media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html
5etools.com

>5etools latest update-
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/; When was the last time your character got to use a mount that wasn't the usual horse/pony/riding dog?

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/ByWH3eEccZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does getting carried around by his flying monkey familiar count?

What race/build should I use for a rogue that I want to be the party face?
and also not be grappled and pummelled when my barbarian friend eventually betrays me

If I wanted to be an idiot, what's the highest possible AC a player could get? Including items`

Lore Bard

Anything that grants Dex and Cha.

To avoid being grappled, take expertise in Acrobatics, consider being a Halfling so you can throw Lucky dice at your barb.

I don't know about stupid builds, but I'm sitting at 19AC constantly at level 3, with a potential 20 if my team gives me the amulet of protection we just found. At level 6 it will go up another 1, and when I get platemail it will go up another 2, for a potential AC23 constantly.

Forge Clerics are fun.

>appears out of a wall behind you
>unfolds her wail
Heh... nothing personnel, level 4 adventurers

What's the most bonus dice a character could add to a single attack?

Become a living meme bb

Bladesinger with combined ac from dex and int while bladesong is active, mage armor (if you have archrobes of the magi use those obviously), bracers of defense cause you are not wearing armor, rings of prot if you really want, if you're high enough use spell mastery with shield so you have a permanent +5 AC

Shadowblade counts as a magical weapon, right?

Palarogue?

Weapon Attack(+Crit)+Sneak Attack+Smite?

Can you dual-wield shields for +10 AC?

Jesus, how high can that stack?

Go barbarogue and get expertise in athletics
Out fucking grapple him
If you want to pussy out just acrobatics expertise works

15 base +5 dex +5 int +2 rings +5 shield
Total of 32 AC

There's material related to Mahoujin GuruGuru?

Shit forgot the bracers. 33 is the final number.

Are there any DMs with experience giving out futuristic and modern firearms to their pcs? My players are currently in a structure which basically leads into a spaceship, they'll be finding an antimatter rifle with only 4 shots.
There'll be a portal to 1920s France in the spaceship, so they'll end up in a cabaret with a chance to get access revolvers.

I forgot bladesingers could do this to further stack their stupid fucking meme
REEEEEE IT GETS WORSE EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT IT
FUCK BLADESINGERS

Try swashbuckler? They've got some stuff that uses charisma, and they've got a lot of mobility. They are close up fighters though, so if you want something else maybe a mastermind.

Half elf/tabaxi/shadar-kai/drow if you don't mind sunlight sensitivity/Lightfoot halfling, swashbuckler, expertise in acrobatics and persuasion or perception

You can "dual wield" Shield, the spell, and Shield of Faith, another spell, if that's what you mean... but no, bladesingers can't use shields without losing the benefits of their bladesong

>Not including a level dip of barbarian for unarmoured defence for 20 base AC before bladesingers +5 AC before haste for +2 AC before shield spell for +5 AC before two weapon feat for +1 AC before a friendly warding bond + shield of faith for +3 AC before bracers which give +2 AC and ring+cloak of protection for another +2 AC
>40 AC
And then there's other shit like taking forge cleric levels (+1 AC), using either lizardman's defence with ultra-weak cloth armour that actually decreases your AC yet has an enchantment that increases your AC in some funky way to get +1 AC over barbarian dip, or using warforged instead for +1 AC.. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of shit.

The ridiculousness of the scenario aside, the absolute max AC in 5e is 38. Bonuses don't go past +19 (30 ability score with +9 proficiency bonus).

How are you planning on getting 20s in DEX, CON and INT with a spare ASI for a feat?

Speaking of which; favourite meme builds?

Honestly I really like anything involving fucking with Magic Missile, so nuke druid and the like.

Halfling Divination Wizard with Lucky, Bountiful Luck and Second Chance feats
also known as the DM's headache

Tabaxi or variant human.

Tabaxi gives you racial proficiency in stealth & perception.
Variant human gives you a feat.

Charlatan background for that sweet alter ego (for more face opportunities) and proficiency in deception and sleight of hand.
Swashbuckler or Inquisitive rogue.

Be this handsome devil (pic related).

>fucking with magic missile
go on....

As much as I hate it, rolling for stats is supposed to be the 'standard' ruling, so we can theoretically easily have characters with all 20s.

mfw the "standard ruling" is about as relevant as challenge rating

>1920s France

Revolvers deal 2d8 damage. At that point in history, the Colt M1911 has been created and popularized. It's what most people think of when they envision the first "modern" handgun, which apparently does 2d6 damage instead, despite firing the same caliber as the Single Action Army revolver.

As fun as it sounds to give your players equivalent to Flesh Golem slam damage output, it's actually really hard to threaten them without making every encounter a super-deadly one. Just let them have greatsword damage at range and they'll be pleased as punch.

use the critical role gunslinger stats

Revolvers are weaker than appropriately feated hand crossbows.

which page is this?Gonna bookmark this for future reerence

please advice for devotion paladin decision.
cant decide if i should take feat(heavy armor master) to even out my str , or take ASI to even out str and con

Fighter 2/warlock 2/sorcerer x, all spell slots into sorcery points except for a few you save for hex, so you can quicken eldritch blast every turn. Eventually you nova for 12d10+12d6+60 on an action surge, before falling back to a mere 8d10+8d6+40 per turn

Nuclear druid abuses the fact that magic missile rolls damage once and uses that damage for each missile. You need 1 level in Arcana Cleric for MM, then Twilight Druid (UA) for the rest (unless you want to max it out with action surge and stuff).

Harvest's Scythe lets you add d10s to damage rolls. You can nuke an enemy with an average of 500 damage or so at max levels.

Where does it state that each dart rolls the same damage?

You can push it further with a Grave Cleric buddy

Therein lies the trouble with nuclear druid. RAW, it could go either way, and there's a Sage Advice where Crawford says it works that way.

But really to make it work, you need a ruling from your DM, and no DM in their right mind is going to let it happen when they see what you have in mind.

Not him, but which is it?

Does anyone who uses The Homebrewery know how to fix this weird table spacing issue? It's got the "d10" and "Quirks" repeating itself for some strange reason and is messing with the format.

It does not show up on the share page or editing page. It only seems to show up on PDFs.

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/ByWH3eEccZ

Never, cause I DM, but I did give my Cavalier player a Riding Wyvern after his beloved Warhorse died.

Is there anything stopping you from using Wading Bond on yourself? It's a touch spell where the target has to be a willing creature. You'd just have to wear both rings right?

Eh. In the hands of a proficient user, instead of the hands that are backed with feats that support it, the revolver is deadlier.

As far as I know, there are no feats that boost a revolver's damage, attack bonus, or anything of the sort.

Clicking on source on the share page, shows a wonky formatted quirks table

Try adding the | after the quirk and putting them back on the same lines as option 1,2,3,4,5

>| d10 | Quirk |
>|:-:|:--|
>| 1 | You feel naked without your bonded weapon on your person. |

I changed the format of the Quirks table and put them on the same lines and still no luck.

Heat metal is an interesting spell. I've seen tons of dms lose their shit over it being applied RAW to things like amulets instead of armor.

Is there a spell that inspires more abject dm horror than heat metal?

Tabaxi are easily the best race in all of D&D

But user-kun, that's not how you spell Kenku

Wish.

how would you play a warlock who has gone mad, i was thinking of going GOO with cthulhu as a patron but im not sure what after that

Pick a defining characteristic that doesn't help him. Like, he can only use whips, or refuses to sleep until his collapses, or won't sleep outside, or something.

I believe both of you must have had a stroke as typing because it's really hard to misspell kobold so badly you land at tabaxi or kenku.

Have any of you being on quests to underdark or realm space? Would love to hear your experiences!

There's a whole module that takes place in the Underdark. Out of the Abyss.

How does adjusted exp work when it comes to monsters? Is it just to represent difficulty?

FOG

>want to run a one-shot in the Oglaf setting
>don't want to do it for magical realm reasons but just know it'll come across that way

this is actually among the more balanced homebrews I seen, good job

mein negger

Thank you, user!

What do autistic dms reeeeeeee about with fog cloud?

>those gay ass shakespeare shorts
No thanks

this one

is it me or do Aarakocra seem really unbalanced?
so do they get access to 50ft flying movement right off the bat? are there any conditions or restrictions for this?

I'll give it a try
rude

My players just landed their boat on an island of kobolds. I want to make it like Vietnam. How do I effectively run koboldnam?

Nope

Traps, Attacking from just out of range, traps, make use of poisons and disease (if they actually still matter to your players), traps, many night ambushes, traps, traps within traps, traps

>so do they get access to 50ft flying movement right off the bat? are there any conditions or restrictions for this?
They can't wear Medium or Heavy armor. Also this is non-magical flight so you can still knock them out of the air.

There is persistent Oglaf setting?

user if you're still there. I did some looking and the vertical spacers were causing bugs.

Here's a fixed first page, and the code on second page for implementing in your homebrewery.

Yeah, they better watch out for a pesky flying eagle totem barbarian going to grapple them.

Monks can dodge as a bonus action, so could I use patient defence and then ready my attack action for when my enemy acts?

How did you do that? I'm trying to copy and paste the code, but the format is still messing up.

Daily reminder that there are people in this thread who think you can't grapple flying creatures while airborne.

>tfw have first session in weeks and it end after a couple hours
Left feeling unsatisfied tbqhfam

What do I do now for the rest of the week?

be like me and theorycraft for the next month waiting till people stop going on fucking vacatio

Play multiple games at once, one for each day of the week.

Do we have an unearthed arcana coming today?

How do you guys make a ruling for an Abjurer's Arcane Ward in this situation?
>Hit with Fireball, cast Absorb Elements:
1. ward gains HP then immediately loses that HP to Fireball damage, or
2. Wizard takes all the damage from the Fireball, ward keeps the HP gained.

There was some bug with the vertical spacers, so I combined a wide block with a vertical spacer for the header image.

Nevermind I'm dumb, the straight copy pasting was not copying the spaces between the images and the divider.

Your a lifesaver user thank you!

You're talking multiple monsters multiplier? Yes. It's about not tpking because 12 kobolds hitting in one initiative order. I do multiple monster group inits though and it seems off, braking up monster groups mitigates the 1 round damage sometimes.

Hahahhahahahhahahah. Nope. January 1st was a holiday so meals and crawful get the whole month off.

What are some spells that cause darkness/dim light in order for me to proc advantage when using shadowblade? Not very high level so preferably lvl 1/2 spell slots

Look up diagrams of the foxholes the guerrillas in Vietnam used. That shit is terrifying. Now imagine if they were shorter, better at digging, more at home underground, and had a natural affinity for mazes/warrens.

>A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a point you choose within range
Since the caster targets "a point" and not a creature, I'm not sure it's possible RAW for a creature to be hit by the fireball itself.
Ergo, the only hit the creature takes would be from the splash damage, which means there's only one instance of damage you need to worry about absorbing with Absorb Elements.

Yeah, every comic takes place in the same setting.

No probs. Glad to help.
Homebrewery can be fiddly at times.

Also if i may suggest add the snippet below to the style of your last image (it'll give you a better transparency than multiply).

mix-blend-mode:darken;

Kobolds are great.

Playing 7th level Barbarian. Should I take GWM or get another +2 to STR bringing it to 20 on the next level?

Tunnels they have to squeeze in.

I'm running a hall with spikes on one side spike deep depressions on the other. Party comes through and all they focus on is the spikes, how do they trigger, do they come out etc.

The depressions are actually a thin veneer evidenced by rubble on the floor and when the party come back through lit barrels get rolled down step ramps breaking the veneers and bursting the oil barrel on the spikes. Actual kobolds up the ramps which will crack a barrel on the ramps and light it if the party tries to come up.

Although now that I type that you should let the party call in airship drips of flaming oil barrels to simulate napalm

Volo's guide is helpful cause of their section explicity on kobolds

Make the environment hostile to things larger than kobolds. Make anyone without inside knowledge of the layouts and pathways be subject to trap, etc. Make players have to try and actual smarts their way through otherwise they'll be hit by traps so many times they can't survive getting through a single room

It's worth any money?

For a Barb I'd go GWM since you have Reckless attack. It's a bit worse if you're Frenzy barb though because you already have a bonus action attack meaning the cleave feature is wasted in a frenzied rage, but it's great for any barbarian in a regular rage.

What are some good items to have on hand to cast Tiny Servant on?