Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Vampire Counts 2.0 Edition

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14784506/r
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Special:RequestAccount
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Spell list. Please god, give us a good spell list:
>Casting value 8: Target unit's banner effect triggers.
>Casting value 7: Target unit may move once during the hero phase.
>Casting Value 8: Target an enemy unit: -1 to hit, and when ever a model dies in the unit, roll a d6. On a 3+, add a model to a nearby Skeleton or Zombie unit within 1". This cannot make a unit bigger than its maximum unit size.
>Casting Value 6: Unit may add +1 to their Deathless minion save.
>Casting Value 7: Target friendly or enemy unit. Unit ignores all save modifiers.
>Casting Value 12: (Purple Sun of Xereus) A draw a straight line from the caster to the board edge; All units that fall beneath recieve D3 mortal wounds and -2 to all bravery tests.

Reposting my spell wishlist.

Been out for a couple days.. Can someone explain what this whole "soup" meme is?

xth for 5 ways to play death soup

I asked a week or so ago about a missing part. I bought Death Battleforce and it turned out that one piece from Morghasts sprue was missing.
I mailed GW customer service about it with a photo of the sprue. They asked me for the purchase confirmation so I sent a photo of the receipt.
Today I got mail that they're sending me a whole new Morghast Archai box.
Thank you, based GW!

Some ass pained autismos want battletomes for their 5 unit army of skellies. Oh also they want models but they bitch about the tome and sperg out about you not getting the point when you question their shitposting motives.

A minority butthurt about Legions of Nagash Battletome
>strawpoll.me/14784506/r

They'll call you retarded cucks eating GW shit because you're excited.

What are your plans for tomorrow /aosg/ ?
I'm going to greenstuff the holes in my liberators shoulderpads and the last remaining stormcast-insignia (like lightning strikes)

I fail to understand what this has to do with soup.

>one morghast for free
Good job, skellyanon

Whats the sloppity bilepiper do?

Waiting for my FEC SC! box.

Same. Seems like a forced meme.

Instead of fleshing out the various sub-factions of Death, GW is just recombining them all back together into 'Death soup' along the lines of the End Times Undead book, sans Tomb Kings.

This theoretically appeases the old VC players, except it also means they have to pledge their undying loyalty to Nagash and his wacky mortachs which has them less appeased. In the meantime, people who saw the divisions within the Death armies as a chance to build flavorful armies dedicated to these different factions -- an undying legion of skeletons, or a ghastly army, or a zombie apocalypse -- are pissed because it shows that GW doesn't really care about making Deathrattle or Nighthaunt into their own thing. Instead, Death is getting slapped back into the soup pot and you played Mixed Death 2: Nagashian Boogaloo.

>Tfw no Battletome and still have old Compendium name

Legion of Azgorh/Chorfs need its Battletome already god damn it. Also give us our greenskin slaves

Second for chaos dorfs needing love

>inb4 retards refute and scream how you can build an army with two units
>GW is not allowed to add more models/units to a small faction

Some people want GW to flesh out factions like Nighthaunt or Skellies with their own battletomes instead of merging them together again
Soup is a name for mixed armies - different ingredients sharing the same bowl
>Forced meme
You are new here, aren't you?

Thank you for explaining. Definitely an unfunny forced meme.

>Ironjawz is a Battletome army with 4 units
>Deathrattle has 4 units, 2 heroes, and it'd be easily enough to slot in a Zombie Dragon-esque big monster+hero kit, and GW already has sculpts for skeleton archers and catapults

Yet you will get different Allegiances, and they might be much in favour of a certain Death sub-type, like Legion of Sacrament may favour Deathrattle in a way that a pure skele build might be possible.

We know next to nothing at this point, yet it's enough for some people to whine and whine and whine.

That just sounds like dangerous salt levels.

It pipes the bile, sloppily

>unchecked dubs
>and trips
you're welcome
now, what's /yourdudes/ color scheme, and how does that make them stand out from the standard?

>everyone forgets that Soulblight still gets new allegiance rules and is still the best fucking faction

Suck it, ghoultards and smelly fuckhaunts lmao

Eh, that describes pretty much every single meme on Veeky Forums desu.

Well, remember that this is the Grand Alliance that's seen virtually no support, and when it finally comes from on high, it's "Get ready to buy the other factions you don't like in order to be relevant".

True, but it's also a pretty blatant sign from GW that they don't give a shit about fleshing out the different Undead lines into their own things when you could do so pretty easily and still have the autists be happy to buy new kits for their make-believe toy soldiers.

>GW finally decides to shit out a turd for AoS
>Oh thank you masta please shit on my face again!!!

Fucking sad how mediocrity is so welcome here.

We at the lexicanum need your help getting everything up-to-date with Age of Sigmar. If you can please join and help us edit the wiki.

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Special:RequestAccount

Yeah. As a Spiderfaggot, I'm just worried that the Grots are going to get the same treatment. No real support other than a pointless hero and a big ole battletome that pushes you to running mixed Grots instead of the army you bought and wanted to play.

I'd honestly just prefer to be unsupported than to get something like this.

My bloodletters are still red but much darker tones. Like dried blood almost.
The rest of the unit is going to be pitch black with gold/brass highlights. Not too different but I already like Khorne colour scheme

>implying anyone gives a shit about AoS's capeshit lore
There's a reason no-one cares about WoW's lore anymore too, user.

Meanwhile GWs year is going to be full of 40k releases with the token AoS shit coming out.

Almost like I have seen this before. In the early 10s with WHFB to be exact.

My armies fine. Maybe you shoulda chose a different faction if you wanted major support. Should I buy Dispossessed only to groan constantly?

Considering that the WHFB section of the Lexi is in a even worse state, that tells us how much people cared about that setting.

Guys, serious question: Should I sell my Necrosphinx? I don't ever plan on using it, its my only Tomb King model and I'd rather just spend the money on new models.

Unless you are playing stormcast nurgle or khorne I would not be satisfied with how they handled my army. Dispossessed were fine when the game first came out now they are pruning shit from the list and I do not appreciate that.

Finish painting my Lord of Plagues, kitbashed from Blightkings and Vampire Lord spine horns from zdragon box.
i already paint him 2 days in a row, what i supposed to do with literally army of such models?

Maybe I don't like the asthetic or play style of the other factions?

>Dispossessed players pissing and moaning
I mean, that's basically just them LARPing as their army, isn't it? Bitching about shit is literally the Dispossessed's mo.

Mostly because post-AoS, the people that edited articles there swapped over to Warhammer Wiki which has seen a surge in traffic since Total Warhammer dropped.

Anybody here have tips for finding a color scheme? Currently working on baby's first model, yet I struggle finding a color scheme.

What army are you painting?

My Spiderfaggots are divided up and based upon the Big A that each little tribe worships. All are just variants on the same bunch of colors to keep it somewhat unified while still varied.
>Deathspitterz Tribe
Black with red, 20 Spider Riders, a Big A, and my Grot Big Boss
>The Chitterfang Mob
Black with yellow, 20 Spider Riders and a Big A.
>Goredrinkerz Tribe
Red with yellow, 20 Spider Riders and a Big A.

>he doesn't play stormcast, nurgle or khorne
Wew

>Well, remember that this is the Grand Alliance that's seen virtually no support, and when it finally comes from on high, it's "Get ready to buy the other factions you don't like in order to be relevant".

Sounds like a lot of bellyaching when they finally gets around to throw people a bone. They will probably follow it up with more Death stuff over the year.

Tzeentch Mortals. Kairic Acolytes predominantly.

sell it to me

Nope, it was pretty much dead long before the AoS.

I made a MP wallpaper for myself, thought I might as well share it.

I think that was just because less autists was into WHFB and those people don't obsessively catalogue the setting.

Even with compendium stuff I'm excited for my chaos dwarfs to come in.

And for the guy asking earlier, I wanted to take Daemons, not mortals, as Allies for my Chorfs. Sort of like 'hey you can have these Daemons for work steeds if you give us souls in return'. Which is why I settled on Seekers and maybe daemonettes. Sort of like backup daemon support.

First question: What skin tone are you using?

>background
>points of interest
>themes
these are the things you need to think about when creating a colour scheme.

ideally you start from the most constant and already present directions from the background: greenskins have green skin, warpstone is usually green too and blue horrors have been blue for some time now; nothing is ever set in stone, but keeping in mind where everything is at the start helps creating a narrative as you flow from what should be to what you would want it to be through why it is the way it will be.

For the points of interest you'll need to decide what people want to see in the miniature and from what angles it will usually be seen; as is an understanding of colours theory (of what constitutes as warm, neutral and cold colours to which combinations are complementary and which ones are contrasting) because you may decide how a person reads your miniature by guiding it through its various features in the colour scales of your army.

Finally the most important is a theme: what do you like both in general and in particular regarding the miniature you chose or the faction it comes from? do you want it to be serious or having a bit of tongue in cheek references? have it grounded in the reality of the setting as much as possible or deviating to explore an exception or an experiment?

>Don't like how GW are handling your army?
>Lmao go buy an entire new army for one they are actually supporting retard

Debating on going something humanistic or daemonic.

If going human oriented something probably Caucasoid , Mediterranean, African, etc.

...are you gonna sculpt him a cock...

What do you think about an update like this
1) Arachnarok splitted into 7 different warscrolls, each with a different point value for the list building variety
>Shaman on Arachnarok (behemot hero)
>Warboss on Arachnarok (behemot hero)
>Arachnarok with a flinger (behemot warmachine)
>Arachnarok with a spiderfang grots crew (behemot battleline)
>Just an Arachnarok (behemot)
>foot Shaman (hero on 25mm base)
>foot Warboss (hero on 25mm base)
2) Grot Scuttlings sold as a separate kit (battleline)
3) GHB17 style allegiance abilities
>3 battle traits, 6 command traits, 6 artifacts
>Focused mainly on Spider magic
>One of the battle traits are Gifts of the Spider God - roll 2d6 in the hero phase to get one of the eight different buffs
On the other hand spidergrots would not get any new sculpts for a long while (if ever)

Faggot
Leave

Don't buy unsupported armies in the first place. Fuck off with your constant green text, dumbass.

You should put one of the extra heads as his groin.

Yes

Tzeentch is pleased

I already had it you stupid faggot.

Some of us have been playing for longer than 2 years. Figures when GW goes full capeshit then all the soy boy nu males jump on board.

Does someone have the image depicting a stormcast model laying around and then a space marine librarian replaces him with the text "hope shall fall and evil will rise"?

>soy boy nu males
Just leave you absolute retard

/v/ going all out with the memes

How much would you pay for it user?

30p

Why should I?

>implying /v/

try and have an actual discussion about what is wrong with AoS and people go full GW dick holster.

Sad as fuck.

Sorry user, but I don't speak brit

In what way was this an actual discussion. Piss off kid.

>LMAO JUST GO BUY A NEW ARMY

Right there. I know they like to make money but this blatant jewery and everyone falling for it is sad.

35 euros, since i'll have to repaint it to suit my tomb kangz
you are free to negociate with me a better price

I think that's completely retarded, imo. There's no reason at all to make the Arachnarok into 7 different war-scrolls. There's no reason to make foot heroes when the entire schtick of the army is full-cavalry to make Bretonnians jealous. Scuttlings look retarded, and I personally don't really care about them enough to even want them in the army. I've been playing a combination of Pure Spiderfang and Spiderfang + Gitmob Rock Lobbas for about a year now, and I really don't see a reason for a lot of those changes. Ultimately, all you really need to do is this.
>Different point costs for four Arachnaroks, ideally done at the same time that you just turn it into 3 versions: Naked, Shaman + Howdah, Flinga + Howdah. And if you want to be really generous, make the Flinga less useless and tack on some ability that fucks with enemy movement if they get hit with it.
>Allegience abilities. I personally handled this with homebrew, and my local FLGS is fine with it. Basically, it helps to build on the Spiderfang's mobility and their interaction with terrain.

And that's it. And honestly, even a lot of the shit about the Big A is more or less irrelevant since no-one is ever going to run a naked one. You always want at least 2 Shaman, and you usually just take the Flinger because there's no reason not to atm due to point costs. Either dropping the cost on the Flinger or giving it some unique movement shenanigans and a slight buff to make it a little better is really all I can ask for, and I'm pretty content with it as it is. Spider Magic might be fun, or Allegience abilities that are based on Broods that speciailize your spiders as ambushers or webby trappers or extra-virulent or hardier. But ultimately, these pointless. So just focus on the two tweaks that we really need in the wake of losing the Venom Mob, and you're fine.

Because you're just screeching memes that have no relation to any discussions being had.
>he doesn't want to hear my non stop moaning so he's a soyboy. That'll teach em.
Don't forget to cross post to /v/ and /pol/ so they can see your ebin burn as well.

>5 ways to play Death soup
>plus Soulblight

Vampires always win, baby.

>muh /v/ and /pol/ boogyman whenever someone disagrees

Keep riding that cock.

>don't want to give a flag and musician to ten guys as they're so small they don't deserve it and it looks weird
>buffs are too good to pass up and they're free
Kill me

I for one welcome grot soup

Give them a small banner and a small musician
shit like a backtotem and a guy shouting

I like all this except 7 arachnarok scrolls. 3 would be fine.

And heros on foot would be lame considering riding spiders is what they're all about. Unless it was a scuttling hero...

Eh, I was thinking about 50$ USD. I live in America, so shipping might cost some. I think I'll drop a line in the local Selling group to see if there's any intrest locally, but I'll keep you in mind.

If the boot fits.

More power to you, and all praise the Moonman Moon Klan. It just seems like an even easier way for GW to pretend to give a shit about the lines while actually just tossing them in the closet and just giving them some half-assed support. Hell, the only non-Spiderfang models I run are the rock lobbers, and even those I kitbashed out of Flingers.

>forever tied up dwarf is on the ground rather than dangling from an outstretched aracnarok's limb

Soon

yeah agree with this guy. A tome could have allegiance abilities based on choosing between say poison-focus or web-focus. One is all about mortal wounds and multi-turn DOTs and the other is about reducing enemy movement and stealth. Could theme it with alternative spider gods or something.

>And heros on foot would be lame considering riding spiders is what they're all about
I thought that cheap point-wise foot heroes would be a good way to fill the list with some more magic/buff support while being hidden among huge boys

>that one time Archaon struggled against fucking goblins riding spiders

Yeah, but ultimately, I don't see that happening, so I decided to just make something that works well-enough in the meantime after the release of GHB2017. I tested these rules pretty rigorously and also got advice from both here and plebbit and ended up with something that I enjoy playing and that I think adds something to help make them a more interesting opponent to play against, as well.

Because let's face it, when we still had the Venom Mob, original Battle Brew, and original Bellowing Tyrant, the army was just pure fucking cheese.

You thought wrong. That's retarded. No offense.

What destruction GA abilities are you using for spidergrots?

I use him as an objective marker so I like to be able to just dump him on the tree stump when taking snaps. Would be cool to dangle him from a spider mouth though.

Yeah I get that some players want pure spiderfang but I like the mix, and really love throwing in a chaff-horde of netters before I start gobbling with the spiders and running little spiders to objectives.

>Tfw no hobgoblin rules for Chaos Dwarf army that can be used for Matched Play

FUG

I'm not. I'm using the Allegiance abilities I posted in the post you replied to. The folks I play with are all a-okay with it, and I have no real interest in going to tournaments.

Fair enough, and it definitely seems like it works well enough.

GW customer service has always been top notch, even in darker days.

Yeah would good but I just can't see GW doing it given that moonclan already fill that role. Cool diorama and models you got there dude.

Or it is a lazy way to disregard someone because they cant possibly frequent Veeky Forums because they disagree with you.

Fag.

What's to stop me from removing a bit, and then saying I'm missing a bit and sending an email to gw?

>That's retarded. No offense.
None taken

Don't be a fucking piece of shit.

Please don't make GW mistrust us and turn them into bigger jews