Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/:

5 ways to play Legion of Xenos Edition

Discussion: Why are Xenos so fucking shit?

>Warhammer Community
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/dark-gods-rise-new-pre-orders/

>Daily Painting Video
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Grey Stone Buildings. (embed)

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and Such
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NZ3tsxAdWoc
youtube.com/watch?v=Hxjofn2bYE8&t=78s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for crons

>Why are xeno's shit
>Eldar literally just topped a tournamet

Battle maids when?!

How well can your army deal with Lord of Skulls being deepstruck 9" away from you, anons?

Exceptions confirm the rule etc

They seem to just be making rules that sound cool or seem fluffy but don't bother to see how they interact. Like, I can appreciate the dedication to making stuff fluffy but goddamn at least have your play testers try and break this shit so it can be dealt with beforehand instead of just going "yep, sounds cool." or "Yep, this weapon sounds strong, it couldn't possibly be inferior to a generic relic".

The rules aren't shit, their minis are

Deepstruck 9'' from my scout sentinels which are 10'' from my full deployment zone? And my ratlings? You'd struggle to put it outside your own deployment desu.

>failcast dominate the range
at this point just give them their metal models back if you're gonna do nothing about them geedubs

Idk can it handle 12 rupture cannon shots , 24 impaler cannon shots, and 160 rending claws?

anybody played krieggers (with FW rules) or knows someone who did? What were your experiences, lists, whatnot? Just trying to scrounge for info, youtube doesn't have a battle report with krieggers' rules in recent times

How good is the SC box for nids in terms of dud units? I've heard genestealers are great but what about the other stuff? also the description say the box makes a trygon, but i assume that also means it has the right components to make a prime?

I do not know. Can he survive 30+ meltas At close range?

found one posted on december 15. i haven't watched it so i can't confirm the quality but it seems okay.
youtube.com/watch?v=NZ3tsxAdWoc

I don't know can he survive 50 mortal wounds and 30 bright lances

The sc! Is pretty good, getting two isnt a bad choice. Genestealers are among the best troops in the game, broodlords only make them better, and trygon/prime lets them get close faster, all in all a great start collecting

No, Crons are both

I hope the new custodes get the war gear out of 30k that fucked over deep strikers. Deep striking demon primarchs is fucking ridiculous.

I'm not sure can he take 200 Chaff units that mortal wound melee rolls on 3s?

Infantry squads in guard are very competitive.
Krieger infantry pay one point for krak grenades, ws3+ and immune to shooting morale.

Krieg is quite good. Death riders are very very point efficient as well. I use them with command to outflank. 14 death riders outflanking into your enemy spawn for 228 points is tasty.

>Don't worry Necrons. The reason you didn't get any point adjustments in chapter approved is because your Codex is coming out real soon.

MFW I get NecrOwned...

*blocks your path*

Necron minis are 90% plastic, and were all created this millenium.

>Brimstones are bad now that they have a 6++ save
>takes Horrors from CSM instead

*greets you in npc-ish*

>that means their minis aren't shit

I know that feel brother

I play GK, having someone do this is literally the only chance I have at winning

Laugh, because he's from one of two NPC factions that GW is in the process of squatting.

wait why? Are they not 6++?

>playing skeletons in space
>expecting good miniatures

are you retarded

>tau
>squatted

not even a taufag, but you're dense as fuck if you truly believe that

What are the chances that the even though the Thousand Sons aren't getting new models besides the AoS ports we may get new unit choices or options? I'd love to be able to have the Exalted Sorcerer be able to take something other than a staff.

I keep walking, he's in a stealth suit and I can't see him

I've begun assembling a DKoK army, but I haven't played it yet. Recently, though, I played with my BAs against someone who had a DKoK army and won.
Things to remember :
>Towed artillery is not that great, even though it looks cool. Avoid Quad Guns.
>Cavalry on the other hand is neat.
>A small Grenadier squad with a pair of meltaguns in a Centaur can do a whole lot of damage.

This batrep has a decieving title. These are DKoK minis, but they're played with IG Codex rules, not FW Index rules, so no cult of sacrifice, no unique units, etc.

yeah well it's not like GW will give you better looking minis if they update the range.

If anything they'll add even more egypt shit.

Taken straight from the CSM Codex

>gets a full rework of range in plastic and resin except for most basic of basic troops
wow so hard done by.

They are nice plastic kits sure the monolith need a rework due to shitty joints, but the rest of the range is pretty good.

Wonder if that will be faqd to be 6++. Hopefully

Tau are the 2nd most played army in America. If GW keep any of the xenos armies it will be those commie fish fucks.

Expect FAQs to modfy all deamons to be complinet with new deamon codex

shit, i might just take them seriously then for that point value. I guess you run rider veterans with a squad of 10 riders?

Would you object to using a Mortarch steed as a transcendent c'tan?

>based banana army soon
>faggy NPCs getting the shaft
>chaoscucks btfo
>/Our Emperor/ Soon
>Dorn soon
>Best boy Sanguinius soon
>tfw enemies of mankind to be btfo for good soon

low, but gw is giving hints of new units by adding in artwork and some armies are getting lieutenants as seen from daemons/blood/dark/vanilla/chaos

ah well that's a shame, sorry user.

YOU CANNOT STOP FATE

Including daemons in non-daemon codexes was a mistake

>>Towed artillery is not that great, even though it looks cool. Avoid Quad Guns.

I figured, seeing as they're BS4 and they have to be manned by a crew.

>>Cavalry on the other hand is neat.

Saw that other user's post, will definitely check it out

>>A small Grenadier squad with a pair of meltaguns in a Centaur can do a whole lot of damage.

This is something I was really considering, seeing as DKOK can't take scions for deep striking

>say mini's are not shit
>get proven wrong
>say mini's are shit and we should like it

>we now have Codex entries overriding other Codex entries while still allowing non-codex index options and requiring FAQs for rules and CA for points

Dare I say that this is the most playtested and simplified edition yet?

>I know that feel brother

I'm glad I'm not suffering alone.

Did you paint all of your remaining models, in the hope that the Codex would be out by the time you finished?

I'm avoiding games right now, because it's zero fun to play Necrons in 8th at the moment.

>the fate of 40k is to succumb to AoS cancer

fuck herohammer

>have to keep buying new books for nerfs to my dudes
Ultimate cuckint

Pffft amature.
Not using that strat on Morty, deep striking a Terminator sorcerer lord 9 inches away, bring Morty in right next to him. Warptime him over your oponants screening unit, charge into the back lines

It's not a problem with how old the minis are, it's about the aesthetics GW has chosen for them. You picked them knowing necrons look like that.

>Tzaangors
>AoS

this

>tfw enemies of mankind to be btfo for good soon
So what then? the war will be over so no more game

Unless..... Imperium Civil War II: Electric Boogaloo

>Best boy Sanguinius soon
Hope they pull
"Stasis tube"

>wartime him over screening units
>laughs in kronos

Imagine the fucking caw'ing from these guys

So with all the bitching about Tyranids being an overpowered army with better options in every phase than eberyone else and no weaknesses or counters, where are there tournament results? It's been months since the codex came out.

I mean I don't have an issue with them like that other user does, my main complaints is that their mini's are annoying as hell to build at times and that I want plastic flayed ones and C'tan.

>Grenadier squad with a pair of meltaguns

Wait i have the FW index from the OP and there's been an errata with grenadiers, the sarge can change his chainsword/laspistol combo but the grenadiers are take hotshot, or form a Grenadier Heavy Weapon Team with a heavy flamer... am i reading this wrong?

thanks user! also just curious of the 2 gant types, which is better this edition? even though genestealers are so good i still wanna field a some (like 20) just for the look of the swarm, and to have them run up with the trygon prime.

>the war will be over so no more game
I hope this happens. Fucking game is terrible.

Negative. Command squad, 2 squads of 5 death riders.

5 riders is annoying to allocate resources to, but its 10 t4 4+ save wounds with a 5+++. They are survivable and fast and with 4 attacks and lances can clean up a deployment zone just fine.

The other gold unit is combat engineers.

The shotguns do absolutely silly damage, and they can also have double melta, heavy flamer and demo charge on top. Devastating but without any ability to reroll 1's to hit the squad will take casualties if you overheat those shotguns though. They -will- fuck something badly when they do though.

The Grenadiers can indeed form a heavy flamer team, but the squad can take two special weapons. If you rally like xenos bbq, you can take a pair of flamers, plus a heavy flamer team.

Am I the only faggot that wishes more kits had an easy to build option cause thats the part I hate the most. Some of these kits take so fucking long to build.

So when are better beastmen getting support?

>Tzaangors
>AoS cancer
user...

>be sorcerer of the Thousand Sons
>in battle, trying to channel the warp against the armies of the imperium
>can't focus because all the birds that other sorcerer decided to bring along are screeching so much

oh shit yeah just re-read it, that is very nice, I've heard FW's grenadier mold is very old, so I'll have to check elsewhere

Gaunts are mostly used in three situations

1. 2-3 min squads of fleshborers to use as deep strike denial

2. 30 devilgaunts coming up in a trygon tunnel to try to mulch some chaff and let the trygon charge the important stuff

3. 30 hormagants getting slingshottwd by a swarmlord to the up the enemies tank line for the entire game with their 6" pile in and consolidate

Gaunts of all kinds have uses, but I find myself using termigants as deepstrike denial more than anything else

i imagine it sounds like this at 1:07

youtube.com/watch?v=Hxjofn2bYE8&t=78s

>engineers

I did this vs a whitescar vet bike spam army

>2 elysian vultures in deepstrike
>inside them is a total of 22 engineers over 3 units, yarrick and a marshal

>deepstrike valks and gravchute everyone out

>go to another sorcerer for advice
>he just starts screeching too
>ishouldhavepickedslaanesh.jpg

Which one is the best color scheme?

and hooting too

WHERE did this Dorn rumor come from? I keep seeing people say it!

...cont because i accidentally posted

>spend 1 cp to give marshal 3 orders, order all engineers to reroll 1s to wound
>44 gets hot shotgun shots hitting on 3+ rerolling 1s, wounding on 2+ rerolling 1s into bikers with T5 2w 3+ 3++
>lose 2 engineers to gets hot, 38 hits, 34 wounds, kill 7 bikers and follow up with my manticores and basilisks in the back

you could always play an older edition user.

left for squaddies, middle for sarge

Its was to be expected DESU. iif the new demon dex was stritjacketed by the older stuff, that would be shit af

No like everything is terrible from minis to rules i hope it all just fucking burns.

do they have a single red hand because they're only allowed to use one to untie a noose as part of their initiation ritual?

Because everyone wants a dorn.

>free faq
>buying a new book
The absolute state of cuckposters

literally crow-people, basically skaven but dumber.

mfw Yarrick, Venner and 30 Combat Engineers in a Crassus Armored Assault Vehicle

christ i knew engi's were the shit, but their carcass shot seems so good, will give them a look

What forces you to stay, good user?

Dorns a gay-ass brain dead pussy nigger, who never did anything of note
t. Alpharius

is the tzaangor shaman a HQ or what

My love for you user

no