jedi in an upcoming game, and this ^ little factoid makes me want to give her an ultraviolet lightsaber.

Would this be possible? If so, would it be invisible to other races, or just look white?

How can you play a kaminoan Jedi when the order didn't even have records their planet existed?

>would it be invisible to other races, or just look white?
Think about that question really, really hard and you might find the answer.
Light sources never emit light in only one wavelength, but in several at once. The sun emits a ton of UV radiation, but it still emits white visible light.

There's already a Kaminoan Jedi in Legends, so my DM okayed a second. Leave the semantics to them, this is about the lightsaber.

So white. You could have answered my question in a third of the words you chose to.

Why are you so standoffish?

XWW if you're still looking for AT-AT names you could go by the US WWII method where, when the CO permitted it, tank crews named their tanks with a name starting with the letter of their Company - A/B/C/D/H and so forth.

It would probably be a very bright white color. As in actinic welder torch white

I'm from the firm conviction than you can get diamonds out of shit, that's why I'm in Veeky Forums.
I will stay tuned to see if the novels and stuff improve, but for the moment I Liked Tharkin, the other put me off or I didn't end them.

Because I asked a simple question, and one user tried to change the subject, and the other decided to be facetious and hide their answer behind a spoiler.

So it would look bright white to everyone except the Kaminoan? And it would be purple to her?

You're welcome. I value independent thought over spoonfeeding information.
>I'm from the firm conviction than you can get diamonds out of shit, that's why I'm in Veeky Forums.
Are you me?
See, you don't have that problem if you use google or your own knowledge ;^)

> ;^)
Go back to Gaia Online please.

Twice even... and of course they're both a little different just to fuck with us.
But yes, she's an odd bird to have in the rpg due to it having very little time anywhere except in one vid game and a couple of books.

>quantity
That's sort of what's made it hard, I'm interested in running games in the post endor era, but fuck my life there's nothing to really lay much of a solid foundation on. The novels are ok, but that's a lot of reading (time) and there's nothing in rpg books to cover details (even more time), essentially a lot of kicking shit up hill to get anywhere near comfortable with the setting

also, new O66 podcast is out

How would she make an ultraviolet saber?
You could probably bullshit that whatever tech let the Kaminoans recolor their dwellings could be downsized into a lightsaber lens, but the kyber crystal would have to be white, which only comes from a "healed" synthetic red crystal IIRC.

Ok, here's something that might swing some people around. Mark Hamill dropped a spoiler about a scene with Laura Dern that got deleted in TLJ and his hopes that it would be included in the Extras on the DVD/BlueRay release.

Can whatever this scene is swing Holdo from Complete Ice Bitch to, maybe not likable, but at least understandable?

It would look white to everyone who can't see in the UV spectrum. I bet there's a bunch of species who can though.
We can't tell how it would look to the Kaminoan though. It could be a number of different hues in the UV spectrum which don't look like any color we know.

Most likely yes.

Jedi OH&S will be on your arse for giving everyone welder-burn

That could be fun. I get to make up a color that can't be described in any way that a human could comprehend.

>lightsaber nunchucks
That's actually super dope. Much cooler and practical than the garbo lightwhip.

>Twice even.

Really? I know the one from Stay on Target, and the Star Wars RPG Index doesn't give another source; what book was the alternate one in?

You don't understand her now?
It ain't exactly rocket science.
She performed her job, and didn't throw around top secret intel for no reason.

What part of that isn't understandable?

The only reason the Resistance took such heavy losses is because Poe couldn't follow orders, and decided to hatch a complicated scheme behind her back.

>shitting on whips
telegram for you, sir
it's from the Belmont family

They would be insanely dangerous to the user, unless you're Master Luce Bree

Onslaught at Arda was the first one, then a few months later it was in SoT

>Onslaught at Arda was the first one, then a few months later it was in SoT

Aha, gotcha. I hadn't been collecting many of the premade adventures.

What's an unconventional lightsaber style that hasn't been represented?

Light scythe? Long handle and perpendicular shoto blade at the end?

Light katar?

I need a light freighter that isn't just the not!Millennium Falcon

>What's an unconventional lightsaber style that hasn't been represented?
Lightsaber Pata

Twilight?

HWK series? Ghtroc?

The hwk is such a Mary Sue ship design. It is like someone designed it, and then was told it was a freighter instead of a fighter, and they had to make up excuses why it looked the way it did.

Considering how freighters tend to perform just like heavy fighters in Star Wars, that honestly doesn't bother me that much.

Look at the keyboard dumdum

There were those training droids in Jedi Academy but you're right, no living jedi has ever used one. Probably for a very good reason but that's never stopped the jedi order before.

Didn't Lord Nyax of the Lightsaber Knees also have sabers in the pata position?

Dual sabers, but rather than dual-wielding two identical blades, single-wielding two different blades, katana/wakizashi style.

You mean like Ahsoka?

Ashoka is dual-wielding in every picture I've ever seen of her, so no?

>the kyber crystal would have to be white, which only comes from a "healed" synthetic red crystal IIRC.
First, that's just in nucanon, which nobody gives a shit about. Second, even in nucanon, there's no evidence of that, just supposition based on a single example. We know of exactly one case where a lolhealed crystal that's previously been edgebled turned out white. It does not mean that all white sabers are created that way, or that all edgebled sabers that are coddled turn out white.

At this point, lightsabers appear ro be a contest in the most stupid design.

I don't even watch Clone Wars and even I know you're a scrub.

Etc.

Favorite starfighter? Easy, that unknown merc that shows up in Star War: Starfighter. I was obsessed with it as a kid, even built my own Lego version

That's not really a Katar. It should just be a lightdagger with a triangular grip.
Luke used his green lightsaber and a red shoto for his confrontation with Lumiya (lightwhip lady).
But I think it's a very cool and underrepresented fighting style. Reminds me of early modern European and Japanese dueling.

is sato worth a purchase in armada?
or should i stick to dodonna?

sato looks really cool, and i loved him in rebels, but im not too keen on the pelta

No, that's exactly what I meant. She wields two different blades, but always together.

I meant a one-blade style, with two different blade lengths for different situations, like a samurai.

His ability is tricky to use effectively. I would say it's probably not worth buying the Pelta if you *only* want it for Sato.

He's kinda fun when you get him to work, but it requires coordinating lots of moving pieces, and you need to bring both lots of squadrons *and* heavy-hitting ships, and you've gotta fly them tightly.

Standard lightsaber + Saberbreaker (short swordbreaker-style dagger made from Beskar/Phrik with cortosis inlays)

>opponent swings
>deflect with saberbreaker
>cortosis shorts out opponent's saber
>disarm or incapacitate opponent at will

nucannon doesn't even have the polish.

Huh, I wonder what Wookieepedia has on it...

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_mercenary_craft

Oh wow, legitimately no name for it.

Emperor Roan Fel used cortosis gauntlets to defeat and kill a Sith assassin in Legends. Great scene

Yep, literally nothing. Worked perfectly for me though since I could use it for my own PCs etc and never conflict with canon

I had forgotten about him, and I was happy. Why did you take that from me?

You'd need arms about a foot longer than a human's to have any kind of a blade that wasn't just a light-nub, but given those elongated proportions, light-nunchaku would actually be devastatingly effective.

Currently running a game where the players have just discovered an ancient Old Republic fleet floating in orbit around a moon in the Unknown Regions.

There's an Interdictor, twelve Hammerhead cruisers, ten Praetorians retrofitted as carriers and six Foray blockade runners.

How should I go about statting these up? They're planning on returning to the Rebel Alliance, who they're serving as scouts for, with the fleet.

They're old as fuck so they're probably not THAT great but they've got ~200+ snub fighters at least not to mention all the old blasters and war droids.

So one blade that changes length? Corran used that

System?

A common feature in the EU iirc. Most saber diagrams included a little knob or whatever for adjusting the blade length

Dual-phase lightsabers. My personal preferred type if only because why the fuck not have a little bit of extra versatility in case you need it.

EotE/AoR/FaD

Could it have been a time traveler? I don't know, it just seems so fucking mysterious. it looks kind of Naboo in design. We don't even know the pilot's name. What's weird though? It's got Nym's pirate's symbol on it. Out of universe, maybe it was a concept for Nym's bomber and they ended up used it for something else.

Same. I always thought it was a shame we never got more on-screen exploration of how versatile a lightsaber really is. Like the technique of turning your blade off and then back on again immediately to get past an opponent's guard

Possibly. In-universe it's kinda creepy, almost. They also apparently reused the model for a ship in Jedi Starfighter.

>Like the technique of turning your blade off and then back on again immediately to get past an opponent's guard

I'm actually not a huge fan of most interpretations of that trick (Trakata, I think it's called?), as they often forget that a lightsaber blade takes a moment to fully deactivate in most cases where we see it.