/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

Circle of Spores Edition

>Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>Trove rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html 5etools.com
>5etools latest update- mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/archetypes/paizo-witch-archetypes/winter-witch/
d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/winter-witch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no thread question
>almost everything is greentext

You done goofed user.

>The Brute
So uninspired. No reason not to keep playing BM.

First for "Arcanomechanical Armor should have been an Artificer feature, and Reckless/Alchemical Casting should have been under a new Sorcerer subclass."

Reckless casting shouldn't've been a NEW bloodline just a replacement for that fucking wild magic table.

Would be nice if they did an Underdark campaign book.

Retarded user is retarded but at least we got a poppin new UA to jerk each other off about

Pretty much, but keeping Artificer as an arcane tradition would also be nice. Just add more focus on magic as invention.

>You can now make a TLoU style army of spore zombies

Is giving us an alchemist full class so hard wotc? Paizo did it.

Don't you think one is enough?

I typically don't like multiclassing, but my character has recently started communicating with one of the deities in our DM's pantheon pretty regularly.

He's a 9th level fighter (battle master), and i'm thinking of dipping into war domain cleric because i'm sitting @ 16 WIS and it seems fitting based on the current story. I know next to nothing when it comes to multiclassing, i've literally only done it in oneshots and shit, is this worthwhile for a long campaign?

I was honestly surprised this didn't have a "one at a time" clause

That was just an adventure.

I mean more as a guide to running games in the underdark. Focus on the races, the classes and such.

Is it worth? No. Not mechanically. But don't let that get in the way of a good story. If it fits the lore it fits the lore.

You could try the zealot barbarian instead to keep your character really fighty/not add spellcasting to the mix.

But user, I don't have nearly enough Les Claypool for a game like that.

So how do you interpret Warlocks spellcasting? Do they draw the energy used to fuel the spell from their patron or is it more them directly implanting how to cast and use the spell into your head?

That wine cap sprite looks like familiar material.

Convince me how warlocks can even compare to wizards?
And don't even joke about invocations just shitty feats.

I suggest you get to 11 level for that third attack. That is significant power leap that multiclassed character would miss. You don't want that.

Taking levels of cleric might be work fine - having Bless or Healing Word when your primary healer is down is golden.

Of course, if it is reasonable to expect you will get to 20, you might want to save yourself for capstone.

Replace robot dog with Arcanomechanical Armor, scale it up to Medium at higher levels, now you have a cool Iron Man artificer archetype.

Depends on the patron but i'd say it's more of a gift than a loan.

>Convince me how warlocks can even compare to wizards?
They can't, they are different. Just like it should be.

Wizards have awesome nova, warlocks have better sustain (similarly to martials).

I should note that the deity is the Red Knight.

I figured it wouldn't be ideal, but I have a good amount of WIS and I figured it might be useful here and there. I like the Barb angle too, but I don't know that many Barbs would follow the deity.

It is reasonable that we're going to get to 20+ our DM told us early on that he plans on getting to epic content and hitting 'at least 20th level', which I didn't pay much mind to when we first started but he's been a great DM and this is the best game i've ever been a part of, so I have reason to believe we'll hit 20.

More damage, both in burst and sustain

I like the spore druid, but the other two suck.

The brute is just a boring barbarian-lite, and the wizard would be much better as a sorcerer bloodline, but right now it's just a combination of forge cleric and articifer.

Taking War Cleric after level 11 lets you get a 4th attack (admittedly only a few times a day) way before the Fighter capstone. Both fighters in my party multiclassed (tank with Wizard, archer with Rogue) and they're both still definitely strong at their roles with more utility than before.

Brute is the best Fighter Archetype now

say that to the samur- hahaha just jokin'

Brute isn't bad, it's just even more boring then the champion. Though I'm happy to adapt this into some bandits for my campaign.

Spore Druid is cool, I like it. The zombie feature is DM dependant, since they need to choose to suicide against the spore damage. Though they eventully get the distant spore thing, so I guess it's not that bad.

Invention wizard is gay. The wild casting thing should be how wild magic sorcerer works

Warlocks are just fighters with bows in disguise.

>but I don't know that many Barbs would follow the deity.
>I should note that the deity is the Red Knight.

Yeah I see the issue lol. Knowledge Domain might be a good fit too. You're trading combat effectiveness for a utility, but an 11th level fighter is pretty fucking effective already

>The zombie deature is DM dependant

Wut?

It's literally whenever the 3/6/9/12 damage is the killing blow on an enemy.

>now
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Tell me your house rules right now /5eg/!

Does anyone have the Veeky Forums class character sheets? I seem to be missing the one for sorcerer

Well mainly I want them to be full casters.

It just sucks that they don't get access to cantrips or spells over 5th level.
Nothing like an alchemist drinking a potion form of Tenser's Transformation and turning themselves into a Mr Hyde-style figure.

>invocations just shitty feats

Darkness+Devil's Sight will never be shitty user

>ywn get a true debuffer Witch type class

1 combat feat 1 non combat feat period. Everyone seems pretty happy with their power level as a result/no one is standing head and shoulders above the rest.

No CG drow rangers

>ywn your DM doesn't let you use that 7th luck of the day

I have guns that work off magic crystals instead of ammo, that don't deal magic damage. 2d6 piercing damage is generally their power, but they need to be wielded 2-handed to avoid an attack penalty.

Also I had a concept for ship combat but it's feeling pretty boring when it happens so I think I'll scrap it.

Has anyone tried samurai since XGE came out? Is there anything about it that's better in practice than on paper?

When was the last time you saw a damage number that small get a killing blow? Even then, it's limited to humanoids only

Predictions:
>Sam and Travis are still fucking kings
>Liam finds a way to make his class edgy regardless of what it is
>Marisha still doesn't know the rules and annoys the shit out of the fans
>Laura gets the most faps but is otherwise entirely forgettable
>Taliesin just ends up playing Percival as another class
>Ashley makes her token appearances and drags the whole show to a grinding halt every 45 minutes
>Matt is still a great DM in between crying like a babby over not being able to navigate the 4,500,000 rules of SJWland

But fuck me I'll probably still end up watching.

Nurgle druids?

Hey guys, know any good adventure hooks on in the elemental plane of water besides Xanther stuff? Like little side hook adventures. Party is doing some tasks before setting off for the dreaded Isle as the final Hexcrawl of doom and leg of their adventure.

True. But the reasoning "the DM needs to choose to suicide against the spore damage" presented here is bogus.

>Matt is still a great DM in between crying like a babby over not being able to navigate the 4,500,000 rules of SJWland

The hell? I thought the tumblr crowd loved him?
I'm into weeb games so he's a good dude in my book either way though

so do you roll two brute die when you crit?

What do you think about it balance-wise? Poison is a pretty shit form of damage but that's still A LOT of shitty damage

Circle of spores is kick ass but the wild shape is disappointing. It really should have been a form with some utility or an extra list of creatures to turn into. Also, no sleep on the list???

The party needs to fetch a magical pearl of doing something from a marid ranker, maybe even the padishah of marids? Go rough up Olhydra (is she still sitting in the Plane of Water?) if they're hard enough?

Yes.

Yup. No different in function than the additional dice added when a paladin decides to smite.

30 point buy, get snag a 16 for 11 points.
Warlocks are INT casters (as it should be).
Players get a free feat at the start of the campaign. I exclude things like PAM, Lucky, CBE, SS and GWM. They can grab those at level 4. We start at level 3, so it's not a long wait.
No Varient humans. Humans get their normal +1s, as well as 3 free skills and a tool proficiency
I also let players use Revised Ranger

>No sleep
Yeah this pissed me off

Generally, yes, but they can find fault in anything. Matt just wants everyone to love him, so he cries if he inadvertently offends anyone for even the smallest reason. He should really be more like his wife and just tell people to get bent. Better yet, he needs to take a page out of Brian's book and actively call people out for being shitty stupid cunts in between the mad bantz and ripping on everything in sight.

The worst bit of the Circle of Spores druid is the time travel.

+Fighter level damage after you get to level 15

seems like a slightly better champion, but it's not interesting enough to be needed

>Warlocks are INT casters
>Having high INT and being dumb enough to make a pact with a devil
No

Yeah, it was really unwise of them.

Someone else read the three subclasses as
>Golgari
>Gruul
>Izzet
???

It's the old INT vs WIS thing. INT tells you you can make a pact with a thing with too many eyes and tentacles or a devil for power, WIS tells you that this is a bad fucking idea.

What did he mean by this?

INT=/=WIS
Intelligence is the knowlage to know how to make a pact with the being
WIS is knowing that's a bad idea

When you take circle of spores, at first level you get the chill touch cantrip.

You can't take circle of spores until second level.

Kek this is great

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...there IS an Underdark campaign book.

It's called Out of the Abyss.

Seems solid. I definetly agree with the Warlock change.

I always saw that as more of an extended adventure.

OotA is an adventure module not a campaign setting.

i feel bad for your fighters desu

They only have 1 HP, and only last for 1 hour.

A dip in War Cleric can be quite potent for a martial if you have your bonus action free for it's extra attack and you can buff yourself with Shield of Faith or pick people up with healing word. I would say it's quite worth it, though be careful about when you take the level so you don't delay a feature you really need.

Pathfinder has one and is actually fun, contrary to expectations.

I think they keep forgetting they're mad at him because he has nice hair and is generally a decent looking guy.

That's mean to fighters. Hell, I even give out some 4e martial abilities to martials because they are so much weaker then competent casters.

Who did they make Brute for? Is there really anyone out there asking for a Fighter subclass with literally no features that expand your options? The only thing this class can do is "I hit the thing real hard."
And seconding the opinion that Reckless Casting is just a slap in the face of Sorcerers. The Druid is ok I guess.

No lesbian PCs.

How can we fix sorcerors lads? WotC hates them even more then Martials

>Who did they make Brute for?
I keep asking that myself. My best guess is they are trying to make Champion Revised, but Brute just seems so much better (if mostly for the save bonus).

On the other hand - what other archetypes do we still need to add to the game?

in my homebrew campaign i just let the sorcerer do the spell point variant

Put them out of their misery desu

>Pathfinder has a Witch
>d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/archetypes/paizo-witch-archetypes/winter-witch/
>d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/winter-witch/
I love how well they were thinking through names for different and varied flavors

The bonus to saves isn't bad, especially with indomitable.

Plus PAM/GWM or CBE/SS abuse makes it pretty fucking good

That's a Varient? I thought that was just a Sorcerer rule lol? Without that they are mega shit

That doesn't really make them more powerful. You could try ramping their sorcery points way way up so they can use metamagic as frivolously as in the good old days

Every class that uses a mental ability score for spellcasting or setting DCs has an alternate ability score that the player can choose to use instead when they first take the class.

So you can have Intelligence rangers based more on studying and tracking the habits of creatures, Charisma clerics that allow you to play more with sermonizing and evangelism, Wisdom sorcerers based more on intuition than force of personality, and so on.

Not Sorcerer Points, Spell Points. It is an alternative to spell slots.

Basically what I did was combine their Spell and Sorcerer Point pools. It isn't the perfect be all end all solution, but it has been fine at our table.

That seems cool. Doesn't that lead to multiclassing abuse? (We already have sorlocks, sorcadins and shit, i don't want to imagine having those problems with wizards in the mix.)

PH pg 100 we see they normally have spell slots
DMG pg 288 we see the "spell point" variant spelled out and usable by all casters

They just want to live simple lives, like plants.

Those are actually meant to be taken together iirc. The one requires features of the other.

thanks anons.