/swg/ High Impact Space Violence Edition

No longer canon: Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ (embed)
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png (embed)
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG (embed)
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Legion battlefield setup preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/5/battlefield-recon/

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/
Armada Chimaera Imperial Star Destroyer preview:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/8/chimaera/

Armada's wave 7 was updated to on the boat, and Veers/Snowtroopers for Legion are at the printer. Release date predictions? When will we see the Rebellion's Legion wave 1 announcement?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
theriver.jp/tlj-review
youtube.com/watch?v=iVY2MIy8xU0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kreia was right

What do you guys think. Better version of the crossguard saber?

Would this be mechanically different from the standard ffg crossguard saber?

The Jedi of the prequels were SUPPOSED to be cold and emotionless. They were flawed, overly rigid and obeyed obsolete rules.
Anakin didn't just fall to the dark side because Sheev manipulated him. The Jedi order abused him emotionally for years by taking him from his mother, teaching him to grow cold and distant from his own emotions, and denying him any kind of personal closeness and warmth.

The Jedi weren't badly written protagonists; they were excellently written antagonists, or at least factors contributing to the catastrophe, that is, the downfall of Anakin Skywalker.

Looks more functional but less scary than Kylo's saber.
So is EotE still the best of the new RPGs? How hard is it to have a decent Force-sensitive character build, or conversely, to play a non-Jedi in F&D?

We wouldn't have Star Wars if Kreia had won. From an in-universe perspective though yeah, she was right.
2015 wants its image back. Kylo Ren never wielded a cross-guarded lightsaber; it's just a saber with scary side-blades and the emitters are lightsaber-resistant.

Rian Johnson's trilogy is about Quinlan Vos.

The Jedi represented a 'kind-of' religious traditionalism. They wanted to restrict all sorts of human experiences, for the 'greater good'. Not for everyone, just for themselves, but with the unspoken reason being that they were 'better and knew best'.

The problem being, just like the real world, eventually some crazy person among your group is going to snap under the pressure of your non-consensual stripping of human experiences.

>Looks more functional but less scary than Kylo's saber.

Which I think takes away 90% of the reason Kylo made it. It likely took a lot of talking by Snoke to convince Kylo not to make a saberscythe or something.

Are we suppose to believe Kylo's is a crossguard. Seems more like it's a shitty lightsaber made by the supreme fuckup and edgy schoolshooter that he is. Even the blade looks fucked up.

I wonder if he ever thought about doing pic related.

I do like that snoke actually dissaproves of his more childish elements
"For the love of the force have some fucking dignity kid!"

Not even Ben is that edgy.

They are vents to stabilize it because it uses a cracked crystal

/swg/ bingo chart when

Seems like it's more evidence that it's built that way because he couldn't get a proper red lightsaber working.

It's been around for a while.

Not only that. Even the most successful and well-adjusted members of the order suffered under their own rules and failed to sense, find, and combat an obvious evil growing right under their nose because of their rusty old dogma.
Luke in the OT was the most successful when he disobeyed his masters' orders. And he wasn't successful despite this; he was successful BECAUSE of this. He kept his personality, his good intentions and his creativity and managed to achieve the unbelievable feat of turning a Sith lord back to the light instead of just killing him.

Assuming it's using the [stupid] bleeding method of new canon Kylo likely bungled it up on his own lightsaber due to hoe overly turbulent his emotions, sith may draw upon their emotions more heavily but they still have to focus them to a point. Kylo probably overloaded it, making it powerfule but unstable, much like himself

That Force Awakens SNL skit brought that up, too.
>"Hey look I got Kylo Ren's lightsaber, looks pretty cool right"
>"No dude it looks really poorly made and dangerous"

>Luke in the OT was the most successful when he disobeyed his masters' orders
right

>most successful when he disobeyed
He got his hand cut off when he disobeyed Yoda. Also, only Obi-Wan implied that Luke should kill Vader instead of try to redeem him, Yoda never brought it up.

Jedi in either canon suffered hard from "king of the hill" syndrome, top of the mountain they grow complacent in their perceived lack of need to adapt

victory had defeated them

Is it weird that i kinda want the snl skit to be canon?

Did the vong have any combat stealth tech? Like not the *we look like you* stuff but making ones self less visible, I want first encounter with a warrior to feel like fighting the predator

Since Kylo's quillons are vents for the plasma, your blade wouldn't go through them even if you hit the metal part.

Might cause the shitty thing to explode and kill you both, though.

>Might cause the shitty thing to explode and kill you both, though.
THEN YOU WON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT IT ANYMORE!

If that means we get Asajj back then maybe it won't be all awful.
Who am I kidding, he'd find some way to ruin her.

It would be hard to ruin her worse than Dark Disciple already did. God fucking DAMMIT, Vos, you fuckwit.

Gonna give us a source, user?

His ass. They haven't mentioned what Rian Johnson's trilogy is, other than to say it's going to be about things that haven't been explored in Star Wars before.

And Vos has had quite a bit of content in Legends.

DARK

GREETINGS

reposting in fresh bread

>and it's never happened on screen.

Huh, wasn't it (dual-phase lightsabers) supposed to explain some SFX weirdness in the ANH lightsaber duel?

Why is TCW series such a clusterfuck when it comes to "timeline"
Why did the events from the last episode in season 1 never continued until season 3?
Why do characters deaths appear in one season yet you see them 2 seasons later?
Except for that the show is pretty great but that really grinds me gears

it was weird, but there's an episodes in chronological order guide out there

In Legends even Krayt's Third Purge doesn't fully get rid of them. Sorry but Luke and his NJO were GOAT by removing the autism of the Old Order. Prequel Jedi were failures, this was Lucas' point.

starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
You're welcome
Yoda told him that his last trial before becoming a Jedi master would be to fight Vader.
If Luke hadn't first faced Vader on Bespin, wedon't know if his masters ever had told him that he was his father. His friends would have been killed or imprisoned by the Empire and Vader would never have been redeemed.
Yeah

Individual arcs were told as vignettes. Stories ripped from the war. It wasn't really meant to be linear because it didn't have to be, though as seasons progressed it did indeed become increasingly linear.

I'm planning on running a Force and Destiny game and I am interested how quickly should you give your players lightsabers?

Do you fully equip your party after the first session or should they have to embark on an epic quest?

>Yoda told him that his last trial before becoming a Jedi master would be to fight Vader.
Let's not go THAT far, okay? He told Luke he would be a Jedi after facing Vader. I mean sure as the only Jedi left that we know of Luke would be in a position to not just call himself Master but also Grand Master, if so inclined, but I don't think Yoda would have approved.

>starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
what the hell

who does this

The Nova Courier.

Depends on how you want your campaign to go. If your PCs are starting out as inexperienced Order 66 survivors, a quest to acquire saber gubbins would be appropriate. If they're supposed to be experienced OJO or NJO knights, then it might make more sense to give them lightsabers right out the gate.

Have you guys seen this?

theriver.jp/tlj-review

I love this thing
?
It's all just moonrunes

>do plot
>'hey I want to elaborate on that let's do an episode tied to it later'
>do that
It's not complicated.

Depends on the era. During the old republic and clone wars, they were really young when they got their crystals and built their sabers. After endor though, when luke was rebuilding the order, you'd have people fully grown who'd be becoming padawans

That guy is amazing
He sells so much shit
Well, seems a little late to me as except a couple exceptions after season 3 it's completely linear

It's still very confusing to watch an episode and someone who died in a previous one appears from nowhere

Who knows what would have happened if Luke had remained with Yoda and finished his training proper rather than gone off on his own and gotten his hand chopped off.

It's one of those things we'll never know, and personally I don't think we should ever get a definitive answer to it, but there is the question of whether Yoda and Obi-Wan really believed Vader was irredeemable. Based on later information in TCWs Obi-Wan especially should know future events since being One with the Force allows him to exist outside of normal space-time. It's just that like Qui-Gon you aren't allowed to blurt out all the secrets. So that leaves Yoda. Did Yoda really think Vader was lost and did ROTJ truly BTFO the old Jedi Master? Or was it actually part of his grand plan all along? Recall what he said to Luke:

youtube.com/watch?v=iVY2MIy8xU0

The ultimate trial for Luke may have actually been to tell him that Vader could not be redeemed, setting it up as an impossible task, and basically challenging Luke to push past his own limitations and finally achieve the impossible by trusting in the Force as his ally. It even falls into that "certain point of view" bit since technically Vader wasn't redeemed, Anakin was restored and "killed" Vader the same was Vader "killed" Anakin at the end of the Clone Wars.

Just my two credits, anyway. It's also possible that Yoda and Obi-Wan merely adapted their plan to Luke's brash decision in ESB. Rather than training him as a fully realized Jedi who could have benefited from, among other things, that technique to block Sith lightning with ether blade or bare handed, instead they found a way for Luke to convince his dad to fight his last battle for him.

>It's still very confusing to watch an episode and someone who died in a previous one appears from nowhere
I never really had that problem, especially once it was clear early on that they were jumping around in time.

>"Last Jedi" refused the fans caught in the past like catching toy boxes with their children's face. Snook eventually was not revealed to anyone but died poorly without being given dignity. Ray 's parents were revealed that they were born from unnamed persons, not soldiers in the Jedi, or even the Immaculate Convent, but sold for sake.

I've not been able to find this info anywhere, might as well ask it here:

What crew would man the turrets of the Gozanti cruiser? Would it be the beetle helmeted engineers (like the ones on the Death Star)? I know they man the turbolasers in capital ships, but also on frigates and smaller vessels? Or would it be the crewmen that wear grey uniforms and black hats?

I'm currently retouching my Lego set of this ship and want to get the minifigs right.

While we're at it, what crew would pilot the ship? I haven't found any info on Imperial Pilots aside of the Starfighter Corps.

I'm trying to think of when this ever happens minus Onaconda being in a couple of Senate Shenanigans eps after he dies.

Some things are also technically out of place (I think) because they were bumped from the season they were originally going to air in, so the last banking clan arc appearing in season 6.

I want to say Rebels has greys run the minutiae of smaller ships but A, I haven't checked in a while, and B, because they all have their hats covering their faces so they don't have to make more than one Imperial officer I might be misremembering and just thinking of that kindof sloped silhouette.

Beetle borg guys. That's the uniform of a gunner.

Crew would be wearing the olive or dove grey service uniforms. I doubt if a Gozanti is captained by anyone higher-ranked than a Commander.

I feel like the Taoist and monomythic roots of the OT mean that Yoda was doing what many masters do; he was setting up boundaries knowing that when his student finally chose to go beyond them that he was ready.

Have you never seen a series that does this before, or?

Not Veeky Forums but thought Id sharw. So I finally got a grown up job and decided to treat myself for christmas. Bought a replica of Anakins lightsaber. Probably the most expensive paper weight I'll ever own but god damn I've wanted an "actual" lightsaber since I was a kid. Check this one off the bucket list.

nice dude

I can respect this, given my first 'tons of disposable income' stupid buy will most likely be this but Luke's.

>buying a toy lightsaber instead of a blaster rifle that's also just a normal rifle
Your money, I guess.

Whatever the case, we know that Luke learned his lesson and made the right choice.

Why is it called a cruiser when it's so small?

Congrats on your nerd item, but why not make your own?

The pilots would be Imperial crewmen, the grey suit/black cap guys. You see them operating Star Destroyers in ESB and RotJ. The gunners would probably be the ones you see on the Death Star.

For the same reason cruisers are called destroyers, I guess, and destroyers are called frigates.

Laziness mostly. Also this one comes with the led blade and sound and motion effects

W-w-what they did to Ventress, I liked her.

Had her fall in love and die.

Happened in old canon too. The Guardian-class was a "Light Cruiser" despite being 42 meters long.

And then there's the whole Dreadnaught-class Cruiser vs Dreadnaught scale category discrepancy.

I think the explanation was that "The Anaxes War College did its best"

I would prefered an extended clone wars. 2-3 years arent enough imho for a Galaxy spaning conflict. Also imagine all the cool shit they could have imagined for that kind of war...

Why would that matter? Even if this is the first (and someone would have to be first), would you complain less next time someone does it or just say, "It's another fucked up timeline series just like that shitty Lucaswars cartoon!"

That seems entirely fitting for Yoda. Luke's graduation was when he stopped looking for ghosts and hermit masters for his solutions and instead trusted in himself and the Force.

I tought this one would be way bigger. SW has such a wonky scale in space ships.

Blade looks so nice on camera too. Thank you for checking out my blog anons.

Don't forget that the war was a sham. It went on exactly as long as it needed to to get Palpatine all the power until he was ready to strike.

Not him, but I can't think of any TV series that isn't a loose anthology that does this. I don't hate it, though.

how much did it cost?

I guess Sheev has shit taste in wars, then.

Put it through translate

Hilt alone is 224 bucks. I got premium sounds, clash on hit, belt clip, and stand for around 467 bucks canadian from ultrasabers.

damn

In a primarily EotE game with one guy playing a Force-user, when should he get his hands on a lightsaber? I'd really like to have him get it after a long quest to really cement the weapon's status but I don't know

I'd make them wait a while. It was so rewarding when you finally got one in the Kotor games (although maybe a bit too long in KotoR2).

I just don't understand how many people can't pay attention for five seconds and realize 'oh that character that died isn't dead, this must have happened before that' and not 'OMG WTF HACK LUCAS ANIMATION WRITERS'

See

I was specifically talking about the prequel jedi, and how expanded material treated them in both canons

And what is Clone Wars if not that but just a bit tighter as you move further down the road (and it gets pretty linear)?

See I mean, shit

I wouldn't mind if there weren't cruisers 10 times the length

kek I remember when he randomly showed up again and the conclusion of the vong wars

Well, the important thing is for it to make sense when he gets his saber in the "story" of your journey. Beyond that, probably make him go find out how to put one together and then go either kill someone who has a kyber crystal or go to ilum to find his own. There are other weapons he can use until he gets a real lightsaber, so he wont be too hurt by having to wait.

Welcome to Star wars, where the names are mostly made up and don-t matter.

That ass is tragic, though.

Kreia was wrong

user, stahp, dont bully Ashoka.

If I was assigned to pilot an A-Wing instead of an X-Wing I'd probably crash into the bridge on purpose.